/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: __nakano_miku_go_toubun_no_hanayome_drawn_by_hirokiku__115ad4e5d876715121de6d25916c6123.jpg (1133x1600, 1.9M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1182327/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

beyers

Who is this slut and why is she in every other thread?

harman followers will never read or comment on this study because it invalidates everything they believe in

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1182327/

Attached: 1528532237029.jpg (470x640, 275K)

HD600 sound so bad, regret my purchase already. At least I did not fall for the $30 poorfag speaker meme.

First for sennheiser remorse. Once the remorse kicks in, don't forget to tell other people to buy your garbage so that you can share the pain and self hatred!

Attached: sennheiserremorse.jpg (1324x8120, 2.02M)

Reminder: this is the person behind the cult that promotes the "all headphones are equal under EQ" and feeds sapphire and nikita's crusades of "neutrality"

Attached: haram4.png (1063x1412, 930K)

$200
open
lots of fat electric guitar sound

WHERE ARE THE FEET

Pretty sure Sapphire thinks Harman is a target curve for Jamal. He's a hardcore diffuse field shill, hence why he shills HD600 and ER-4. The HD600 just happens to measure really neutral on Harman so I can see why you think he's a Harman shill.

Measure neutral but sound like shit. Whoa...

based and redpilled. fuck drump and fuck overpriced placebo sounds

he's a fanboy of sean olive, it doesn't matter if he prefers diffuse field

Why does the hd660s with oratory990 eq sound better than hd650 with his eq

you realize sapphire keeps posting the harman preference list that supports the HD600 as the best headphone
harman has more bass than he likes but it's still among his ammo for shitposting

Preconceived notions, etc.
HD600 is the most neutral headphone that money can buy right now but it isn't for everyone. I think being a speakerfag I appreciate it more because I'm used to good sound unlike most of you in this thread who prefer all sorts of weird sound signatures.

He4xx

people don't have the same ears

HD660s uses the HD700 driver which is a modern, pretty decent dynamic driver, as opposed to the antique garbage that the HD600 has.

hey guys its iris, still haveu staxu~
what listen to ye on ye foneheads owo

Attached: P2nAsJk.png (1878x1037, 257K)

why would my ears matter when they have the same fr once eq'd
tru

>he thinks dynamic drivers have improved in the past few decades
kek
Audio has stagnated for decades. Even the most neutral speakers that money can buy (JBL M2) uses advanced DSP to achieve its sound quality because it isn't possible with acoustic engineering.

Even those vintage receivers and old as fuck gear are transparent and sound the same as modern receivers/amps.

Audio is a meme.

>I think being a speakerfag I appreciate it more because I'm used to good sound unlike most of you in this thread who prefer all sorts of weird sound signatures.
shove your hubris up your ass and try more headphones before making sweeping claims. there are stax shills here with speaker setups too and they are often preferred to speaker setups or atleast the only headphone comparable

>For their intended use, the STAX SR-007MK2 are a bargain at only about $2,400 brand-new. To get sound this good, this accurate and over this broad a frequency range through loudspeakers requires at least a $100,000 investment in speakers, crossovers and acoustic studio design. Even if you had speakers this good, setting them up in a domestic environment just can't compete unless you also feel like dropping at least $75,000 into acoustic room treatment to get flat response without room nodes down to 16 Hz. Heck, a typically clueless "audiophile" won't think twice about spending three times as much as these headphones just on speaker and power cables. If you can afford to throw money at fluff, you certainly can afford these headphones.

this is a lie

Fuck off, I'd take 50 dollar bookshelves over any headphones because they do proper stereo imaging a million times better and frontal sound is natural.

i fucking love you

but speakers sound worse than ksc75

>I'd take 50 dollar bookshelves
me too, even IEMs are better at that price point. try more headphones and get some experience under your belt because right now you are just talking straight out of your ass

>citing ken rockwell
i literally spit out my drink and im dying of laughter here

redpilled

bluepilled

blackpilled

Attached: 1548481905649.jpg (1124x1200, 552K)

dude ksc75 have killed headphones for me entirely
now i have to just recommend everyone spend 15 dollars or stax or gtfo

And yet the jbl m2 still sounds worse than the humble koss ksc75
Audio is a joke and you audiophools are the punchline

this is also a lie

the 580 was already a 600 in 1994
you're spending $300 on a piece of plastic designed 25 years ago and assembled by irish monkeys

Attached: 580.png (726x624, 134K)

remember when i told you my speakers are way better than jbl m2
...that was why.

>dat flat response on the 580
muh dik is hard

ya sure your $30 hacked together ebay speakers sound better than (anything)
the absolute state of delusional audiophools

Attached: 1486323763743.jpg (201x282, 40K)

>spending 300 on hd600s when only 85 more could get you lambdas

Attached: HeXFzsL.png (1193x837, 98K)

what does it matter? subjective impressions are subjective impressions. yours are no meaningful than his, only your ego makes you believe otherwise.

MIKU!!!

Attached: 3.jpg (4160x3120, 2.09M)

Why do the red and blue lines on the hd600 graph look like different headphones?

low impedance makes them louder
louder sounds better

>buying used colored weebphones

i want u to come over, i'll suck ur dick and we'll listen to my stereo

no thanks i don't want to listen to shit

Not him but what State are you?

i like colored ;-;
i also like my hd600 but i also like colored!

