/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>IEM general for ear dildo recos
Previous thread:

Attached: 9cdeb90bd3e99219682c0df23675a9a8.jpg (647x905, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5KDS4u8-D4Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_amplifier
amazon.com/gp/product/B0017HA3P2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/104764
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for beyers
where are the milkers

>milkers
this is the nolewd thread with extra spice for those who get triggered by iemg

Reposting from old thread
>~$200 more or less
>Yurope
>Phone, laptop mostly. No amp but could buy in the future
>Full-size
>Closed
>As comfy as possible
>Warm or neutral
>ath m50, currently hd558
So right now I have hd558's which I'm very happy with for using at home, but in the near future I'll be traveling extensively so I need new headphones to accomodate for this need.
Noise cancellation is a massive plus for me, but this shouldn't impede the comfort or audio quality too much. I can cash in more for noise cancelling headphones.

I've tried those already actually, didn't find them very comfy

nuramale cuck here. Seriously, these aren't HALF bad. Very comfortable, you forget about the dildos, but they do add more dynamics to the sound. It doesn't crush the skull like the fucking MSR7s, I see myself wearing it for an extended time without feeling tired or my ears hurting despite it being a bit weighty. Blocks out outside noise well enough, and build quality is solid.

The 'personalised' equaliser setting was actually pretty good too, the setting I got was relatively uncoloured, so I didn't mind it that much. The difference from neutral to "personalised" was subtle but noticeable enough.

The "front row immersion" shit is dumb as fuck though. Waste of time. And it's dependence on extra software is a bit annoying.

Sure, it's an overpriced, meme-y, tryhard hipster retarded crowdfunded shit, but it does make sense and has the potential. Too bad it's too meme-y and expensive for people to actually give it a chance, considering there are arguably better wireless headphones with more features out there.

Oh well, at least I get to experience it. I'll come back in a week to report on how it is to live with.

the only thing your budget is going to buy that's more comfy than the qc25 is the sennheiser HD 569 but their sound quality isn't that great and the isolation is nothing to write home about
there's not a whole lot of actually decent closed headphones unlike open ones

Shitter ignorant boomer with onboard audio connected to computer speakers and MDR 7506's.

How do I into DAC's and better audio without breaking the bank?

Attached: 1368301819091.png (540x719, 708K)

Welcome to the town of Nobass! Here, we serve hearty Mudbeers and screaming Sourgrapes directly taken from the tears of a mad virgin to soothe you before you climb the hardened Mt Screech, the impassible wall that sits between you and the 7 wonders of the veiled valley.

Attached: hd600graph.png (662x406, 68K)

stax

Attached: 20180819_192101.jpg (3264x1836, 1.38M)

you are but a little child
watch this

Attached: 3CD396A3-737C-4D7D-860C-2801C7907AA8.jpg (370x494, 28K)

someone explain what it means in english terms by Veiled Valley, like how it sounds?
I understand the nobass that the hd600 has greatly reduced and you can hardly hear it, like muffled sound

What are some lightweight headphones with low clamping force?

Looking to replace my 10 year old Grado SR80 but I can't find anything comfy like them, and the sound signature is something I still haven't found in other headphones. Is there anything comparable out there?

Halp.

Put a towel on your speakers.

Do I pull the trigger?

Attached: 78C40687-4AE6-4703-A99C-B103CD58CE18.jpg (1125x1126, 402K)

i hope whoever took that pic didn't actually drink all that garbage for the sake of a stale meme

Who is this salty nostaxer who keeps using my pictures

Attached: 20190128_203951.jpg (4032x3024, 3.08M)

That doesn't make sense. HD600 are top fidelity headphones.

one of nikki's alter egos or a new NHA.

>Looking to replace my 10 year old Grado SR80 but I can't find anything comfy like them, and the sound signature is something I still haven't found in other headphones. Is there anything comparable out there?
Why aren't you buying another pair of grado if you want something that's exactly like a grado?
No one makes headphones like grado.

If you like Grado's earrape no one else can beat them at their game.

Attached: Chadilio.jpg (714x500, 65K)

>listening to music on my stax
>smooth, clean subbass, sharp but non-fatiguing highs, expressive mids
Literally impossible to hate these if you've actually heard them. Unless you're too poor to take them home of course.

I want to try something else after all these years. I could maybe get over a different sound signature but I need them to be lightweight.

