Housefires, woodscrews, 3.5GB, RTX promises, now failing memory

Housefires, woodscrews, 3.5GB, RTX promises, now failing memory.
They can't keep getting away with this!

youtube.com/watch?v=t5memuI5WD4

Attached: notvalid.jpg (649x466, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/gaming/280654-nvidia-confirms-some-rtx-2080-ti-gpus-are-defective-promises-remedy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Tech YES Amdshill
Kys

that's what you get for paying double the price for something that barely competes with a 1080TI.

>t. navi will save us honest

The damage control team in full force.

Damn gaymers buying these overpriced pos and drive up GPU prices over generations

Tumbling stock prices.

Remember when you could get a "enthusiast" grade GPU for 500 bucks? (Even when account for inflation)

Attached: 0.jpg (902x920, 523K)

yeah even those meme dual GPU cards
damn I'm glad AMD exists

Remember when minimum wage was 7 and not 15?

Attached: nutnbetter.jpg (747x996, 136K)

Serious incident at TSMC factory: production stopped, over 10,000 plates discarded.

Alarming news comes from Taiwan. The largest contract manufacturer of semiconductors, the company TSMC faced a serious accident at one of its advanced factories, as a result of which more than ten thousand semiconductor wafers were damaged, and the production line was stopped.
Problems arose today at the Fab14B factory, which is located in the Nan-Ke Technology Park, located in the city of Tainan in the southwestern part of Taiwan. Due to the use of low-quality chemical raw materials, which was imported by one of the suppliers, the entire production process was disrupted, which ultimately resulted in large-scale damage to the semiconductor wafers. Experts do not undertake to assess the exact damage, but it is already clear that more than 10 thousand 300-mm plates will have to be written off for scrap. In addition, the problematic production lines on which chips were manufactured according to technological processes with the norms of 12 and 16 nm were completely stopped.

Attached: Ebin64x2.jpg (970x545, 298K)

aplle-tier products, more marketing, less h/w.
Do you remember when novidia came last to every innovation?
>inb4 ray tracing
that's what I am talking about, more marketing makes the idiots believe that half-backed h/w with 20 yo algorithms is innovation.
>inb4 dlss
not a feature.

Obligatory:
>It must be stock manipulation

remember when inflation was lower ?

Learn to read.

[spoiler]Then why are AMD flagship GPUs still much cheaper, like they have always been? [/spoiler]

Nvidia wrote fucken CUDA. AMD has not finished his CUDA alternative yet and suffers humilation from Nvidia.

Weren't Vega GPUs a thousand plus dollars, and they were only good at playing console tier games?

AMD has no need for a CUDA alternative, they just straight rip CUDA out and turn it in to C so anyone can use it.

They as in amd doesn't, so only cuda is widespread while amd remains useless.
Humiliating.

MSRP? Nope.

>they were only good at playing console tier games?
Explains why even a Vega 56 equals or beats a non-Ti 1080 while being mostly 250 bucks cheaper by average, new. Oh wait.

Attached: 1548546142300.png (460x460, 131K)

don't post if you are a retard

Vulkan compute (and Vulkan in general) and OpenCL, one which is directly a result of AMD and other which AMD put far more help into than Nvidia.
All free technologies AMD introduces, like FreeSync, Nvidia adops, lessening Nvidia's dominance on the market further. We already have Cuda to OpenCL.

Lying faggots. Vega Fe was $1000.00 card, and no it's not a workstation card.

>Open CL
>Vulcan compute
So amd doesn't have anything that's as good as cuda. Humiliating.

It's definitely as good and better in some fields. Paid off market does not actually account for the quality of an API you know, something which Nvidia actually does, by giving free help with CUDA development for software developers.
While all AMD technologies and open source and free to use for anyone who wants.

Forgot to mention, AMD cards are *STILL* more efficient in compute per watt than anything Nvidia has.

It was a $999 card, marketed under the PRO lineup, which IS a workstation card. No way around it, buddy.
Vega 56 and 64 were 399 and 499 USD at launch.

Glow in the dark amdniggers are easily spotted.
AMD dies not have anything as good, or as well adopted as cuda, and this is why amd suffers humiliation from nvidia.

It was their "producer" line up, because they wanted to charge $1000/$1500 for a gaming card. Also it didn't have cuda, so it was worthless. Humiliating.

