Microsoft Project Manager Says Mozilla Should Cease Firefox Development

>A Microsoft program manager has caused a stir on Twitter over the weekend by suggesting that Firefox-maker Mozilla should give up on its own rendering engine and move on with Chromium.
>"Thought: It's time for @mozilla to get down from their philosophical ivory tower. The web is dominated by Chromium, if they really 'cared' about the web, they would be contributing instead of building a parallel universe that's used by less than five percent?" wrote Kenneth Auchenberg, who builds web developer tools for Microsoft's Visual Studio Code.

FIREFOXIUM HERE I COME BROS

Attached: 1503201231115.png (500x480, 119K)

This kills the Rustacean.

As much as I hate Apple, I will give them some credit for WebKit. It's a decent rendering engine that's free of Blink/Gecko shit jewish tricks. Failing that we still have independent rendering engines like the one found in NetSurf, which is ultra portable and works well enough for basic HTML pages and a tiny bit of JS.

Interesting this comes weeks after MS abandoned Edge for Blinkshit, guess still salty their managers don't want to 'waste' money on a insignificant engine.

Sour grapes.
and
>wanting another IE6

Have you done any serious web development? Safari is the IE6 of our time, it's full of bugs and broken standards implementations.

Of course someone from microsoft prefers a damn monopoly

t. pajeet

>listening to Microsoft when it comes to browser development
Why would anyone do this?

>Have you done any serious web development?
Not in over a decade (thank god). But I do maintain several websites and a couple NeoCities pages for myself and people I know. If you're building a static web page there's no reason for it to not be readable on a machine from 1995. You don't need custom fonts. You don't need animations and popups asking for emails. You don't need ads (if you can't afford the server fees for a simple website you have bigger problems).

HTML alone lets you position text, images, and add backgrounds. Tell me why I would need literally anything else. Modern web tech is as cancerous as it gets and cutting that shit out only makes the end user's experience that much better. Change my mind.

Attached: 1538722367560.jpg (800x640, 30K)

t. pozzilla tranny

Attached: 1542169937593.png (425x425, 71K)

>Berg from microshit
opinion immediately discarded

They were smart enough to abandon Edge, because reinventing the wheel in this day and age is just stupid and it was only faster than Chrome because they cheated in the benchmarks.

this. embrace (oy vey we'll use chrome's engine goy), standardize (oy vey mozilla are being selfish by not developing our/chrome's engine instead of their own goy), extend (oy vey chrome fork goy), extinguish (oy vey we have patents you can't implement that feature in chrome goy, use mschrome!)

You mean the kikes at google cheated and made everything worse than chrome on jewtube

Fucking lmao. Firefox is best and most ethical browser. Botnets and garbagebrowsers can eat shit.

only mozilla trannies can rewrite shit in rust and have it STILL be just as bloated, slow, and a ram hog as before
amazing

Wow, the pocket botnet and non-consensual data mining are ethical.

A reasonable question, really.

>oy vey stop trying to compete with us, goyim t. auchenberg
kek

>Thanks apple for WebKit
Daily reminder that Webkit is KDE projects KHTML which have apple sticker stamped on it

Mozilla should cease firefox development because they are killing it.
Give the project to someone else that isn't driven by google money and diversity quotas

Attached: 1546521046006.png (1000x432, 165K)

>Give the project to someone else that isn't driven by google money and diversity quotas
And who would you propose?

prove me wrong macfag

Attached: 1548694080218.jpg (625x469, 37K)

Autists on Jow Forums. They do a good job!

The exchange of code between WebCore and KHTML became increasingly difficult as the code base diverged because both projects had different approaches in coding and code sharing.[17] At one point KHTML developers said they were unlikely to accept Apple's changes and claimed the relationship between the two groups was a "bitter failure".[18] Apple submitted their changes in large patches containing very many changes with inadequate documentation, often to do with future additions. Thus, these patches were difficult for the KDE developers to integrate back into KHTML.[19] Also, Apple had demanded that developers sign non-disclosure agreements before looking at Apple's source code and even then they were unable to access Apple's bug database.[20]

During the publicized "divorce" period, KDE developer Kurt Pfeifle (pipitas) posted an article claiming KHTML developers had managed to backport many (but not all) Safari improvements from WebCore to KHTML, and they always appreciated the improvements coming from Apple and still do so. The article also noted Apple had begun to contact KHTML developers about discussing how to improve the mutual relationship and ways of future cooperation.[21] In fact, the KDE project was able to incorporate some of these changes to improve KHTML's rendering speed and add features, including compliance with the Acid2 rendering test.[22]

