Manual:
mpv.io/manual/

User scripts and shaders:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

Evaluating mpv's upscaling algorithms:
artoriuz.github.io/mpv_upscaling.html

Post your CONF file:
pastebin.com/VFdVhcWz

Attached: mpv_easy_player_1747.jpg (880x515, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/cmdrkotori/mpc-qt
github.com/wiiaboo/mpv-scripts/blob/master/auto-profiles.lua
github.com/wm4/mpv_backup
github.com/4e6/mpv-reload
wpd.app/
gist.github.com/bitingsock/f9a87ea158035d4a36899b559d611228
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-hwdec).
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mpv = must punish vlcfags

How do I make my mpv look like that?

Look the fucking title of the GUI. Jesus, this is Jow Forums, not reddit, put some effort.

Is there any Qt5 UI for mpv?

mpv would be better without any gu instead of that half-assed "osc" crap
and fuck lua desu

Updated youtube-dl yesterday, and all is well.

github.com/cmdrkotori/mpc-qt

if you hate it so much, just turn it off...

is there a script to blur the video behind the osc?

it looks like shit tho

Whenever I go fullscreen with mpv, it crashes KDE

*krashes

are there codec specific profiles?

I have
extension.webm
loop-file

but what I'd really like is

codec.vp8
loop-file

github.com/wiiaboo/mpv-scripts/blob/master/auto-profiles.lua

>torrent chinese cartoon sequentially
>open in mpv
>it stops playing at the point the download was at when I opened it
Still better than mpc-hc or traffic cone though.

How do we get him to come back?
github.com/wm4/mpv_backup

Maybe try this; github.com/4e6/mpv-reload ?

Thanks

What am I doing wrong though

[webm]
profile-desc=cond:p.video-codec=vp8
loop-file

I get

[auto_profiles] Profile 'webm' condition: [string "profile webm condition"]:1: '' expected near '='

nvm, didn't read the description properly, brb

ok, I'm getting the same error
tried

profile-desc=cond:p["video-codec"]=vp8
and
profile-desc=cond:p.video_codec=vp8

ok so now I have

[webm]
profile-desc=cond:p["video-codec"]=="vp8"
loop-file

I no longer get any errors, but the files no longer loop as expected

Figured it out though
Turns out the right option was

profile-desc=cond:p["video-format"]=="vp8"

thanks for reading my blog

Have you tried x11-bypass-compositor=fs-only?

>loonix
>mpv
Worst combination ever.
You can't bombard a barn with daisy cutters and expect the barn to produce milk.

I recommend:
>Windows
>VLC

Like this?

Attached: HciwU.jpg (1906x984, 237K)

Script in order to get mpv working
muhh mpv gooddd
Can't believe this level of autism

>still has a worse gui than windows media player in win98

SMPlayer

>install mpc-hc
>need to install dozens of lav filters and madvr
>let alone botnet os
no thanks

Attached: baka.jpg (289x285, 11K)

only one of those (the last one) is to get mpv working
all the others are to get an enhancement userscript to work

One guy having a problem I've never seen before and another modifying his player to automate menial tasts.
muh autism gooddd
Can't believe this level of brainlet cope

Attached: 1378773033860.png (1920x1080, 2M)

Settings -> Display and Monitor -> Compositor -> Uncheck "Allow Applications to block compositing"

>install mpc-hc
VLC

>need to install dozens of lav filters and madvr
VLC does not need this either

>let alone botnet os
Win7 + wpd.app/

With this combination, no scripts and no other shit is needed to enjoy movies and tv-series.

>only one of those (the last one) is to get mpv working
VLC does not require you to mod/script it, in order to make it work as expected.

where is your point?

Or you can unzip mpv, maybe use the bat file for file associations if you like and it just werkz better, faster and leaner than the alternatives.
Where is yours?

this is interesting

Attached: vlc.gif (330x171, 1.33M)

In the comment you originally replied to.

Never had any issues with VLC. Starts fast, runs stable, plays alle the videos without any problems.

retard

Really, you guys randomly post such webm's or gifs and i personally, in all the years i'm using VLC have not encountered this phenomenon a single time.
Something you guys are doing wrong.

