Pocofone

Hello fa/g/gots, is there any other smartphone I should consider for this price point?

Attached: pocof1-blk-1.jpg (1200x1200, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-pocophone-f1
gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/xiaomi-poco-f1-widevine-l1-support-miui-update-1936042
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hope you're not from the US, it doesn't have the cellular bands to support American carriers

Nope, from Europe

>Another phone thread

Go away Pajeet, you androgynous shit skin.

Attached: Goofy Indian.jpg (800x600, 48K)

In Europe its the best value for that money.

Best you're gonna get from Europe then, it's got a SD845 at that price range. No one can really beat Xiaomi's "sale at a loss" sale strategy

Same situation in Australia? I'm in the market for a new phone because my Woolworths $100 ($50 back on Eftpos Card) phone is fucked and I hate it.
Looking for best quality-price, not a fashion accessory.

I have no complaints, other than the LCD in lieu of OLED screen.

LCD > OLED
I'd rather have better whites and not having to babysit my screen

oh, and the camera module is actually really good if you shoot dng (jpegs have rather heavy-handed noise-reduction, but have very pretty colours and tonality right out-of-the-camera). too bad there aren't any really good open source camera apps in -fdroid that can take advantage of the camera2 api.

I'd rather have better viewing angles, better colours and true blacks.

Attached: DSC_8089.jpg (2250x3000, 1.29M)

>Better viewing angles
What the fuck do you do with your phone?
>Better colours
Yeah, oversaturated colours are better ken
>True blacks
Another fucking meme
And you get all of this by sacrificing whites (most webpages have white background), never being allowed to use max brightnes, hide screen buttons and notification bars, and a screen that degrades faster (even without burn ins, OLED colours change overtime).

considering getting a redmi note 5 im not gayming on a phone and dont need a good camera

Check bands.
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-pocophone-f1

One thing I can recommend is, get Google Camera for it. You can find the APKs on XDA or on Celso Azevedo's site. Though XDA is probably a good way to find the best optimized for the Pocophone

Wait two months and get RN7P, RN5 is only a marginal upgrade to RN3P

the colours are not oversaturated, android is capable of colour management these days. it's just that lcds can't even display such saturated colours that oleds can. why would anyone want to limit their display colour gamut purposefully?

as for the viewing angles, your screen is never a point-like light source, it's a two-dimensional object with width and height, and hence most of the surface is always viewed off-angle and in a lcd screen, this will hurt the contrast, colours and black level even more. if your screen's nominal contrast ratio is given as 1000:1, the contrast ratio can drop to 200:1 in the corners of the image even though you screen is viewed straight-on just because of the limited viewing angles.

true blacks are not a meme when using the screen in dark environment. I mean, the "black" lcd still lights up my bedroom enough that I can navigate within its glow without any effort. as for the oled colour shift, lcd suffers from the same, but in the backlights' led: their colour changes with age, temperature and voltage (brightness). my lumia, that I bought over a decade ago, has not suffered any burn-in, mostly because the folks at microsoft were competent enough to design a UI for oled usage in mind.

Attached: DSC_7495.jpg (1600x1068, 145K)

Cheap android phone from Chingistan sound like a brilliant win-win, but I can assure you that they are not. The vast majority of chinese manufacturers have no idea what "the customer journey" means.

From someone that owns a Homtom here's what you can expect...

No software updates..... EVER.
The version of android you get out of the box is the same version it will hold when you throw it away. And don't hope & prey for any kind of optimised Paranoid or homebrew build, nobody will make one because nobody gives a shit about this one in a billion other "too good to be true" phones from China.

Core apps will not officially work.
Netflix, Spotify and probably a shit-ton of other apps that you want will not be officially supported. You "can" grab an old .apk, but it will run and look like shit and never update.

Forget casting (chromecast, smart-tv etc).
Won't work and if it does it will look like you're casting from a x386 from 1994.

When you buy a device from your region's market it is optimised for YOUR region and unless your region is China expect a miserable experience.

>No software updates..... EVER.
Who gives a fucking shit about official updates when the Poco has gotten official custom ROM builds in less than a month? Also, those official OEM updates and firmwares are bundled with telemetry.
>Core apps
>music streaming services
I don't even know what to say.
>Netflix
gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/xiaomi-poco-f1-widevine-l1-support-miui-update-1936042
>Spotify and probably a shit-ton of other apps that you want will not be officially supported. You "can" grab an old .apk, but it will run and look like shit and never update.
Sources, examples, no? Stop spreading literal FUD.
>When you buy a device from your region's market it is optimised for YOUR region and unless your region is China expect a miserable experience.
You can't buy the Chinese version of any Xiaomi devices in Europe period. Some phones were flashed by the resellers in the past and all of them were pulled back.

Honor View 20. It's about 200 € more expensive, but it comes with a 179 € smartwatch. And the View 20 is a great phone capable of competing with top phones.

True, LCD is way better than OLED. OLED is a failed tech that should not be used.

>I mean, the "black" lcd still lights up my bedroom enough that I can navigate within its glow without any effort.
If this is true, your LCD is awful.
>as for the oled colour shift, lcd suffers from the same, but in the backlights' led: their colour changes with age,
I'm leaning towards this being total bullshit, but even if it's not, it's nowhere near the blue hell that OLED ends up in.
>temperature
Why am I guessing this means at 120C when I'm near death it gets a slight tint?
>and voltage (brightness).
So I can just change it back then, unlike the OLED blue tint.

>my lumia, that I bought over a decade ago, has not suffered any burn-in
And every single Samsung I see has a jarring blue tint on the screen.

I don't give a shit what you use, personally I prefer IPS or VA because I really detest having to worry about a screen's life span. Use OLED if you want, but some of this is a lie and we know it.

well, the light blocking polarizer layer can only block so much light. partial solution to that would be to double the polarization layer, but that would require quadrupling the backlight's power, and that's not going to happen in a mobile device (nor on the desktop, it seems). this is exacerbated when using a display with fixed brightness, such as profiled displays set at standard brightness of 120 candelas per square metres (very common value for colour managed displays in retouching usage). *then* the high black level of your average liquid crystal display is just plain bad when viewing anything dark. hell, the oft-complained about "cloudiness" seen in OLED panels is ten to hundred times lower in luminosity than the "black" level of any LCD panel.

not to mention, compared to oled or crt, the well-known lackluster motion reproduction of liquid crystals is just sad to see, everything turns to a blurry mess outside some "gaming" TN panels since the gray-to-gray is measured in tens of milliseconds, not in microseconds.

various types of LCDs are just a stop-gap technology when moving towards self-emitting displays, and a plain downgrade from phosphor-based displays that only managed to propagate thanks to its cheap price in face of better technologies.

do a search on google scholar about temperature-and-voltage-dependance of colour temperature of leds and you'll find papers and measurements detailing the phenomenon.

I forgot to mention that LEDs lose about 30 percent of their peak lightness with age, most of that withing the first months of their lifespan.

Nice notch, loser