Graduated from grad school in 2017

>graduated from grad school in 2017
>built a $900 desktop with a Ryzen 5 1600 and an Rx 570
>only played Doom 2016 on it
>2 years later, never really into modern gaming that much
Did I fuck up? How can I redeem this computer?

Attached: unnamed (1).jpg (699x570, 37K)

>I haven't wasted hundreds of hours on gaymes
Somehow this is a problem

Use it for altcoin mining

I agree but now I have this overpowerd machine and all i do is run 3D modeling and A/V software on it for personal hobby stuff. I might as well spent half the money for the same effect

> overpowered

>office pc cpu and multimedia gpu
>overpowered

>having hobbies is bad
>gaymes aren't hobbies, stop enjoying things
>r-riding the bicycle is a real hobby durrr
>also all these other arbitrary things I chose

games are for children

>posting this on an anime image board

cartoons are for kids

Ignore the retard armchair (programmers)
What memory and motherboard u got? If it's a b350 cut your losses and get a x470 and a 2700x used when new amd Zen 2 stuff launches in may-q4 reuse the ram if it's decent 2933 3000 or 3200 cl14 is the sweet spot anything more than 16gb is a waste
Best value gpu right now is a used Vega 56 undervolted and overclocked or a rtx 2060
New gpus are a while off amd just soft launched a low volume hedt gpu that's not meant for gaming (radeon 7) and obviously nvidias rtx crap
Idk just oc that 570 and undervolted it or find something cheap used if u can find a 1080ti it's about as fast as a 2080 but half the price
Best of luck you'll need a good cooler too I recommend a dh15 noctura or better if your going 2700x route they run hot
If u wait a bit the 3600x will run much cooler

Oops misread you post op
Just sell it and put the money into a thread ripper or something else

Mine shitcoins
>buy $1600 desktop November 2017
>realize I don't like videogames anymore
>mine TRTL instead

> posting this on a website

Using websites is for research only.

thanks man

> cut your losses and get a x470 and a 2700x used
What for?

B350 has shit vrm and possibly won't get updates for Zen 2

PC gaming sucks nowadays.
Sell that shit, get a nice thinkpad, a console of choice and a large TV. enjoy.

its not high end enough to cry about it. Just use it for whatever knowing that it will get obsolete later.

>dude just buy a newer system than what you got, even though you don't want what you have currently.
it's like you didn't even read his post
threadwinner here.

do you watch a lot of movies/tv?
if so, consider setting up madvr to make your shittily encoded torrents look less ass
trading is more profitable than mining and has no negative impact on hardware lifespan

>Did I fuck up? How can I redeem this computer?
By keeping it for the next 5-7 years. It should do you well for a plenty long time.

Teach yourself some numerical analysis and use your computer to number-crunch

should have bought an ipad

nah mate nothing wrong with it your pc gonna be fine for the next 15-20 years considering you do fuck all with it

modern gayms suck in general

How did you pay 900$ for a 1600 and rx 570?

This. Got xbones a year ago, and haven't looked back. I'd buy a ps 4 pro as well, but since it's likely the next ps is only a year away I might as well wait. Every game I would want to play on PC gets a console release anyway, as there's very rarely PC exclusives that aren't indie titles that'll run on a toaster anyway. PCs dedicated to gaming are a huge waste of money, imo. For the price difference between xbox one S and gaming PC I could buy pretty much every game I give a shit about.

>PCs dedicated to gaming are a huge waste of money, imo.
but wot about emulation and work

Learn computer science and perform vector calculations.

and case, and PSU, and ram, and BD drive, etc. I only had a laptop before so I had to buy everything from scratch

Reasons to have a powerful PC
>video gaymes
>video production
>photography editing
>shit coin mining

That's pretty much it. Although I will say that it's not like you built a super computer. You have a mid to low level gaming PC that will suit you fine for your normie needs for a long time to come. In reality you probably only spent a few hundred above a shitty office PC.

>video gaymes
>video production
>photography editing
aside from gaymer i do a tone of video and photo work so I guess i got exactly what i needed. I just bought an IPS monitor last month which looks pretty good for photo work

PS4 is the only console worth getting. Good exclusives. Xbonex is for retards. Xbone S is also weak as shit. Ps5 isn't coming until at 2022-2023 anyway. You fucked up buying a POS without any good exclusives

>RX 570
that's entry level crap. What are you regretting? You make it sound like you got a $2000 gaymur rig with a 2080ti.

If you're still this worried about $900 you spent 2 years ago, you should be spending your time thinking about better employment instead of past regrets.

enjoy not gayming at 1440p 144hz
console pleb. Only exclusives are worth playing on consoles because there's no fucking choice.