I see nothing but a shitpost that came from either a brainlet or a troll in the original comment. You might get better responses if you put in more effort when posting.
I have the same experience with mpv.

You aren't watching enough 10bit anime (the only encodes worth watching).

>I see nothing but a shitpost that came from either a brainlet or a troll in the original comment. You might get better responses if you put in more effort when posting.
So you admit that you already for the second time don't get the point while having read my comment? Serious?

I make this clear for a slowthinker like you:
A program, that has to be tweaked and scripted in order to work is a shitty program.
VLC like other programs run out of the box after installing and i regularily read these mpv shill threads and the pure autism that goes on in them to get mpv working.
Then tell me, in what way is such a hassle worth it to consider mpv over VLC?

>I have the same experience with mpv.
Yes, after tweaking it for weeks maybe.

I mean it's okay to live out your very personal autism and masochism with tweaking worthless loonix OS's and media players that don't work without doing this, but don't call this good or better in anyway compared to things that work out of the box.
The definition of a good program seems to differ from what you are thinking it is.
And this is not MY problem, nor is it me who's the brainlet when i am the only one of us both who really understood this.

Is this enough effort for you?

>10bit anime
FFS, load worthy and quality coded videos, then you don't have to tweak the shit out of a worthless media player in order to watch these animes.

How do you make VLC load different settings depending on the video-codec of the file you're playing?
Either way, VLC sucks dick. Even if the settings existed I'd still be stuck with the problem that if I were to seek too much the A/V would get desynchronised and I'd have to stop and start it again.

Christ, you're a moron. mpv works perfectly out of the box. Tweaking isn't necessary to get it to work, it's necessary if you want to tweak it.

Do I need to summon h*rkz to lecture you? 8bit anime ALWAYS takes more space and creates more banding than 10bit even though the source is nearly always 8bit. If you stop downloading shitty hardsubbed mp4 rencodes then VLC won't be up to par anymore.

>How do you make VLC load different settings depending on the video-codec of the file you're playing?
There is no scenario possible on this planet that requires this.
You play a video by playing it. What the heck do you need to make a player behave a certain way for each codecs?
Do you watch kill bill.avi a different way than you would watch kill bill.mkv?
You are trolling.

>Either way, VLC sucks dick. Even if the settings existed I'd still be stuck with the problem that if I were to seek too much the A/V would get desynchronised and I'd have to stop and start it again.
"j" and "k" while playing.

You made yet another comment without any point or sense.

yes sure, that wahy people here constantly ask for help because mpv does not work properly.
I am reading these threads for a while now, and never replied, but don't try to bullhit me.

>double click file
>window opens and starts playing
>double click another file
>another window opens and starts playing
>there's absolutely no way to open files on the same window
pajeet tier software

I have a lot of webms. I want those webms to loop, the way they do on a web browser. But only if they're vp8 webms, the kind Jow Forums uses, because vp9 webms are a type of webm used online (e.g. youtube videos). If I open a youtube video in mpv I don't want it to loop outomatically

>"j" and "k" while playing.
lmao. VLC breaks if you seek. Or at least it used to when I stopped using it. mpv has perfect buttery smooth scrubbing/scrolling. If I need to rewind a lecture, or do anything else I don't have to worry about it crashing on me because it can't handle it.

So how big is the file size difference and total size of lemme say a 40 minutes anime?
We have like 16TB HDDs available.

If you were capable of reading the posts above you, you would see that someone wanted to loop webm files like they are on our dear 4channel. You can't do that for webm's specifically on VLC.

is this useful?
gist.github.com/bitingsock/f9a87ea158035d4a36899b559d611228

this!!!!

>unironically using this trash

Attached: the absolute state of vlc.webm (488x434, 1.07M)

My experience has been a high quality hardsubbed mp4 (still worse than the average simulcast mkv) is about 100 mb more per episode.

Your post shows that you are incredibly stupid. Not only do you imply that mpv needs this tweaking, that it is guaranteed to have problems and you also imply that VLC never has problems.

mpv does not need tweaking. You use your package manager to install it, or you unzip it if you're using Windows and that's it, "it works out of the box". It works faster, taking up less resources than VLC and provides, among its other perks, a minimal player that is very customizable. If you believe that setting up a program to cater more to your tastes is a hassle (mpv's whole config folder is portable, so you only have to do these once), I can tell you right now that you are retarded. Its customization is incredible, and thus these threads persist: to share new findings, new developments and general ideas. And yes, it is worth the non-existant hassle.

