Why can't websites stop using java script?

Why can't websites stop using java script?

Attached: 1546843841820.jpg (1024x788, 81K)

because the alternatives suck
>he thinks web assembly will become adopted by everyone
LMAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What else then?

because they will not be able to spy on you and use your resources instead of server.

They want to spy on you

And also most client side web laugaunges are expansions of js

Attached: 32F7897E-9C11-4061-A095-8E32531AFD46.jpg (220x139, 9K)

Business wants to make money. Sell data, sell use of data, or use data to maximize sell.

People wants job, learns all sorts of convoluted JavaScript frameworks and side projects to get interview. When it comes time to make decision on tech, they choose JavaScript shenanigans because that's what they are most familiar with at this point. And the cycle continues.

Massive companies can can also save some money by making it client side rendering.

Saw a gmail developer JavaScript is important to spam protection and security.

>not disabling JavaScript by default
Enjoy getting hacked

because it is the fastest and best option out there. what else do you want php, ruby, python, or just pure html?

>disabling JavaScript by default
Enjoy no websites working at all

because javascript enables dev to gather information about your hardware, localtime, ip address and mac address so the NSA will never allow Javascript to be removed from world wide web consortium

i have it disabled and it's surprising how few really need it

how can you browse Jow Forums without js?

A lot of website work without JavaScript if you can get past the first page.

For example the homepage here (4channel) doesnt work with JS off. However, there's no problem browsing with JS off whatever section Jow Forums or /his/ or Jow Forums etc.

JavaScript is a scam.

4 c x

>how can you browse Jow Forums without js?
have you tried to turn it On and Off again

Attached: Turn JS OFF.webm (1052x904, 1.81M)

lol

>he thinks that wasm isnt already implemented in real world
lmaoing at your life rn

The advertisers, user!

And you can't even use WebAssembly without JavaScript at the moment :l

> webassembly
It's just a portable format for precompiled js-bytecode. It does not solve any >muh security and >muh performance issues

JS does not have access to hardware you fucking retard. Your IP address is visible when you connect to server, no need to run JS for that.

It's so they can track you and use your computer to mine crypto and serve you ads that block the content you want to see.

1px blank gif link can track more info from you than any JS code you are retarded

I always get a laugh out of retards who have no idea how JS or the web works post these schizo threads.

>b-but they will collect my IP if I turn js on!
They can collect your IP the second you hit the server to request the page, it has nothing to do with front-end, unless the application is only front-end then maybe? but doesn't solve your problem like you say it does.

>they will sell my data if I turn JS on
What does that even mean? You know nobody gives a shit if you scroll on a page, right? All the info is when you submit to the server and make a post or buy something, and they can store it in the database or collect it some other way...This has nothing to do with front-end JS.
Sure some sites do excessively monitor things inside SPAs(very rare) but if you could browse the site with JS disabled, every time you make an action they could just as well log it there too..There's really no difference in what important info they could monitor with or without JS.

>I'm so much safer with my JS off!!
You realize JS can't do anything to your PC, right? It can't run a command. The most you can do is make you download a file or visit another URL, the worst case scenario you'd just have to not accept the file download or close the page on a malicious site.

Yes you should always use adblockers to stop cancer sites from being cancer, but 99.999% of websites just use JS to try make your life better.

>You realize JS can't do anything to your PC, right?
No, they don't.

>or just pure html?
Yes, this. Active content on the web was a mistake.

>You realize JS can't do anything to your PC, right? It can't run a command.
Most browser exploits depend on the ability to run JS. You're giving an attacker code execution by allowing JS, they just have to escape the sandbox. You made their job a lot easier.

>Yes you should always use adblockers to stop cancer sites from being cancer, but 99.999% of websites just use JS to try make your life better.
Infinite scrolling does not make my life better. Re-implementing UI features that exist in HTML5 and CSS3 doesn't make my life better. Chat boxes and comments sections do not make my life better. And - the gripping hand - ads and spyware do not make my life better. They make it worse. Most websites that use JS most definitely do not use it to make my life better. They use it to do things that are at best pointless and at worst actively malicious.

damn from what era of mankind is that Firefox version?

>people are too stupid to use real languages
>businesses need cheap code monkeys
>wat do
>teach em JS and make em create web apps
thats about it

Let's say I'm visiting my favorite video converter website. There are 3 banners. I right click, get their IP and add to a block list. Next time I visit the banners fail to connect.

Attached: 127.0.0.1.jpg (696x663, 77K)

I can still remember those days. People described software as art back then.

Attached: Picasso.gif (500x274, 382K)

And you can put a keylogger in CSS? And there are HTML and browser specific exploits? What's your point?

