AIO fans inside or outside?

Which do you guys prefer or think is best? Fans on the inside or outside of the radiator?

Attached: file.png (800x419, 292K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NZeqavVRX7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>AIO
Get a load of this fag.

>Fans on the inside or outside of the radiator
...what?

You take that consumer junk and shove it up your ass like the gay little tripfag you are

Spending 500 dollars on a custom loop that's gonna need maintenance and probably start a small drip leak onto your motherboard

get a load of this fag

Seriously though custom cooling is a hobby and is not necessary. I pay 100$ for an AIO with a five year warranty, no filling, checking for leaks, worrying about corrosion or gunking up. And has almost as good of temps.

If you like to build custom loops, cool go for it. but just realize AIO's are superior from a practicality standpoint in almost every way.

And i wanna say linus figured out that fans on outside, blowing air through and in is better than having the fans sucking the air through.

>fan inside the radiator
Are you high?

AIOs are not comparable to a custom loop not even close, just because it's technically a liquid cooler it doesn't mean it has the performance of an actual custom loop
AIOs are just for aesthetics really, if you cared about practicality a high end air cooler does just as well while being cheaper

Not Op but fuck off and stop being pedantic

I've watched plenty of jayz videos to know that custom loops offer marginally better temps than an AIO. I feel safe in saying that's a fact seeing as so many of jayz videos prove this.

Custom loops are cool and have their place, but as I said they are really exist just for the hobby of it instead of the practicality.

>hobby instead of the practicality.

Attached: 1425025595689.jpg (1000x750, 442K)

And a high end air cooler might cool almost as well as an AIO, but it will do it at twice the fan speed...meaning twice the sound/loudness

So no that's not an equal comparison.

I would have fallen for this high level bait last year when I was still a newfag.

Well I'm not baiting and that's pretty much how it is.

If you want to show some counter points that prove me wrong, go for it.

Attached: 1507459568288.gif (500x685, 952K)

You mean push or pull. Doesn’t matter.

What are the chances like an AIO to shit the bed and destroy my pc in 5 or 10 years?

I have a 5+year old refurbed so that still works. Bought it refurbished for $50 to cool my phenom 2, and then fx. OCd the p2 to 4.0ghz, and it kept it pretty cool afair.

Don't worry about leaks.
If your place is a little dusty, I hope you're willing to clean that radiator at most each month, or you'll quickly get worse performance than regular air cooling.

very rare, although they do fail sometimes, but again that's not too common.

I had to rma mine after two years because the pump started to fail. I always run a second monitor though with corsair link software so I was able to see the high temps as soon as they started to happen though. Although it was only an issue if running cpu 100%, like on prime95 or something. I was able to do most things and it would be hot, but not over 80C.

custom loops are rice you fucking nerds

mad because chad can buy a just as good aio

forgot to mention was a corsair h100i. They had good customer support so that was a plus.

Useless gimmick. Just use an arctic freezer 33.

pump will die before you even see a leak

An overclocked 200w processor will reach roughly the same temperature on a slim 240mm aio and a 2* 480mm thick custom loop. The difference is the custom loop can sustain a significantly higher heat load. That means the fans on the custom loop can spin at a significantly lower rpm and you will also have the ability to add in additional heat loads (such as gpus) without having to increase the rpm.

Performance wise there's no difference, but you truly haven't experienced computing until your parts are being pushed to their limit while the fans are spinning briskly at 400rpm.

I too like the sound pf my own voice.

Fuck off op, you literally don't gain any thing putting a fan INSIDE a radiator.

What's the expected life for an AIO cooler?

Damn you're pretty autistic

Whenever I can I use a push/exhaust configuration: fans inside the case, blowing air directly on the radiator, with the air then exiting the case.
You can also do a pull configuration: radiator - fan - case. In this configuration the fans pull the air "through" the rad, but still the air goes out of the case.
I don't like to do intake.

Properly sealed pull.
Everything else is less effective.

Attached: Nekopara+though+_57edc68e25ccd1b0fb47811362c64661.jpg (773x782, 265K)

I'm not even going to (You) anyone.
>AIOs are just for aesthetics really, if you cared about practicality a high end air cooler does just as well while being cheaper

- AIOs can dispense heat and rapid heat increase more efficiently
- AIOs can keep a far more stable temperature, especially in places with higher ambient temperature compared to heatsinks
- AIOs have no pump noise anymore compared to old custom loop pumps
- AIOs big radiator with two slow fans will cool more efficiently while running more silent than even high end Noctua heatsinks
- AIOs can have their radiator in specific sealed off places in the case, not interfering with inside air at all, only taking outside and and blowing it outside
- AIOs don't leak any hot air inside the case like heatsinks
- AIOs aren't even more expensive anymore, you can get a H150 on sale for a dozen buck more than a Noctua D15 if you keep your eyes open, not even accounting for cheaper models with still higher thermal dissipation capability than air

But who gives a fuck, you're a child crying about other people liking other things for various reasons. You're just gonna call out seething, coping, buyers remorse while it's obvious you're the one having all those symptoms.

