Whats Jow Forumss opinion on rust? im trying to decide between c c++ or rust. ty

whats Jow Forumss opinion on rust? im trying to decide between c c++ or rust. ty

Attached: 1528884843474.gif (734x490, 258K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_deep_learning_software
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's fine I guess, but the languages has some very serious issues with its ecosystem and standard library.
Learn C and Rust anyway; stay away from the pile of filth known as C++.

C++ is terrible and every year the number of C++ jobs in the US has totally stagnated. Do NOT learn C++ if you want job security.

I'd recommend learning C++ before learning Rust. C++ isn't great but once you learn it you can quickly learn C and Rust. In fact, you'll probably appreciate Rust a bit more, as the move semantics that make modern C++ even tolerable are a lot better in Rust (they are all checked at compile time with the borrow checker)

Another reason I'd recommend learning C++ first is because many many open source projects are written in C++ and having a fluent understanding of the language means you can use a lot of open source stuff immediately.

>t. professional programmer working for one of FAANG

cute crab

>many many open source projects are written in C++
The number of "important" open-source projects is overwhelmingly in C, not C++.

Learn C

Rust is ok, if you do it solo though it can be hard because other people team up and have an unfair advantage. While you spend all your time gathering wood and stone to just keep your base alive, everyone else is getting big guns and explosives. If youre going to play it, would highly recommend a team mate

lol

C is a very simple language, learning C++ gives you most of C. Many important projects have a C ABI but most modern open source projects I've dealt with are written in C++

C++ is more employable. Rust is a better language and ecosystem. If it's your first language, choose neither and learn Python.

I don't know, I'm kinda put away by Rust. I'm looking to learn D alongside C++, so I'll have experience when weighing the pros and cons of each.

Learn C, C++ and THEN Rust or Go or whatever "C replacement" meme language

Is a less retarded C++ on all fronts:

>No weird syntax from legacy features and C compatibility.
>Actually good build tools.

It's way, way too hard to use in a real program because they focused the entire design on making it easier for "webslingers"

The borrow checker is too strict and gets in your way of thinking
Cute crab btw

I'd start with C. It's a neat language to have under your belt in any case. Avoid C++ like the plague unless you really need some obscure library not available in any other language

Attached: IMG_20180911_022601.jpg (580x581, 47K)

I want to fuck that crab

Learn C before C++ or Rust

Just use Ada like a sane person.

>It's a neat language
neet*

Ruby

C is a great place to start. Pick up C++ when you know the drawbacks of C well. Rust isn't going to be relevant for some time.

>rust is never going to be relevant
FTFY

take for example:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_deep_learning_software
Most of them are written in sepples.

play lang for soikuks without job, staying without job that will cry in 5 years for being without job and savings

even then, some of that is wrong. pytorch is written in C++ for example

There is a shitload more open source software than just the machine learning meme.
Go anywhere near the low-level linux userspace and most "important" libraries, and it's like 95% C.

install dlang

Spidermonkey and V8 are both written in C++. Since Dalvik is gone, V8 is the most used interpreter in the world.

don't be autistic and actually do something with a language. Remember, it's a tool, not a fucking religion.

ORANGE CRAB BAD

learn C, learn it well, then learn Rust.

rust the game and rust the language are unironically my two biggest hobbies

imagine actually believing this holy fuck lmao
webslingers can never into rust, because they can't understand pointers. it's a barrier they're not allowed to cross.

Standard lib is terrible, community is cancer, ownership model makes semantics unnecessarily complicated.
It's ok, I prefer golang for a recent meme language.

C = C++ without the fun bits

Rust = Retarded brain drain

C++ = powerful, flexible, fast, well supported, literally the best choice for every serious programming project

Another brainlet nigger

>for every serious programming project
that's where you have disclosed you're at most an intern/junior dev

but more likely a NEET who believes a single thing Jow Forums says