XPS 15

Shill me on this device, or offer me alternatives for a similar device. ideally i'd get a 15" mbp but shit's expensive. pls dont offer me thicc "gayming" laptops because i'm going to daily this to school and back

Attached: xps 15.jpg (1500x1000, 138K)

HP Elitebooks

It's thin and light, but unlike macs, they don't explode and burn your house down.

T480s

will look at them but they look expensive + is hp
oh shut the fuck up, ran a macbook pro 2011-2015 when i got the retina 13" when the early 2015's were released

almost 4 years since release and it's still not exploded and my house is fine it's just i dont want to live the two computer life anymore especially bc i dont play games

If you enjoy tinnitus, get it.

I exchanged the xps 3 times, all brand new, all of them had coil whine problem no matter what "solution" I googled. The whine is most notable when the iGPU is being used, even when scrolling a website.

I heard the coil whine is a lottery, but after 3 tries I just gave up, demand refund and return to the x230.

oh that's not good haha
if it was possible i'd even disable the 1050Ti because i wont be using it but if that happens with igpu i guess we'll see.

x230 sounds good but it's older and presumably slower than my macbook :(

>slower than my macbook
Nothing is slower than a macbook.

Attached: 1519243912888.jpg (1750x960, 405K)

whatever makes you sleep at night, user

I have the 9550 since 2016 and it's been great. I only switched WiFi card bc Bluetooth was fucked.

If you don't need the GPU anyway why not go for an older model or the XPS 13?

im thinking of getting an intel 9260 when i order the thing, have a "killer" card on my mobo and it's just shitty in general
xps13 is a no because i just dont like how it compares to the mac, there's absolutely no real reason to buy one of those instead of sucking daddy cook's dick again

and not an older model because id want the best i can get for the money. besides, for $1300 i can get a 6 core i7, something you can't do with older models even if you paid to max it out. thought of the i5 model but at that point i'd rather buy a new i5 than used i7 HQ and last gen

to add to that: the only reason im considering this is because i dont have the extra $1k for a macbook. as spoiled as it sounds for me i feel like im going to be "stuck" with this thing for a while because everyone says the kb/trackpad is good, but good for a "windows laptop" aka not as good as the mac trackpad.

same goes for screens, i dont know how the fhd ones look. ive seen 4k ones on display everywhere but not a single fhd one and i'm actually scared to even drop this kind of money on something sight unseen especially because of the anti glare meme.

This.

Attached: 1527884901122.jpg (656x611, 76K)

What's wrong with just keeping with what you got then?
You sound like you got Tim Cucks dick stuck deep in your ass, you're just gonna regret a PC and will be $3000 away instead from your next Mac.

I have the 9560 and a 2017 15 tMBP.
The Mac is shit, the keyboard malfunctions constantly and the OS forces you to wait for animations to complete at every action.
The xps with Ubuntu works fine for me, but you will have to call Dell support repeatedly until you have the perfect laptop.

Attached: 20180403_062827(1).jpg (3668x2121, 1.87M)

I have the 9570. Haven't experienced any issues other than shitty audio drivers.

>call Dell support
why?

I have the 13" xps and It's one of the best devices I've owned, runs Ubuntu very well and while I dont use the touchscreen much there are odd times where it suddenly becomes very useful..

I wish I had gotten the XPS13 2-in-1 though, I'll probably buy that for my dad this year some time.

I had them replace the GPU (aka whole motherboard) because it was making noises, and a wobbly trackpad.
Took me 2 weeks total.

th-thats not tinnitus... thats just a sound in the environment...

I mean, I don't like the mac trackpads very much, I'd say the xps trackpad is very nice, you can do gesture shit and taps, and it is solidly connected and a nice smooth surface. The bottom area is clickable so theres a slight movement there but you only feel that when actually intending to click, the touchpad otherwise feels like a solid piece.

That being said you should try go to a computer store showroom near you and feel one in person, get a sense of the materials, the weight and the distribution of weight/center of gravity. Once you start paying as much as an xps-tier laptop/lowend mac you want to make sure you actually *like* the machine, not just the specs

Why did you have to call dell? the only reason I had to call them was cause after 6 months the charger started to stop working in cold conditions, the replacement was free and only took half a week. Installing ubuntu from a fresh iso worked perfectly and I didn't need to enable contrib/non-free to have a fully working laptop

/thread
Glad I woke up from the Crapple brainwashing.
>durrr max r gud just stop using it wrong!!11

Attached: 1542336765479.jpg (2000x1333, 455K)

I'm surprised you haven't learned your lesson after just one iShit

XPS-13 owner here too. Two years old, running CentOS. Love the machine, driving a 34"-4K monitor off the USB-C port in tandem with the laptop screen (running KDE, not Gnome bullshit...)

Do you have any idea how fucking tiny the XPS 13 are? Go see one at a store, the size alone might be enough deter you from buying it. The battery life on those is fucking sweet though

see if you can find a Huawei Matebook
There are few models... I have Matebook D with Ryzen. Its a great laptop for the price. Best part is its a Windows Signature device so it came with 0 bloatware.

How can Bezelbooks even compete?

Attached: 1546397190647.jpg (770x577, 116K)

If you're still ok with the 15" size, I'd recommend looking into the Xiaomi Notebook Pro, I'm replying from mine now and it's a fucking dream.
My other alternative would be the 13" XPS. I wanted one of those because the 13" one is sexy af, battery lasts forever and the hardware is good. I got my Xiaomi because it was cheaper though and it's very good. Battery lasts forever, usb c charging, good screen, solid body, great trackpad and opening the screen doesn't lift the body up.
It's an obvious mac clone, but it's sexy doing it. Just the base feels a bit cheap, the rest of it is great.