24+ GB of ram is starting to be coming the minimum for a casual-use PC in 2019 because the latest insanity is simple...

24+ GB of ram is starting to be coming the minimum for a casual-use PC in 2019 because the latest insanity is simple programs and app launchers requiring an entire web-browser's worth of overhead by using electron and javascript and having JITs and virtual machines and everything-is-on-the-heap allocations where doing a simple "foo"+"bar" requires 12kb of heap allocations and a garbage collection stall and programmer laziness is being welcomed at the expense of end-user resources. java and javascript and all those fucking web-dev languages can be honestly blamed for a global power usage epidemic where all your slack/discord chat applications and game launchers and websites with embedded crypto miners in them are at fault for a uniform increase in power and energy waste.

Learn C. Learn C++. Fuck even learn Rust. Just don't be a part of the problem.

Attached: nasa.webm (360x696, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

prettyuglylittleliar.net/topic/10146-jenna-lynn-meowri-cosplayer/?page=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

$ free -h
total used free shared buff/cache available
Mem: 15Gi 2.9Gi 6.1Gi 304Mi 6.6Gi 12Gi
Swap: 4.0Gi 0B 4.0Gi
Maybe only if you're a stupid winkid.
I have firefox open with about 50 tabs.

Attached: 1543319269793.jpg (906x1280, 153K)

I'm too much of a brainlet for C(++) so I'll just stick to JS.

>24+ GB of ram is starting to be coming the minimum for a casual-use PC in 2019
no

you just costed the world an extra kilowatt a day

how new are you
prettyuglylittleliar.net/topic/10146-jenna-lynn-meowri-cosplayer/?page=1

No it isn't. Why are you just blatantly making things up? Hyperbole only weakens whatever point you were trying to make about bloat, not strengthens it.

Why is everybody on Jow Forums so stupid and unable to communicate.at the most basic level without resorting to memes?

>caring about random coswhores
just jack off and move on
also what the hell is the deal with that site?

>because the latest insanity is simple programs and app launchers requiring an entire web-browser's worth of overhead
What fucking browser are you using?

>Learn C. Learn C++. Fuck even learn Rust. Just don't be a part of the problem.
99% of Jow Forums is retarded and shouldn't be using these languages because they are not systems programmers. The amount of times I've seen some Dunning-Kruger retard brag about using C where a scripting language would suffice and then proceeds to post code that's vulnerable or segfaults is unreal.

I'm not gonna lie, that's gotta be the cringiest website i've seen in a long time. And I reported quite a few of these girls to IRS

who da nasa girf?

What. You actually spent money on whores?
I wonder who the real loser is here. A frequent poster on Jow Forums or a literal loser like yourself.
Not even deserving of pity.

i think it's a woman. who else would know about these shitty catfights?
back to with you

ive seen you say this about five times now
you feeling okay dude

Benis moved but Heart didn't. 0/10. NEXT!

>fucking plastic

8gb of me is just fine for anything short of flight sims and video editing

Attached: 95F028B4-888C-4E9C-AFAA-5484BB065C36.jpg (220x139, 9K)

>be me
>senior UI designer
>user we want everything in javascript
>that's incredibly inefficient and will provide a poor experience for our end-users
>don't care, start using x meme frameworks and libraries right now pls
Can confirm that this is true, back when it was plain JavaScript it wasn't so bad, but the way everything is being done now is a fucking catastrophe.

16gb is required for java devs

ASAN??

what

>paying a competent C++ developer
>$100K+ annual salary plus additional employment benefits
>paying a sir to do the same thing in java that uses $20 worth of additional system resources
>one $1500 contract payment

Attached: pleasesir.png (762x192, 42K)

You mean 32 right?

> *wooshing and mega autism intensifies*

Name one such electron app that is both ubiquitous and easy enough to port to native.
>java
If java was a problem it wouldn't run on your sim card and credit card you turbo nigger.
you have to go back

This should be a campaign to make better programming languages more favorable. "Be efficient, save the planet." "High level programming languages use about a kilowatt extra a day. This equates to xx km3 of greenhouse gas emissions per year."

i wish they made 10gb ram sticks

She uses fake tits lol

Ugly girls hating on thots

Two problems:
1. The numbers are actually pathetic.
2. Nobody actually gives a shit about global warming.

Even garbage electron apps don't use over a few hundred megabytes of RAM, 8gb is still plenty. In fact it's your garbage C/C++ programs that require so much RAM to compile.

whores like this need to be sterilized so they can't reproduce
we allowed them to reproduce for too long and because whores can get so much sex as opposed to normal women the result is the hypersexual society we live in now
now we have the tools to stop it
why aren't we doing anything?

