Be honest: Do you look down on people who aren't programmers?

Be honest: Do you look down on people who aren't programmers?

Attached: cube.gif (457x340, 148K)

No

no, because I'm not an insecure retard who's obsessed with computers to the point of looking down on people for not liking them as much as I do

i only look down on everyone that claims the title engineer carries their dead weight

I try not to judge anyone unfairly, as I don't want myself to be judged unfairly.

I got 5 attiny85s, they're fun

why would I

>he needs more power than an attiny13a has
neck you'reself lol

Based.
I'm an engineer (automation) myself and I deal daily with so-called engineers who are complete dumbasses.
I refuse to call myself engineer because of the sheer amount of retards with the title who know nothing.

Yes I do. I see monkeys when I look at them

t. Code monkey

the retards ruined the engineer status, I prefer to just be called by user

How'd your post that?

I look down faster to shitty programmers, which are most of the normies I know in uni

A breath of fresh air

Only if they act like they know more than me when they clearly know nothing.
If you don't work with the same stuff I do and you're willing to admit you don't know much about it, I'm not gonna sit here and act like you're some kind of brainlet for not dedicating years of your life learning something not relevant to you. I think the same way about people that don't know as much as me, as long as you're willing to admit you don't have the answer I can't really think less of you, besides, I don't know everything myself so I'd look like a massive hypocrite if I did.

Attached: 1544537753163.jpg (1125x1476, 283K)

internet (web 1.0)

I did a year in physics and then transferred to electronics engineering
The difference in the level of the students is astounding
People in the first year of physics undergrad were genuinely smarter than people are in the third year of EE. Everyone in EE are just normies who heard it's a good career where they'll make a lot of money, and it shows.

no desu

Not really. I've met some incredible programmers who are absolutely retarded in practically every other aspect.

This guy is a better human being than 99.9% of Jow Forums.

No, I only look down on the 97% of people who do useless office jobs I could easily automate.

> EE student here
> fucking hate it
> self-taught CS student because I actually want to learn something

Agree with you, most of people in engineering are fucking retards that think will make a lot of money. 95% of them are not going to earn more than 1500€ in EU, at least I enjoy seeing them miserable in 5 years

to be fair a lot of the "engineers" in automation are just in that position because they were maintenance at the plant coming in with their GED and doing duct tape fixes for 20 years

Attached: Series 10111.jpg (800x450, 116K)

In my country the title "ir." for engineer is protected, just like "dr.")
Only the top 10% qualifies to attend the universities that give out that title, and it's nearly always considerably harder than getting a MSc. degree (which also only the top 10% qualifies for btw)

For the easier engineering schools we use "ing."

t. MSc who was too lazy to get a proper degree.

which country is that?

Netherlands

I look down on all people.

Attached: 1548211735596.jpg (351x720, 73K)

> fucking hate it
Here is your problem.
>1500 eurodollars
Hm... No wonder EU is so shitty in technology.
Anyway, which niggers get highest salary in first 5 years?

I look down on programmers. Literally.

Attached: 000.jpg (175x288, 9K)

business and economics. those mf get a lot of money

Those are "brother of my brothers friend" type of thing. Either you know someone, or you work for $500/mo.
Engineers have less of this, I'd say.

does anyone happen to know what that screen is called? looks neat

OLED I2C or SPI

Yep, I'm transferring back to physics for grad school
Tired of EE idiots

I only hate pretend programmers and pretend IT guys (which my job is plagued of)

So... It is like
CodemonkeyS

lmao

>Do you look down on people who aren't programmers?
Only when they think they know how to use a computer.

How can you post if you are a quadcopter?

Yeah but I would place more theoretical CS (M.sc) above EE as well

Ok. So it is like
Plumber>Electrician>Bus driver>Physics>CS>EE>humanities?

good for you user, unfortunately is too late for me. I wish you the best of luck

I'm not one so that's an automatic no. Thought that was what I wanted to do but I lost interest.