By your logic you should stop breathing because you could walk somewhere and breathe in something that could harm you.

>Windoze
>art
Huh

>turn off javascript
>go to website
>get a blank page

Attached: 1546695634578.jpg (512x422, 29K)

>What's your point?
That even if there are other exploit vectors, its worthwhile security to close off huge classes of them at once by not including a language interpreter in the browser. Especially when it gets you, the user, almost nothing worthwhile, just bloat and spying.

ITT people without any tech knowledge thinks active content is a problem while in reality JS is just safely sandboxed in the browser. Without JS any click on links or page load would have the same result regarding your "data" . The only difference is that JS can also see the scroll and check how average people behave in the website to improve website engagement. Wow such a scam!

delusional schizos, this guy is right >they just have to escape the sandbox
yeah easy task "maybe" 30 years ago, now the sandbox is secure (nothing is secure from NSA-level shit but then you might as well not use a pc or phone or internet)

the rest of your comment is a jargon on what you subjectively prefer on a website. No one gives a shit about you.

ever heard of AB testing? major websites like google or facebook continuously uses it to validate new features and see if the engagement grows, so if YOU don't need them I dont care, the average people prefers that and enjoy them more than not having those features

> mom JS spying on me. I did not understand what I'm talking about but I'm feeeling it!

> being so blind and paranoid
> not knowing the sandbox or any clue of web development
b-b-but I am smarter than other p-p-p-p-people

>JS can also see the scroll and check how average people behave in the website to improve website engagement. Wow such a scam!
this but unironically
"""analytics""" and all that """engagement""" bullshit is cancer. When did we get so many ad-industry shills here?

Because that's how the world works?
>it doesn't harm you
>improves a product
>people with no idea what they are even complaining about get upset because they think using the word "bloat" makes them 1337

>"""analytics""" and all that """engagement""" bullshit is cancer.
translated:

> I do know nothing about enterprises, websites and all the business around it
> I expect people to browse websites like youtube for free, I'm sure I can do it better with a couple of arduinos and a raspberry pi, surely it won't cost millions

come back on earth with us please

nice pron.

>People described software as art back then.
Which explains why it degenerated to what it is today.
Software is not art, it's a tool of philosophy.

Attached: 1533182762365.jpg (538x563, 125K)

Hey man welcome to 2019! hope your time travel was cool, right now we have the internet in our pockets with some small bricks called smartphones.... but one thing at a time, ever heard of the internet?

Youtube shouldn't exist. and now that it does the web would be a better place if privacy technologies and ad-blocking drove it out of business.

>Why can't websites stop using java script?
A whole lot of websites could easily not use JavaScript. If you're just serving some page with some text on it then there's zero need for it. It's pathetic that I sometimes follow links to a news site or similar and get a totally blank page. That's just stupid.

Then there really are a whole lot of cases where you just can't make a site function the way you want it to without JS. You just can't pull data from a websocket and present it as a graph by using HTML and CSS.

>muh security
>blaming it on the language
get back to work pajeet

>Youtube shouldn't exist
stopped reading there. Stupid delusional argument, I won't even bother replying as it's blatantly stupid

> durrr ferraris shouldn't exist!!!111!!

but they do fella autist, they do.

seeing the other retards in the thread I expect an answer like

" you don't need graphs in websites "

you just can't win again wilful ignorance

wtf are you even talking about cocksucker?
who cares about scrolling? read the first posts again retard

Why does your captcha work without javascript?

How many websites use dynamic graphs? 1%?

Build the pages at server side and send them to the user as pure html5 and CSS with minimal js (

>Why does your captcha work without javascript?
idk it just works
there are a few website you can log into without JS
you cant shop on ebay or anything

Attached: no JS on CAPTCHA.webm (1052x900, 2.58M)

This. Client side JS is a huge gray area that probably technically falls afoul of the Computer Misuse Act.

html

Java

I'm taking and intro to Javascript class in my college
I go there today

Imagine posting like this
Just get a pass

I don't even care about the security issues.

I just want to point out how utterly retarded webshit JS programmers are. The left-pad incident alone is proof positive that the braindead morons who write Javascript daily shouldn't be allowed anywhere near anything remotely important to civilized society.

I agree but then again most of the web isn't anything remotely important to civilized society.

Good luck suing any of these shit companies wasting cycles on your CPU.
Although, I wonder if anyone has tried to calculate how much energy these companies are actually wasting with all their JS pollution.

Attached: GreenEnergy.jpg (640x424, 23K)

It really is super inefficient. And google deserves it's lashing in it's recent court case.

>I wonder if anyone has tried to calculate how much energy these companies are actually wasting with all their JS pollution.
If someone did do that, these companies would shit themselves and if an individual did it, he better have guns.