Why aren't you using vertical monitors exclusively?

Why aren't you using vertical monitors exclusively?
You don't play childish video games, do you?

Attached: 1542201571915.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

Or watching video. The only acceptable hobby outside of projects is reading manga.

But I do. I just keep them in that position most of the time.

I need a landscape monitor to watch my cute anime girls.
I do have a portrait monitor next to it, though.

no,
i just watch chinese cartoons.

I don't want to move my head to see the top, I have a huge monitor.

The human field of view is inherently wide. Note he has three screens just to cope.

At that point why not just get 30 to 40 inch monitor, that just looks retarded

This. My portrait display is 4:5 because that's the patrician ratio. I thought that sqrt(2):1 would be near the perfect ratio but this display actually fits perfectly into my setup.

For ergonomic reasons. Viewing angle should be below your eyes so vertical 24' are too tall for full workday. 15-17 inch displays can be oriented this way though. Smaller than that are unusable everywhere but laptops that sit in your lap.

1 ultrawide can do what the 3 monitors are doing in that pic. absolutely retarded poser shit this vertical nonsense.

Why aren't you using horizontal monitors exclusively?
You don't read chinese cartoons for virgins, do you?

but user, video games were vertical all along!

Attached: 118124214342.png (224x288, 3K)

8:5 the only acceptable ratio

My monitor has dogshit viewing angles.

Why would I waste my money on 3 shitty vertical-capable monitors when my 40" 4k monitor is better? Fuck off back to

>Manga
Child detected. Please consider reading classic literature or philosophical texts instead, brainlet.

I might actually buy two monitors to use in this config, perhaps three.

It would mainly be for running audio production software whereby a high resolution multi display solution would be functionally useful, im currently using a 32inch 4k, not sure what would be a good size though?

3x24inch or 22inch 1440p displays?

2x 27 4ks?

but I do.

Attached: 1525525322225.jpg (705x435, 99K)

What res and size are these bro?

because i just use a big ass 4k one instead and use the same layout as in the pic.
when you discover multiple monitors after being a single monitor

How do you drive them? I have 4 monitors, but getting a fifth one is difficult since I only have 4 ports on my gpu

It's actually not my setup

Attached: 1546905582485.jpg (2556x1536, 308K)

Because I hate IPS and VA and TN aren't usable that way

Buy a splitter or daisychain it.

i mount and stack horizontal displays to make a vertical orientation field

I feel like I'm not ready to make the step to read 5 dojins at the same time

>Why aren't you using vertical monitors exclusively?
I am
>You don't play childish video games, do you?
How did you know

Attached: 00.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

this

Because I'm afraid I'll snap my neck trying to do so.

Attached: up.jpg (770x578, 89K)

Muh.

Give it back, Jamal.
On another note, what is that silver device with the antennas and USB ports on the bottom left of the monitor.

Why are you shitposting on Jow Forums?
You don't have down syndrome, do you?

Go back to /lit/ you pretentious midwit faggot.

That's his computer.

Pocket size, I see. Can't trust a nigger around anything that's not bolted down.

Dude has three fuckin' monitors all next to each other. What's the point? It's basically three workspaces stretched across an ultrawide, with ugly physical dividers.

Also, I have kids and go on the road all the time, so I'm a laptopfag anyway.

He looks happy!

i want to know why everything didn't end up as vector graphics .. looked great

the ratio determined by NASA researchers to be the field of vision of peak visual acuity - √2:1 - is not "wide", you retarded motherfucker.

peripheral vision is not acute.
not remotely.
peripheral vision is sensitive only to contrast (difference between large light and dark areas) and to motion (because evolutionarily, your ancestors had to be wary of predators stalking and pouncing on them)

part of the reason the visual field of humans is so "small" is the importance of depth perception.
accordingly, you are only able to have depth perception in the region where the objects visible to both eyes overlap.
humans adapted for depth perception rather than 360° peripheral vision.

> Why aren't you using vertical monitors exclusively?
> You don't play childish video games, do you?
nope, only vsrgs for me

Attached: 46a.png (645x729, 91K)

I need vertical for browsing and horizontal for watching. Might as well go back to 1:1 standard.

It's thin client, that means that his desktop is virtualized. Wyse is the thin client for vmware solutions

Attached: whenyourdadisbeatingyouforeatinghispain34927614.png (500x486, 125K)

wassup with /g and their attitude to games
55yo guy across my street taught me all about computers and internet back in 90's and he still plays games daily

it's there just for a pic man, let animals have some fun too jeez

It's just an overreaction to terrible threads made by /v/ crossboarders daily
>AYYYMD SHINTEL NVIDIOT HOUSEIFIRE BTFO
>*posts video game benchmarks*

I use 2 vert and 1 horiz
H-V-V

I use a 1:1 monitor like an ACTUAL employed person would.

Attached: squared.jpg (600x399, 36K)

because you can change, switch and move monitors around according to your needs, when with a shitty 40'' monitor you're stuck with a monolithic beast
plus, if any of them malfunctions, it's much cheaper to simply replace one of the three rather than one bigass expensive monitor