No. I'm more likely to look down on programmers for writing autistic code that doesn't utilize recursion or classed objects.

No, I would even like that they would program, or at least know the basics. It would make everyone's life easier.
I don't understand why it isn't tought in 2018+1 in schools.

As a programmer I have less respect for programmers than I did before programming

Also, not everyone needs to learn how to program

no, i look down on programmers too.

He is 99.9% of Jow Forums.

I only look down on non-haskell-programming programmers.

No, I'm not mentally retarded.

>if you can't program you're not obsessed with computers
Subtle

No, I only look down on "programmers".

Not everyone can learn it

I look down on people who are so retarded that they can't google shit before asking me to fix something. I look down on people who are such mental midgets that they can't turn it off and then on again before calling me. And let's not forget about those extra special morons spend hours nagging you about a problem they can't even reproduce.

R E A D T H E F U C K I N G M A N U A L

Attached: BigChungusMeme.jpg (2000x1000, 123K)

autism

I look down at all people who's not pursuing degree in STEM or medicine and live on parents' money at the same time.

Stem is worthless. I studied it and regret it so much. Rather have done general studies degree.
Chase happiness . Not $$$

I study math and really like it. The only thing I may like more is philosophy, but there is no way I can apply it in real life or find a related job.

As a CSfag, i look down on other programmers.
I hate their inability to even remotely try to abide by patterns and behaviors which would result in more clean and efficient code.
I hate that i have to beg them to install any form of communications to take meetings online.
I hate that i have to teach git and screensharing via skype every single fucking time to atleast one person in the project group.
I hate the absurdity of grown men being too dumb to look up their problems online, where they can be easily solved via the first link, and instead whine at every single fucking problem with their IDE.
I hate that every single one of them thinks they're fucking unique and quirky for being the most basic of nerds.
I hate that applefags keep interrupting the project because every single fucking tool, which runs on mac works slightly different, throws a giant wrench into project planning.
I hate myself for trying to efficiently plan and execute and as a result being crowned the inofficial leader of the group, who is now responsible.
I hate the 'learn to code' programmers, who are not capable of solving a single problem themselves, because they have only been taught to use other people's solutions for them, tell me about my impending irrelevance while i solve their spaghetti for 40 bucks so that they can get a 'Yo don gud'-cert that no one gives a shit about

Imagine only being good at programming to the point where everything else is put on a lower level because they're not as good at it as you are at constructing a tree in brainfuck.

I look down at programmers.

I feel sorry for programmers.

There are always jobs

Philosophy is actually a great undergraduate degree, they teach you a lot of analytical skills and communication skills. It's common for law school and honestly not something I'd look over for a software applicant if they demonstrated knowledge of programming.

I was going to guess Germany. I thought they too took the title Engineer pretty seriously.

It does raise the question what term could be used in place of Engineer where it isn't fully warranted. For instance the job titles Network Engineer, Server Engineer or Storage Engineer etc. What term could we use instead?

This, I saw a lot of those retards fail fucking introductory circuit analysis, imagine being too retarded to solve a basic circuit with resistors.

I envy them for having a less shitty career path.
The only interesting work for me would be in research and holy fuck that's a lot more work than anyone else needs to put in.
I wish I was dumber then I wouldn't have such high ambitions.

Probably technician, developer or designer.

No, but people often look down on me for gentrifying their city and being yet another white bread cis white male programmer.

I only look down on people who take meme degrees like art, history, and philosophy. If you're not getting a STEM degree, what the fuck are you doing?

I don't look down on them, but I can't expect them to do the work I do.
For example, handling large quantities of data, much of it sparse, is a part of my job. Now, I could hire someone to spend all day long inputting it into excel so I can convert it to a database.

Or I can spend an hour making the program myself and never have to worry about inputting it again. Much of my job is just loading different programs I've made with fresh datasets.

