>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti | If you can't afford to spend 350 dollar on a CPU go with AMD.
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3400CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060, RX 570, RX 580 are standard choices
>RTX 2060 thanks to 6gb vram only good for 1080p or as a short-term solution; consider 1070/Ti or Vega56 ONLY if on sale
1440p
>RTX 2070; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56 ONLY if on sale
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is the standard choice but Vega7 launch is soon so better wait
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: luy6kvb99viz.png (958x1274, 1.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/fthgjy
asus.com/Motherboards/P6T_Deluxe/?SearchKey=P6T Deluxe/
pcpartpicker.com/list/Hy4d29
pcpartpicker.com/list/qpBcLJ
pcpartpicker.com/product/zRkwrH/gskill-memory-f43000c15d16gvr
pcpartpicker.com/product/ZLNv6h/v-color-skywalker-prism-rgb-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3000-memory-tl48g30s8ksrgb15
pcpartpicker.com/product/gVcMnQ/gskill-memory-f43000c15d16gvs
pcpartpicker.com/list/VDwzLJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why are the linked builds for high fps recommending a 2600x when the 9600k is cheaper AND better?

>2600x $200 dollars
>9600k $244 dollars

Attached: 1548093064244.png (1882x2055, 400K)

$44 isnt that bad a deal unless you replace your CPU every other week

don't forget the added cost of cooler and more expensive z390 board.

It won't be 244 for long.

Attached: 9600k.vs.2600x.jpg (1008x710, 191K)

need to transport my PC in the trunk of my car for a long ass distance, what components should i remove?

Attached: 1517987756972.png (563x478, 319K)

>mfw sold division 2 code that came with my 2600
>6c 12t for $110

Attached: mac.webm (490x360, 738K)

Which m.2 drive should i get?

remove the gpu and that should be it really, unless you don't have your HDDs and SSDs secured with screws in which case remove those as well.

my advisor suggest i build my own pc for research (machine learning fuckery) never built before but this is what i've come up with for my budget of ~$1100:

pcpartpicker.com/list/fthgjy

any advice would be appreciated

You don't even get the code until game's out
Amdrones lying once again

>RTX 2060 thanks to 6gb vram only good for 1080p or as a short-term solution
kek

Yeah the shills are back on force now that vega 7nm is dogshit and they are trying to cope by shitting the OP again.

There's not one game where 6gb is not enough yet. They will just keep on ignoring every tech reviewer saying it's the best perf/price for 1440p.

Hello, after like 4-5 years of ignoring the PC industry, I have decided to upgrade my CPU from i3-4130 but then

Man what happened I felt like I was living under a rock, is AMD really a thing now? I have a 150~200 dollar budget

get bent user

Attached: chucklehead.png (699x381, 42K)

How does my build look? I took some advice I got on here a couple days ago and got better ram and a better ssd.

Attached: build list 1-29 condensed.png (547x1706, 367K)

How much memory do you need if you have like 30-50 chrome tabs? is 16 gb enough???

I mean it depends on the game really.
Wicher 3 on Ultra uses only 1.5gb of VRAM but it's a 4 year old game by now. Kingdom Come Deliverance with the optional HD Texture Pack installed eats about 3.5gb. Assassin Creed Odyssey needs 4gb, Shadow of the Tomb Raider 5gb and the newest Far Cry 5.5 gb when maxed out. All on 1080p that is. Vega is shit and I would never recommended anyone to buy that pille of trash but 6gb of VRAM can very well be not enough sooner than we expect because the devs don't give a single fuck about optimising their assets.

was looking into getting a super budget pc, I don't have too much money right now. I'm aware it will have lots of issues like not being able to upgrade most things and a power limit for GPUs

are there better options for a cheap prebuilt than the optiplex 990 or hp z400?

how bad of an idea is it to pick up an optiplex 990 or hp z400 for 90$~ and an rx 570 for 110$

for 180-200 USD depending on the deals I can find, I could have an 8GBram/i7/rx 570 PC, that seems like an insanely good deal. I have like a total of 250 I could spend on a pc right now, and I already have a monitor and a mouse and shit. is this the best deal possible for my budget?

depends on what tabs got. different web pages have different memory requirements. example: watching 5 twitch streams at once will use more ram than loading up 40 gelbooru tabs

Mostly Jow Forums threads, wikis and shit. I rarely stream. Also usually coupled with 2 Nox players, a photoshop, couple of paint windows and other stuff.

My system slows to crawl since it takes up my current 12 gb setup

Does it matter if the ram itself isn t triple channel configuration but I use 3 sticks of ram that are the same in a triple channel motherboards?

power supply is overkill. Take cheaper motherboard, power supply, case and use money for better videocard.

>he ram itself isn t triple channel configuration
Sorry, what?

I have an x58 asus p6t deluxe mobo lying around and I wanna make use of it.

If you're building it for gaming get more memory, at least a 1TB hard drive

You know how that ram is marketed as dual Chanel, triple Chanel , quad Chanel and so on, I was wondering it that matters?