>i like colored
that's why you like the hd600 silly goose

you already know where i am brushy ;-;

burn all idol fags

Kings of no bass.

Attached: upload_2018-3-23_3-31-49.png (1558x473, 211K)

>why would my ears matter when they have the same fr once eq'd
look up accoustic impedance. also, different headphones have different directionalities which means the FR changes differently depending on how they are placed on your head

oh hehe ^.^
maybe i'll like stax then~

>I am too retarded to swap pads

where did you find this hd600 graph

see this is why i don't read graphs
no graph told me the m50x would sound like distorted rape
i feel lied to ;o;

Attached: EKgE6hh.png (977x1008, 819K)

unsealed stax l300 fr looks like that
once you seal it they no longer suffer from
>nobass
btw ksc75 have
>nobass

>different directionalities
Now imagine this problem but with speakers. There's in fact a decent amount of neutral measuring speakers that sound like absolute garbage because of their sound directivity, the type of frequencies that will fill the room the most and bounce back and so on. But yeah, they measure flat in an anechoic room in their sweet spot, that means they are good!!111!!

No excuse for such shit in 600$ headphones

how does nobass sound better than all speakers?

Speakers are like a TN monitor, if I shift too much the sound changes too much ;_;

Still better than your poorfag headphones tho.

l300 are $430 headphones, barely more expensive than the hd600 but with technical characteristics that propels them to the highest grounds of headphones.

What is DSP and how does it work? Is it like EQ but better?

600 including energizer
that's subjective and you know it ;3
here here i'll post my speaker measurements if itll shut u up

Attached: frequency-response-graph.png (900x520, 48K)

DSP is an acronym for Digital Signal Processing. EQ is a subset of DSP.

Attached: jwmitosis.jpg (500x370, 52K)

ksc75 actually have bass but it just isn't as detail compare to other dynamic headphones.

speakers sound objectively worse than ksc75, yikes!!

ksc75 measurements

ksc75 sounds worse than ksc75

Attached: uRU4Nyv.jpg (3826x1566, 430K)

>l300
No. Fucking. Bass.

Does zeos love no bass headphones?

KSC75 or the Porta Pro?

In truth: the KSC75 sound like solderdude's measurement IF, and only if, you press them against your ears, with some force, to seal a little.
In real world usage they sound more like rtings's measurements though.

i didn't even look at your graph sorry i only have 500mb data left this month, speakers just sound worse it is a fact

in his defence the ksc75 are actually amazing earphones.
extremely clear, but more "fun" than hd600s by far.
and for 15 dollars you can't go wrong. i gave mine to my dad for running and he loves them.

i am shunning you again
do not reply to nikita posts, folks

all this arguing and still no one has commented on this study

Attached: KEK.jpg (599x449, 38K)

porta pro measure better and I have it so i would go with that if its under 30usd or so. also ksc75 is the latest shitposting meme so I would avoid it.

>fun
Nice buzzword.

you are silly and delusional, i am not a slav hd600 shill

>500mb data limit
>he doesn't have unlimited data

So this is the power of...headphonefags....woah

>all this arguing and still no one has commented on this study
I already knew about this and more like the recent social study hoaxes that managed to get peer reviewed and accepted as scientific facts and I agree with your post. I didn't comment because there's really nothing to add, it stands on its own, that the sapphires of the world can't see it is also inevitability, there are two type of brains in this world and the leftist type of brain is not capable of rational thought.

you are free to leave any time

But Sapphire is a DF shill and not a Harman shill...

>i only have 500mb data left this month,
this is what poverty sounds like
probably a HD600 shill too

Boo hoo

Sorry I'm not poor like you and have both.

You haven't even read the link, Sapphire (and stop talking in the third person). You'd understand that link affects you too if you had because it doesn't talk about harman but scientific studies in general, from which DF also came from.

why would you buy something that sounds worse than ksc75?

>he's prefers a certain flavor of research therefore it doesn't apply to him
is that the angle you're going for here? that it doesn't apply to him (You)?

The constant talking in third person along with doing this retarded shtick for years, I'm starting to think the guy is a bit like Terry Davis of headphones. One can only hope he'll get to meet a train soon just like his prog counterpart.

Feel free to read up on the eardrum's DRP, it's well researched because of hearing aids.

>used

It's very clear you haven't read the study I linked
>it's well researched
i'll spoonfeed the title to you since you don't have the courage to open the link:
>Why Most Published Research Findings Are False

Remember, bass is for CIA jamals

Attached: sapphire2.jpg (900x900, 254K)

Not even him. Remember the ER4XR shitposting? Jesus, you guys are paranoid.

Can someone redpill me on distortion? Aren't most headphone really decent when it comes to distortion even the cheap headphones? Let's assume you never EQ, would distortion matter its not audible at normal listening volume around 80dB?

Attached: 1545605489929.jpg (750x750, 88K)

ok clown nobody cares if you act like a retard you're going to get called a retard

KSC75 are great $15 headphones in the same way that a Dacia is a great 7000€ car. However it's still a shit car.

>it's well researched because of hearing aids.
also, this isn't meaningful. it doesn't matter how much research has been done to be scientific you must be skeptical. prozac is well researched, it's an anti-depressant. one of the side effects is suicidal tendencies.