What did he mean by this

youtube.com/watch?v=5KDS4u8-D4Q
Listening to this track right now. The bass doesn't boom but it's authoritative and present. You can hear every little intricacy, all the extra rhythmic instruments thrown throughout the mix. You can hear the twinkle in the cymbals. At no point is any part of the mix drowned out or obscured, everything is perfect. I can't imagine better fidelity than this.

>I could maybe get over a different sound signature but I need them to be lightweight.
All AKG K series
All ATH AD series
I'd cite Sennheiser HD but they're far too removed from the grado sound there is no way you could like them.
All these are pretty lightweight stuff.

whats so good about the Grado SR80e? am about to get one myself. Though there is the SR325e but much more expensive

All Grado SR are literally the same headphone, just with different earpad cushion and slight exterior build changes, with the 325 being made of metal. If you put the same earpad on any of these you wouldn't be able to distinguish them in a blind test as the earpad is the sole cause of the slight sound signature changes in the series

meow brushy :3

$8300

UK

PC

Open or semi-open

over ear

okay or better conform

Sound signature, I listen to classical with piano, music with deep beats with drums n bass, high pitched music like nightcore too. Rock, pop too. I want to be able to enjoy the music

Past headphones was some razer headset and takstar HI2050

Are you sure you mean 8.3 grand and not 830 or 83? Because if you are, SR-009/009S with a SRM-006 or 007.

yes $8300. I want it well spent, I don't mind under $400 headphones as long as its good.

What I want most is to not end up buying some $4000 headphones, then when I try out a $300 headphone it sounds better, I will be angry.

Trust me, the 009/009S is worth the money if you can get a good amp for it, and with your budget you can. Find somewhere to demo between the two to choose which one you like more, they sound fairly different.

Alright thanks I'll have a look

What said. There's all the same headphones basically. Though they are NOT comfy at all in their stock configuration. I put Beyerdynamic headband and HD414 pads on mine and they're amazing now.
I like mine because I can wear them all day and feel like they're not there. No fatigue whatsoever.
You'll either love or hate the sound, it barely has any lows but mids/highs are extremely detailed IMO.

I google searched the smr-600, what is this supposed to do "Vacuum Tube"? Looks like a server computer for heavy workloads

lol vacuum tube means its a tube amp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_amplifier

It's a tube amplifier. Basically Stax headphones use static electricity rather than traditional magnetized coils to produce sound, and therefore need a special type of amplifier to run called energizers. Energizers, like traditional amplifers, come in solid state and tube form. The 006 and 007 are tube amps, the 252, 353 and 727 are solid state. Then there's the T8000 which is a hybrid but far beyond your budget.

I'm completly new about this, how would I use this big thing? It kinda troublesome to have something that big in my room just for a pair of headphones

It’s not as big as it looks. It’s about the same size as a laptop but obviously a lot taller.

>It kinda troublesome to have something that big in my room just for a pair of headphones
Buy a HD800S then

get something else, stax has solid state amps too
also you'll need a transformer, i got this
amazon.com/gp/product/B0017HA3P2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not who you were talking to but will the 252, 353, and 727 all the sound the same with a l300 or l300 limited edition?

>HD800S
hows the bass on these? those headphones look quite nice to wear

I've personally A/B'd the 252 and 353 and they sound marginally different. The 252 is less bright and detailed than the 353, just very slightly. If you didn't have them in front of you to compare, you probably wouldn't even know. Unless you want the extra power from the 353 or the balanced inputs I wouldn't bother with spending the extra money from it.
I have both HD800 and Stax. Stax have better bass. It's not a competition. It's just more prominent with more subbass extension. And the best part about electrostats is how well they respond to EQ. Not enough bass? Throw a lowpass filter at 250hz and turn it up until satisfactory.

Muramasa VIII

you are evil

Meow my friend

Thanks user. They sure are expensive. honestly the difficulty and expense of the energizer is likely why I don't have a lambda yet. The l300 alone used is very cheap but you then need to hunt down the energizer.
What's your opinion on simply sealing and either stuffing or replacing the pads on the l300 versus burying the l300le?
would kill for an l700 so I know o have the best without a doubt and the superior build but its not feasible for me right now.

Attached: IMG_20181107_101442-01.jpg (1920x1196, 877K)

3100 aren't hard to find tho owo

stop shilling iemg you retard

I haven’t personally tried it but from what I heard the pad+seal mod for the L300 should be sufficient. The L300LE uses entirely different stators so it’s not going to sound the same. You could make a budget L700 out of a L300LE with the pads and headband swapped but they do sound very slightly different in presentation. Ultimately it’s up to you if you want a L700-lite or a L300 pad modded, which is not a bad choice either by the way.

