GPD Gamepad digital

Hey guys, anyone else here use a GPD laptop for anything? I run Arch on a GPD pocket and love having it as a lightweight computer to take to coffee shops and mess around on.

Attached: gpdpocket.jpg (1600x1200, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/XAMMBOX-Ultrabook-Portable-M3-8100Y-Original/dp/B07L7DVDL3/
youtube.com/watch?v=PAcWRu8EuMM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'll never get the point of this thing. The original GPD at least made some sense as an emulator platform. Although I'd argue a 2nd hand smartphone and a Bluetooth game pad do the same for 1/5 the price. But what's the point of this? If you want to shitpost on the go, a phone is fine. If you need to do work while out bring an 11" ultra portable. The keys are too damn small for me to think you'd see any great improvement in WPM over an virtual keyboard

I think I would use this thing over a phone... maybe? Haven't put my hands on it.

I like companies innovating. But the GPD is in an awkward position. It's too big to fit in anything except cargo pant pockets, but it's keys are too small for typical home row typists. Which also makes using it for games extremely difficult. Also, another point, it's doubtful any of the base models will ever have cellular data so it's tied to Hotspot.

Don't get me wrong, if I got one for free I'd love to screw around with it. But I can't see laying down $600 for a device with almost total redundancy with the computer you already carry everywhere in your pocket.

>mind goes to gayming
Shoot yourself. The draw of this is that it can run desktop programs

I’d say it can be a great carputer but the tablet segment/touchscreens are probably better equipped.

I'd love for the GPD Win 3 to keep the gaming controls but add a 360 hinge with Active digitizer.
Absolute niche of a niche so no way it's gonna be made.

does linux work on it

I used my gpd win 1 as an htpc for a year until the battery expanded. Replaced the battery and haven't used it since. I'll give it to my son when he's old enough to use it

yes

Attached: screenfetch.png (1920x1200, 876K)

this looks a dozen times better
amazon.com/XAMMBOX-Ultrabook-Portable-M3-8100Y-Original/dp/B07L7DVDL3/

Is the pocket 2 worth it for ¥70k? Can I run Debian on it properly?

>The draw of this is that it can run desktop programs
LIKE VIDEO GAMES

why are you using 6to4?

this looks pretty cute and comfy actually.
does it support vulkan at all

yes, it uses a hd 405

I have an IPv6 router and two IPv4 routers to facilitate easy roaming between my home and (outdoor) office without having to switch network connections.

>1000bucks for a netbook
Do retards actually pay for that?

hipster faggot

As long as you slap "gaming" on it, yes.

Do you really think this is a funny post worth your time? Do you know anyone that has actually committed suicide? You are literally the antitheses of man-kind.

Cease life functions.

Attached: $0.png (362x259, 156K)

I don't know. The keyboard still looks kinda fucked as far as touch-typing goes.

Typing on touch screens is a pain, especially smaller ones. Having a dedicated keyboard is a much better experience.
This is an x86 PC instead of (((ARM))) which is a huge plus.

is there a small netbook-like 2-in-1 with decent pen support? could be great for onenote if the pen wasn't humongous

why cant someone make one of these but with a rasberry pi so it can have days of battery life?
What the fuck is wrong with this market?

the original GPD was designed for gaming you dumbass

all smartphones that are powerful and cheap are chinkshit with no battery. and the GPD has always been more powerful since it uses laptop parts. yes you can emulate well on a phone, but PC gives greater options and can run windows games as well. personally I think phone screens are too small for gaming.

because it would probably run like shit and require a shit design.

Some people just dont like smartphones, id rather have this and a dumbphone with tether than the latest 1000 dollar android phone or an iphone.

GPD are released a version of the GPD WIN/POCKET that has a serial port on it, in a six inch form factor, the idea being some telecomunications and embedded systems use serial for maintence and sometimes its not so simple getting a 15 inch laptop up a telecoms tower etc.

Sure you could use USB adaptors, but they are not always reliable and stuff. Its an interesting idea and a little niche i guess, but i dont like the form factor, i wish it was more like a rubberized GPD Pocket that flipped over/ folds flat.

youtube.com/watch?v=PAcWRu8EuMM

Used it for over a year, switched to gemini pda. I use it only for management purposes, gemini won having a LTE router built in, so i dont need to tether. Fun device tho.

>wanting ARM
Fuck off

ARM is happening and you can't stop it. 20+ hour battery life is the future

>no standard BIOS
Enjoy your bricked devices and compiling an OS 1000000 times just so it can be used on more than a single device.

>just so it can be used on more than a single device.
as opposed to?

Its more innovative than the actual macbook air. I liked the previous version, thou. Would like to get one to test it

Any x86 OS.