Everyone here with a bank account has the ability to make contactless payments. But instead 88...

Everyone here with a bank account has the ability to make contactless payments. But instead 88.5% of the population choose to swipe their cards like fucking monkeys. Absolutely fuck every single person who pays with a fucking magnetic strip.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 9.12.35 pm.png (1332x1362, 1.09M)

>swipe
I've seen that strip used exactly once in my life and it seemed to not be very good, why don't you do it normally and use the chip instead?

Attached: a.jpg (491x491, 43K)

Here in the Netherlands you can tap your bankcard against it and it will pay, don't see the need to link it up to my phone

Shut the fuck up retard, nobody pays swiping. They just use the contactless RFID chip.
Why would I pull out my smartphone to tap to pay, when I can just grab the debit card and put it next to the machine and pay faster and easier.

because its shit here
it hardly registers and if it fails to read your phone (which is 80% of the time), you have to pay with a card or bring the attendant over to cancel the transaction to have a second attempt

its applied really poorly

cards have nfc here so you just tap your wallet against terminal, don't even have to take it out.

I’m from the Third World country (Poland) and I use my iPhone® X with FaceID® to pay for my things. It’s really fast. Highly recommended.

Attached: 38F13C93-DC94-4509-A294-87B8CCF2B31B.jpg (1024x629, 69K)

i'm tappin ur mom and not paying.
every night.

No shit.

Italy here. I don't have it linked up with my phone, but I always use contactless whenever available. I hate when I have to stand there like an asshole with my wallet in my hand waiting for the payment to go through because they typically won't give you your card back until they get the receipt.
Luckily most places have contactless nowadays.

Do you not know what contactless payments are or how they work? You do realise you can make a contactless payment with your card? Do you not realise that it fails just as often (if not more so), when you use the shitty fucking magnetic strip. Just tap the card against the terminal.

Ameritards don't have chip and pin. If they did they would realise its not much less convenient and much more secure than using your phone.

fucken white peepo I swear

Amerilard here, I use chip and pin, it seems to be pretty wide spread where I've been, but I still come across swipe only places every so often. Samsung really really wants me to use Samsung pay, but IDK, I don't really care about paying from my device at this point.

my banks gave me cards for contactless payment but I cut the antennas. fuck that shit.

Of all the things you could choose to complain about, you choose... this?

Attached: gayluigi.jpg (561x532, 23K)

>boo hoo no one is using my frivolous botnet shit!
Good. I still use 90% cash to pay for shit. I've never been to a store or restaurant that refused cash. But I've been to plenty that don't take cards.

Attached: 1539148924422.jpg (715x960, 82K)

why on earth would you want to pay for things with a fucking phone? what's the benefit to you of this?

>tap

you dont even have to touch it, who would fucking tap a phone on something for payments to go through. Who makes these buzzwords? They don't even describe reality of basic feature of contactless payment.

>not using cash whenever possible

contactless has a limit of like 30€

hovering a phone/smart watch is not less inconvenient than hovering a card

you still have to put your card in if your over that amount

regardless, cash is king.

>hovering a phone/smart watch is not less inconvenient than hovering a card
I'd rather my bank card was snatched than my unlocked phone desu senpai.

This isn't a complaint about cash. This a complaint about the people who swipe with a magnetic strip.

>contactless has a limit of like 30€
In Australia, there's a contactless 'limit' of $100 AUD (~60€). When that amount is exceeded, it just asks you for you pin before the payment goes through.

I use contactless payments with my bank card.

Having that ability on a phone is such a shit idea

>why on earth would you want to pay for things with a fucking phone? what's the benefit to you of this?
Contactless doesn't necessitate the use of a phone

Lol yes we do. Almost every card scanner here rejects swipes

Jokes on you we chip which is like 2 seconds longer

I use phone contactless because I forgot my pin number and my mum specified no contactless when she withdrew the card

America WAS late in supporting chip cards, but your info is years out of date. I don't know anybody that still doesn't have a chip card, and almost everywhere now accepts chip cards (and won't even allow you to use the magnetic stripe on a chip card).

Visited over christmas and new year. Didn't go to the ATM once, used my phone to pay everywhere with no issues, what the fuck are you on about?

Murricans do have chip now, but they are less secure and half the time don't work and you're forced to swipe anyways. Typical Murricans.

I'd like to, but the nfc antenna in my card is fucked :^)

I have literally never seen the chip in my card fail and I've been using it as my payment method almost exclusively for like 5 years now. The only time it has ever """failed""' was when the retailer still hadn't updated their POS system to support chip cards, but even that I never see anymore.

