That will be $800 for a premium IPS gaming monitor

>that will be $800 for a premium IPS gaming monitor

Attached: 1547002729602.jpg (1024x768, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OxR88EDoMx0&feature=youtu.be
vimeo.com/77856556
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_persistence
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>shows an extreme example
Also
>what is camera exposure

Just werks for me. If you feel betting using a $150 TN panel I won't stop you.

one option is to not be a complete retard
youre not forced to buy shit

You're a complete retard if you think that its acceptable for the HIGHEST PRICED COMPUTER MONITORS to be riddled with defects and poor manufacturing.

Test

Based

I'll take the backbleed over the piss poor viewing angles any day. The viewing angles are so much more important than I ever thought they would be, but after having used my IPS monitor now for a couple of months, going back to my old one is laughable. It is such a pain to feel like you're never really looking at your monitor from an ideal angle, with IPS I can sit whatever way I want and the image is crystal clear evenly across the entire screen, it is fucking beautiful.

Not to mention the colors and how much better it looks. But yeah, it is depressing to play like dark video games on it, sure. But 95% of the time spent on my pc is doing things not related to playing dark video games.

Provide brand, model and rate of failure. Also you can tell that's a long exposure shot like
Said because the power button is blurred and it's the only thing blurred because it's giving off light and radiating.

That being said, only cheap IPS panels still suffer with these issues. Most major manufacturers selling high end gear have had this shit locked down for a while. Matte coatings need to GTFO though.

My 16:10 10 bit 1920x1200 IPS monitor doesn't have this problem.

>16:10
cringe

>cringe
And this is why everyone knows that you're from Reddit. Kys.

Attached: 20190121_003203.jpg (3984x2241, 854K)

Whats a budget vesa mountable ips monitor thats better or equals to the surface pro tablets screens?

>$800
That's where you're wrong

Attached: Screenshot_20190129-183957.jpg (1080x1920, 523K)

cringe even harder

dell's U2417H is pretty great

>Being this much of a faggot.
Kys even harder.

This

>wow my monitor has shit colors and shit viewing angles, but I sure am glad that is is completely black in a pitch black room!

Lol I'm using a ancient 21:9 I got at a lan for 50 bucks
Nowhere near as bad as that and only one stuck pixel

Maybe if you buy 50$ IPS monitor from aliexpress.
I have Dell U2415 and it's best monitor ever

>>that will be $800 for a premium IPS gaming monitor
plus tip ;)

t. monitor reseller

Didn't happen with mine and I got the XB271HU. Also had 3 other IPS monitors before this one. Please kys thx

>20 years later
>CRT still the best display technology

utter state of this shit

OLEDs don't have any of these problems, just so you know

Let me know when they fix burn in

*click*

>wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Attached: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.SCcrptflM_e6BAHfDnQNqAHaEK%26pid%3D15.1&f=1.jp (474x266, 13K)

Plasma was nice

>fuckhuge bezels
>fuckhuge form
lol, IPS is king you stupid hipster.

who the fuck cares about bezels you homo

>TV
>Computer Monitor
Children can't tell the difference.

burn-in is easily avoidable, whereas LCD's inherent problems with black level, slow response time, viewing angles, backlight bleed and glow and colour gamut aren't

ITT: seething LCD shills are in full denial mode

They look like shit, once you've used a monitor with practically negligible ones.
What a coping nigger. Burn in is not avoidable. I'll wait for some other fellow autist to come and BTFO you

>I'll wait for some other fellow autist to come and BTFO you
lol @ lack of arguments, LCD shills eternally BTFO

this is why I don't spend much in monitor, they're all trash.
pic related in my current main monitor, a cheap ass 60hz tn benq.
colors are ok and not much leaks

Attached: e.png (1920x1080, 11K)

>Not having an IPS monitor with good contrast
Plebs

Attached: Mini LED.jpg (725x408, 39K)

Attached: IMG_20190129_202536.jpg (4160x3120, 3.4M)

How come all OLED phones and monitors and TVs have burn in problems?

youtube.com/watch?v=OxR88EDoMx0&feature=youtu.be
keep coping with your flawed tech

I really like that sound

Click BZZZT psst crackle from autism degaussing pc monitors is lovely tio

>Matte coatings need to GTFO
Enjoy micro-scratches everytime you wipe your screen.