>diversity quotas
>a bad thing when annoying boomer developers sitting the interviews naturally pick other annoying boomer developers over people with something new to contribute, technically or socially
top bait. enjoy working with 100 clones of the same hypercompetitive toxic mlp obsessed sperglord instead of normal people with different ideas and backgrounds.
>muh gotta have the best technical team even if it creates an awful work environment and product that reflects that environment, gotta make firefox ready to fight the borg in 10 years
lel enjoy firefox 70: rainbow dash emacs edition

>wikipedia
>not even support your case
typical macfag

Attached: penn.jpg (300x400, 31K)

At this point anybody who isn't google or some mega corp really.
It literally cannot get any worse than the current state of mozilla

What are you even on about? How is having an certain percentage of women and niggers on your team helps make a software better?

and more to the point
>women in tech sell themselves in interviews far less aggressively and tend to be less confident
>thus women don't get hired
>diversity quotas are bad REEEEEEEEEEEEE get out fembots
>why can't I get a girlfriend? :( this industry is a sausage fest
lololololololololololololololololololololol keep cucking yourself salty nerds

>something new to contribute...socially
this_is_a_canoe.bait.png

Fuck off, retard.

you have yet to explain how having more women and non-whites will improve the actual software
all you said is that having women on the team supposedly will improve the social life of the man who are also part of the team

a lot of claims and very little evidence or basic logic behind them

Nigger, Google purposefully broke their services for edge.

Microsoft shouldn’t have designed their rendering engine that way, so it can be easily broken.

He got roasted and shut down by almost everybody that replied to him, including people who work on Chrome. Nobody cares what some Danish cuck thinks.

Their engine was way ahead of Google's cluster fuck

That's fine for display websites, but if you need anything interactive you're going to have to start playing with javascript.
Yes the frameworks are bulky, but there a good way to get started without having to re write a lot of it yourself.
>tldr youre correct for static sites, but wrong for interactive ones

>can't read

haha. butt hurt indian at microsoft detected.

Attached: trans.jpg (800x2890, 820K)

>Microsoft Project Manager Says Mozilla Should Cease Firefox Development
that's like ms saying to google they should cease their search engine

html, images, audio/video that can't auto play/load would work for everything except botnet sites. I still think some css might be ok.

>Microsoft Pajeet Manager
Who read it the same?

>duhhh thx aplle!
Fuck off Apple didn't do shit: WebKit is a fork of KDE KHTML.

Remember: since day 1 they have been copying research technologies and then claiming that they invented everything. From motherfucking Xerox to Samsung.

Attached: samsung-pre-iphone-designs.png (770x503, 138K)

>At this point anybody who isn't google or some mega corp really.
But who has the resources to develop their own web engine if not a corporation?

Defending diversity quotas? You don't belong on this board, go back to your Discord, tranny.

Like everyone is on Chrome and even Edge will run Chromium engine like the Samsung browser does.

Attached: 1024px-StatCounter-browser-ww-monthly-201707-201707-map.png (1024x592, 523K)

that's a very, very subtle way of asking mozilla write browser engine for them
microsoft where u at, years of asking u to drop IE and edge, both in writing and through simply not using it, and you haven't got a clue. now you got it but even before taking over other people's work, you have the nerve to ask other people to drop their projects and work for you instead.
just think about it. what the fuck.

this is the power of corporate open source for you

KHTML is a mere shadow of Webkit, you drooling retard.

>A Microsoft program manager
>on Twitter
> builds web developer tools for Microsoft's Visual Studio Code

Ok, that's enough, fuck this thread

Attached: bait2.gif (323x221, 208K)

>>A Microsoft program manager has caused a stir on Twitter over the weekend by suggesting that Firefox-maker Mozilla should give up on its own rendering engine and move on with Chromium.
What about when chromium stagnates like IE6?

good software is written by competent people period.. it doesn't matter what the fuck they are.. and keep their shitty views to themselves. the pajeet meme and the wahhmennn meme just a bunch of whitiods seething about changing demographics

It's one of the most prominent open source projects. It can't. IE6 was solely developed by Microsoft.

t. seething pajeet

Found the gynoid ranjeet

>web developer tools for Microsoft's Visual Studio Code
ahahahahahaha holy shit people really use this for webdev? Because muh is so hard or what? Ahahahah you fucking mongoloids, there are better alternatives.

Chromium is probably 90% developed by googlel

no one cares what microshit says

cope and stop being in denial retard

Yes, take away proper font rendering and performance on my system. Thanks microsoft. You can choke to death on my dick now.

Yea, since you're so knowledgeable explain all the major features of what the web developer visual studio code bloat are for the rest of us who aren't webshits.

>Firefox is best and most ethical browser.
wat

Around 200mb of editor with support for literally every language on the planet including some of the best telemetry you could get and you are not allowed to use it commercially without paying for a license. There is no need for big explanations because I can't even post that much here and even if I did my guess is nobody would read it anyway.

