Is there any point in dual-booting Windows 10 / Linux distro in 2019?

Is there any point in dual-booting Windows 10 / Linux distro in 2019?

Just copped a new MemePad that came with Windows 10 installed on it and not sure if I should wipe the entire drive.

Attached: dual.jpg (921x384, 16K)

There is literally no reason to have windows on a laptop.

Windows is for games and even then you can run most of them on Linux.

There's literally no reason to have Linux on anything other than a router.

With "Windows Subsystem for Linux" you really don't need a dedicated Linux partition.

If you stick with Windows make sure to put a fresh install because Lenovo puts spyware in by default

Not really, just install your preferred Linux distro and run Windows 7 in a vm.

Windows is spyware

there is literally no reason to ever have windows installed outside of a VM.

Linux is spyware

your phone?

based

Intlel and ayymd are spyware

I believe the term you're looking for is "botnet"

Just install pure Linux you pussy.
The only people who want to dual boot Linux and Windows are insecure of their ability to use operate in Linux or gaymers.
But even now gayming is becoming more and more accessible than it used to be and a lot of devs make their shit compatible with Linux these days.
Trust yourself, Ganoo slash Linucks doesn't bite.

Since moving to Linux I have not once ever needed to use Windows.

I have dual boot set up but only for adobe bullshit.
for my job

Check if the software you need runs on Wine.
If it does thaen forget about windows.

If want to play much games then consider steam proton, otherwise windows.

If you can use steam proton but you're held back by ms office or some kind of garbage software (oh, hey adobe) consider virtualbox/vmware.

Unless you really really need windows on bare metal there is no point of using it on a laptop.

p.s
Since laptop is a mobile device - you don't want it to update for an hour while being on a train/plain/bus or wherever you want to use this thing.

I personally have zero use for Winshit. The only reason to ever use it is for compatibility with niche software that doesn't run in WINE. The OS itself sucks big buttholes and anything past 7 is totally unusable.

Attached: dK5JL7sX3c3SyjHcSHY_oXsCbda0qOvEMI7sgJF55V0.jpg (1536x1152, 172K)

android is a garbage OS

The post is indeed two things, for one: it is based. But the secondary affect of which there is plenty within the subject of this post, that constitutes it in near entirety, of all it's marvelous and breathtaking features, is a quality unmatched by the likes of it's contemporaries: redpilled.
Thus indeed, and/or ergo; this post is both based and redpilled.

Almost no reason from both sides. Windows subsystem for Linux and wine exists — both are getting the shit done.
If you are into music — there are some problems with emulating vsts through wine, although most daws and music related stuff works fine (I have no problem with elektron overbridge on Linux). Also if you are musican you should install Osx. Our just buy Ipad.

I personally prefer Linux - since it is my daily drivers for lady for years, you have control over updates, and is much much lighter than bloated Microsoft product.

Why are you even asking us? If you need Windows on your laptop for some reason then keep it, if you don't need it then you might as well remove the Windows infestation. I'd remove Windows but I don't have any specific reason to have it anywhere near my own computers. Your needs may differ.

>android is garbage
ok, list some android problems and explain how other mobile OS deal better with them

>With "Windows Subsystem for Linux" you really don't need a dedicated Linux partition.
>If you stick with Windows make sure to put a fresh install because Lenovo puts spyware in by default
WSL is trash, shit crashes every single time. I'd rather MySys instead.

>using windows 10
wtf are you doing nigger?

No, just install Win 7.

> Windows
Visual Studio 2019, Office, Adobe, Sumatra & latest games & software releases.
> Linux
Everything Else.

>t. doesn’t care about MIDI

literally just use kvm and vfio passthrough and never have to worry about dual boot ever again

Search for WinLite in source forge, then apply it while installing with a new ISO
That's it.

I find this such a shitty answer, Linux subsystem. All that happens is system calls are translated into windows calls and allows a kind of bash terminal with gnu tool set. You aren't running linux plus it's buggy as fuck. If you want to run linux run linux, why larp on a shitty OS

Attached: 1547247975884.jpg (500x308, 69K)

I have a Soundblaster Z but Creative drivers sucks and aren't compatible with Linux
If I use Linux as the host can Windows from a VM recognize the sound card even if the host doesn't support it?

If you are a student, or work in a place wäre you habe to handle documents, I suggest you keep a backup Windows.

Not for you but for others. If you have to modify a document, or work in Excel made by others/given to others, or present in ppt, you'll be thankful to have it. If that's not you, purge away

Linux subsystem is still shit. So many things you can't do, or which works oddly for no goddamn reason.