I'm from Germany, the country that has the highest export volume per square kilometer of area. everybody pays cash, partly with 1 and 2 cent coins. We're sort of Europe's Japan in that regard, guess that comes with all the old people still alive.

In Canada a lot of people tap to pay. When people tap with an apple watch or something that blows my mind, well not anymore. Now I'm used to it. There doesn't seem to be a demographic stratification here because the younger people tend to not buy a lot and just pay cash and then the older ones tend to buy too much to tap. For everyone in between you can't really tell until they pull out their wallet. What's crazy is when someone buys a lot of shit and then pulls out a massive wad of cash and pays with that.

OP is mad because Australia's economy consists of everyone serving each other coffee and smashed avo and he has to wait an extra 0.1 seconds for someone with a card before he can have his $18 meal

It’s really fast, you don’t have to enter PIN, it’s more secure than card (stolen card still can be used to pay for things up to specific sum, unlike phone).

Kkk

>tfw I pay with cash

Attached: 1543993605080.jpg (2107x1668, 1.63M)

>Italy here.
>We accept only cash for amounts below $ARBITRARY_AMOUNT
Vaffanculo

A few things I need to point out. First of all, you are not describing the entire Australian economy. You are describing the economy of Melbourne. That's not the case for pretty much everywhere outside Victoria. Secondly, that's $18 AUD, which is only like $13 USD. The Australian dollar is has a similar value to the Canadian dollar. And finally, stop swiping your card, you fucking monkey. You're basically handing over a full copy of your card every time you pay for something.

Cash is king, no trace

>OMFG
>THIS NEANDERTHAL CUNT LITERALLY JUST SWIPED HIS CARD IN FRONT OF ME
>WASTING EXACTLY 2 (((TWO))) OF MY PRECIOUS MINUTES WAITING IN LINE.
>WHO IN THE GODDAMN FUCK.

I would wager this article was written by:
A woman (male)
Younger than 30
Uses Apple products
Has a piercing and at least 1 tattoo
Spent more on their haircut than on technology in the past year

What other projections can I impose on this obvious s*ylent cunt?

stop wasting everyone's time you cunt

the nearest atm to me lies right next to the local turk shop, i'm too scared to go near it

Prolly.

Come to Japan where cash is king but atms have operating hours and holidays

>atms have operating hours and holidays
this always blew my mind. why the hell would they do that?

They can't pop out the side and help you if you run into trouble at night

>They can't pop out the side and help you if you run into trouble at night
Who has trouble with an ATM?

Same people who have trouble with train tickets

Attached: downloadfile.png (576x1024, 504K)

What third world country are you in that needs 2 minutes for a swipe to register? I'm in fucking poortugal of all places and the few retards that still swipe take 10 seconds at most on very slow days.

I just use cash. Apu and Jamal can skim someone else's card.

>Absolutely fuck every single person who pays with a fucking magnetic strip.
That's 3rd world countries only, m9.
We here in germany have contactless. If you don't have it you don't have ancient technology and just use the chip on your card, which is a lot more durable and better

Contactless payments are an enormous security risk. No thanks.

that's why you only allow contanctless with pin on your card. It's really that simple

i still don't understand people that pay everything with credit/debit card.
Why the fuck would you want EVERY SINGLE transaction you make be recorded?

I pay pretty much everything, except my monthly payments, with cash.

I pay anonymous with bitcoin :^)
FUCK THE GOBERNMENT

Attached: linux.png (1100x618, 488K)

If you want this tech to take off, more whores need to accept it. "Tap and go."

It's perfect.

No... I live in Korea but use a phone model from the US. So I can't make contactless payments unless I use the US cards, but why the fuck would I use a US card instead of my Korean ones in Korea. I'm not even Korean though. It's fucking horseshit and I hate it.

I pay with my watch
Except when it doesn't work lol

How the fuck do you people pay for this shit after you've rooted your phone?

And if you aren't rooting your phones... why the fuck are you all using bloated, slow, shitty OS loaded phones?

i use contactless as it's faster than grabbing my phone, unblocking it, opening up the app, making sure errythang is correct and then putting it back.

still botnet and i'd still rather use cash.

I have to carry my license/insurance/whatever with me anyways so there's no use in over complicating things when I can just slide another card or two into my wallet.

I've talked to such people. they don't think about it.

>"se non mi passa la carta però mi servirebbe la fattura elettronica perché è spesa aziendale"

Works every time

god damn mexicans.