L300 desperately needs a deal otherwise it's pretty meh. anyhow I'm taking you up on your word I'll arrange to be off my birthday and take you up on that offer of a beer you can buy my first drink

Attached: 15487687698736570578008444469841.jpg (4032x3024, 3.49M)

I'll probably check out the Japanese sites to see how much cheaper the srs3100 would be compared to just paying $650 for it new on eBay.
I have no issue with used headphones and always go for them if they're cheaper but because they don't sell the 252 on its own I suppose the idea of a nice new l300 isn't too bad.
L300le is too expensive. figure get the l300 and awesome pads(maybe vesper audio or just l700) and if I like it I'll get the real deal l700 down the road.

Sounds good to me. Vesper make good pads from my experience so that’s an option as well. Enjoy your stax.

trying to practice reading fr graphs compaing similar modeled headphones.
From pic related does this mean the DT990 have more emphasized/exagerated Bass than the DT880?

Attached: 1544802114190.png (1218x637, 78K)

What site is this?

>trying to practice reading fr graphs
go actually listen to headphones on your own instead of parasiting

Worst op in a long time. Put the cute girl back

That is correct. In not a professional at all but what I did was check out the raw fr of diffuse field, Harman target, and hd600 as base lines as well as headphones I own. Then you can use a eq and that chart on diyaudioheaven to get a good grasp on what each frequency sounds like and go from there. Always prefer raw fr to compensated unless the compensation target is one you know and understand. Some good collections of raw fr are inner fidelity, sbaf, rtings, doyaudioheaven, oratory1990 eq list, and crinicale for iems.

Fiio e10k

Lol headphone cucks being this delusional. There’s a lot more high energy in the midrange and top and and the low DR and compression makes my head hurt. Turned it off a minute into the song. Get a more accurate system mate. That bass isn’t authoritive at all. Though it’s possible it’s just YouTube. Dunno why people bother to link YouTube videos to claim good sound quality, because the videos themselves sound like bass is turned down a ton.

Of course I’m listening to FLACs of it on my computer. The youtube vid was just a sample. There’s no compression in the actual song, you’re free to download it somewhere in mp3 form to hear it yourself.

I'm listening to it on my stereo system and i heard little of what you described. honestly feel bad for you if you think this song is uncompressed i wonder what kind of music you usually listen to and how bad it all sounds. yikes.

What, an actual mp3 download of it? Because the song is not compressed at all. It has plenty of DR. Go look it up on loudnesswar, it has an average DR of 13. Objective data exists to prove you wrong.

WHERE ARE HER FEET

didn't hear any version but the youtube one if you're suggesting the youtube one is not indicative of how the song actually is why didn't you just say so and link your flac? god i can't wrap my head around you people.

Go download it yourself you whiny bitch. I’m not here to spoonfeed you and your faggy speakers. I’m sharing a sample and how it sounds on my L700. I can’t even view the video itself because it’s not available in my region. Again, go download it yourself or stop whining.

>50€ preferable 100€ max
>western Europe
>Mobile or laptop
>Over ear, with good sound insulation but still easy to carry around
>closed back
>as confy as possible
>neutral
>garbage tier senheiser hd201 and superlux hd-681 evo

I'm actually reasonably cool with something like the hd-681s soundquality but I need something that I take around with me that doesn't make me look like a fucking cosmonaut and that I can put in my backpack.

>Dunno why people bother to link YouTube
>Of course I’m listening to FLACs of it on my computer.
>yikes.
>Objective data exists to prove you wrong.
>link your flac?

Attached: hpg.jpg (2000x2000, 789K)

You want me to link you to the fucking dr.loudnesswar page? Here you go little baby.
>dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/104764
Feel free to argue against actual CD rip data.

i believe you that the song isnt compressed but it doesnt change the fact its a bad master mate also need i remind you that YOu were the one who linked the song and seemed set on letting us all know how good the bass is and how the 'cymbals sparkled' i was just making an observation that the youtube version of the song you linked sounds like shite. next time link your version of the song instead of some dumbass youtube video. you fucking retard.

you are making a mistake, I'm laughing at the both of you arguing about this inane shit

It’s almost like a shitty low bitrate youtube sample will have poor subbass and have the high frequencies cut off. This is the only version that exists of the song, this album has never been remastered. You are free to download it for free from rutracker or soulseek or your music source of your choice. I’m not going to spoonfeed you, I’m just saying how it sounds on my system and using the youtube video to give you an idea of what I’m listening to. Cry harder.