If I were to explain this to anyone else in my office, they would have no idea what I'm doing. That's not their fault, they just didn't take the time to learn how to code. Before I got there, literally all that was happening was what I mentioned at first, and it took a team of people, who all had other jobs and responsibilities because they didn't hire someone for this task, months to do it all.

I'm an engineer who is a complete dumbass. I don't know how I got here, honestly.
What do I win?

Yes, because they are 99% scripting and not coding and 99% using object oriented shit making sloppy resource hungry shit that makes the hardware take up the slack.

Attached: code monkey'.jpg (620x284, 18K)

everyone except engineers, electricians, doctors, and lawyers.

Only if they're pretty much what describes. I still think a good attitude towards programming is something any "real" tech enthusiast should have just because of the increased understanding, control and utility it gives you. But if you feel comfortable with what you know and aren't a dick about it, who cares?

I deal with infrastructure and network engineers who dont knoe languages every day who have more brains in their left nut then a lot of programmers

I also experienced this, but in CS, not EE.

no, I look down on programmers that code and think they're smart because they can hello world

No, I look down on those who grew up with technology yet don't understand it
Fucking zoomers

lmao I look down on people who ARE programmers
>oh look at me I learned java script or some shitty meme garbage to work as a cuck for a hyperinflated and soon to collapse industry
>I'm so techy guys!
>I'm such a liberal! look at me being nice to women in an attempt to make them touch my micropenis!!
>*basedface*
>basic bitch hobbies like marvel movies
>SUCH A NERD GUIZ OMG
I respect plumbers, electrictions, (some) engineers etc because they provide an actual service, especially if they're good.

What the FUCK is software development? What the fuck can you possible make in 2019 thats worth anything?
What, fucking phone apps for whatever memeshit service is popular for a couple months? A shitty website that takes 2 gigs of RAM to run? Some trash firmware for a tv with so much input lag its like the batteries are always dying?
What the fuck is the point of your job?
I don't know any formal programming other than BASIC (as a kid) and maybe Latex if that counts and I was able to pick up basic C syntax in about 20 minutes of looking at commented dwm and st souce. I was then able to manually patch shit in myself and make tweaks where I needed. Notice that I'm fucking dyslexic and people who recognize my desktops who what field I'm in.
What a pathetic fucking subsection of "people". Gas everyone involved pls

Imagine if you had a doctor that tried every fucking meme therapy on you and made you take like 10 different medications when you didn't need it, all because he can't be assed to read dipiro or something. The shit that flies in your shitty "industry" would never work anywhere else.

Attached: 2019-01-23-1548292264.png (1366x768, 2.45M)

I look down on programmers who didn't build something of their own that legitimately improved society.
Programming for a faggot company whose product ultimately derives profit by exploiting poor and ignorant people (especially young people) makes you worth less than zero. Aka, most programmers.
Hardware shapes the world. Software just lets asshole leechers exploit billions.

I would guess SPI because of the four wires

>>I don't know any formal programming other than BASIC (as a kid) and maybe Latex if that counts and I was able to pick up basic C syntax in about 20 minutes of looking at commented dwm and st souce. I was then able to manually patch shit in myself and make tweaks where I needed. Notice that I'm fucking dyslexic and people who recognize my desktops who what field I'm in.
>What a pathetic fucking subsection of "people". Gas everyone involved pls
by this I mean It's not a difficult thing to "learn to program" but soiboys will put the job on a pedestal and act like every fucking job needs computers. I had a faggot tell me to learn python and javascript the other day because it's "the future of my field". lmao imagine if I wasted my professional time on some dipshit language to write some shitty electron app to do something that an embedded device or old program can already do well and with less resouces. I had another nigger the other day tell me his BP was fine ( I had the fat fuck at 145 systolic) because his apple watch and health app said he was healthy and doing the right excersizes. I didn't want to deal with explaining to the retard that the shitty sensor the watches use don't work well through layers of lard.
This is about a month after some faggot pharm rep was telling me all about how apple was going to revolutionize healthcare and how the new generation. apple watch is now considered a legit medical device.
How the fuck do you feel working for this company and writing some shitty sensor software when you can get a more accurate reading by counting your pulse for 30 seconds and multiplying it by 2.
What a waste of life.

