Here's your fresh Windows 10 install bro

Here's your fresh Windows 10 install bro

Attached: IMG_20190128_094507.jpg (4096x2304, 2.65M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ghacks.net/2016/03/02/turn-off-microsoft-consumer-experience/
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cant-find-gpeditmsc/c3e2f937-3ff4-4c53-a4e3-a15dad53fb3f
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Target user base reached.
Everything is going according to plan.
Get those microtransactions running nigguh.

Thanks bro, nice job

And it can all be deleted or uninstalled in 2 minutes. Quit being a bitch.

>taking screenshots with a phone
Go back back to facebook, smoothbrain.

How about you stop being their bitch and stop pretending this is in and way acceptable?

install ltsc if you don't want that
or linux

It's so mildly inconvenient that it's hard to care. You're probably going to spend more time on this thread than you did removing that rubbish

Attached: 1548630514792.jpg (707x732, 92K)

>waaaaahhhhh why do """""free""""" products and services have ads?
kys retard

Attached: 1528240258516.png (931x334, 100K)

>Paying to see ads

It's like Microsoft is testing how much they can tool their users before they get angry. And Windows users have great tolerance to being shit on. Sad

Don't speak for others, please

>It's like Microsoft is testing how much they can tool their users before they get angry.
A lot of companies and even governments do this. Gradual change that is balanced by some sweet parts to lower standards. Having a monopoly doesn't help.

my free as in freedom desktop doesn't have ads

It doesn't matter even if it takes two clicks to disable all of this shit; it shouldn't exist in the first place. You've already paid a premium for an operating system, and the fucking start menu pops up with countless advertisements. You would think that pricing their bug-ridden bloatware for 100 USD and the unrelenting spyware running in the background would be enough, nope.

Attached: 1529426289760.jpg (402x401, 45K)

I mean, if Linux wasn't an unusable piece of shit for desktop, then we wouldn't have this problem.

icons are just bloat
dmenu is the most you need for launch programs

strange

Attached: file.png (322x670, 227K)

>nvidia
>geforce experience
>chrome
>discord
>steam
I don't think you to have a say at all.

SEETHING

Don't worry, my other machine is a W500 running Debian, though I haven't booted it up in like 6 months

This reasserts that Windows users are truly blind monkeys whacking away at their "battlestation" wondering how to overclock their CPU to 7.0ghz. There's no point arguing with one in the wild; it'll ultimately to devolve to them being in denial.

Attached: 1537392498782.png (1920x1080, 509K)

Th-thanks ... it looks so slim and cleaned up ... I'm sure my PC will run much faster now ...

dmenu requires active brain cells to remember the program names, so it will never be popular

Does the professional version do this shit too?
I hope not, otherwise you've been ripped off.

That said, I wish I could modify my desktop environment more easily. Home version is cancer.

I don't get why they don't make the default set up similar to this anyway. It just looks better. Clearly MS doesn't watch grand designs.

You can disable most visual and program bloat by changing a few settings, uninstalling a few programs and entering a few commands in powershell terminal. Its not as hard as people make it out to be.

>It's like Microsoft is testing how much they can tool their users before they get angry.
Except even the average joe is having issues with it now. It keeps fucking with people's shit and pestering users to use useless programs every update. Ads should stay in internet browsers (and app stores I guess...), not your fucking start menu. It makes the product feel impersonal and tacky.

The pro version is the same, but with more apps built in, like bitlocker
Yes, you've been ripped off

I never understood what the point of adding that shit actually is, and does anyone AT ALL even click on those. Even worse, why is the lock screen on a regular PC still a swipe screen that you must push upwards

>You can disable most visual and program bloat by changing a few settings
No you can not. It's fucking impossible to make sure of settings on Win10 because they have the settings menu say one thing, and the actual policy of the computer (found on a "deeper" level) say another thing. It has to be fixed, I bet IT in all companies struggle with this problem.

Are you sure? i removed a couple of "unremovable" programs through powershell e.g: Store. I uninstalled Skype normally and was able to disable a couple of services I didn't want to.
What am I missing?

Xfce whisker menu is better

I've got home and it's very hard to use when you want to modify the desktop environment in any way. I've found many "solutions" to my problems that require the pro version. I'm considering never bothering with windows again if it's going to whip you into buying it's more expensive product for simple basic shit.

Try modifying the individual policies without that though. You can never be too sure what policies are currently running on your computer.
I swear win 7 never had that problem with the home version (maybe I'm just getting deeper into the software more than I used to).

Uninstall "app updater" app and these shit (probably) won't come back
Windows 10 would be by far the best Windows OS on an SSD if the defaults weren't so fucking awful but once you turn off most bad features it ain't bad
>I still prefer Linux

They'll be installed back again and the services enabled again eventually

>xfce
I dont use DEs anymore, so rofi it is.

YOU WORK HARD
YOU PLAY HARD

MICROSOFT®

I nearly agree with that. I think the add ons are holding back windows 10.
But, I'm starting to suspect the issues go even deeper and may need some tweeking on a lower level.

Basically this

W10 is the best OS out there but you must uninstall all the bloat, manually edit all the settings and then run Blackbird just in case

Also disable consumer experience or some shit group policy option and turn off any mention of app suggestions in settings
ghacks.net/2016/03/02/turn-off-microsoft-consumer-experience/
And finally if an OS makes you mad stop using, it ain't worth getting angry towards something as trivial as an OS

Doesn't look FRESH to me

You also need to be a hacker that can tell when someone is creeping through the backdoor.

>Tap on the Windows-key on the computer keyboard, type gpedit.msc and hit enter.
Why have I been unable to do this since like 2 updates ago? I screwed with start's index locations, but I swear I could still find gpedit on there until recently.

