Is it over Jow Forums?

businessnewsdaily.com/2377-social-media-hiring.html
is it over Jow Forums?

Attached: 2019-01-29_21-57.png (966x95, 27K)

I don't need 47% occupied by shit companies with no prospects, I just need 10% with reasonable approach to their employees/contractors.

>buy a domain with your name in it
>put the personal information you're ok with being public on it

Problems solved.

Make your own website, post some projects and provide the link on your resume. Wow that was hard.

Fuck social media.

Just make a LinkedIn. We're back to the days of putting photos on your resume.

You can have an online presence without resorting to mind numbing social media sites, but that’s probably what they’re referring too

Yeah a LinkedIn is really you all need.
Can't blame them if you have zero presence online, especially when there are dozens if not hundreds of applicants who do.

these

>generic name
>searching for it in google brings up a lot of unrelated people
Good luck, lmao

>same name as some Football player
Can still find me on like page 4 of Google, but does anyone go that far? Has this man ruined my chances?

>same name as a dude who murdered his wife and kids

>in the same city

Yet another reason I should leave Atlanta.

I feel like they asked mostly small firms/companies. I'm a junior in college with absolutely no social media and I've had several interviews with large investment banks and investment companies and they've never once brought up social media or anything about an online presence.

It's basically so they can interview you without actually interviewing you.

Can I have a question a little on the subject? Month ago I created a facebook account for a temporary e-mail because I needed to contact one person. Next day I wanted to delete the account immediately but when I logged in they asked to send a photo so I sent a photo of fucking George Constanza from Seinfeld and the next day when I tried to log in the account was still blocked and now they wanted an ID/ passport. So in the end I sent a photo of the passport, of course I covered everything except the name and date of birth but it is still blocked. And here I have a problem, did anyone have a blocked account and do they send a re-activation link to an e-mail address or just have not checked my passport yet?

You went from wanting to delete your account to sending them your fucking passport? Are you retarded?

>using social media as a tool to determine if a candidate is good for a job
>social media
>good at job
you wonder why you have abysmal production rates?
you're doing it wrong get out.

don't want to work for that type of company anyway

Probably yes but I want to unlock just to delete it completely. Documents you send can also be "deleted", as I mentioned earlier, I sent them exactly the same data which I gave when I created an account + photo, so I don't see such a big problem.

>for have
Stopped reading there

Anyone?

how exactly do they find your online presence?
most people's names aren't unique
what happens when they google your name and some convicted rapist happens to have the same name as you?

They back-trace your name.

They use whatever information they have on you narrow it down.
Obviously people from other countries are automatically cut, people from different cities can likely be cut, etc.

That's why you include LinkedIn profile url right in the resume you send in

I've had an 'online' presence since I was 15, just not under my real name.

this
you know the "deletion" of the account will just uncheck the "active" column in their database? they will not actually remove any data. it was a temporary email anyway, you dun goofed user.

When I had a Facebook I always temporarily disabled it when I was applying for jobs

I know but for my own autism I prefer account to be "deleted" not just deactivated/blocked.

So they send re-activate email and I can't do anyting?