Convince me NOT to buy the best laptop ever made
>no fan
>massive battery
>10+ hours of battery life
>powerful enough for books, shitposting and emulators
>can upgrade the EMMC and add a big microsd for storage
>CHARGES OFF A FUCKING POWERBANK
>CHARGES OFF A SOLAR MAT
>11 inch model is cute and has a nice IPS display, better than most thinkshits can ever hope for

Attached: watch?v=x3AZaSvdrVI-01-28-19-02.png (1280x720, 1.13M)

what computer is this?

pinebook
100 bucks for a cute little arm netbook with an ips display

Attached: watch?v=tJOc2ZbRB_0-01-28-19-01.png (1280x720, 918K)

Pinebook, I have one. Nice toy, slowly getting good mainline support but keyboard is a piece of shit

post pics pls
what size display did you get and what OS are you running on it?

interesting
it looks like a plastic clone of a macbook air

How does it work with office suites like Libre Office? Or web browsing? It could be a nice little thing for mobile work for me, especially with the neat battery life - and I reckon one can extend it even more with a simple standard power bank?

One thing I'm gravely concerned about, though, is the amount of RAM. 2GiB really doesn't do it nowadays with how heavy webpages are, or even said Libre Office...

I think you should pull the trigger. I bought a Macbook Pro in 2015 cuz I thought it was better to just have one powerful laptop. Fuck that shit. When I upgrade I'm just gonna buy a Pinebook and have a nice tower at home and just ssh when needed. Buy this thang user

if you're running debian or arch with a WM and limit your tabs 2 gigs should be fine. I wish it was 4 but this thing is 100 bucks after all.
libreoffice seems to run fine on Pis and this thing (Pine64) is about as strong as a Pi 3 so there should be no problem with normal sized documents.
Otherwise it would probably make a killer on the go latex machine. Like you download all your books, sources etc and go off the grid for a while with the long ass batter life.

>Like you download all your books, sources etc and go off the grid for a while with the long ass batter life.
Yeah that's what I'd like, just drive to the beach and sit there whole day with the thing. Or the mountains, basically wherever the fuck I want and still be able to work without any problem.

But the 2GiB concern remains - I had a HP nc6400 with Mint Xfce - which already is really lightweight - and I remember really struggling with it. Now factor in a weaker CPU aswell and it's looking pretty bleak. I guess it's not for me after all.

All I mean to say it should have an option for more RAM, just like it does for a bigger screen. More than 2 gigs isn't too much to ask for in AD 2019

Goybook

It doesn't
I know fagbook is so plain you can find it similar to anything, but calm down.

Currently I'm travelling, I only took my thinkpad with me. Most of the time I used default KDE Neon with a chink BSP kernel. It was stable, but a little laggy. I installed there a small Latex editor and used it for writing my bachelors thesis. 11 inches model is very small and lightweight, so I could always carry it at university.

Now I'm playing with mainlined armbian, but I have no time to setup it properly... It's a cute, small device. Cool to play around with it. But IMO it cannot replace you a proper x86 machine. Its more like a standalone raspberry pi laptop.

Nice, I'd use it Sonshi style with a Thinkpad USB keyboard tho

this is apperently off a solar mat
god i wanna go innawoods and leave the botnet so bad

Attached: watch?v=tJOc2ZbRB_0-01-28-19-03.png (1280x720, 913K)

how were the latex compilation times?
also what a mad lad, running KDE on arm
I agree, but you also have to realize that once you leave modern jewish browsers behind it's kinda hard to fill even a gig of ram while doing stuff

Just buy a cheap z20t-b off ebay. It's much better.

"solar mat" is a very vague term though.

Are they breaking their own rule 3?

Retarded question.
Would be possible to hook up a second baterry? If proper bottom case modifications where to be made.

a new Chromebook with 10 hour battery and 4gb ram and a celeron is $150 and probably has a better keyboard and trackpad too let alone x86 and not ARM. put lubuntu on it and you have a very good computer to ssh or use alone.

Even for $99, that seems like shit. For $150 you could get a windows a 4gb HP stream and install your own flavor of Linux. Even better, you could probably score a used Thinkad with better specs for around that price.

can you power that with a hand crank though?

At way higher power usage. I think you're missing the point.

what is the point? it seems like a device with good battery life, but can't do anything.