Oh wait,
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cant-find-gpeditmsc/c3e2f937-3ff4-4c53-a4e3-a15dad53fb3f
>need windows 10 pro

Cortana is pajeet-tier code and it will unironically appear if you try a second or third time. Just keep restarting it and typing gpedit until it appears

Works fine on my computer

Attached: 1258425.jpg (818x829, 117K)

You always needed Pro for gpedit

*hides behind Win7*

God damn it, Jow Forums, I didn't ask for this future!

Attached: SCARED.jpg (640x427, 54K)

yikes

Attached: Doug.jpg (1144x1716, 190K)

You can make it through regedit too, the original article describes it

Based, how did you find the original minesweeper?
>tfw it's easier to run windows space cadet pinball, minesweeper and other old windows games on wine on linux than on modern windows
>tfw old games on windows have subtle bugs while wine runs perfectly
Microsoft is trash

That's because Wine is made to run those things while the latest Windows doesn't support older software.

Don't speak for others, please

>Based, how did you find the original minesweeper?

Attached: ClassicGames.png (514x405, 80K)

Same except your language settings seem to be fucked.
Thing that pisses me off about the start menu is that adding one icon to the quick launch or whatever the fuck that is called expands it by so much.

Attached: explorer-2019-01-28_15-54-17.png (444x642, 94K)

>Same except your language settings seem to be fucked.
???

You didn't with fucking windows 7.
And I swear I used it once already on 10. They've definitely changed something in the updates for money reasons. It's disgusting what they are becoming.

It's displaying stuff in French for some reason.

>regedit
Which is like diving head first into a sea of vipers if you fuck it up. Gpedit was simpler.

>expands it by so much.
right click > resize

There's still all this wasted space and I can't seem to make it smaller, only bigger.

Attached: 1520818066468.png (636x639, 76K)

Just resize it..

I've also noticed that admin privileges seem to mean nothing in windows 10. You simply cannot do what you want your computer to do.
I have had it and I am now considering switching to linux just for the ability to use my computer. It's nonsense windows. Absolute nonsense.

>You simply cannot do what you want your computer to do.
The GUI will cockblock you, you have to use the CLI.

I would if they fucking let me :D

Attached: 1543173612017.webm (1360x610, 1.08M)

remove your gay weeaboo shortcut, then resize it

I swear the GUI wasn't this much of a dominatrix on 7 though.

Why are you doing this to yourself? Hide the "all programs" list and pin all the programs you frequently use on it in small size. Pic related, my setup.

Attached: 1521551036470.png (414x439, 42K)

How about you actually act like the power user you pretend to be and strip it out of the ISO before you install it?
I'm sick of you retarded pseuds pretending you're too smart for shit like Windows when clearly you aren't.

That doesn't solve the problem of it being expanded too much by having 1 shortcut there.

Probably should do that, I run most programs by just typing their name anyways, too used to dmenu I guess.

>I'm sick of you retarded pseuds pretending you're too smart for shit like Windows when clearly you aren't.
I'm sick of windows treating people like idiots like they do with macintosh. The freedom to modify your interface and policies was the one selling point MS had over mac. I remember I used to be able to do more on 7 than most users on linux.. I don't think I can do that with 10.

That's Windows
Using Windows and complaining about being cockblocked is like going to a USC party with spiked drinks and complaining that you got gangbanged

Attached: istockphoto-514181261-1024x1024.jpg (964x1024, 129K)

>Using Windows and complaining about being cockblocked is like going to a USC party with spiked drinks and complaining that you got gangbanged
Except it used to be nothing like that. That's my point. In the last few months they've tightened a chastity cage on your cock.

Windows 10 comes with adorable dragons too!?

Attached: Mascot_konqi.png (2082x3470, 646K)

Yes. If you have an AD server and push shit down through group policy. And even then you can't disable all the bullshit.

LTSC, retard.

>I used to be able to do more on 7 than most users on linux.
Yeah but that isn't true, is it?

If you don't know how to strip bloat out of a Windows os ISO then you're being treated exactly like you deserve.

I've found this to be true,as well. Not only that, it seems as though every other update randomly changes policies. Basically, you have to watch this shit like a hawk.Really makes me regret all of the bad things I said about previous versions of Windows.

Why not? It's not like KDE isn't a welfare version of Windows 10.

You can enable group policy on a single computer dummy. Just have Pro instead of Home.

Yeah these solutions that require the pro versions are really not worth it, i have the pro version but I really regret every spending for this shit

>Rainbow Dash profile pic
PĂ©dale

>Start menu has to be a certain size even if it ends up just being blank space

Fucking cancer.

Attached: f50.jpg (794x794, 184K)

>triggered

this is actually what the new one looks like by default

Attached: new-start-menu-laytout-18305.jpg (728x750, 81K)

At least I'm not a faggot :^)

The kind of shit that's making me want to seriously consider going from 7 to linux but there's some of it's own issues with that. God damn we are in such a shitty situation.

No competition will make you that, what did you expect?

Absolutely disgusting.

What are self-employed people supposed to buy? None of that crap belongs on a work computer. It is very unprofessional.

There IS competition. They're just worse.

You don't even need Pro. All those GPs? A pretty front end for registry entries, that can be appled to, and work just as well on, Home.
Check out C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\*.admx, which is present right down to embedded versions of Windows.

>all those faggots ITT unironically being logged into their profiles

god fucking damnit Jow Forums

....what?

that looks like legitimate ass

>t. seething loonixjeet

good enough for me since ryzen's fucky with win7

Attached: start.png (665x908, 164K)