I understand that you feel inferior to the people who use Linux and programs like mpv, and I thus urge you to stop visiting Jow Forums so that you may avoid this pain that we cause to you. Your posts fail to communicate your proposed intellectual superiority you have over me, and your post indicates that it is a problem for you. You could have avoided a few captchas if this was your opening post, and you would've come across as more honest as well.

user go easy, you're going to bullycide him.

what? did it change behaviour?
It used to be that mpv would not spawn a new instance if you double-clicked a file, but would instead load it in the existing instance.

>looping webm's
There's a button on the VLC, you can enable or disable loop by just one click.
You even can loop an entire folder of short videos or webm's if you want or just a single one.
No script needed.

>lmao. VLC breaks if you seek. Or at least it used to when I stopped using it.
I am using VLC since 2004 or even earlier and i never had such problems.
Also, if you want to correct the delay, use MKVtoolNix and correct it this way.
Then the file has no delay anymore and you don't even have to reencode or to correct the delay every time you play the video.

I think he might be trolling desu, there's no way someone is that stupid.

read:

>MKVtoolNix
>reencode the video because VLC fucks up the audio when you seek
yeah, definitely trolling

There is no reason to feel inferior when i myself use way better software.
Your entire post lacks sense. But thanks for the pure projection.

Yes, it seems so, if you want an entire playlist to find the video files' location on the first video's load but I probably am not understanding it correctly.

It only resolves the url of the next video when near the end of the current file, not all files at once. If all files were resolved at once, there is no guarantee the urls would still be valid when you reach the end

You need the autoprofiles script for his use case, yes. It is also oddly specific. But you can't do that on any other player. You can easily set certain file types themselves to loop on mpv as well without the need for any script, as long as you restrict yourself to discriminating by file type only. You can also bind a key to set looping.
>I have no further arguments
Thank you for finally conceding.

>reencode the video because VLC fucks up the audio when you seek
>yeah, definitely trolling
No such things happening
But tell me why should you correct a delay every time you play a video, when you can easily correct it one time for all?

>loop
The button for loop is already there in VLC. Can be used whenever you need this.

>Thank you for finally conceding.
You lack the understanding to make such a judgement.

pls stop replying to the troll

It could be a torrent, for example. You cannot seed if you modify the file.
>The button for loop is already there in VLC.
You already asserted this.
>You lack the understanding to make such a judgement.
I'm fine, thank you. If you have anything else to add, just @ me, I'll do my best to help.

When I try to watch 4k (30 hz, that's all i seem to be allowed to do), some videos drop lots of frames constantly. These dropped frames are all on the output. 0 on the decoder. What do dropped frames in the output mean? Is this solvable?
Ryzen 1500x, RX 480, open source amd drivers, HDMI output (pretty sure it's HDMI 1)

>MKVtoolNix
>external software
disregarded

Attached: 1501399946863.jpg (320x320, 18K)

>It could be a torrent, for example. You cannot seed if you modify the file.
Torrenting these days and ages is headshot pure.
Also, if people seed damaged or non correct files, they have to be replaced.
Correct the video file and seed it as a corrected version with the prefix "fixed audio".
DDL releasers do this also when they fucked up the original release. At least the quality releasers.

The issue is likely your 30hz display. Try video-sync=display-resample and see if it helps.

>VLC
>better than anything
The whole shtick of VLC is that it's retard friendly. It's not best at anything else.

nonargument

Your ports on the monitor and GPU must support a standard new enough to do 4k 60Hz. For HDMI that's 2.0, I believe. What's your config? Are you using a hardware decoder?
>some videos
Anything more specific? What codec, for example?
>headshot pure
Are you using Google translate?

If out of the box usability is a retard thing, then some mpv fags that claim the same "runs out of the box" atomatically admitted that mpv is for retards as well?

>It's not best at anything else.
Did not say this. I just said it is way better than mpv

what is google?

