Post aesthetics only you like

Post aesthetics only you like.

Attached: Power Mac G3.jpg (1280x1039, 275K)

Attached: cubicle 1.jpg (849x393, 402K)

Attached: 1517342435634.png (400x1650, 367K)

fuck apple

tim cook iffy uh, black dick makes him stiffy uh

Given how well those sold, you're not unique.

I really like how this looks.

Attached: sv35iconmail.png (1152x900, 16K)

>wanting weapon technology to leave

found the cuck

You don't see that aesthetic anymore because nobody wants it. So I am unique.

You are not the only person that likes the early 2000's Apple aesthetics OP, there are a lot of mentally disabled people around.

It's the consistency of everything that gets me in these kinds of environments, nowadays everything seems so mismatched

This. Probably the #1 reason I dislike Windows 10.

Those g3 and g4 were really easy to work on, open the door and everything is right fucking there

Attached: 1999-PowerMac-G4-AGP-Graphics[1].jpg (1200x900, 905K)

>open the door and everything is proprietary

Attached: 1526833841153.gif (800x430, 564K)

kek

>standard RAM
>standard HDDs and storage peripherals
>standard PCI cards
>stantard PSU

The only proprietary thing is the case and mobo, the rest are all off the shelf parts.

My rice
>only person who likes grayer backgrounds
IT HURTS.
Working from home is top tier.
Working in a closed office is medium tier.
Working in an open office is ABSOLUTE SELF-EVICERATION INDUCING DOG-SHIT TIER. WHO ALLOWED THIS ABOMINATION? WHY IS MY OPINION SO HERETIC?
I agree.
Ikr. Rare time apple got it right, especially with there ancient nature of locking everything down to obscene degrees.

Attached: neo7.png (3840x2160, 3.78M)

This.
>had to service these pieces of shit back in the day because some cunts in management wanted them
>5X more problems than other users
>constant hardware failures
>RAM slot is standard but applel chipset refuses to accept anything other than applel's $200 RAM sticks
>GPU has proprietary BIOS needed to boot the mac motherboard making 3rd party impossible
>CPU is retarded housefire IBM trash
Fuck Apple. Eventually woke up the retards and they went back to PCs.

Attached: 1518295848219.jpg (640x534, 61K)

i kekd thanks

>standard RAM
no

It's PC100 SDRAM, I'm not pulling my old G4 out of the closet to take a pic.

um yes? I have a PowerMac G4 beside me right now and inside it are DDR modules. Standard. Only thing not standard is the motherboard and CPU, which are PowerPC and therefore superior.

>um yes?
are you a queer or a woman

Attached: c17c3214.jpg (720x495, 29K)

>applel chipset refuses to accept anything other than applel's $200 RAM sticks
niBBer all mine are full of ancient DDR1 out of random computers. You just need to make sure the speeds match and they're the right speed since some don't work.

disgusting

Attached: 1523611231845.png (714x121, 4K)

This is better

Attached: twiggymacspecialolympicsfuckedup.png (512x342, 4K)

>macshit
Kill yourself.

Attached: 8.1_Home.jpg (1020x717, 354K)

Fuck man this hurts too much. I use Android now and I miss Windows Phone 8 so much.

Attached: 1200px-SGI-onyx.jpg (1200x1257, 132K)

PC100, later PC133 then DDR 266, nothing special.

PSU isn't standard, it's the same plug and physical form factor as ATX but the pinout is changed. Later G4s also have a 24-27V supply for the monitor and firewire. PCI cards are mostly standard but need to have different firmware onboard for graphics or anything bootable.

i have a drawer full of windows phones. off the top of my head;
>Lumia 840
>Lumia 840XL
>Lumia 735 with a smashed screen (personal favorite, almost had an autistic rage when i dropped it)
>HP X3 Elite, that wannabe desktop replacement phone
>Lumia 830
>Unknown lumia model
>HTC 8x
i fucking loved them. then WP10 came out and it was so bad the entire ecosystem died so now i just accept my android life, glory to google plz harvest my data more daddy.