I know rants are gay and for fags. I have a lot of exam and I'm putting off studying kek not looking for yous or whatever. I just really hate all the shit I have to put up with everyday because of nu"programmers" and this faggot OP actually thinks he's better than anyone.

Attached: 1548706553298.png (200x200, 22K)

No, because not everyone needs to be a meme programmer/'coder'.

My brother's an accountant and I actually have a lot more respect for them than I do for my fellow "programmers". They work insanely hard and are actually good at what they do. Most of the people in my field don't have a clue what they're doing at a fundamental level and just keep building on a rickety structure of hack jobs that is going to come down hard if there's ever a major cybersecurity event.

tl;dr no I don't

I feel more like people look down on me for being a programmer.
Especially because I'm a small fry that's found no real success in the field.

Attached: 1527785136612.jpg (789x750, 66K)

most programmers are autistic so no

>who's obsessed with computers
Funny thing is you don't even really to be into programming to be obsessed with computers, I know I'm not
I love all types of computing devices but I would rather do anything else than to program, it's not even that I feel I'm bad at it, I did ok in my college courses and didn't have any trouble but fucking SQL was more fun than any programming course.

>Imagine if you had a doctor that tried every fucking meme therapy on you and made you take like 10 different medications when you didn't need it
this actually happens (watched it happen to my sister when my parents were struggling financially after 2008, and we had to go to the "cheaper" doctor). The sad thing is that it happens for many of the same reasons.
Software is the hot new "miracle" drug.
This whole python/node virus looks like a bunch of lazy, incompetent fools being shitty at their job. While that's true in some regard, it's only the surface. When you dig deeper, you'll realize there's an order from above to jam software into as much shit as possible, as fast as possible. The more google, amazon, apple, or whoeverthefuck else can lock your lifestyle into their ecosystem, and make you think anything else is outdated or untasteful, the more financially stable they become.

>apple watch is now considered a legit medical device.
case in fucking point. I work in software, and I will happy to see this shit burn in 1-3 years. It isn't sustainable, and it's unhealthy for all of us.
I guess this whole rant begs the question- why the fuck do I do this as a job? I do it for fun because I like the problem solving, but I hate everything about the industry and where it seems to be going.

This uniroincally. The amount of times I wanted to tell older devs to read the fucking docs

Attached: 1511442680_23754682_10215305588212430_1380445212684780064_n.jpg (419x610, 39K)

No, but I look down on programmers

Wtf I'm taking Electrical Circuits right now.
I kinda felt suspicious when all 4 girls out of 16 students are really cute.
Is EE a meme. How fucked am I?
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

well I don't want to judge too hard there. sometimes having to take a bunch of cheaper meds is better than disease progression and having to pay for an expensive and life altering procedure.

>be computer engineering major at a large, reputable state university
>sitting in study area, working on a side project between lectures
>bunch of students shows up a while later at a table across from me
>it's office hours for a 3000-level (late 2nd year, early 3rd year) computer science class
>TA is trying to show them how to use git
>one guy is trying to type unix shell commands into IDLE
>another one is confused as to why she couldn't find the files on her local computer that she saved inside a remote VM
>TA keeps referring to Ubuntu as UNIX
This happened fucking today. Part of me wants to go back there to see if I can eavesdrop on even more complete retardation.
I don't look down on someone if they aren't a programmer. I also don't respect people for being programmers, not even slightly. If you're good at it, then sure, I'll respect you for being skilled at your craft.

Attached: 1462827285850.jpg (772x694, 86K)

No, but I do look down on people who don't understand basic tech. So I guess halfway?

As cybersec engineer (former network admin/sysadmin) I look down on programmers.

>As cybersec engineer (former network admin/sysadmin)
lol

I look down on everyone. Being into computers make no difference.

just know that everyone else looks down on you, user.