Running out of the box doesn't mean it's not intimidating to people who aren't knowledgeable in tech. I don't give a shit about your argument but claiming VLC is good at anything other than appealing to lowest common denominator is laughable.

Attached: 1350689345643.jpg (630x653, 38K)

didn't work
I'm just using
profile=opengl-hq

back to the factory line, zhang, break time is over

Like the fellow before mentioned, try video-sync=display-resample. Try a hardware decoder, vdpau is safe and vaapi is usually safe (mpv.io/manual/master/#options-hwdec). If it works with an empty config, that is without what is now profile=gpu-hq (is your mpv up to date?) it usually means that your hardware is too weak. You can try various things like ignoring the compositor to see if you get better performance. Does it happen only on certain codecs?

>I don't give a shit about your argument ...
With other words, you admit that you are absolutely resistant to any points made. Thanks for giving in, that you lost the conversation.

>... but claiming VLC is good at anything other than appealing to lowest common denominator is laughable.
Here you are at pure projection again
As i said (you only have to read my previous comments) i use VLC since 2004 and i never had problems with it.
So how is nearly 15 years of positive experience not a enough to say it works very well?

But if you are way to retarded to install VLC correctly, don't blame it on the people who can.
By blaming others for your faults, you show that you make false assumptions.
And this is either intentionally, which makes you a troll, or you do this unintentionally, which proves you being a retard of the worst kind.
Chose one. I don't wanna judge.

display-resample didn't help, nor did disabling profile=gpu-hq
I tried two 4k videos. One had a bit rate that hovered between 8k-10k, that one dropped no frames
Other hovered between 12-16k and that one dropped lots of frames.
How do I use vdpau with mpv? And desu, why would that matter? It's saying 0 decoder dropped frames.
Even firefox seems a little choppy, but my cpu usage doesn't go above 33% even with the higher bit rate video

If you've ran the software for 15 years without issues you just might be a unicorn, legitimate retard or legally blind.

Wow, he triggered you hard.

Can you give me a screenshot of the stats screen for one of the offending files is playing? Hardware decoders might not work on all codecs and using it requires a package. If you get more speed, you're likely to see improvement. Or get closer to the problem.

I'm a simple man

mpv.conf
no-border
snap-window
video-sync=display-resample
screenshot-format=png
save-position-on-quit
audio-channels=2

input.conf
MOUSE_BTN3 add volume +2
MOUSE_BTN4 add volume -2

script-opts/osc.conf
layout=box

scripts/
autoload.lua

Attached: DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20190129190800.png (2914x2159, 2.47M)

>unicorn or blind
You are projecting AGAIN, just in order to make a point that is none.
The pure fact, that you find it impossible that people run VLC for many years witout any issues shows how bitten in and frustrated you are.
You would rather claim 2+2=5 than giving in that VLC works.
But you guys call ME retard? Seriously?

>Wow, he triggered you hard.
And he lost and gave in also.

You don't actually need any script to use MPV. It's just a way to customise the application. Bashing MPV for supporting scripts is like bashing Chromium and Firefox for supporting extensions.

I've encountered some files which outright don't play in VLC but work fine in MPV.

Those timings are huge. For reference, to play at 30 FPS, you want the combined timings to be below ~33200. You are getting dangerously close. Try to get a hardware decoder working, or squeze some performance from elsewhere. Trying different gpu-contexts, vulkan and vd-lavc-dr / opengl-pbo. For reference, do the timings lower when you empty the config?

This comment sounds a lot more sense making than muhh retard VLC users.
I just wanted to show an example on how it is when people bash on something.
mpv users do this all the time with VLC users and await to be treated much better from them who they treat like shit.
Sometimes it rains back you know.

I know that mpv runs good without tweaking and stuff, but i still prefer the VLC because of GUI usability that is there right out of the box.

>I've encountered some files which outright don't play in VLC but work fine in MPV.
Just had two files like more than 10 years ago. It was some weird codec i only came across two times. But they didn't play in all other players i found, not even them who were recommended to me when i gooogled it.

I don't know why the redraw is so high. It's usually at 0 or close to it. I wiped the conf file and it went down to like 10k, but dropped frames is about the same.
I might give up on X and go to wayland