Attached: what.png (786x438, 441K)

Attached: 26-nazi-ap.jpg (968x681, 115K)

>RAM slot is standard but applel chipset refuses to accept anything other than applel's $200 RAM sticks
It's just standard DDR(2) memory
>GPU has proprietary BIOS needed to boot the mac motherboard making 3rd party impossible
Only for Open Firmware, if you don't need to configure the firmware or change operating systems you can use whatever GPU you want
>CPU is retarded housefire IBM trash
Good.

>i fucking loved them. then WP10 came out and it was so bad the entire ecosystem died so now i just accept my android life, glory to google plz harvest my data more daddy.
I haven't accepted it. I consider it to be a temporary setback. I am going to figure out a way to use sim cards on laptops, not just for data but for phone calls and texting. At that point, I will buy some Ockel Sirius sized mini-pc thing, or build my own, and then I will have a literal Windows (x86-64) phone.

I miss blackberry too desu, the OS was clunky but once you got used to the keyboard it was so much faster. Also the insane level of enterprise features, and the aesthetics.

LCD is terrible but I like the case. It's the cool that became uncool in the majority's eyes but actually managed to outlive the trends and is cool for real, it'S only that plebs preferring alu shit have no taste.

Mouse looks nice but is terrible ergonomically.

based

Same.

Bring back squared off functional design, make it look like a tool first and foremost, not a fashion statement.

The Japanese still build hardware with that business-like aesthetic instead of churning out gaudy e-jewellery.

Attached: lvrims8mtwhz.jpg (3024x4032, 894K)

Attached: 1496946994726.jpg (500x375, 15K)

Attached: 1496947924179.jpg (1436x648, 474K)

I had a Lumia 520, it was the very definition of cheap and cheerful. It was cheap ($130) without feeling it, and unlike the Moto Jow Forums it had an SD card expansion slot. Plus WP 8/8.1 was just a joy to use, nice and smooth without all the bullshit of Android. WP10 didn't really kill the whole Ecosystem, it was dead because Microsoft started out behind the curve, like Blackberry with BB10. I really would have liked it if we had two viable alternatives in the market today, iOS and Android really leave a lot to be desired in many respects.

It's incredible how this used to be considered cutting-edge in terms of design, but just looks so dated now.

Posting comfiest Macs.

Attached: 128820573.jpg (1024x768, 178K)

Attached: Corner Packard Bell PC.jpg (364x374, 20K)

I honestly think Windows 10 Mobile sealed the deal. They started half-assedly copying Android instead of relying on the solid consistency that was Windows Phone 8.1.

based

>Posting comfiest Macs.
Don't forget the iMac G3.
They might be unreliable and an absolute pain to work on, but damn are they comfy machines when they work.

Attached: Starry iMac.jpg (4592x3056, 3.72M)

Attached: polServer.png (500x375, 222K)

Still the sexiest DVD player

Attached: Sony-PlayStation-2-30001-Console-FL.jpg (4400x2650, 3.47M)

This makes me remember how long Apple held out on not having a right-click on a mouse. Pure retardation.

PS1 and PS2 start screens were so good. They invoked a sense of awe

It's garbage. All the icons look the same and it's hard to remember what is where.

Attached: out_0.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

Plus no matter what you do, it will notify you about irrelevant shit. The newest one I discovered was when I was out of the country. I have a pre-paid plan and didn't want to get charged extra, so I selected the option in Android to not have service when I would be roaming. Periodically, a popup would appear informing me that I did not have service when roaming, and while you could dismiss that popup, there was no way to prevent it from showing up again. Thanks Android!

thats just a more square imac

But it's still technology.
Also
>he has a dedicated image for posts like these

Attached: 8c42fb0.png (473x480, 134K)

Attached: 319200097_9f0f341882.jpg (500x313, 96K)

>unreliable
This is the first time I heard this.

My parents had two uncool but aesthetic Macs when I was younger (a Power Mac 6100/66 and a Performa 5200CD). Both were bought as discontinued overstock and at deep discounts, which probably tells you something about the state of Apple at the time. The 5200 was actually the unreliable piece of shit (6100 was fine and I still have it), but obviously my parents liked the AIO design of the since we replaced both computers with two identical iMac G3/600s. Those things lasted us forever. I actually used mine as a secondary computer until graduating high school in 2008, by which point the RAM had been upped to a pretty healthy 512MB. It ran Tiger very well. Neither one gave us any trouble, and I don't think any of the middle-class suburban owners I knew of ever complained either. What sort of issues were they known for? Also couldn't you get G4 upgrade cards for these?