Firefox have tracking protection, so browser do not sends pings to StatCounter for statistics. That's why Firefox isn't included in their shitty stats

Attached: 1546954258260.png (392x349, 17K)

The alternatives are literal spyware developed by faceless corporations or reskins of said spyware. Firefox is the lesser bad here.

imagine cucking yourself to microsoft's botnet because you're scared of queers.
only america could spawn such emotional weakness.

So its just botnet? I am honestly shocked, and from microsoft of all people. I just don't know what to say, microsoft would spy on its users. Its, I just don't know. We should have never introduced plumbing to India.

Well its interesting because you're implying that cucking yourself to Mozilla and all the vileness that's attached to it. This is what happens when you let men larping as women out of the sanitarium.

>interactive
the entire point of the WWW was to make an easily-navigable distributed repository of information. The only interactivity required for this is some links. If you need something more interactive than that, then you probably are not using the WWW for anything it was ever intended to do, nor are you using it for anything it's actually good at.

webdev isn't just about divs within divs sweetie, it hasn't been that way since the 90s.

xD

Again, there's literally no benefit to less html engines. If everyone's contributing to the same engine, it means less competition, which means stagnation.

Also, why are web people such retards? Html is the only language where trying to write your own interpreter is met with genuine anger.

What is open source but closed source software developed for free

Pfft, maybe they should have tried rewriting it in C++, the industry's greatest success story for power, performance, and portability.

Mozilla protects my privacy. MS does not. you are the cuck.

>Mozilla protects my privacy.
It does not. You have to personally and individually go through all avenues possible to tell Mozilla to FUCK OFF.

>Mozilla protects my privacy
yikes

>not using ungoogled chromium in 2017+X

okay? can I do that with Internet Explorer pajeet?

They do not, but you can tweak or fork Firefox to respect it. Something that can't be said for proprietary software.

>implying microsoft has capacity to beat jewgle at their own game
the diversity hires are just for PR, you mongoloid
for every tranny they hire, they also hire 10 competent autists that actually do the work
microsoft is in no position to EEE jewgle

Mozilla should die.

Attached: womyn_and_shitskins_cant_into_merit.png (1352x1448, 182K)

Fucking this. I ish wish twitposters were banned from Jow Forums

If I ever become a mod I'm going to bad everyone who posts screencaps of social media on sight

>(((Auchenberg)))

>moving beyond meritocracy
so that's why it has been going to shit.
>if I ever become a mod
which is exactly why you wont

That's what Microsoft is doing woth browsers for decades.
It starte with the first browser war when netscape was dominating the web industry so microsoft decided to make a copy of it and put it freely onto their OS which already had 90% market share. This killed netscape since you didn't have to buy a browser. Time passed and IE became the dominant Web Browser and Netscape died. But Netscape was smart and launched the source code under the new non-profit organisation, Mozilla. Time passed with IE being the dominant browser until Mozilla Firefox and Chrome got popular, while IE was slowly diying. Fast forward until now when Firefox and Chrome are dominating the market. Microsoft noticed this so they decided to move to Chrome. Why? Because Mozilla Firefox is politicaly the descendant of Netscape, the main enemy of Mozilla back then, and Chrome is the enemy of Firefox now. That's what Microsoft wants to do. They are trying to get back to their old browser glory days.
>It's time for mozilla to get down from their philosophical tower and move to chrome.
See? They just want for Netscapefox to use (((their))) technology and kill it again. Microsoft is trying to start another browse war.

>chairwoman

Attached: MB_H.jpg (1024x512, 106K)

When someone genuinely believes an engine is just an engine and not part of some evil scheme to take over the world, then it's really just a smart suggestion. Gecko has seen its best days. Having to deal with browser compatibility shit is annoying and a waste of time. Just drop it already.
Right now I may still be using 52 myself, because it works fine for me, but once too much shit stops working, I'm switching to a blink based browser. Not upgrading any further on firefox. I'm already am using Vivaldi as backup browser and apart from lack of favorite plugins, I like it.
One day blink will be over its prime too, and some other challenger will take over. It's just how it works.

>Microsoft is trying to start another browse war.
Eh.. Not sure where you've been lately, but the war has already been going for years and Chrome won.

Chairperson, you sexist pig!

>give up, you cant win, says competitor

"Chairperson" sounds like a horror B-movie name or something

I'm pretty sure they are long over that.

>good software is written by competent people period.. it doesn't matter what the fuck they are..
Did you have a stroke and forget which side of the argument you're on?

autism

> 20 years later and they're still but hurt about getting rekt by netscape and the government
Lmaooooooo

Sounds like someone is delusional enough to believe, that Microsoft can wrestle the control of Chrome from Google

>change is bad
Okay, buddy

Safari really has gone down the shitter.