>burn-in is easily avoidable
Imagine using your screen NOT the way you want.

>He doesn't have 24000 grit clothes and a diamond polisher with clay paste

Back to MacDonald's poorfag

imagine your picture being *always*, no matter what you do, either washed out mess, motion blurred and with colour shifts that change with your viewpoint

imagine watching this shit instead of perfect picture, everytime

>Burn-in easily avoidable
Yeah let me know how that 15 minute YouTube video not in full screen mode goes for you

Whose got those pictures? I didn't save them.

Yeah it's quite a bit of money but even the "high-end" gaming monitors like PG279Q and the rest are the bottom of the barrel trash ips-panels.
The actually good ones go to the even more expensive production-work monitors that are even more expensive.

>are the bottom of the barrel trash ips-panels.
explain.

Not having CG series Eizo
>pleb
vimeo.com/77856556

best 144hz 1440p ips?????
im stuck between pg279q and shit like nixeus edg 27

I bought a laptop with a "top range" screen like this.
I bought a reasonable priced monitor recently that was nothing like this and now I am beginning to think that manufacturers don't really know what they're doing.

>don't really know what they're doing.
They know perfectly well what they are going
IPS at this point is nothing more than a marketing thing
It's easier to sell a garbage IPS panel than it is a good VA or TN wen it comes to the PC market

Those are the same panel my dude. I have the nixeus. It's an ok compromise of color, viewing angle and refresh rate but it's not amazing. Very bad blacks, motion is worse than a tn or crt. The asus may have more lighting zones or whatver, but it will not really fix those problems. I don't think there is a really perfect 144hz monitor right now.

i just want better color overall and a sync that works

I haven't had any sync errors. Arw you talking about freesync? In that case it is supposedly one of the best in that regard, but I have novideo and win7 so I never tried it. just render moar frames and the motion is pretty decent.

>Good tn
Physically impossible.

I need to know the exact model of the laptop, and monitor, because I want to tell you why you're stupid.

It was relatively speaking anyway
The point was that you could have a TN panel that did better in everything that matters compared to a bad IPS panel but the IPS would still sell better just by virtue of "IPS" being in the description

Sure thing buddy

Attached: 66f.jpg (1242x1394, 156K)

Well I guess I have to find out what you think matters, and what you consider a good tn panel, and a bad ips panel.
Do you have any specific models in mind that can be a representative of a good tn, and a bad ips?

>bought an AOC G2460PG monitor back in 2014
>for a TN panel the colors are oddly good looking
>3 years later it's shitting the bed from burn-in somehow
>buy the same monitor from AOC
>it's a new "revision" that has downgraded colors, gamma than the previous revision
>selling it for the same price as the previous revision

I will never buy shit from AOC ever again

Attached: 1548277224321.jpg (3000x2825, 1.14M)

PANELTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1434952112113-1.gif (374x400, 100K)

Most likely image retention rather than burn-in. The Wikipedia entry has some suggestions for fixing it:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_persistence

>AOC
I hate them too, and they made me aware of how bad tn panels are in the first place. I didn't know any better at the time.

My 2 year old Bravia 4K OLED TV doesn't have anything like that. And wew, the blacks are just so black.

Dunno if it's image retention. But it's a weird issue. It's when black images meet white images horizontally on the right side of the panel. Such as Youtube's cinema mode. It ends up burning in a white-ish line.

Also recently it managed to get burn in on specific parts of my previous desktop wallpaper. That hasn't really faded quickly after turning off the monitor unlike the other issue.

The vast majority of modern IPS panels are lower cost variants, or that trade image quality for speed. Just having an IPS panel is no longer any indicator of quality like it was 10+ years ago. The only thing you can be reliably sure of is that it will have good viewing angles (albeit with glow) and decent color.

>The only thing you can be reliably sure of is that it will have good viewing angles (albeit with glow) and decent color.
What else do you need in a monitor?

you're a complete retard for falling for the "high price = high quality" meme

>good viewing angles
>and decent color.
This is what I look for when choosing a monitor.