>implying they give a shit

sachiko a slut

Lol at you nerds talking about C+++ and Java
I use 16gb for my BIDIO GAYMES

IceCat with 16 tabs open, Ripcord, ClamWin, Wacom and Nvidia drivers running in the background.

Don't get me started on my GNU/Linux setups, I don't get past 2GB on them.

Attached: ram.png (646x593, 21K)

You're already doing you're part by not breeding with her

>1 kilowatt
Try again

Is it problem that I'm more interested in her jiggling thighs than her cow tits?

Hold down ctrl+tab in your browser, wait for all the circles to stop spinning, and run the command again

Anybody that uses too many programs at once uses a lot of memory.
But telling people that 24GB is minimum is retarded.
4GB is enough, with 6GB you are completely safe for most cases.
I've used to have minimal system on 2GB machine some time ago, it was pain when os starts swapping.
On my new computer I'm slightly passing 4GB by having dozen of tabs in multiple browsers and several dev servers running.
What the fuck are you doing on your computer?

Show processes tab

Stop posting this whore. It is disgusting.

And what lead you to this ridiculous opinion?

They're all active and loaded.

>costed
>power per day

wtf pajeet

JS users should be made to wear a little yellow star in public.

>upset that a cosplayer wears fake shit

Do it faggot

FAGGOT

>software is heavy and slow because resources are abundant

todays devs dont have any limitations, they wont write efficient programs because they dont have to

I'll admit it - I have an old pc because I am poorfag

My friends and I areusing mumble - it's fast, snappy, works flawlessly everytime, sometimes creators update it and betas work as good as stable releases. Not once has it lagged or stopped working.

discord - it updates every fucking time I run it yet nothing ever changes and it looks and works the same - like shit, it runs slow, always loads the fucking chat that you cannot switch off to not see it, eats up resources. There is a fucking delay between ptt and actual mic activation.

This is the kind of difference I am talking about. People with modern machines wont notice but I can see that without hardware limitations - software will turn to shit. So is Windows - its fucking bloating.

>muh sim card
>running a full-blown Java EE stack, tons of graphical shit libraries and all the other shit that comes with an IDE is the same as that

>let me take this really convenient niche example that will make my point look valid
This is such a stupid argument, you can have a bloated stack with every language and certainly no one forces you to use it. Even so, i'll bite:

First of all java ee is dead.
Second of all, it's not even Java, it's a superset.
Third of all newer versions of the jdk come in modules so you can customize your runtime with only what you need, thus no bloat.
>that comes with an IDE
Correct me if I'm wrong but you think java is bloated because some ide comes preinstalled with this stuff? Can't help but be dumbfounded, however I suggest looking into an IDE that asks you what to install before or actually paying attention when configuring one.

Based

Honestly?
Learn Java. But LEARN Java.
How the jvn works, how it allocates memory, when it allocates memory, etc.
Get rid of the premature optimization meme and stop doing things in tbe fastest and most wasteful way.
Then you will produce protable software with acceptable performance and memory footprints.

This was truly the greatest betrayal

Attached: angery_possum.png (400x386, 156K)

Her tits are fake. Not sillicon fake, but plastic/rubber over the bra fake

it's a problem that you base your sexuality's problems on what Jow Forums anons will tell you

Not using as much RAM as required for a compile is a waste of time as you are now using cycles for streaming. If you can load everything into RAM and optimize from that why wouldn't you?

You have to factor in that managed language runtimes and browser engines (including Electron) will use more RAM if you have it. This allows them to run garbage collection less often, cache data for longer, etc. If you have 16 GB of RAM you're going to notice much higher usage than someone with only 4 GB.

I'm not a gamer hater but you're retarded if you think even 16GB is the minimum for casual use PC even in 2019.

Reminder that casual use is word, Excel, Facebook, YouTube and maybe 4k media consumption.

Rendering, video or photo work, gaming, and professional development like cad etc... Is all professional and enthusiast use and would be totally justified saying 24GB is tearing up as the standard but I don't see many boards supporting true 3 channel. If I were building a new PC I would minimum be going for 4x8GB sticks. Only reason I wouldn't do 16GB sticks is because of the autistic need to minimize indexes and whatnot.

>going from 8 to 24
nah
16 is enough

why would anyone get this worked up over something like this

I struggle filling up 16GB in a reasonable way

Incoming 200+ post cancer thread.

>her