Freetard here. Gentoo or Debian?

Freetard here. Gentoo or Debian?

Attached: openlogo-nd.png (322x400, 20K)

Do you want to spend a week trying to make it work or installing it in a few hours, with the most stable distrito at the end of that?

Its an easy choice OP.

Windows 10, it's free if you don't pay for it.

debian. gentoo is a meme.

one make its founder kill himself. the other is ok.

Attached: debian suicide.png (200x300, 47K)

Attached: debian.png (300x500, 32K)

Debian without enabling non-free software

Or, don't be a autist and install using cloveros. Then you don't get faggotry like systemd and openssl.

Gentoo. Debian is broken by design.

i need graphics on my computer

devuan

Mint

Debian.
Gentoo is a (forced) meme.

Nouveau is fully open source and free

debian

debian

I need WiFi on my computer.

Debian.

Personally, I like Debian.

Install gentoo
Use debian.

void

Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Arch

Gentoo

ubuntu minimal then install i3

So what you're saying is that I should use Arch?

Crux

Attached: crux.png (591x360, 8K)

this

Neither.
Debian's Social Contract states the goal of making Debian entirely free software, and Debian conscientiously keeps nonfree software out of the official Debian system. However, Debian also provides a repository of nonfree software. According to the project, this software is “not part of the Debian system,” but the repository is hosted on many of the project's main servers, and people can readily find these nonfree packages by browsing Debian's online package database and its wiki.

There is also a “contrib” repository; its packages are free, but some of them exist to load separately distributed proprietary programs. This too is not thoroughly separated from the main Debian distribution.

Debian is the only common non-endorsed distribution to keep nonfree blobs out of its main distribution. However, the problem partly remains. The nonfree firmware files live in Debian's nonfree repository, which is referenced in the documentation on debian.org, and the installer in some cases recommends them for the peripherals on the machine.

Debian's wiki includes pages about installing nonfree firmware.

Instead of this nonfree distribution, use one of the free distros which are made from it: gNewSense, and PureOS.

Gentoo includes installation recipes for a number of nonfree programs in its primary package system.

Depends on what you are using it for.
If you want a plain OS that works out of the box (has a DM, WM and all the graphical goodies if you are using it as a desktop), choose Debian. If you want to have some autistic config like using some obscure lockscreen, not using a DM, etc, you can do that in Debian, but you will have a harder time. In that case, Gentoo or some other distros like arch may be for you.

Fedora
Only has free software in repos by default and isn't autistic like Gentoo

Freetards are like liberals, always hairsplitting over the tiniest of ideological differences. Christ.

install Debian, then you want to gouge your eyes out because the software is 4 years old. You upgrade to testing and breaks. Then you wonder if you rather just install Ubuntu LTS, or install Fedora.
(Fedora)

sel4