Which processor will do better with emulators for the next generation? Want to play some old wii/wiiU games in 4k.

>processor more expensive than GPU
>HDD
>no NVME
>400 wat overkill
>fancy case with shitty airflow

>Triple channel
user don't do that, do either dual channel or quad channel. That means either 2 sticks or 4 sticks, if you do 1 stick or 3 sticks your RAM is going to be slower and it will affect performance

>that pic
fanboyism is disgusting

9600k gets stomped on by oc'd r5 1600 though lmao

my mother board supports it .. .
asus.com/Motherboards/P6T_Deluxe/?SearchKey=P6T Deluxe/

It doesn't matter.

Well why is that, all the x58 fanboys say that the triple Chanel is what make the x58 mobos worth.

Now that 2080s are coming down in price, should i just bite the bullet and buy one or wait for Vega7? All the parts are here, just need a GPU.

anons

good cpu + gpu combo
shit case and failgate hdd
psu is good w/ japanese caps and will give you headroom for more powerful components in the future. keep it.

no... it doesn't matter what the ram says. it's just ram

dual channel is noticeably better than single channel, but the benefits of triple or even quad channel won't be seen unless you're using the machine as a server.

Recommendation from a xp gaming pc? I want something reliable with low tdp that can run xp and all the golden age games.

Attached: pyXKYW9NhPs7jemBir9Rfz48oUt.jpg (1000x1500, 252K)

post naughty riley first

4gb 800mhz ddr2, 8800gtx or 285, core2quad or phenom 2
but modern hardware isn't really the issue trying to run older games.

this is my first gaming pc. please help. at max budget right now.
pcpartpicker.com/list/Hy4d29

anyone?

looking to exclusively play overwatch

>thermal paste
why?
>2400 RAM on an APU
why?
>250GB HDD
WHY?
>18.5" 720p
Surely just buy a PS4 at this point?

never been more disgusted with a pc build in my life.
Please kill yourself.
>looking to exclusively play overwatch
I think you mean LoL

Attached: giphy.gif (500x500, 1.57M)

>The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated with a PCIe-based M.2 drive, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled.

I dun get this...

>overwatch
>that shit budget
Yikes. Ok heres my tip for everyone instead of wasting money on shit games just save by pirating single player games and dont buy dead trash games like overwatch. This way you can afford much better pc that can run everything in 4k. I always cringe at you retards spending hundreds on games and then playing with your shitty 1050tis and locked i5s.

none of you faggots in the market for a 700 dollar gpu? you all buying 580s and used 1080s for 350 bucks?

I'm only buying one game.
planning on getting a better cpu cooler later where I can overclock it. supossedly all the rage is to overclock 2200Gs. I don't see anything wrong with my ram
no u

Give me one reason to waste money on a piece of shit thats rtx or vega 7.

>nobody

Attached: 1459989086103.jpg (400x370, 42K)

Because a PC needs a GPU. A really powerful one especially since that PC that is meant to run vidya at 1440p/60+/almost-ultra settings for the next 3 years.

pcpartpicker.com/list/qpBcLJ

I currently have a GTX 770, a 1080p monitor, couple of HDD and 620W power supply. I usually do heavy multitasking with chrome and a fuckton tabs + emulators. Also do some image editing, drawing and blender tasks. I rarely play real games nowadays. I only have a seanigger budget of 400~450 USD. Also I have a really old metal case.

>nvidia develops switch hardware
>amd helps develop processors for sony and micro
>???
JUST BUY RYZEN 3

What's a decent mouse? Every $30 mouse I've bought died after like 1-2 fucking years. It's always one small thing, like the mouse wheel fucking up or the sensor going haywire.

please honestly. You really really shouldn't ever touch a pc if that's what your deciding to get.
That's your budget limit and its the most atrocious thing i've ever seen.
I would never wish it on my most grievous enemies.
Please do us and yourself a favour and buy a ps5.
No jokes and if your a troll good for you. I'm not communicating with you any further.

Attached: WEB_PHOTO_ZUMA_POLICY_19_PM_190516.jpg (1024x683, 388K)

>here is me still using my budget $6 mouse 5 years later.
You must be a retard with it's use.

Name one game worth playing that looks good enough to warrant playing in 1440p on ultra. If you want to play console ports just buy a console its much cheaper than any of those gpus.

the division 2

It means unless you just want the form factor you're wasting your money on M2

REmake2

>switch is a piece of shit that cant even handle doom
>ps4 and xbox play games in 4k
Why do people still buy nvidia?

>$6 mouse
>5 years
That just means you don't do shit you idiot. Probably browse only browse Jow Forums and Facebook. I actually use my computer.

Getting a new PSU

How should I test it so I know it works fine if I can't reach full load with my build?

Also that thing has a 10 year warranty but I'm fairly sure it can get dusty in that amount of time, how do you clean it without losing the warranty? I used to open these fuckers but now I bought a PSU that's worth something.