>Prosumer

You're literally too dumb to read posts, why are fanboys always this delusional?

t. glowinthedarkamdstreetshitter

>preferring open source technologies and better bang for the buck means you're a fanboy

Attached: 1548598275892.jpg (700x700, 87K)

>thread about how shit nvidia is, is full of posts of nvidia tards defending nvidia

Attached: 1548016194010.jpg (400x346, 19K)

Remember kids, never buy cards with disabled cores!
The RTX 2070 and RTX Titan are the only current nvidia GPU's that have their full core count activated.
Don't buy another GTX 970.

It just means that you're a hikkineet, and this was probably one of your first Jow Forums posts.

>causing bee-sods
>complaining about a GPU he got from some no-name channel partner (probably for YoutubeBux)

This doesn't belong on Jow Forums.

Last time i developed on a complex opencl project Intel and nvidia compiled the kernel under one second and worked fine, amd needed various MINUTES to do the same and worked like ass.

I know it's better now but it's too late, any serious project has been already established on cuda and most are not going to go back, This is AMDs fault for having a faulty compiler and not fixing it on time.

>projecting this hard
I wasn't even the original poster

So? Amd had fucked out memory on 290 series when it came out

>galax

This is relevant or an argument, how exactly? Where did you see OP mention AMD?
>Nvidia keeps fucking up, sometimes on purpose, but it's okay because AMD has too!

I want to see a Nvidia fanboy in court. I wonder if they actually are this dumb.
>So you're here because of the murder of X, how do you plead?
>Not guilty!!! You see, Charles Manson murdered people too and many others also, so that's no problem.
I wonder if that's the excuse that one Nvidia fanboy years ago used when he murdered his "friend" who bought an AMD GPU.

I'm sure they will RMA them.

what a great excuse

No. It's just not that big a deal really. All gpu manufacturers have faulty products. What we should be asking is if they're disproportionately problematic.

Why doesn't AMD fuck up as bad and as often?

>Sell premium equipment for premium price
>Cheap out on memory to make maximum profit for already a product that's 900% profit
>Oh no the memory failed before warranty, I guess we will refund them and we can make the profits for this loss with the next cheapout

I don't know. Do we have stats on that? I'd be interested in reading them.
Anything else is just fanboys wanking in public.

OP provided quite a few that are easily backed with proof. Please post some about AMD GPUs then.
You know, the "burden of proof" and all that, that's how the system works.

Nothing better than to start the day off with poorfag obsessed screeching and coping.

Attached: received_544699869370048.png (642x573, 68K)

Based. We need to cleanse NoVidia from the jewish genes.

Kek

Attached: 1.jpg (288x111, 29K)

What are you talking about?
>op provided quite a few that are easily backed with proof
Yes. Claims were made. That could be backed with something. But the only thing reassembling proof is a video providing one user's personal experience when we're looking for statistics.
>post some about AMD GPUs then
I don't have a collection of videos of people with broken AMD cards. Because I don't look for this stuff. I'm not an autist. I'm asking somebody to provide statistical evidence of device failures being more prominent in one company over the other.

You seem to assume I'm some primitive GPU tribal like you. I'm not. I'm saying your struggle is worthless unless it's backed by truth.
>burden of proof is now on you because this one guy told me his card failed
If that's actually how the world worked we'd be in complete chaos. Anyone's personal experience would have to be reality at once.

>But the only thing reassembling proof is a video providing one user's personal experience when we're looking for statistics.
Nvidia themselves acknowledged the problem. Are you retarded?

extremetech.com/gaming/280654-nvidia-confirms-some-rtx-2080-ti-gpus-are-defective-promises-remedy

I'm not even going to (You) you, I hope this is bait and not actually a highly retarded fanboy.

You're still a retarded newfaggot that got need on.

*memed

Remember when inflation was the best fetish?
Still is

You're still a retarded phoneposter who can't even proofread before getting AUTOCORRECT'D

>Some products are DOA

Wew who would have thought.

CUDA kills the amdfag.

Attached: 1546007721835.gif (500x350, 1.26M)

how is cuda relevant to gaming or mining though? you're seriously not expecting this board to care about anything else, do you?

It makes my waifus twice as big 10 times as fast

you really are an irredeemable voidbrain, aren't you

Yeah but the OpenCL version is apparently even faster.

