How did YOU get into technology?

How did YOU get into technology?

Attached: 1.jpg (1920x1080, 199K)

I pressed the power button on my Amiga my parents got me for Christmas.

By being a NEET who tries to escape alcoholism

How do I get out of technology

Attached: 1544256032417.jpg (960x600, 157K)

How are you supporting alcoholism if you're a NEET? Are you social and just hang onto others?

Thinkin Things
Freddie Fish
Putt putt goes to the moon

> putt putt goes to the moon
Holy shit it's been a while

rape

easy

Attached: 1544792635291.jpg (470x235, 24K)

i looked for retards that could push a button.

In grade school computers were the only thing in my life that did what I told them to do. It occurred to me early on I could do anything with a computer if I put in time.

pushed a button
things moving

Dad worked IT, grew up with 3+ PC's and shit load of misc electronics.

I wasn't good at sports

When I automated most work my team mates did and realized NPCs need to be shoah’d

I've been always into technology, for as long as I can remember.

Attached: victorique_gosick_-_01_h264-720p6358d1f5-mkv_snapshot_19-00_27350.png (1280x720, 861K)

The pictures of wizards and other such cool stuff that were on the boxes of early 2000’s pc parts

> Grandpa was a Linux first-adopter and engineering mad man.
> Gave me books on RedHat, Perl, HTML, etc. to keep me busy when he was watching me.
> Would give me tasks like "write a script to download all the rar files from that shady Russian ftp for that new Playstation game".

I mostly got into technology to bond with my Grandpa and not be a little shit. It's served me well.

I saw all the articles about how you can earn 100k a year by learning to code.

Videogames

I used the computer an unhealthy amount
One day I happened upon an ancient Java 3 manual and an ancient IDE
That's when I learned what programming was

It was initially after my boyfriend was using a 12 inch Bluetooth controlled dildo in my ass.

Attached: 94636-Red_Baron_(1990)(Dynamix)-1.jpg (640x400, 46K)

I got really paranoid and stuff after the whole snowden thing, which got me into learning about linux, encryption, etc, and then I realized I actually kinda liked the field.

depression, social isolation, and internet addiction

Messing around on computers my dad had bought, discovering flash game sites, video game community forums. ytmnd, Pivot animator, etc. Was interested in programming off and on for years. Now decided to do CS degree and try and learn in detail.

Same here
My social life was shit back then

Best games. Played them all last week with scummvm, fun. Pajama Sam is cool too.

My dad was always into computers and I was always fascinated with his work, plus everybody would always come to me for the most basic tech issues to eventually that evolved into wanting to know more, also something about technology is just so interesting and endearing to me for some reaon

My dad used to run his own office equipment business, except he hated his work enough to never give me anything that isn't garbage and a waste of storage space. I'm a tech ascetic now.

>got computer
>played old games in computer
>really liked games but I got tired of games quickly so I started making my own

I'm not desu I'm just here to shitpost about programming socks

Pirating scenes when I was a kid

I'm really just trying to get a good vpn but when I find one people tell me it's spyware shit, so I don't even know ow where to start looking.

My dad got me a really cheap Acer laptop back in 2004. Figured out the file heirarchy on Windows and moved on from therw.

I don't know how to help you user but everything in this world is spyware shit

And they are; it's just a lesser evil than your ISP (hopefully)

Dad worked as a desktop publisher for Honeywell in the late 80s and early 90s. He brought back a Mac Plus, and boxes and boxes of pirated software when the company laid off workers with the end of the cold war. Would just toss these little 800k floppies in and search through them relentlessly for anything cool.

My mom surprised me one day with a cute big toshiba laptop. Never let it go after that.

button demolished

I just want a shitty one that is on Tokelau or some shit country that deletes logs so I can navigate in peace and change my country to watch Netflix in other languages, man.

My uncle made me an html website to play around with when I was young.

I was 5 years old, booted my dad's Win3.1 machine. Couldnt figure out DOS till one day i looked over to my dad who typed 'win' to get to a GUI. Did that myself and clicked around somemore. Snooped through the filesystem and played Chips Adventure or something. Was amazed at how a machine and a screen can do so much and more. Messed with it fir a few years till he upgraded to a Win 98 machine. Win 98 was more interdasting since i got internet at that point.

Microsoft solitaire was the greatest thing in my young no internet life

Dad got a computer around 2001. Played Doom and wolfenstien. AoE too. Knew the internet searching for wad files. Stuck ever since. I was 6.

Windows 98, flash games on slow as dicks internet. Tried to upgrade ram in an old laptop. Had to have my Geek Squad cousin show me how to reattach keyboard ribbon cable.
I got into the hardware, studying for a 1 year cert in Electronics and Electromechanical right now.

I got this back in 7th grade

Attached: 1_NKvaZthdIpUXs7q0KUwWdw.png (1600x1303, 2.8M)

> had a computer with a gba emulator and doom demo
> had to fix the computer (windows98) computer when I goofed it up for some unknown reason

Apple ][+ in 1982

Same, except it was my mom. I remember the day my brother and I could no longer run WoW or other shit games I played when I was young. We upgraded our family pc and learned to make shitty bots for automating the boring parts of our games.

My uncle had a Raytheon at his work. He had an Apple ][ at home. He used to take me to his work and let me bang around, and used to let me game on the Apple. A little later I got a Sinclair Spectrum. Learning how to program on that eventually got me a summer job programming on an OpenGenera machine.

My father bought a win 95 pc when i was 1st grade

Escape

>How did YOU get into technology?
Video game addiction and middle school goals to make my own.

c

i dont, I just enjoy this subreddit

Asking the real questions

My friends and girlfriend moved, that's when I became a loser.

Family of engineers and my older brother was a really nerdy guy (into tech, vidya, tabletop games, SciFi books, etc), and most of his interests rubbed off onto me.

Attached: age of empires.jpg (780x439, 54K)

Isn't that part of the hacker manifesto?

Attached: 1548477878802.png (761x641, 453K)

excuse to hide that i only play videogames rather than go out

I miss you Terry

>got my own notebook at around 8 years old
>heard about something called "linux", installed ubuntu because why not
>terminal usage was almost mandatory at the time, spent a few days trying to setup ndiswrapper (oh the memories)
>after some time, learned shell script, then python, and so on
fun times

Attached: 1515241943426.gif (320x270, 514K)

>8 years old
>ubuntu
seems accurate

I started making Pokemon Rom hacks

Attached: 1470142694602.gif (492x376, 337K)

i was designated tech support for my family

Technology got into me

i'm not, i just wanted to see some more terry a davis memes

Comment.Value = true;

Unironically video games, and whether they want to admit it or not, it's the same for most of Jow Forums.

I wasn't good at sports and I wasn't that good at academics so I liked to play games and mess around with operating systems which eventually got me somewhere.

It started when ten-year-old me wanted to cheat at SimCity 2000 and I found instructions for hex-editing your save files with the DOS debug utility.

of course the video games themselves were because I was a sperg so none of the other kids liked me or wanted to be friends or do anything.

>Putt putt goes to the moon
holy shit I still have the pirated cd

Parents bought us a Commodore 64.

Gaming from a young age, a laptop was just a big Gameboy SP.

HTML scripts to play songs on my xanga
Idiot tier modifying macros in wow
Dad letting us play his copy of hand of fate and Kings quest
Partners parents being software engineers really pushed me into CS

Dad was a developer and put a desktop in my room when I was 12.

When i got my first Gameboy when I was 3.

Reading books and magazines. Learning programming, eventually getting an old computer.
No internet when I grew up...