Firefox v65

It's out bros

What did they break this time? For me, they broke the light theme that had silver window title bar, now it's the default Windows title bar color.

Attached: 1527755875157.png (1200x1200, 273K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/65.0/
bpaste.net/show/0ebacb7d2664
bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/firefox-will-show-browser-notifications-in-the-windows-10-action-center/
github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/issues/164
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/arc-dark-theme-we/?src=search
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/matte-black-v2/?src=search
twitter.com/AnonBabble

shill thread, carry on

Oh I forgot this is the board for the never ending Intel vs AMD, AMD vs NVIDIA, Apple vs Android, and *insert Linux distro name* vs *insert other Linux distro name* threads.

>It's out bros
I already used it for weeks.
>What did they break this time?
Nothing really. I'm pretty satisfied with it. WebP support and cookie blocking now being incorporated into content blocking is pretty nice.

Being using webp on waterfox for years.

Didn't know that. Nice to see that Waterfox had/has a bit more to offer compared to FF than support for NPAPI plugins.
Although (not to belittle their effort) WebP wasn't that good until recent versions.

I'm on Chromium, idgaf.

Tab Mix Plus WE yet?
DownThemAll! WE yet?

This was automatically enabled after updating, what the fuck Mozilla?

Attached: mozilla.png (400x31, 2K)

ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/65.0/
get it from here if you want ~5MB auto updates
>to copy the icons
bpaste.net/show/0ebacb7d2664
>to create a launcher
settings > set as default, this will create a ff.desktop in .local/share/applications/ and add in .config/mimeapps.list

OH NO NO NO NO

Address bar shows suggestions despite having them turned off.

Attached: 😂🔫.png (553x33, 2K)

That's why you force about:config tweaks via a custom user.js. This prevents updates from changing your changes.
Add
user_pref("browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.asrouter.userprefs.cfr", false);
to disable it.

How can I enable uBlock or other extensions on addons.mozilla.org? Addons do not work on that site...

>still no built in tor windows/tabs
What's taking them so long? Even brave has this.

>more bloat
weak bait

>still no built in tor windows/tabs
For what purpose?

>firefox
Yikes.

Attached: waterfox.png (534x322, 17K)

Supporting as many non-clearnet protocols is a good thing, especially since they basically said they'll integrate tor tabs.

If you don't want features then use Surf.

report it to their bug tracking system

thanks

I'd never use tor outside the official tor browser, but it could be useful for getting normies to get their feet wet with tor.

The more normies using tor, the better.

Is it out on the ubuntu reps yet? I tried checking for updates and it's still 64.

the only fix i can see is less webpage timeouts

No. Wait day or two, until it's fully tested.

I thought Firefox 65 was getting native notifications in Windows 10? Why is it still using a custom notification system that often appears underneath the native notifications?

bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/firefox-will-show-browser-notifications-in-the-windows-10-action-center/

What notifications could firefox possibly need to send?

Fucking Christ Mozilla. All you have to do is nothing, and you can't do it

What from TabMixPlus are you missing? I got multiple rows of tabs to work.

For one example, Jow Forums X shows web notifications when someone replies to your post. It just gave me a notification when you replied to my post.

Oh. That sounds exhausting to me but I hate notifications.

By default notifications are off and sites can ask permissions to use them.

I just want my tab bar below the address bar again, the previous solution via custom userchrome file no longer works. Any help?

Attached: crying remi.png (245x275, 92K)

github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/issues/164

thank you

where is the latest guide to decrapify the new release then

Idk what they did, but it's lightning fast now

Still no webext real session manager. I'll stick to 56 for another 6 weeks.

>they broke the light theme that had silver window title bar
Holy shit. This is big for me! Was this intentional? My title bar looks horrible now! Pic related.

What's the difference from the default and the light theme now?

Attached: file.png (525x102, 9K)

It's the same for the dark color as well. It's fucking retarded. There is a slight difference in lightness between the default and the light theme, and actually the default seems lighter now on my monitor, kek.

Never Installâ„¢

been using firefox for 10 years, it's the best!

>he doesn't realize you can easily do this yourself without relying on some third party developer
Yikes.

>WebP
Too late. Even Google abandoned it in favor of AVIF.

They just released libwebp 1.0.2 like 10 days ago.
Plus AVIF is still in its draft stage, so I gladly take WebP until it matured into a usable image format.

Looks like a deliberate change. Found these two themes that mostly restore the all black theme. Found similar for white themes as well.
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/arc-dark-theme-we/?src=search
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/matte-black-v2/?src=search

> doesn't realize one can write their own browser to their liking

Let's take one example, how would you *easily* remove telemetry ?

Librefox does that for you if it must be premade. user.js is fine, too.

User.js disables sending of telemetry. Firefox still collects data on your computer.

> about:telemetry

Where the fuck is WebP even used? The only place I've seen it being used was the Play Store in the browser.

>it's another Mozilla fucks something up on purpose and you have to rely on 3rd party add-ons and themes episode

Attached: 1522783632587.png (1022x731, 643K)

Pretty much all the sites that uses webp has a fallback in case your browser doesn't support it, that's why you may think there's no webs using it.

ie. 9gag