Good uniformity, contrast, black levels, lack of glow and backlight bleed?

You get all this with tn?

Of course not.

Please stop posting.

So I guess a
>good tn panel
was hypothetical.

IPS contrast is far, far better than TN shit. This isn't even debatable
I don't have any glow or bleed on my panel, I can live without deeper blacks. They've never been a problem since I don't stare at black stuff.

user was just talking out of his ass.

>premium
>gaming
choose exactly one

but user, that response rate is horribly slow

Maybe it would be easier for you to give an example of a bad ips panel that's worse than tn since we can't establish, or find a an example of a good tn panel that's better than ips.

Yeah sorry, I'm not that user and didn't read that far up the comment chain. Just responded to that bit about IPS selling because of the label rather than because it's intrinsically that much better. There are good TN panels that are probably better than bad IPS in some respects.

Different anons, user.

My IPS panel was €140 though and does not look nowhere as bad.

The VA shill is back yet again. Enjoy your slow g2g, blur, VA glow, backlight bleed, clouding, awful input lag, horrible viewing angels, subpar colour reproduction, washed out grays, screen flicker, bad uniformity and awful white tones. But at least the contrast is "better", right?

>Burn in is not avoidable.
Of course it is, you dumb faggot. Only a tech-illiterate retard who doesn't understand how OLED works on a basic level and what causes burn "in" (really burn out) with the technology would suggest otherwise.

You're an even bigger retard if you think that displaying a still image for 15 minutes on an OLED does it any harm. At worst you may get some temporary image retention, which is a completely different issue and fades after another 10 minutes or so of use.

Feel free to shitpost as hard as you like in response, but I've had my OLED for coming up on three years and have zero screen burn. Your jealousy only entertains me.

>panel type affects input lag
Why are there so many fucking retards on this board? Anyone who visits /v/ should be permanently banned from Jow Forums.

Attached: Linus Torvalds.jpg (658x646, 48K)

Post applies to both anons though.
Just trying to find an example of a good tn panel that's better than a bad ips panel.
I admit that I stop looking at a monitor the moment I find out that it's tn, but I also don't just buy any ips monitor for the sake of being ips.
I also look at color accuracy, refresh rates, total input lag, and etc.
I also have a habit of skipping over ips panels that aren't 10bit.

can anyone advise me ultrawide 1440p, VA or IPS panel with 1-2ms ? i guess it doesnt even exists

AUOPTRONICS is trash.. their quality control is shit, i can t believe everyone is still buying panels from them.

>panel type affects input lag
But he's right though, an IPS panel will have more input lag than a TN panel.

Thing is, you have to clarify what you mean by "better." TN doesn't have IPS glow, for example, so that's one area that's better. Likewise pixel response times.

I'm like you though, in that I wrote off TN a long time ago as not being good enough, so I'm not sure where a good TN might be better than a bad IPS. It's possible a good TN could have less severe backlight bleed or better uniformity than a bad IPS, though.

Other than IPS glow, there isn't all that much better qualities of a tn panel. Pixel response times are only slightly better on a tn panel in comparison to an IPS.

Not the anons you're replying to, but I think you're overstating your case a bit. I'm as bullish on OLED as anyone, but I'm also realistic about its limitations. The fact is, sufficiently nonrandom content displayed over a long enough period of time WILL cause nonuniform image degradation (i.e., burn-in). Doesn't have to be continuous display, either, since aging is cumulative.

Now, the tricky thing is that it depends as much as WHAT the nonrandom content is as it does for how long it's displayed. Brighter, more saturated content will cause aging faster than dim, desaturated content. While you're correct that 15 minutes of a youtube logo in the corner of the screen won't cause any issues, it's entirely possible that over several years of regularly watching youtube you might start to see signs of burn-in. It's more a matter of if, not when, that will happen.

The reason I singled out uniformity and backlight bleed are because, at least in principle, these aren't dependent on the panel type, so it's entirely possible for any given panel (TN or otherwise) to be better in these respects than any other panel.

>It's more a matter of if, not when, that will happen.
Oops, inverted this. You know what I meant. "A matter of when, not if."

seething IPS cuck

LG shills are in full force today I see

yikes there is no cringe compilation big enough to fit you