I fucking love my B&W G3, but I'd probably consider something that looks like it coming out in 2019 quite dated. The appeal of a look is as much rooted time and context as it is in the look itself.

god tier design

Attached: godphone.jpg (800x518, 62K)

Everything HP built before ~2001 wasn't just a machine, but a work of art.

Attached: c3000.png (1700x1128, 709K)

no skin or theme will ever be close nough to actual windows vista being thicc and glossy.

Attached: 31077378-2-440-overview-1.gif (440x330, 43K)

i dont know where you get this g3 are unreliable, i have 2 from like 2000 and they still work no problem at all

PowerMac G3 AIO>iMac G3

Attached: Power_Mac_G3_AIO_corrected.jpg (712x768, 140K)

The molar macs always seemed like they'd make kickass bridge boxes but god damn they look so much bulkier.

The only thing worse than iToddlers are iBoomers.

Attached: 1533188789321.jpg (500x333, 29K)

Heating and cooking on aluminum is very unhealthy wtf

>transparent housing
Absolutely based

>they look so much bulkier
Need space for that floppy drive and the zip drive. You know, functional shit that modern Apple doesn't care for.

Comfy Macs belong on a desk at home, not on a coffee shop. I used to think it would be awesome to take a Powerbook 180c into a Starbucks until one day I saw a turbohipster with one, at which point the idea didn't seem so great anymore.

They weren't unreliable for modern Apple standards, but they were for their time.
>What sort of issues were they known for? Also couldn't you get G4 upgrade cards for these?

>Cheap capacitors on the analog board, causing noise on the display and eventually making the machine fail to boot entirely
>Arcing flyback transformers
>Firmware bug that would make the machines kill themselves if you installed OS X 10.2 or higher
>Rotting speaker foam
>Bug in the DVD-ROM drive firmware that would make it take longer than a minute to recognize CDs, rendering the machine unable to boot from CD media
And these are the most common ones. Thankfully all of them except for the flyback are fixable.
>Also couldn't you get G4 upgrade cards for these?
Nope, the CPU is soldered to the board on later models and it's on a proprietary daughtercard in earlier ones. People have had success removing the G3 chips in them and reflowing G4s in their place, however.
Indeed. I have a non-AIO PowerMac G3 and it is one great bridge box. I use mine to write all kinds of floppies for both DOS and Mac, as an Ethernet to LocalTalk bridge and to unstuff big files for older Macs (It has a 1GHz G4 upgrade, so it's quite fast)

Attached: G3(G4).jpg (4592x3056, 3.64M)

My first DVD player. At the time, it was the most amazing electronic device I ever owned.

that's true for all macs since like the early 90s you retard

OPEN LOOK WM is kind of like this for linux. I think it was engulfed by CDE. You could achieve that aesthetic

Attached: CDE.png (1013x765, 17K)

Real picture of a ghost (spooky warning)
This was peak phone right here. So intuitive. No phone OS has ever been able to match the efficiency and common sense of BB OS. It was just perfect

Attached: cold wind blows.jpg (1229x1000, 313K)

Windows 8 worked great for the platform it was actually designed for.

>You know, functional shit that modern Apple doesn't care for.
For that I'd much rather have a minitower or desktop model that I can use a better and more space efficient monitor with. An AIO's main concern is being convenient and/or saving space, something the molars definitely offer but the iMac G3 and eMacs are so much easier to fit on a desk alongside other projects. The floppy drive is the main reason I even consider beige G3s in general though, since you can't get an 800K compatible drive on a B&W.
>I used to think it would be awesome to take a Powerbook 180c into a Starbucks
I was carting around a 170 for a while to fuck around with Think C and Mathematica between classes, they're just annoying as fuck unless you have a good battery in them. The wall wart power supplies are terrible.

dang. my heart. i had to retire my 928 recently :(

Attached: compaq-presario.jpg (640x363, 24K)

I like this aesthtic too
What's it called?