Attached: 1548222204082.jpg (800x600, 17K)

fuck off trip

Source on this? Or just first hand experience?

both is the patrician answer. push-pull with high static pressure fans

Bunch of YouTube videos and forum posts of people testing it and my own first hand experience. Proper seal between the radiator and fan with a slow speed pressure fan gave me the best results, even better than push/pull with much higher fan speeds.

youtu.be/NZeqavVRX7g

HOLY SHIT MOTHERFUCKER WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Attached: Clipboard03.jpg (224x101, 11K)

what's wrong with that? The voltage? I'm pumping 1.45v through my Ryzen rn for 4.25GHz and 1.4v on my RAM

2850 WATTS

dude it's not even close

furthermore we use distilled water for a reason. It won't damage your components unless you never flush your system.

AIOs still aren't as good as said noctua

but honestly you're all a bunch of retarded consumer shills who aren't smart enough to build a custom loop without mah leaking

>t. seething, coping, buyers remorse fag

- AIOs can dispense heat and rapid heat increase more efficiently
compared to what?
- AIOs can keep a far more stable temperature, especially in places with higher ambient temperature compared to heatsinks
do you have any benchmarks to back this up?
- AIOs have no pump noise anymore compared to old custom loop pumps
compared to air coolers they're still louder
- AIOs big radiator with two slow fans will cool more efficiently while running more silent than even high end Noctua heatsinks
pumps will always make more noise than fans
- AIOs can have their radiator in specific sealed off places in the case, not interfering with inside air at all, only taking outside and and blowing it outside
in what scenario do people EVER do this?
- AIOs don't leak any hot air inside the case like heatsinks
>what are exhaust fans
- AIOs aren't even more expensive anymore, you can get a H150 on sale for a dozen buck more than a Noctua D15 if you keep your eyes open, not even accounting for cheaper models with still higher thermal dissipation capability than air
>you can get a shitty AiO cooler for what's generally considered the best air cooler on the market
The ONLY reason you get an AiO is that you can't mount a decent air cooler OR aesthetics.
Also don't forget the worst case scenario for an air cooler is that the fans fail and then you're left with a big piece of aluminium passively cooling your cpu. However if an AiO leaks it can and will brick your entire system.
Please stop regurtitating whatever misinformation your favourite paid shilltuber has told you.

Attached: peeposmoke.png (500x500, 70K)

I'm only replying because "pumps will always make more noise than fans" is so retarded, I just have to reply, but I'll answer all your dumb questions.

>compared to what?
Heatsinks with heatpipes that are rated for same thermal dissipation power.

>do you have any benchmarks to back this up?
Bigger surface area to dispense heat with = better heat dispersion.
Even if you don't like people who make videos on YouTube, watch the LTT videos about AIOs and the topic, they do tests, all credited. If you think it's misinformation, sue them and afterwards show me if they were wrong.

>compared to air coolers they're still louder
How? Much lower fan speed.

>pumps will always make more noise than fans
Those are rotational pumps, not vibration or piston pumps, they are inaudible. Imagine running a fan underwater at low RPM.

>in what scenario do people EVER do this?
If you have a case able to do this, why wouldn't you?

>what are exhaust fans
Not as efficient. That's why it's called "leak".

>you can get a shitty AiO cooler for what's generally considered the best air cooler on the market
An AIO that still manager to have a delta of 2C less in even the worst case scenario.

>The ONLY reason you get an AiO is that you can't mount a decent air cooler OR aesthetics.
But that was just proven wrong. Are you mad that you fell for the heat pipe radiator meme?

>However if an AiO leaks it can and will brick your entire system.
Five year warranty. If it leaks and breaks your system, all broken parts are covered by the warranty. Personally I have cheapest of the cheap, like H60 cheap AIOs that are older than that and still work fine though.

Personally I've used a NH-D15 and H80 on the same system and the temperatures were pretty much the same, the H80 being also a very low end, cheap solution tho. But the VRM temps were FAR better with the H80, since it was drawing heat away from the board/inside of the came more efficiently and left the board with better airflow.

you know its true

gay, either way

>a $500 custom loop is the only alternative to an AIO
Such a shame there isn't any sort of cheaper, quieter solution that cools just as well.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 198K)

AIO liquid coolers offer almost no tangible benefits over aftermarket air coolers. They're not cheaper, they're not more efficient, they're often not even quieter. A $50 air cooler will usually give you the same results as a $100+ AIO liquid cooler.

