Why dont they make pdas anymore Jow Forums?

i miss being able to carry around a easily usable pocket computer without my every foot step being tracked by some chink or pajeet or gubberment, but a laptop is just too bulky and doesnt have the same convenience

pic related pda i used to own and loved

Attached: 6505_4175821.jpg (600x450, 36K)

Are you being ironic or something?

They do, they call them "smartphones" or "personal smart devices" now

because phones

remove sim, airplane mode

iPAQ was some tight shit in 2000, had a pcmcia battery sleeve and everything

was very clearly referring to a pocket sized device without internal mobile radios or a gps or anything like that as obviously implied by the "without every footstep being tracked" you retards

airplane mode doesnt stop tracking

Pretty sure they still make ipod touch

Many PDAs had GPS and mobile radios dummy

Buy a phone and pull the sim card out

most pdas didnt have mobile radios dude pdas didnt start commonly getting mobile radios till like the very late 2000s and by then theyd be replaced by real smartphones in like a year or two for most of the pdas lifespan they didnt regularly have built in mobile radios even though that feature wasnt unheard of

paying a couple hundred more for extra unwanted weight and "features" that do nothing but report my location to gubberment and big corps and drain battery

When the most paranoid place on the internet is calling you a fucking asperger, consider you might be the one in the wrong.

Attached: 1458271195601.png (354x432, 56K)

no they didn't.
who the fuck would pay for the data plans?

PDAs were great pocket computers but most PDA users didn't want a pocket computer, they wanted a convenience device for web surfing and email that resistive touch devices with dense stylus-centric interfaces and limited mobile connectivity options didn't really provide.
Bluetooth or 802.11b Wi-Fi was pretty ubiquitous on most post-2002 Palm and WinCE devices, not to mention mobitex connectivity on certain devices before proper Palm/CE smartphones became available.

please tell me youre being sarcastic. its called a smartphone. i want to scream.

The same companies that were buying BlackBerrys by the truckload and wiping their asses with the charges. Are you underage or just not that savvy back then?

refer to

sorry meant to

Ah, portable digital assistants *sip*. Now THOSE were the thinking man's smartphones.

just got an Axim X51
it's a cool thing to play around with, though I don't really have a use for it
and the Windows XP look is maximum aesthetic

one day, god said:
>why don't we just put the damn phone in the PDA???

I used to do tech support for iPaqs. Neat at the time, but in retrospect, pretty shit compared to what we have now. ActiveSync was also a fucking nightmare to support. In like a few % of cases, there was literally nothing you could do to get it to sync aside from nuking the whole windows install. And we weren't authorized to provide support on that so we'd have to tell the customer to basically go figure it out unless they wanna pay $120 for a service contract, and then get yelled at. Good times.

Attached: 51BH3PKCZ7L.jpg (320x500, 37K)

hey

Attached: IMG_20190129_140154.jpg (2066x2671, 1.04M)

not even a doubt if it's real or not?
come on Jow Forums :(

if it had a proprietary os, you were tracked
remove the radio module from a smartphone then

>it's another episode of some schizo who wants something old back because of paranoia
It's all so tiresome

The whole desktop sync shit is a fucking mistake. But I still prefer them over smartphones for real computer stuff though, the resolutions are lower but the interfaces are also denser and the applications are actually applications and not just wrappers for an ad-filled web app.
PDAs aren't so tough to get on the internet though, you just need a good sync cable and a PPP server, with newer WinCE devices you don't even need that, ActiveSync handles it all for you.
For a while I used pic related as my main news surfer with a scraper that pulled plaintext from RSS feeds.

Attached: IMG_4744.jpg (3024x4032, 2.68M)