People nowadays call it y2k aesthetic, there was a different name it had that I don't remember, though.

more like, idiotserver

Vista was peak Windows look. Hell, it was peak OS GUI look. The orb and best color combination, ever.

I like that look, too bad it is only the mask and behind it is plain box that doesn't flush with it at all.

Attached: 3422105723_dd2446ce4c_b.jpg (1024x768, 460K)

Now that you mention it, I do remember the internal speakers on my G3/600 had really bad distortion after a few years, so I started using external speakers. I'm surprised to hear about the Panther-and-above bug, because I ran Tiger on mine for 3 years with no issue.

>It has a 1GHz G4 upgrade, so it's quite fast
NowThisIsPodracing.jpg

Hah. Is that a Curve 9220? My brother got one of those because he could have it for free on a basic plan. His friends all made fun of him for it but I thought it was a pretty nice phone for texting and basic tasks.

Whoa, you sure showed him!

>Whoa, you sure showed him!
Not my intention, it's just fact.

>Post aesthetics only you like
>Everyone proceeds to post the Jow Forums boomer aesthetic starter pack
>Everyone talks about how great the aesthetics are, with the exception of a few shitposters

I mean I'm not complaining but it is amusing.

those fuckers made some beautiful shit.
them and silicon graphics.

>current office is like this
>moving to new office this summer
>"we want a more open layout"
>AKA the same thing but dividers are 6 inches high between desks and they're more tightly packed

Attached: 1499468359897.png (100x100, 12K)

Jow Forums loves its popular unpopular tastes. Everyone on this fucking site is just a teenage girl in a fat dude's body

Best PowerBook incoming

Attached: 4909A644-BBF9-4D52-9C18-72D9320749DE.jpg (4032x3024, 2.97M)

The most aesthetically pleasing part of Sun stuff is their logo. It's so goddamn nice to look at and contemplate.

Im still rocking mine even like this

Attached: IMG_0521.jpg (3024x3024, 1.8M)

Office cubicles are torture to 99% of the population, and from a boss's perspective, they make it really easy for people to slack off.

Cubicles aren't coming back, simply because very few people prefer them to open plan, and most of the people who do prefer them work from home anyway

That's so fucking stupid how could anyone prefer what is effectively a big caffateria to their own space where they can focus with 0 distractions.
How is a cubicle even different from your own home. I would have to look around to check if I'm in my house or a cubicle
they're so much fucking better. I'm 28 and never had a job and shit like this makes me glad
cubicle > *

Attached: f0ddb7f.png (688x512, 370K)

I'd really like to get one to use for a case mod project, but the prices people ask for them are insane.

Attached: IMG_7419-1.jpg (2444x2444, 766K)

Good, the only 68k macs worth owning aren't worth destroying for some boring shitty gaming build.

>Cubicles aren't coming back, simply because very few people prefer them to open plan

Anectdotal, but in my office, people threatened to leave en masse when management was musing about renovating our new office space in open concept. We ended up doing half-height cubicles as a compromise but aside from giving you your own space, it's really not that great. Noise travels a lot more than it did under the old office plan.

Nice shit, still has the gay Apple logo! Poor orientation though. I had a "Lombard" Powerbook when I was in university; one of my neighbours (I lived off campus) had thrown it out and I pounced on that. It was a bit of a frankenmachine because it had a G4 upgrade and some parts from a Pismo, and the fan NEVER worked so the G4 always throttled. After the initial curiosity factor wore off, it ended up sitting in a drawer for a few years, and I sold it late last year to some guy who drove 100km to come and get it. Seems the only photo I ever took was when I listed it on Kijiji. Pity.

Attached: IMG_20160828_1450578.jpg (4896x3672, 3.46M)

Just say x86, tard.

The only way a case mod would NOT be a total faggot move is if you found one of these that had been taken out by some catastrophic, cascading hardware failure that meant swapping in a donor board or CPU would be impracticable. Either that or someone else already destroyed one by leaving it in their garage to rust and get moisture damage for 15 years. What you should really do is slap A/UX on those.