Read the thread, tard.

What did he mean by this?

Attached: noise-load.jpg (730x603, 40K)

>inside/outside
underaged bait from a tripfag /v/irgin. back to your containment board you literal double nigger

they're both basically the same in terms of temps unless you go push+pull. but having it in pull only configuration makes it easier to clean dust than a push only configuration.

AIOs in the size of 240mm and 360mm are better than air coolers, the issue is that they're more expensive and you need a big case to fit rads that huge.

>私は
Triptards, everyone

>corsair shit
>ever
Kek

>AIOs have no pump noise anymore compared to old custom loop pumps
Not true at all, the latest Gen6 pumps are said to be noisier than the older models.
When you're in idle an air cooler only has to spin fans at inaudible speeds while the pump has to work at high speed with its annoying whirring sound.
Top end AIOs are slightly better than a NH-D15 but also noisier.

Christ learn how to greentext

There are benchmarks that prove you're full of shit. High end AIOs will beat high end air coolers by couple degrees celsius while costing 3 to 4 times more. And they are noisier. Fuck off already, retard.

What do you call an argument when every statement of fact contradicts itself?

Push+pull or don't bother.

Proof? He's right you know. No need to get so upset.

>not using thermoelectric cooling

Attached: laughingpeople.webm (1280x1280, 870K)

>Fans on the inside or outside of the radiator
...What? There is no "inside or outside" no front or back. Radiators emit thermal energy evenly across it's fins.

I find this thread shallow and pedantic

Why not both?

H100i (older model) AIO still going strong after 5yrs... no temp issues or erroneous noises.

what is with you faggots giving a fuck whether he says inside/outside or push/pull. it's not like he's writing some essay here.

If the fans are pulling air through your rad and happen to be on the side that is facing the motherboard, you could say the fans are on the inside, as in the side that is in the case.

Whereas if the fans are pushing air through and the fans are on the side opposite the motherboard, then you could say the fans are outside. As in the side that is facing outwards of the case.

A good Noctua might offer almost as good of performance as an AIO, but one thing everyone just so happens to conveniently leave out is that the air cooler is going to be louder.

Also if you guys are hearing your water pump then it's probably failing. they are almost silent when running properly.

this is useless and biased as fuck without knowing the temperatures too.

>AIO
>liquid cooling

Attached: wojaknumale1.jpg (219x230, 8K)

>AIOs are just for aesthetics really

Not just for aesthetics. Top end air coolers require massive heatsinks sitting on your CPU. An AIO cooler is tiny by comparison. Makes moving shit around inside the case way easier.

Water cooling of any kind is a meme and you don't know shit if you think it's appropriate for a desktop CPU.

Speaking of this whole cooling subject

I was thinking of two things: An aftermarket cooler for my GPU (RX570 MSI Armor non-mk2, so you know it's the worst model available) and going small form factor on my next build.

First off, regarding aftermarket coolers: is it even worth trying that shit so that you can do a little overclocking? Normal temps under full load are around 75C with the fans at 1300RPM.

Second, is there such a thing as a decently small build that is able to accomodate a GPU like this, a tower cooler and an ATX PSU that doesn't shit the bed on thermals either? I always felt like a single GPU setup without anything else made full ATX kind of a waste. However I keep seeing mini-ITX builds that, as attractive as they look, they also look like there's no room for decent airflow. Bonus if the case to use in this situation was easy to work with, with cable management and such. I hate cases that have shit like SSD mounting spots where you have to bend cables in an awkward way.

Complete bullshit. Nobody buys AIOs for silence. The pump noise alone is more irritating than a high end air cooler like the NH-D15, without even starting on fan noise. And no, they generally don't run slower, plus are usually the cheapest garbage you can find and require replacing with $20 Noctuas anyway to be competitive on noise for even more added cost.

Yeah but air coolers look like shit.

If you have a window in your case, you're a fucking faggot and should kill yourself immediately.

It's not a window, it's a mesh grill for improved airflow.

You're an idiot and AIO's are only a practical solution is the most cramped and poorly designed cases.

A custom loop that's got 2-10 times the fin area will blow any rinky dink 20mm aio out of the water, and will do it much quieter than any aio, and any well designed case with a mid-tier tower cooler is more than sufficient for most cpu's

Sub-280mm AIO'S exist to fool users into buying "watercooled" pcs with A "guaranteed warranty" that stop being useful if you don't buy oem.

I remember a user who had his pump die on him and corsair chalked it up to user error, they said he tightened his cpu holddown too much... And that broke the pump on a 200 dollar cooler. Sure. No, they exist to fuck consumers when compared to most other solutions, like many gimmicks.