I'd literally rather have a Chromebook

>those specs
why bother if my s4 is faster?

It's a standard 10'x12' mat you put on your roof to power your portable armbook

When you can get a thinkpad for less than $100 with a much more capable processor, better keyboard & pointing device, and better io? I'll stick to muh memepad.

>OUT OF STOCK
FUCK YOU, YOU GOT ME HYPED

That is glorified tablet.
Needs more skookum keyboard, screen, case.

there were so many "innovative laptops with a twist" that failed past few years that Jow Forums should be smarter than to give any replies to this thread.

It's as locked down as arm tablets, isn't it?
Picking between few precompiled linux distros is still worse than a fully working celeron n4200 chinkbook for the same money. Also just the photo makes it look like a slightly modified chinkbook.

this

It is a nice machine i would personally wait until the company makes a new sbc. As an upgrade. Plus i do have a desktop to upgrade so that gets second place in order of importance.

>can upgrade the EMMC
Hol up
Modular like the Switch or what?

> Picking between few precompiled linux distros is still worse than a fully working celeron n4200 chinkbook for the same money
I know it uses a fairly popular sbc so it probably has mainline kernel support.
I would like to open one up and move everything to an empty x60 chassis

Didn't realise the Pinebook was 11" and cheap, I've been looking for a Smol as contingency once my macbook dies.
I had my hopes set on the new Lapdock

Just so you know dont expect high performance on that thing. Sure emulated old games are fine but do not expectvideo production (or good framerates on youtube without the use of external applications)

>probably arm

may I ask what kind of uncucked browsers youre talking about?
Stuff like qutebrowser?

You can buy chinks laptop with Celeron in similar case.
Keyboard is shit there I'd say. Touchpad is OK tho.

Looks cute desu. Might just end up buying one in the future. A backup device that can charge off simple shit seems handy.

If USB-PD, then yes.

...Apparently not. If your crank puts out 12v, then yes, at least you could slowly charge it (if off), otherwise prevent it from discharging so quick.

>ARM

Attached: puke.png (680x680, 687K)

>(or good framerates on youtube without the use of external applications)
It has hardware decoder support on chip though. Any hardware accelerated browser will run YouTube fine even at 1080p, every review claims that too.

This would be a good device if you're the type who has a remote machine doing the heavy lifting and need something mobile to act as a client/UI to the main machine. Couldn't rely on the pinebook itself to accomplish much serious work.

I wonder ,the company also sells a rock based board that is much more powerful 4K capable. Could i shove it in the chassis and get a better performance.

I use a first gen Vaio P, I don't expect or need much, but the battery's in my Vaio P are so shot I hardly get 30 minutes use out of it.
Something that can sit at a terminal for 10+ hours, and fully charge from being plugged into my car's USB power boards in an hour of driving would be perfect.

No i mean i just checked a video and it says that it works ok but it is not perfect.
I got my pentium M laptop to play 480p videos from youtube using smplayer so that would probably be a better option.

You don't get it, the external player thing on slow computer is used because no hardware decoder support, so they can use better software decoders.
If you have hardware decoder support, it's no problem. People use those cheap 39 USD HDMI Android sticks behind their TVs to play 4k without problems off YouTube thanks to that. Same with this.

From what i see in wikipedia it used those older awful atoms.
Well user i am pretty sure you will have a much better experience with thr pinebook(though the company also sells a 4k capable sbc and i wonder if you can change it in the laptop)

They weren't that bad, I've found that the main problems with the atoms was they usually came with 1GB RAM, and so everything always swapped to disk.
This was with late-ide early-sata disks.
Put an SSD in and they're on the same level of responsiveness as an i5 laptop.

I know mostly anything will be a step down from my Macbook Air, but given I'm fine on an old atom in the Vaio's, I doubt it'd matter much.

I am sure but i'll take your word for it.
So far all i've had to deal with is awful eeepc laptops that i had to repair and i have developed a hatered for netbooks.
I swear there is no way of taking the keyboard out on those things without it bending and fucking up.

Browsers on Linux have dodgy hardware acceleration support. Firefox only supports OMAP, Chromium needs patches.

MPV supports basically every hardware acceleration API in addition to having better software decoders.

>uch serious work.
define srs work

How come there aren't board-less laptop cases (screen+keyboard+peripherals) so you can just plug your favourite sbc in and tune it yourself?

