archlinuxarm.org/
mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/2018-June/086117.html
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Category:ARM_architecture
blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2018/12/kwin-in-2018/
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTY2Mjc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

never forget
qt library wasn't free

I use it myself but it's not everybody's thing though it's most users are annoying as hell. the relentless shilling needs to end because that's what caused me to avoid it at first

Nope, I use it,

>wasn't

Where do you meet annoying users?

you really don't notice the daily kde shill threads?

I use KDE because I love Konqi! And the botnet is obsessed with chimneys for some reason.

Attached: Konqi.png (220x367, 45K)

Fact: All Konqiposters are AWESOME!

Attached: 1543370063026.png (1277x1281, 214K)

I could never get it working properly. A few years ago KDE was a buggy mess. Ive tried it recently but Arch didnt package it properly.

what do you mean? i used it on Arch and it seems fine

Day of the rope when?

Attached: Konqi Hangs Foot Fags.png (816x684, 464K)

That was when I think KDE 4 was released. Now it works perfectly, I'm currently using it on arch

It's bloat. I get that it looks nice and it's really customizable, but you can customize XFCE just as much and it doesn't use nearly as much of your resources.

xfce uses almost as much ram as kde
blame gtk+

Soon.

Attached: afuckingfoot.png (838x1198, 908K)

Kde team has a stick up it's ass about Wayland and gtk 4.0

Arch is a garbage distro with system killing updates every 4 months.

Attached: 1548649892719.png (383x838, 27K)

Why have I been running it stable for 2 years then?

You mush have blessed hardware combo user. I had arch based systems kill itself 1 time on arm and 4 times on x86 just throught updates.

The crashes were literal program bugs that had to be patched.

KDE is pretty great. My T420 handles it well and it looks beautiful. If you really are looking to save battery, try LXQT, but 9 cell battery will still last a long time with KDE.

Attached: IMG_20190126_163134.jpg (3264x1836, 2.51M)

arch doesn't officially support arm, sounds like you're full of shit DESU

Daaammnnn Arch looks like that?

Attached: 683D2033-E7C9-46BF-9717-ADF527A7CA2C.jpg (4032x3024, 2.31M)

kdes great software doesnt stop arch from being a shitty gimmick distro sorry bud

Runs pretty well on opensuse. Seems to be pretty shit on everything else I've tried it on.

>implying
archlinuxarm.org/

I only use Arch cause of the wiki, not too much bloat, and cause my flatmate has used it for years

kde is so fucking good on gentoo. really stable and bloat free

Attached: kde.png (481x233, 269K)

Saved. I bet they chose the foot cause that’s where RMS gets his snacks.

*krashes*

Because anyone who experienced KDE 3.5 in its day has been continually disappointed with every release since 4.0

I first started using Linux in 2008 and kde 4 makes me nostalgia hard. We have go go back

KDE krashes. It might not krash often for some people, but the fact that it krashes at all is concerning, because simple, traditional desktops, e.g., FVWM, Openbox, WindowMaker don't krash.

It's decent but prone to feature-overload. Also, some things just randomly stop working or lose stability from one release to the next (Korganizer Google synchronization and the Calligra presentation app come to mind).

So true. I like the interface of KDE 4, but usability has been sort of hindered by feature creep on the front-end all the extra crap running on the back-end.

The interface hasn't really changed. All I remember being different is the blue shadow around windows that most people disabled.

Leap or Tumbleweed?

The "best" kde distro is always changing for me.
Id say Opensuse does well if you don't have novideo hardware.

Tumbleweed or even Gecko Linux (KDE Static Version). Be careful how you partition it, opensuse is rather autistic.

> you can customize XFCE just as much
You don't need to customize KDE to get a good looking DE, though. That's the catch. And of course, being a busy man, I don't have time for ricing, that's why KDE was a blessing to me.

KDE has been taken over by a SJW terrorist organization called the "visual design group". Those evil psychopaths have been driving away all the good KDE developers one by one
mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/2018-June/086117.html
and they can't code and get triggered if you tell them they should learn to code. The result is more and more strain on the few remaining developers who are faced with increasingly bizarre demands from the VDG people. KDE is doomed, it's over, XFCE4 is the only choice.

Wow.
Going to uninstall KDE

what about kde neon?

>I run Arch
>Doesn't know about the ARM wing
You don't run arch

"The Arch Linux™ name and logo are used under permission of the Arch LinuxProject Manager"
"Warning:Support for the ARM architecture is provided by theArch Linux ARM, which is a different projectnot supported byArch Linux. Seek support on theArch Linux ARM forums."
">implying" that it is not officially supported.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Category:ARM_architecture
Read the big fat red warning, user.

Red Hat had a lot of paid shills, since Ubuntu was starting to win over corporate customers. It was was spend millions on marketing or die for them.

Now IBM owns them, the marketing will slow down since IBM has military contracts forever.

It's beautiful. But it's called Plasma

Attached: 6b8oce19m5d21.png (1920x1080, 1.52M)

>SJW terrorist organization
Ok really you people who hate SJWs are really starting to be way more annoying than anytime I hate actually SJWness, yall need to calm the fuck down.

Except it's not true.
blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2018/12/kwin-in-2018/

Hate? Once I get a decent desktop I'm gonna use it.

t. i3fag with laptop

>system killing updates

I've been running Arch for almost 5 years and not once has an update broke my config.