Can be run on 1070/1070ti which are 300$ at most
I said worth playing

Fuck me. Here's the build I did with that

What do you people recommend?

See, this is where I would say "what's the point of it looking good if the game's gonna be shit anyways"

metro exodus
The Outer Worlds
Minecraft 4k

Why would i build a rig, that is supposed to last me 3+ years(gpu) for games that are out right now? I want to play Cyberpunk too and all the other shit that is still years from release.

sorry whats a seanigger?
get a cheap b350 board instead. Any ryzen mobo starting with a "A" can't be overclocked.
try one of these rams instead
>pcpartpicker.com/product/zRkwrH/gskill-memory-f43000c15d16gvr
>pcpartpicker.com/product/ZLNv6h/v-color-skywalker-prism-rgb-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3000-memory-tl48g30s8ksrgb15
>pcpartpicker.com/product/gVcMnQ/gskill-memory-f43000c15d16gvs
They're about $10 more but the lower CAS(15) means they'll run faster. Which'll amount to alot for you in the long run.
Pic somewhat related.

Attached: aida64-ddr4-clock-speeds.png (692x626, 24K)

This, its 2019 and people are still dumb enough to play ubisoft games. No wonder they are also dumb enough to fall for rtx meme. I bet they also believe """""reviewers""""" which for some reason always get even up to 40fps less on their reviews than i do in games.

stay below 60% max wattage under full load. so a 8700k/2080 build should go for at least 650-700w.

the division 2 will be great. it's the dark horse videogame of 2019. It will basically be borderlands 3

Might as well then go for 2080ti because we have no idea when cyberpunk will be released or what kind of specs it will require. Shit argument.

I struggle to think of that many games worth a shit these days to warrant having to buy a nice GPU/CPU. I google benchmarks with the new hardware and from the same 15/20 titles, of which many run like absolute ass and aren't that good looking, there's maybe one worth playing

>metro exodus
Yikes
>the outer worlds
Dunno about that but its nu-obsisian so 99% yikes
>minecraft 4k
Good game but lets be real minecraft in 4k lol.

Aight. My build is not too good (I plan to upgrade to a Ryzen 3700X whenever that comes out). I have an i5 4460 and a RX570, I was told 650W was overkill but I went for that anyways, it was not much more expensive.

doom eternal
Starfield
Rage 2

Yeah exactly my point. just dumb consumerist whores buying stuff thats literally 100% overpriced.

1080Tis are 2.5 years old now, right? So can you think of a game that a 1080Ti barely gets 60fps at 1440p right now(with link to benchmark)? Because by the time the 20 series is 2.5 years old CP will be out easily and i don't think that a 2080, let alone a 2080Ti, will be too weak for solid 60fps at 1440p.

>That just means you don't do shit you idiot. Probably browse only browse Jow Forums and Facebook. I actually use my computer.
true, I play with controllers.
but it's the same with my work computer. The only time I had a mouse break was when i was purposely acting like a retard for a week and rolled the scroller up and down violently whilst waiting for pages to load.

>doom
Vulkan ergo can be run in 4k on 580
>starfield
Bethesda all i have to say
>rage 2
Text book definition of mediocre.

pcpartpicker.com/list/VDwzLJ

Thanks, I have updated it.

It's good I didn't spend much for my GPU (125€ for a RX570 8GB), I don't have to care about this faggotry

Alright then guy. You know what you can't do on a 580? Realistic virtual 4k pussy fucking realtime action. Get a scan of your favorite babe and gaze into the high def crevice with the power of mama sue's seven nanometer powerhouse vega 7

that's a valid point and i'll give you that, but we were talking about games.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/qpBcLJ
let me warn you that because that ram is so budget and obscure when you install it it may be running at a lower speed then what is rated on the box.
like lets say 2400mhz.
You'll have to go into bios and there should be pre-sets(I forgot what it's called). But you basically just select 2666mhz or 3000 or 3200 blah blah.
if you want you could try overclocking the ram yourself and tightening timings provided you don't go over 1.5V like a retard.

B350 won't work with that CPU, you need a B450.
Don't know why that user suggested that.

>high def crevice with the power of mama sue's
I wanna dive into mommy sues higd def crevice if you know what I mean.

>B350 won't work with that CPU, you need a B450.
Sorry dude. This guys right. I havn't been around for awhile. B350's are for old ryzen 1XXX series sorry.

gottem
based

B350 boards will work with a 2xxx series Ryzen CPU. You just need to update the BIOS.

>B350 boards will work with a 2xxx series Ryzen CPU. You just need to update the BIOS.
its more hassle than its worth.

>You just need to update the BIOS
Well yeah, obviously. The point is that isn't exactly practical when you could just get a board that's already compatible for the same price.

Soooooooo, you got nothing, huh? Thought so. Never post again.

Yeah, I'm just saying that they will work, not that it will be hassle free. If you can get a very good deal on a B350 board and a lower end Ryzen chip it's worth it, otherwise just get a B450 board.