I hate hacker news so much Jow Forums. They all act like robots...

I hate hacker news so much Jow Forums. They all act like robots. I don't know if its the delusion or the stupid superiority complex they have.
And fuck the comments. Every comment is a rehashed version of the one before. Add some random words and act smugly.
I sometimes think that hate is irrational because so many famous programmers lurk and comment there but I just can't get over it.
Why do they all act like machines?
Is it just me? What do you guys think about hn?

Attached: 1431402200079.jpg (639x495, 36K)

>using ymca-nator-ware
user error, stop doing that and the issue should resolve itself

It won't. The problem is not the hn. Its the people and I will meet those people in real world even if I stop using hn. Of late i have started hating this fucking industry a lot.

>I will meet those people in real world
are you stupid or something? just punch the first one you see right in the fucking face, the other will stay away after that. clearly user error

I am part of the industry . How do you work in the industry without interacting with the assholes of the industry.

so like Jow Forums except relevant

>>r9k

cant you read? you make them your bitch and move on. the fuck is wrong with you boy?

You're part of the problem. You too are a hn machine with a flavour of faggot.
> Just do it boy. Be yourself.
Fuck off.
I am not saying that I am intimidated by them only that I hate them and that hate occupies my time. I am not looking for a support group. I juat want to be heard and that's why I made the op

Almost. I don't know if any other word can describe it better but they just don't seem human to me. Just machines analysing every second and talking like mouthbreathers.

>damage controlling this hard
your pathetic m8
>I juat want to be heard
and a genuine fucking faggot
keep getting trampled by the fags you hate so much, gaylord

Thinking that their inability to think clearly makes them more human is how stupid people naturally cope with being stupid.

hackers are mostly a bunch of egocentric queermos who are just trying shit and seeing if it works, only difference between them and you is they actually have the audacity to do it, so how can you hate on them for being such insufferable cunts about it m8-tato?
thats not really fair
they are our digital heroes in this dark age of technology

Attached: breaking-news.png (1280x720, 1.34M)

>Thinking clearly
> I sleep at 10:57:52 so that my 300 micro gram of nutrition I took can work and help me defecate with ease in morning.
Pick one and only one faggot.
How the fuck does it change the post. I could be a faggot or not but you have not made a single comment which can be parsed by people. You're a faggot who spends time on hn and is now trying hard to defend his "way of living"
Keep on shooting the messenger . Fucking bot

You think that hackers are hanging out on hn. Youre worse than them

i dont even know what hn is, i'm not a faggot.
i only know hackers from personal experience

Attached: 1548486475336.jpg (207x253, 8K)

Check out news ycombinator once. Only community worse than Jow Forums

actually i only came here to see if there were any good terry memes, i love that guy
Jow Forums has a shit community?

Attached: 1522566215074.png (367x468, 246K)

I occasionally check hackernews just because I like reading the n-gate.com commentary on it every week

Jow Forums community is the best on 4channel apart maybe from /u/

i've only been here a few times and actually got some decent lulz
i'll never forget they had a thread about
ping -f and this one dude was like
"I'm actually fucking raging right now, how in the fuck does this one faggot have the audacity to decide that you need to have superuser access to do ping -f? he needs to get punched right in his fucking face for even thinking some dumb ass shit like that, i always run superuser so i've never saw this, but holy fuck i'm mad!"

This
While I haven't read hackernews regularly ever, I read n-gate. Sometimes, if the commentary piques my interest, I'll check the article in question. Otherwise, I'm not wading through their comment section to find more hot opinions by web devs.