Projection

>still leaves a trace of you buying the bitcoin
>either that or you find a super shady bitcoin dealer with 30% markup

No tacospeak on Jow Forums, ese

meanwhile in Canada no one does anything but tap unless forced to, then we fall back to chip and pin. I don't think I've swiped my card in ~10 years.

>live in Poland
>every shitty little corner shop allows contactless payments
>go to Sweden, at big market
>by a habit place your card at the screen waiting for the beep
>clerk stares at at me like I was retarded

Attached: whutbert.jpg (476x356, 15K)

> be you
> retarded
> doesn't understand the fees banks charge for using the service
Jow Forumsenius
>I've seen that strip used exactly once in my life
you need to be 18 or over to use this site
>Do you not realise that it fails just as often (if not more so), when you use the shitty fucking magnetic strip
imagine being this fucking retarded when using a magnetic strip attracts completely made up stories! how adorable.

the oestrogen levels in this thread are off the fucking charts.

Magisk

Why do you get so autistically mad at people swiping?

Autism
but really the type of people who get mad at this shit are the same people who automatically assume everything new MUST be better and how dare people not use the newer shit

There is no reason other than Apple and Google wanting to make extra money.

>bring the attendant over to cancel the transaction to have a second attempt

This is the sole reason I don't use it.

If it fails it takes for fucking ever before the cashier notices and presses the button to let you use PIN.
Sure it might save 3 seconds every time you use it, but if it fails 1 in 20 times (which sadly it does), making you waste a full minute, it's still slower on average.

Tap to pay has failed more often than my chip (never) meaning that my fingerprint scanner fucks up. Chip is still a net faster operation; eat shit OP.

Banks charge a huge premium for this feature. That's why some cheap fucks (((my boss))) don't use it.

Come to Muslim countries where ATM's are disabled 7 times a day when they decide it's time to pray.

Chips are objectively inferior in every way to swiping only reason the tech was forced on everyone was to prepare for tagging people like cattle with RFID tags

>Banks charge a huge premium for this feature.
Not in developed countries.

Magnetic strips can be copied.
Chips can not.

Attached: credit-card-skimmer.jpg (475x275, 46K)

autism on many levels in this post

they literally can though, niggers are making fake cards with other peoples numbers and creating the chip authentication like its nothing
its almost like they just want us to get use to having a chip, so its not so bad when its inside of us ;)

On the rare fucking chance that ever happens and it's gets charged, you declare that shit as fraudulent and get a new card ordered and a temp card in the mean time

The Mutt Credit Card has to be really simple to use so the Mutt spends happily with it

>using mutt as an insult
Please tell us what ethnically superior country you are from.

But OP, I have Google Pay set up on my phone. I don't even need to take my card with me! So safe and privacy!

We do have chip and pin you idiot. And while it may be more convenient to tap a phone to pay, I'm not going to fucking do it. Why?

1. I'm not going to un-root my phone to use Android Pay
2. I don't want a Google (or any other company involved in mobile payment) knowing what I'm buying.

>Using the banking botnet

Chip shimmers are already a thing that's been used to hack chips.

give it a few years for niggers to catch up and the (((msm))) to fail to cover it up and people will be taking hole punchers to the chips in their cards.

I wasn't convinced of swiping until i had to go on a holiday, where i had to start crossing ferry passings.
When you get to the dock, you line up, the ferry arrives, and you drive on. And the current underage summer workers go around securing payment in a ordinarly fashion, before people leave their cars and enter the leisure decks.

With swiping somebody did the math, and changed the operation.
The ferry arrives, the ticketmasters leave it, position and hail the lined car crowd. As the teeths of the ferry open, like a gigantic whale: The cars are in position, and the workers just swipe and do the next car. Its so fast that for anything but the larger ferries: The line generally gets into the ferry, parks, and then you wait for the time to reach go before the ferry crosses the inland oceans.

In Norway the limit is set by retailer of the card reader.
Which can vary between 150 to 300NOK depending on brand. So you might have to PIN anyhow.
At the least its faster than setting in the chip, which needs a verified connection before allowing you to enter the PIN.

Cash is messy, takes up space in my wallet, can be easily stolen, easily lost, not insured and a major inconvenience.

If you see a skimmer like this, just rip it off and smash it into tiny pieces. You can't get your card skimmed if the skimmer is broken.

because hackers tap your back pocket and take my money. fuck contactless.

>Aussies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'M OFFENDED