Send out 100+ job applications as a junior full stack developer

>send out 100+ job applications as a junior full stack developer.
>got linkedin and github all set up.
>no one hires me.

Attached: 1533063745515.jpg (240x240, 13K)

keep sending em out, pajeets are all over

>Webdev
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA
You fucked up hard.

You're in a race against a few million people.
You can't all be first

but it is not fair! it took so much out of me just to pretend to be a normie. yet barely anyone fucking bothers replying to me.

>linkedin
that's where you fucked up, they just sell your data and give nothing in return

>wanting free office supplies instead of free fries
ya dun goofed

everyone and their mother is competing for """full-stack""" """"""""engineering""""""""""" roles, from ivy league graduates to bootcamp faggots to self-taught mongs. you're in for a rough time user. should have studied EE or something and taken up embedded systems.

Did somebody fall for the merit bait? Everybody knows nepotism is the only real way to get ahead.

The old "I should've just studied a trade instead of putting my entire life into one flooded job market and done this shit as a hobby instead." problem.

Attached: suicide_clown.gif (270x263, 3.91M)

Where do you live ?
Come to western europe; companies are beyond desperate for devs. I receive multiple job offers a day when I make myself visible to recruiters in linkedin

OP didn't say he put his whole life into it

I did webdev 10 years ago, before pajeets invasion, actually in my case it was niggers from Tunesia who out bid a third world country from South America.

But don't worry, user
In the end, you'll have a way different job then what you had planned before you take fullstack courses
and always have an open mind to learn new stuff

wish I had followed EE, I actually enjoyed it too.
no they're not, it's the same BS as everywhere else.
>we are so desperate for developers
>oh you don't have a bachelor's, 4 years of experience, and you don't want to take our 6 hour psychological test? see ya.
t. bong

>OP didn't say he put his whole life into it
In what universe do you live in where you put thousands of dollars into college for a degree and it isn't essentially your life?

>4 years of experience
Just lie. They lie. You can lie too.
"Yep, six years, private company making android app edits for updates."
*Mom's phone number*

this.
it's not what you know it's who you know.

>no they're not, it's the same BS as everywhere else.
Maybe in UK... In France they will take anyone ,literally. At best you need an internship and you'll have recruiters writing personalized messages to you non stop.
Pay is less than US though but still comfy

try career fairs
and talk to people representing smaller companies, chances are they'll actually be able to influence the hiring process instead of just being there to collect resumes to hand to HR

i went through a 2 year college. and a 3 month bootcamp (the bootcamp cost 10k).

this. Setup a fake company website and say you worked there. Buy some nice stock images and make it look professional.

with no connections or strong degree you will keep sending forever

Attached: 1548616347911.png (764x212, 15K)

recent interview experience:
>walk into room
>6 other people
>proceed to sit down for 3 hours doing tests
>1pm lunch with 6 other people, dont get invited to step outside for an hour break or anything
>finish lunch, proceed to do another 2 hours of tests
>last 30 mins is face-to-face interview where I get asked ~2 questions about my experience and knowledge
the bubble has popped. companies either want autistic savants or pajeets who will work for 10 rupees/hr.

>it took so much out of me just to pretend to be a normie.
This is why I haven't set up my linkedin. I feel so shitty giving any personal finformation away to a microsoft site.

I have indeed, monster, ziprecruiter, Dice, Glassdoor profiles

I also have set up Steady, House of Gigs, Instawork, Merlin, Snag

I still can't fucking get work.

At my helpdesk job, the helpdesk manager only got the job from messaging someone in HR on linkedin. That said he had 20 years of experience in "management" at A&P (defunct grocery store), and this was in 2010.

Based.

this is decent advice but the last few i went to, even though they took a card and resume, said i still had to apply on the site, but they'd "put a word in to HR for me"
because they have a stack of resumes as tall as my desktop PC that they haven't sorted through.

terrifying.

fuck videogames,movies and films, it's all their fault that we got a oversaturated market.

>second round interview tomorrow
>graduate software dev job
>have to drive 2 hours there
>if successful there will be 2 more rounds
>would be working with some shitty java application from 1997
i already want to die

Why? That's how I got my job. Except they had three hr people taking turns interrogating me. And they paid lunch

>"yeah we're gonna need you to do a bunch of esoteric algorithms that took 180 IQ PhDs years to perfect within an hour, multiple times, before we admit you to write CRUD apps. get fukt chud"

t. industry interviewing process

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 31K)

tbf they aren't asking many technical questions, mostly behavioral ones. I think they want someone who won't leave after 1 year

Webdev and "app"dev are really ugly, boring and usually for brainlet

Kill all HR recruiter faggots. Stab them in the gut till they stop moving. Stick their disembodied heads on pikes. The streets will run red with their blood. And they will have deserved every second of it.