I think it's hilarious seeing people those day job is building surveilance based adware talking about news where people abuse surveilance and adware.
The lack of self awareness of some posters is just too funny

Jow Forums is like hanging out with your drunk friends at a bar, HN is like hanging out with your "work friends" at a starbucks, and r*ddit is like hanging out at a fan club for something you're not really a fan of

you sound like someone who would enjoy the n-gate.com commentary if you don't read it already

well thats accurate then
>i dont work so no work friends
>starbucks is for homos so i wouldnt go there
>i use reddit for 1 thing, to learn mechanics for an MMORPG i play, thats it

Oh they're just so over their own heads they pretend they're so smart but even regex scares the average hn reader

Attached: Screenshot_20190129-073835.png (1440x2560, 486K)

Just look at this dude, probably has never touched regex in his life

Attached: Screenshot_20190129-073907.png (1440x2560, 582K)

>he reads hackernews and not ngate
Your fault

you better believe that everybody in that thread thinks that they're the smartest motherfuckers to have ever graced vim

>dude its like code
>you put the _ with !! and it makes the @@
>naw bro u got it all wrong, its ## and ^ makes >

holy shit guys, check out this regex:

^[0-8]+.*(?!

Hacker News is 95% meets, but there are some old days with some good perspectives that we can't find on Jow Forums. Jow Forums is mostly uni age/junior devs

no bs back in the day someone from IRC got me to run a script that basically dd'd /. claimed it would make some cool space invaders ascii if i piped it through lolcat so even though i knew it was a bad idea i did it. was only linux mint though so nothing of value was lost

it was base 64 encoded so i not knowing any better i assumed i couldn't inderstand it cause it was some advanced shit i hadn't seen yet

Well, FWIW the regex I posted doesn't do anything useful, apart from maybe matching a url-ish string. But yeah, there are a lot of fun and creative ways to fuck up a Unix system

>You're a faggot who spends time on hn
no, you. you are the faggot that browser that shit
>projecting this hard
your are nothing but a little cuck that keeps on getting trampled by people. lmao, enjoy your living hell, fag

Couldn't have put it better myself. Smugness is so high that you can practically watch them smirking from the comments

The website itself is very dry, much dryer than Jow Forums which helps with the self-selection of the type of person that will lurk/comment there.

They are also pretty strictly moderated and you're penalized for posting inflammatory things (i.e. troll) in comparison to Jow Forums and most of reddit.

Honestly, even if you don't like the people that post there (they tick me off too sometimes), just be happy that there is another non-social media forum outside of Jow Forums and reddit (and Metafilter and Slashdot doesn't count).

Great programming project idea: create a bash one-liner that takes a Jow Forums post number and uses curl and the Jow Forums API to download-and-exec the content of the post

This. It's always fun when the person whose work is the topic of discussion chimes in. Like Carmack or some language inventor.

i dont see what good that would do unless you can get someone dumb enough to just install "whatever" on their system....

sorry
run whatever i mean

It's even better when people like that post on Jow Forums, though. If what they say can't stand on its own, then they're just posting on HN because they want to be praised for their username.

It would just be fun. Like a magnet link for "just fuck my system up"

Just walk away from it, bro.

>locked thread
yea i get the idea

Remote work and show them you are an even bigger asshole.

Both have pros and cons of course. Unless I'm familiar with the topic discussed though, I can't judge if an anonymous post is sensible. If the person posting is famous in his/her field (and not anonymous) then I can feel more confident in what they're saying making some amount of sense. You may call this appeal to authority or whatever, but this is how the world works. We can't judge everything we read in a vacuum. Context matters.

Just to add to this, it is fun to stumble upon nuggets of wisdom and obviously knowledgeable users on Jow Forums though. It just happens too rarely.

>funny story guys, I was working in starbucks and spilled my pumpkin spice latte all over my macbook so i can't attend the meeting today and lost the files. maybe we should write an app that tracks what we buy in starbucks and if detects that we're using a laptop at the same time it can warn us not to spill drinks on our laptop

>superiority complex
So like when Jow Forums thinks C is the shit and everyone else is subhuman?
>Every comment is a rehashed version of the one before
Install Gentoo
>Add some random words and act smugly
>shitty webdevs
>scripting language
>smug_pepe.jpg
>pajeet
>Why do they all act like machines
>iTODLERS BTFO
>intel on suicide watch
>ayymd
>consumer generals

Attached: dddd.jpg (600x600, 40K)

take the HN redpill and get the fuck out of here OP. this place is a cesspool.

