My friend bought in to the RTX 2080 meme. Got his card Friday

My friend bought in to the RTX 2080 meme. Got his card Friday.

Has "fixed" Samsung memory.

Attached: Capture+_2019-01-28-14-08-13.png (1277x2307, 226K)

>nvidiots still think the problem in the memory and not defective gpu dies

If he's your friend why didn't you try to stop him from buying a memecard user? At least that's what I would do if I had friends.

I literally told him they were a meme card when he sold his 1080ti in order to buy one.

Me again, he listened to Reddit over me, so he gets what he deserves.

>He actually sold his 1080 Ti AND also listened to reddit
Ok I take it back, well deserved indeed.

>he sold his 1080ti in order to buy one.
Are you shitting me

A driver will drop in a few days

Is that before or after the stocks do so too?

I'm not invested in their stocks so idc

Isn't that like upgrading from a Ryzen 1600X to a Ryzen 2600? Aren't the 1080ti and the 2080 pretty much identically performing cards? apart from that RTX meme which halves performance unless you render at low resolutions and upscale?

Not him but it rarely works. Not so tech literate people are often really fixated on Nvidia for their graphics card because "Geforce = gaming".

Sounds like Nvidia's marketing works well then.

Good blog post. Consider using Twitter next time.

Nice blog post, how do I unsubscribe

Yes. And that's what I told him.
On him, it worked beautify.

And I'm pretty sure the 1080 Ti beats the 2080 in some benchmarks.

Seems fake.

I had no idea exactly how well this marketing is working until a nephew and a friend were visiting a while ago and my nephews friend asked about the GPU "is it geforce?". Nothing about specific model or performance or .. well, anything. I guess .. either it's "geforce" or .. not geforce.

I've actually got a Geforce - which I really should throw away/recycle already. It's a GeForce4 MX 440. That's a AGP card with 64MB RAM. It's not .. very powerful but it is in fact "geforce". I'll bother taking a picture if anyone wants.

>sold his 1080ti in order to buy one
jesus fucking christ.

Imagine these retards seeing "GeForce" + "2080" at the same time.
>OMG!!! 2080 > 1080! It must 1000 TIMES more powerful!!!!!!

Attached: 1539012008239.gif (474x356, 1.07M)

I had a Mx440!! Take pictures. Still got the box?
after that I got an Athlon 64 +3200 and an ATI 9600 Pro. Man those were the days

Ahaha he bought a novidia card and to make things worse, he chose the evga one.
You can't make this shit up.
Evga was the worst aib in the last 2 generations. Why are faggots still buying their pos?
Their psus were oem ones with evga stickers from china. Why people by their pos?

I don't get these normies thinking EVGA is some kind of magical fucking brand.

Reminds me of old forum post where people complain that their Geforce 210 can't do shit.

Don't have any old GPU boxes and apparently I also don't even have the MX440. The box where I expected to be had this FX5200 card instead. That was disappointing.
>The GeForceā„¢ FX 5200 and GeForce PCX 5300 GPUs deliver best-in class performance and features at a great price. With a GeForce FX or PCX mainstream GPU inside your PC, you can experience cinematic-quality effects, studio-quality color, and the industry-leading performance and rock-solid driver stability you expect from NVIDIA.

Attached: FX5200-256MB-IMG_2787.jpg (2782x1986, 1.69M)

>RED GPU PCB
>Glorious Orange motherboard PCB
The RGB zoomer generation can't compete.

why do I even have this stuff

Attached: awesome-gaming-pc-gear.jpg (3282x2012, 1.7M)

2080 is slightly faster on average and a decent bit faster in a few scenarios due to Turing improvements (VR, games like RE2 which just came out and uses FP16 compute). Upgrading from a 1080 Ti to a 2080 is totally not worth it.

I really want one of these OEM RX 460 because of that.

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (1000x750, 146K)

Peak GPU design right there my niggas

Attached: 1524063481645.png (640x468, 27K)