Hey, I've been out of the loop for a little while, is AMD a viable and worth it option for my new build?

hey, I've been out of the loop for a little while, is AMD a viable and worth it option for my new build?

I'm deciding on getting an i7-9700k and an RTX 2080.

I guess my question is, how far away is zen 2, and is it going to perform way better? and what about vega 7

Attached: 20190104_033716.jpg (707x788, 323K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r5Doo-zgyQs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Zen 2 is mid year and will beat the i9 9900 and the radeon vii is released 7th February and is on par with the 2080
Im going full amd this year

zen2 is around mid year
i7 9700k will hold an advantage against 2700x for gaming in 1080, less so in 1440p and you'll be pretty much gpu bound in 4k
also, reminder that while intel too will perform better with faster ram, it's a gamechanger on amd, so don't skimp on it in case you go red
egineering sample from zen2 was pretty damn based but we have yet to see final specs and which model it truly was. still, it seems to be indeed faster, but until we get those benchs we can't really know just how much of an advantage it does or doesn't hold against intel

Pooga 7 will likely perform worse than a 2080 aside from cherry picked games. Also 300 Watts compared to 225 Watts is a pretty big jump for similar/worse performance.

AMD won't release anything at that performance level for the remainder of this year. Navi will be low-mid range if it even comes and Nvidia probably won't do a 7nm refresh until 2020 either. If you want 2080 performance your only real option right now is to buy a 2080.

>how far away is zen 2
Middle of the year probably
>and is it going to perform way better?
Seems like it
>and what about vega 7
Only "leaks" so far, but looks underwhelming

Not in games though. OP just get the intel and dap on these waitfags for years to come.

Well i dabble in blender and unity, so if its purely for gaming intel and nvidia are better, but 8gb vram just seems pathetic to me

Get a AMD+Nvidia build, intel is shit now

Ryzen is the overall best value processor, unless you exclusively use your computer for games at 1080p, in which case, go Intel.

My GPU literally just died today. I think the vram got wrecked. It lasted me 7 years. I now need a new one.
Is there anything decent for 250 euro's for 1080p gaming?
I've read that the RX580 is good.

Try to score one of those Vega 56 Used, they are way better value.Just get it on a reliable marketplace so you dont get fads.

Unless you feel stupid paying 200% for 10% more performance.

Expect zen 2 somewhere from may to september (depending on yields and production volume they may release only hi-end first, like they did wih zen 1, and midrange will follow later). It will likely match intel in performance but consume less power.
Regarding intel, 9xxx is hot shit. It's inferior to 8xxx because of thick silicon and shit solder. Considering how hot they are, delidded 8700k will be much better, and delidding is pretty much routine for intel cucks anyway.
youtube.com/watch?v=r5Doo-zgyQs

Regarding vega 7, it's more sane deal than 2080 but still worse than 1080 ti. 2080 is not only overpriced, but also has high fault rates.

june, yes, no

That was actually very interesting.
>So the question is, did we fool ourselves by pushing Intel to get soldered CPUs? Now the die is thicker because they had to solder it?
Intel should never have gone away from soldering in my personal opinion. Perhaps it's a necessary design compromise, perhaps it's an amateurish mistake from lack of recent experience with soldering CPUs.
Hopefully Intel gets its shit together.

Attached: How low can you go.png (1680x945, 124K)

>75 watts is a lot
you retarded or something?

>5c from lapping the die
holy fuckin shit, just take some power tools to your $400 processor for better performance kek

Their solder is shit. They have always been, so it's even worse with soldering. There's multiple reports of people breaking their 9900k because of the solder. If they're going to deliver temperatures, it should at least be easy to delid like it had always been. They already charge a premium and you still get shat on.

t.poorfag

The 2080 beats the 1080ti even with 3gb less vram. It sucks but it's true.

Except it doesn't, is more expensive and has high fault rate.

Now you're mistaking the 2080ti FE pcb with the regular 2080. You can leave now.