Couldn't agree more! I just ordered my konqi branded dragon dildo. Gnome is for foot fetishists.

KDE & Plasma is pretty based. I haven't had any tearing or funny behaviour in youtube ever since I switched to it. Kate is pretty bad though.

Attached: 2019-01-29_16-15.png (1600x900, 1.05M)

I'll just leave this here.

Attached: kde_mitre_inclusive.png (1041x564, 127K)

>I'll just be retarded

It's pretty fucking buggy and some people abhor the idea of emulating the Windows desktop to an extent. I've learned to live with it much like a victim with stockholme syndrome.
Still, it's pretty much the only DE/Compositor that doesn't tear on my shitty intel graphics which is the primary reason why I stick to it.

>he can't handle the truth
poor (you)

Attached: not_violent_kde.jpg (809x1002, 714K)

>having policies about being respectful to other people are bad
>crying over policies on a project/company you don't work at or contribute to

>getting the project ruined by SJW snowflakes is good
>getting your project taken by SJW tyrants who can't handle critisism is good
No wonder KDE is dying.

Attached: muh_kde_diversity.png (587x510, 351K)

But they made sure it will be free in the future

It's slow, bloated, and ultimately worthless: it doesn't really do anything of any value that isn't already done better by lxqt

I like KDE
people don't like the Krashes and screen tearing but I have never had a problem with those.
Based LXQt poster

Thing is, the people making your software don't matter one bit outside of the code they generate. This was understood for many years, and many of the biggest names in tech were also crazed lunatics (RMS, for example, is an actual communist). People nowadays care more about who's making the software than the software itself

I just realized that the foot in the gnome logo supposed to be a g. All this time I truly thought it was simply a fucking foot

>People nowadays care more about who's making the software than the software itself
good thing, but people has different demands "I wan't you to call me "she" when I have a 20" dick and I don't care your religion forbits you to do so" but software has only one demand, "quality", so, KDE is going the way of the dodo.

Attached: wtf_akademy.png (680x1014, 331K)

It's not available on OS X

why does it goddamn fucking matter what the person creating the software likes to be called by
are you going for a beer with them?
are you sending emails to them?
I all care about is the software working and meeting my needs, if it don't I either contribute my fixes/features or switch
neets like you love to le ebin troll trannies and gay people on pakistan monkey hair cutting forums for those (You)s
people that actually work and participate in society don't care about who makes their software as long as it works, and think that being professional and respectful is a good thing

jesus christ you’re right

thats a retarded looking G

i bet it was done in gimp

>why does it goddamn fucking matter what the person creating the software likes to be called by
A person cannot call some one as he wants if is going against their believes or principles, is basic, you cannot force anyone to call you as you want, period. KDE is doomed.

Attached: kde_annoys_linus.png (705x677, 283K)

Doesn't change the fact arch is unstable garbage even on x86.

Attached: 4181605619_2d063f22f2.jpg (500x479, 155K)

>2012 KDE
GNOME 3 was initially a massive shit show.

Fuck ya all, I'm downshifting to TDE now. Or maybe even LXQT.

Gay people make gay software.

He still is using GNOME, so, still applies.

KDE & LXQT are best DEs currently

Everytime KDE shits itself I start thinking of gnome and immediately feel good that this shitting doesn't happen every day like it used to on gnome.

Mainly because he still uses Fedora.

I'm sure he knows how to install another DE on Fedora, the point here is that he doesn't.

the man still doesn't know how to install debian. he does the kernel and he does it well, but he's by no means an expert in userspace

>the man still doesn't know how to install debian
the man doesn't want to know how to install Debian, that's diferent.

most people are braindead footfags, so they prefer a tablet UI, like gnome

gnome isnt much better there
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTY2Mjc

Attached: gnome-garbage.png (1530x853, 300K)

Arch is cool

It was always a myth, clarified by GNOME it self, but what KDE is doing is in another level, RIP KDE.

>project willingly saying they are fucking up
right user, its a 'myth'

still, it pales compared to what KDE is doing right now, is just in another level.

Attached: GNOME_VS_KDE.png (1419x754, 331K)

XCFE4 uses about half what Cinnamon does. (1.5gb vs 3gb)

Don't know about KDE now.

Shrug.

She QT though.

>SJW terrorist organization
oh come on

Holy shit, this is horrifying.I'm not sure how much longer I will use KDE after seeing this. I feel like I need a shower.

Attached: librem5.png (737x474, 409K)

communism will win

Sjw terrorist group fucking lmao

Dude go outside and get some fresh air.

cinnamon is a fork of an early release of gnome 3, with all the horrendous bloat that entails, so comparing it with xfce is apples to oranges.
it makes more sense to compare xfce to mate or lxde.

>KDE has been taken over by a SJW terrorist organization
>terrorist
They were welcomed with open arms, there was/is no terrorizing going on.

kde looks like windows and mac
gnome looks like linux

>gnome looks like Android
FTFY.

Dunno. I just recently got into it all again. I hadn't used Nix since like 2010 previously.

Went with Cinnamon then XFCE cause Cinnamon feels like molasses on decent hardware and can be crashy with Novidia

beats me, I like it more as someone who has used i3 and dwm most of the time