One of the sides of the Bosshifi B8 I bought a few months ago died. The sound has gone down very low (maybe 5% of what it was before) but the other side still works fine.
Fucking chink quality control, I should have known.

>a few months ago
OH NONONONONO

I've been thinking about buying a pair of m1060s for a while, but I already own a pair of hd650s. Do you guys think this would be a waste of money? The reseasoning behind my choice is that
>They are planars
>They are relatively cheap, and reviewers have praised them quite a bit
>They are easier to drive than the 650s, which means I could bring them with me when I'm studying outside of my house
>They SHOULD have better bass, which is something I found the 650s to lack quite a bit.
So basically, redpill me into buying/not buying these.

Attached: $_86.jpg (683x1024, 87K)

>monolith
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO
AAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

>build quality that deteriorates in months
>4-5khz ringing that EQ cannot really fix as much as it can maybe just make the freq range disappear to preserve your hearing
>generally lowfi sound quality
It's a cheap planar. Like all cheap planars it's garbage.
You don't see people getting hyped for the HiFiMan Edition S despite it being a cheap $200 planar. Know why? Because it doesn't look like an Audeze copycat. The only reason people even cared about the monolith shitphones is that their exterior build mimicked Audeze LCD2 but with worse materials and craftsmanship.
If you really want to buy that garbage go ahead I won't stop you but you're falling for one of the most retarded reddit memes in existence.

Thanks anons you saved me 280€

The cheapest good planars there are are probably the PM3 and the SINE. That’s about it. Anything cheaper is pee pee poo poo tier.

Attached: 20180806_173247.jpg (3264x1836, 1.19M)

the pee pee and poo poo twins

Attached: 20190126_132205.jpg (4032x1960, 2.32M)

I thought the new ones technically aren’t energizers?

QC35

Playing around with this, I see that the HD600 has more Bass than a DT 880? That can't be right or is it?

Attached: 1535111879454.png (1261x675, 74K)

ksc75 for £17 or tin audio t2 for £28? (or are iems just shit)

>graph aligned exactly where the HD600 shows a tiny notch
>dude keeps trying to interpret graphs without understanding a single thing about it or having experience with multiple headphones
>just won't shut his trap
gods you are worse than nikki
at least we know nikki is just trolling and not actually retarded

I've have 3 headphones and one earphone, so I do have experience
>graph aligned exactly where the HD600 shows a tiny notch
??? What you on about

Where did you find t2s for 28£?

>??? What you on about
This is the correct alignement for the overall tonal balance as it is heard. There's slightly less midbass but much fuller sub-bass and obviously more prominent treble.
You have not one fucking idea how to even begin to understand where to read a graph

Attached: aligned.png (726x312, 73K)

aliexpress, good deal? i heard a lot of good things about the koss ones but they are marked up in the eu.

How does the dt1990 compare to lcd2 and hd660s? I have both a lcd2 and a hd660s.
Also do the lsr305 sound better than your headphones? How do you feel about speaker v headphones

>correct alignement
I don't know how to change the graph so the freqauency response fixes itself like that. So yes I do know how to read a graph. I am just getting info as I get from the graph.

>how does midfi trash compare to midfi trash
>also how does random speakers compare to midfi trash
Is asking stupid questions your expertise?

Also still most of the bass mid and upper part of the HD600 has more than the DT880, which is weird. Because if I don't like how the HD600 bass is not enough then I'd not want to go for the DT 880

DT990 should have a tad more bass, I think.

the info was right in front of your eyes you're just too retarded to comprehend it
the software that aligns graphs when you make online comparisons on rtings aligns exactly at 1khz
their own measurement of the hd600 has a tiny notch down on 1khz meaning a comparison to any other headphone that has a flat midrange will be misaligned
human ears are best trained to listen to the midrange which is where human vocals lay strongest, so tonal balance and relative loudness of elements depends on how much mids you're hearing versus bass and treble
if you align the graph showing most of the midrange aligned with the hd600 you see the difference in midbass isn't as extreme but the difference in treble and sub-bass is much more important.

>Because if I don't like how the HD600 bass is not enough then I'd not want to go for the DT 880
news at 11? the 880 is a bit too thin for my tastes too

EQ the HD600 from the software, sounds much better and clearer when I move up the treble

Attached: 1544693242308.png (669x367, 145K)