Is it a meme?

Attached: fedora.png (1200x630, 44K)

>CentOS for brainlets

>>CentOS for brainlets
ok let's see your CentOS setup faggot

>CentOS
literally RHEL for poorfags

CentOS is the best
Fedora is just an edgier version of Cent with the latest updates of everything and some additional media packs that don't come with Cent.

Literally UNIX for newfags

>not paying 299$ annually for a RHEL Workstation with standard support to immediately have red hat fix your bugs
lol poorfags

RHEL/centos is like Debian Stable. Only gets updated every few years.
Fedora seems more like Ubuntu in terms of release frequency. It gets updates much more frequently.

CentOS is the modern man Slackware.
Best OS, though I use Fedora for the battery life of the newer kernel.
If I compiled my own kernel on CentOS I would have to manually monitor security upgrades.

except Debian is CentOS for brainlets and Ubuntu is Fedora for brainlets

It was my first attempt at leaving windows. It seemed like a nice brainlet OS. Except that I had a shitload of issues with it and had to move on

OpenSUSE > Debian > Ubuntu > shit > RHEL/Fedora/CentOS

Prove me wrong

Why do you say that?

The other way around.

CentOS is the brainlet distro. Fedora is for the people who can handle a "new" package manager like dnf with only the man page and 10 articles, rather than 1000, and who won't collapse in a sobbing mess if a package isn't fully tested yet and gives an error at some point.

>who won't collapse in a sobbing mess if a package isn't fully tested yet and gives an error at some point.
You do realize he might be sobbing not because he doesn't know how to handle troubleshooting, but because it's for a company server that needs long, uninterrupted uptimes and he might get fired for having suggested and used a distro that is even slightly unreliable,
right?

Yes.

Attached: 209126_105817879505305_2777874_o.jpg (1363x2048, 320K)

It's an okay distro.
Imagine using garbage like Debian

It must be that. And CentOS will help. Oh wait, it won't, it's just babby server admin's placebo.

If you're dealing with this and can't even implement automatic failure handling with watchdogs and externally monitored containers or such, I guess you just want RedHat with a support contract so you can blame them.

There are not like Debian Stable. They get updated more often.

I always thought it's the exact opposite.
SUSE is the lowest of the garbage, doesn't offer anything compared to Ubuntu or RHEL

Now search for an EOL table for CentOS and Debian.

yes
use *buntu

Anything not ending in *ntoo is a meme

Having used a bunch of distros from the late 90s, it was the distro that got me to stop hopping around and the one I've used the longest. I can install it and it just works. Then I can get on with running my business.

Same. A lot of Mac fags love it cause of muh uniformity and simplicity, but it's the furthest thing from "just working."

Unpaid Beta test for RHEL

M'distro

Yes. Install Debian.

I'm switching from win 8.1 and partly Xubuntu 16.4 to a modern system.

Most likely to Fedora since I also want to play CS:GO easily.
Which DE do you suggest?
Plasma, Gnome, is XFCE too outdated?

fedora with rpmfusion should do the trick, any DE is ok. I use dwm for the autism and disable some services for battery. The one who works better out of the box is gnome. KDE is more heavy than gnome despite what people tell you, you can try yourself. I always go from a minimal install to gnome even though I tried all DEs and WM. OpenBox is comfy too.

Yes. Install Gentoo.

ok thanks!
will try the gnome version.
The only funky thing may be that I have 2 different monitors
1080p 40Hz and 1440p 144Hz
I hope that will work flawless.

blue is more pleasant to the eye than shit brown and orange, so i'm probably switching to it from ubuntu soon. Also if I take the gnome-pill i might as well take it from the source.

don't use fedora if you got an nvidia card

Fedora + RPMFusion is literally perfect.

Why not? Works fine for me.

He uses gheyland, that's why

Suse is shit, the only distro so far refusing to install on my laptop.

this

This.
Fedora isn't talked about much here, because it's not a meme.

Attached: 2019-01-28_12-01-24.png (1920x1080, 178K)

It is by far the best distro I have used, but it has become buggier lately. I used to do dnf update and be assured that nothing would break, now I'm not so confident.

good choice

but not best choice.
CentOS ftw!

I run it as my main. Some programs are lacking and GNOME has some issues with a second vertical monitor.

WHEN WILL KDE UPGRADE TO WAYLAND ALREADY?

>Slackware based garbage
I wound choose a Gentoo variant before ever touching anything based off Slackware.

>WAYLAND
I've got a 3x4k monitor setup and last time I tried GNOME+Wayland it just crashed when I tried to setup my monitors. Just couldn't do it. Xorg/XFCE works just fine.

This doesn't really say that much about Wayland vs Xorg but for my use Wayland's just not an alternative until basic things like that works.

I'm sticking with ayyyymd.
Not gonna support customer fooling on such a scale.

>kde is heavy meme

Kde is my main and I can sincerely vouch it isn’t heavy. Albeit I’ve ran into some stupid issues but I can’t tell if it’s a kde issue or nvidia issue.

Wayland is pretty solid with GNOME on rolling Fedora. My problem is GNOME sucks ass even tho I tweaked mine to hell.

Recent GNOME is the same.

>CentOS is the modern man Slackware.
lol no, what the fuck faggot, that's not even barely true.

Use whatever distro you want lol who cares

It depends. CentOS had shit support for Haswell, I couldn't even restart my home server while Fedora Server works fine. If you're using newer hardware, a LTS distro might not be the best choice.

Fedora was my first Linux distro and I've recently returned to it after trying OpenBSD and a bunch of other distros. I use Fedora because it's from the same family as Redhat/CentOS but has newer packages. If you use Linux professionally you'll find that most companies use Redhat/CentOS and you will benefit if you're already familiar with that family of distros.

it also depends on how the distro packages it, but on Debian it pulls a lot of dependencies while on gnome I can go very slick. I haven't tried in fedora because it left a bad taste on my mouth.
In gone I just install gnome-session gnome-session-wayland and nautilus, but kde is more work and ends up heavier

It's literally called Fedora. How could it not be a meme?