Disregarding the absolutely absurd double price for less than 5% more performance to 2080Ti, novidia doesn't even sell in my country. Not only is the stupid t-rex locked into the ref. glued design with bajillion screws that makes cleaning fans near impossible, it's not even sold in my country. It's like novidia is doing their best to not sell a single t-rex, only to give them away to popular youtubers.

Only because AMD cards are better at compute

So what you're saying is that we shouldn't buy the Radeon VII, because it has four of its CUs disabled as well.

give me a single good reason why i should ever give a fuck about gpu bullshit

literally the last AAA game to come out that was even remotely worth playing was witcher 3

why the fuck would i spend a fortune on a modern gpu to play the latest ubishit an ea garbage?

but you can

Attached: AMD-Radeon-VII-graphics-card-2-900x506.jpg (900x506, 37K)

wow you're stupid

like, really stupid

the federally mandated minimum wage is still $7.25 an hour and NVidia, AMD, Intel, Samsung etc have very little infrastructure that would have either been affected by a proverbial wage increase or really anything in the US anyways. But of course we would listen to the advice of a middle aged white kid who's never worked in a field that his hand hasn't been held the whole way. Fuck off, your kind of cancer is the same kind of cancer that allows normalfags to continue to exist, go buy a Mac you faggot

Sauce, or is it only faster on your personal system?

Was talking about Nvidia though. Radeon 7 is probably going to be meh in terms of bang/buck, as in worse than Vega is now (Vega is pretty good though). Wait a year or so before buying.
I used to prefer Nvidia quite a lot because price, performance and generally better drives back in the days of ATI, pre-AMD purchase (except the Radeon 7500-9500).

you shouldnt be buying a radeon 7 because its literally left over yields from their compute line just thrown out so they can tell investors they're still in the game

Honestly the drivers for AMD weren't that bad. Recently Nvidia drivers have went to shit. I backed out of the Nvidia game after Fermi, and moved to a 7950 which lasted me years. Nice try Nvidia, but AMD MADE a fangirl out of me with that card.

But nvidia cards using cudnn is better at waifu2x than amd cards.

>oh wait
what a faggot

Attached: 1454391249740.jpg (306x306, 20K)

where is there a $500 radeon VII?

>waifu2x

Attached: tomsnvmerchant.png (500x500, 70K)

This damage control LOL

>that 2160mhz RAM

Absolutely seething

Attached: 1446873266786.png (808x805, 49K)

>woodscrews
You... you remember 1.7 yields?

AMD drivers were never that bad and they are even rather good now, at least compared to Nvidia.
I was talking about ATi drivers between the mid 2000's and before it was acquired by AMD.

8800 GT was $250 and it performed similarly to the 8800 GTX which was around $550. That was the golden age, when you could get a top-end card for dirt cheap.

>Vega 56 equals or beats a non-Ti 1080 while being mostly 250 bucks cheaper by average, new.
Never believed in the Fine Wine(TM) meme before, but having witnessed this myself, I can't argue anymore.

The other anons brought it up, and lied about amd's performance with it.
I just wanted sauce, because everything I found including phoronix claims that nvidia does waifu2x better.

Cuda kills the amd shill so much that amdfags just end up flat out lying.

>nvidia does waifu2x better.
Not in terms of performance per watt. Keep seething.

>people actually think that just because they are nvidia fankids, means everyone not liking their overpriced products is automatically an amd shill
Imagine behind this deluded
I'm not even going to bump this shitty thread though

A 1050 ti does waifu2x better than vega Fe. Does this hurt your feelings?

enjoy your artifacts faggot

Attached: 16826b066bb72775.webm (298x168, 331K)

>based nvidia ripping off gaymers by cutting corners to ensure their shareholders are salivated
The more you spend, the more you save.

Based 1050ti.

>the government prints more money than lost causing inflation
>its the peoples fault!

hell yeah bruther

You can't resist modded TES VI.

>The more you down the more you save
You don't understand this at all.
AMD forcing people to upgrade multiple CPUs is the "more you buy, the more you save" tactic. It seems like your saving money, but you are actually spending more.
>1800x
upgrade to
>2700x
When you could have just bought an i9 9900k once, and had better performance.

Just wait for navi bro