I guess there isn't much market for it, SBCs are fine and dandy for fucking around but most want a laptop that just werks.

basic laptops are so fucking expensive

>emulators
>Doubt.png
Not without some major lag, I would think.

Refurb is the way to go

I just want something that can be powered off the grid.
look at pine64 (it's the sbc in it) videos on youtube. It does everything up to snes and some PS1 well.

Why the fuck does Jow Forums always fucking endorse this weal, completely impractical, piece of shit computing devices like this?

Dragonbox Pyra
Pinebox
Ubuntu OS
Librem 5
neo900
EOMA68
OpenMoko
Pocket CHIP
gta04

All these fucking stupid, usless toys that Jow Forums jacks themselves off about when they are first announced because "OH MY FUCKING GOD, IT'S OPEN SOURCE AND MODULAR AND RUN LINUX AND NOT BY GOOGLE" with total garbage specs and absolutely no practical use, that do nothing that a fucking thinkpad with KDE can't do way fucking better with substantially more use, which then come out, or don't come out in the case of the neo900 and Pyra, are completely garbage and are forgotten till the next flavor of the month glorified toy hits indiegogo.

>Ubuntu phone*

Quiet frankly all Linux phone OS, Sailfish, Jolla, Ubuntu phone.

All fucking garbage that no one gives a fuck about or are dead.

I just want a 5W computer you fuck

>arm
in the trash it goes

Intriguing, but the question is: how well does it play anime

can't run windows.

It looks like a direct clone of the old white plastic MacBook tho

Attached: 2009-10-20macbookreviewhero.jpg (600x400, 292K)

The chicklet keyboard and 1366x768 screen are both shit.

>Q4OS
Nice.

Except you're wrong and it probably can, since there's a Windows 10 ARM port. A Raspberry Pi can run Windows.

My t470s charges off a powerbank

It isn't the best

Attached: IMG_20181023_171853.jpg (5312x2988, 1.02M)

Allow me to explain exactly why.
>760g
>1000nit display
>of course IPS
>10 inch 1920x1200
>core m
>fan
>powerful enough for anything
>10+ hours battery life
>can upgrade M.2 sata ssd
>charges off what the fuck I want it to charge off

yeah its based and other than a shit keyboard, probably bad "alternative" OS support and I doubt it can be upgradeable I think the lets note is a perfect laptop.
why the pinebook appeals to me is just a return to form. all I want is a screen, long battery life and the ability to run a text editor, music play and document reader.
I actually like that it can't run the modern internet well. Fuck it, if you can't serve information through basic HTML it's not worth being out there. (I say this as I'm on a javascript and botnet ladden site I know)

itt

Attached: rage netbook.png (1063x751, 841K)

I had one of those ASUS. Piece of shit, fan is loud, shit is slow, battery is short.

Is it wrong that I just want to run android on one of these?

I can't. It's cheap, good enuff to be a daily, and isn't a heavy piece of shit like a hundred dollar thinkpad or a piece of shit I have to root and fuck with to make it non-cancer like a chromebook.

>ARM
No thanks

I remember those netbooks. Bad times.

what's wrong with arm? Is it the chinks?

test

its ass

If one of these can ever run youtube well I'd be super behind it

but right now I got my old hp stream 13 which seems just as good

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 8K)

god i wish they would make a stream 11 with an m.2 instead of shitty emmc. Id happily pay the 20 dollar difference. it could come empty I dont care

>Rockchip
It's bad enough that it's ARM but it's also one designed by retards.

>too young to remember how macs used to look
No, it's definitely a clone.

and what would that computer be fucktard? I want one

1080p runs butter smooth. Streaming not so much

It's just a run of the mill ARM SBC with a somewhat competently designed laptop conversion enclosure.

Learn to use google next time mongoloid.
Its a Panasonic lets note. The image doesn't show its thickness, its the Japanese thinkpad equivalent.

I'll take that netbook any day over a fagbook, i'll slap on a riced windows xp and it will still run faster than most shit out there for basic faggotry like music, gifs, flvs old school gaymen, etc.

>round trackpad
>trash keyboard

How many mAh there on 6 cell thinkpad battery?

>out of stock ALL the time

you literally can't buy one. there, convinced.
idiot.

Lmfao what a piece of garbage. Were you serious, OP?

Exactly. OP is a schizo