And even if someone talks like they know what they are saying, someone else will come and set them straight.

Fair enough, I guess it comes down to what you're looking for. I never expect to *learn* anything from the dry discussion on hackernews, where everybody's too afraid to differ from orthodoxy (and I'm not just talking about politics--just imagine writing something amounting to "linux sucks" on HN). That's why some anons here are pointing out that the discussion there is so predictable. Even if Dijkstra came back from the grave, he'd either agree with the mob on HN, or be posting on Jow Forums because HN would consider him too much of an asshole.

>assblasted shitty webdev on suicide watch

Attached: 517.jpg (248x233, 8K)

how can you be this smug about something so droll you little faggot?

Attached: 51W12F4DFRL._SY445_.jpg (308x445, 25K)

>cries because a small thread on Jow Forums makes some generalizations about a "tech" forum with heavy moderation
>proceeds to make generalizations about Jow Forums, some of which are simply false
>is too autistic to just ignore shitposting
>thinks the gentoo joke is anything but shitposting
>hates the notion that an online comunity can have an organically formed culture
>wants his viewpoints affirmed on a silver platter with none of the unclean rabble getting in the way
>defends HN
Not gonna lie, I think smug asuka may not have been smug enough

Jesus christ shut up you fucking mong. Your opinion is immediately trash due to posting smug-anime-girl.tiff

HN and Jow Forums are both shitty in their own ways. The user that described HN like hanging out at work and Jow Forums like hanging out at a bar nailed it.

>I hate hacker news so much Jow Forums
so don't fucking give them views you absolute brainlet

Wow , so smart. How are you so intelligent friend

HN is reddit + LinkedIn. Very PC, very SFW, very fake.

But some people on there make shit tons of money unlike Jow Forums

This. There's a delusion spawned with uber-nu-Jow Forums (post Trump's campaign) users that the old way of talking here, the kind with *decent* clarity, is too pretentious. The redditors got caught up in their new freedom to use derogatory, offensive, slang without repercussions and forgot that they're talking to humans, not Neanderthals who'd rather get a kick out of leh meymey than have an actual conversation. Just one scroll through of /tech/ on eightchan proves how far Jow Forums has fallen.

TLDR: Intelligence looks like arrogance from below

He;s righ tyou know

If ou dont like, then simply leave

their comments are extremely heavily policed, it engenders the robotic, soulless, hyper-dry culture they have

for example, humor is deleted. but that is kind of nice sometimes.

Attached: e4linu6cim121.jpg (960x657, 71K)

SHILL!

But we used to have Hacker News threads...

Attached: 1548721727770.jpg (383x349, 32K)

The last thing I expected was userbase overlap between Jow Forums and ycomb

Honestly it's the best online discussion forum after a few niche subreddits.

Moderation can be strict but it's usually fair and very much necessary.

Are there more forums like this that are alive?
I haven't found jack shit. Voat is filled with retarded alt-right teenagers and Jow Forumstards, Mastodon is full of faggots and trannies. Did normal people just stopped using the Internet or what?

>t. the man who browses Jow Forums

Go to reddit or stay here, your IQ is obviously not high enough for HN, and no, your shitposting is not funny

>Are there more forums like this that are alive?
i use stackexchange for questions but i dont know if there are active general discussion forums

Lobste.rs is pretty good, but getting an account requires an invite from a current member.

You just described Jow Forums perfectly

eh, too exclusive = too personal = forum politics and turf wars

I despise this and it's why I don't stick at my country's small forums.

It took 1 ban from an asshole to never invest on a small forum again. I'm not willing the give some asshole the power to cut me off from everyone in the forum.