>go to school and work my ass off working a 25 hour work schedule and balancing 30 hours worth of homework and class
>finish up degree
>send out dozens of resumes for an INTERNSHIP
>make calls to talent acquisition lines and HR rep
>8 months and still no interviews
Yeah. Fuck this profession.

Just how skilled are you? What does your GitHub look like? Do you have a personal website, and does it look fucking good? Have you considered applying for just front end at first?

I can't help but that people who can't get a job at web dev are just fucking terribly unskilled. It's has one of the lowest bars to enter and there are a fuckton of jobs out there. Can you do anything other than implementing fizzbuzz?

Rakesh is there on an H1b and works for less than you. It's the future your boomer parents chose for you.

>that feel when comfy finance job and larp as a full stack dev as a hobby

OP you dun goofed

>>go to school and work my ass off working a 25 hour work schedule and balancing 30 hours worth of homework and class
30 + 22 = 55. I don't doubt for a second that you worked hard, but don't pretend like working 55 hours a week is super hard and you are dedicated because you put in a few extra hours per day into your job than someone that works a normal 40 hour week. Especially once break times comes into consideration.

I can't even imagine being in your 40s or 50s and trying to get a software job. Must be hell. I'm fully expecting to change careers at that point.

>working time and a half just to get by
>heh, better stop complaining kiddo!

spoken like a true boomer

Attached: arisches.jpg (1024x783, 62K)

Eh just telling it like it is. I worked 38 hours a week and did study etc. for about 18, so pretty similar numbers. My point is, once I got my grad job and salary, the 38 hour week disappeared, and it became the 55-60 hour work week. So if he's bitching now about the "long hours", well then, things won't end well for him. (To be fair, can't blame the dude for bitching, no-one really wants to fucking work)

You've been getting fucked over in your job so consistently you think it's normal. In the civilised world working more than 38-40 hours a week is unusual, optional, and well compensated.

>linkedin
Ewwwwwwwwww

>In the civilised world working more than 38-40 hours a week is unusual, optional, and well compensated.
Unusual? No. Optional? No. Well-compensated? Yep. I get a shit ton more money for those extra 10 hours a week so it doesn't bother me. But it's not for everyone. If I were working 20+ more I'd bail and go to northern Euroland where the normal work week is only 30 odd hours a week.

ew that sounds awful. never had an interview like that.

Hey there fren, I'll do you one better: not even McDonalds will hire me. Apparently 24/7 availability isn't available enough for them.

>yes goy dont go into CS, it's just a meme! you should get into manual labor so you can fix Prajeet's plumbing after he comes home from his $200k CS job and takes a steamy shit in the bath tub

I'm in the same boat. Sending out applications doing everything etc.

Have we come to the point where you should just kill yourself if you don't have nepotism to get a job now? I literally can't fucking take it anymore...

literally everyone i know at my job got in through someone they already knew at the company. gotta shake some hands and suck some cocks to make it in the world.

Attached: chilla.jpg (700x701, 91K)

maybe they saw though your charade? I mean, you sound like a bitch to me.

This.
The only way to evict the pajeets is flood and crash the CS workforce to where there's so much good cheap talent that pajeets become worthless.

You missed the bubble bitch!
All us Boomers got sweet jobs, and we're hiring dudes from India for $30k a year.
Sorry user.

Attached: LOVE.FACTOR.FOR.AHD.gif (320x240, 1.42M)

true that, i'm certain any non enterprise web dev is done in india

I'm at 400+ for other stuff

going to usa to work the minimun salary next year get fucked

recent experience
>walk int room
>1 other person
>asks me some random questions
>asks me to fizzbuzz
>gives a take home task which takes 4 hours since I've never done it before
>2nd interview
>spends 30 minutes tearing me a new one
>I'll hire you for *lowballs my ask by 10%*
>accept because I asked for more than I needed
still work there after 3 years

>thinks working just a few hours more than a normal work week means there shouldn't be any success or payoff
Huh?

I think you missed the point

>recent experience
>3 years ago
cool story bro.

I went for a junior sysadmin role at a major construction company. First and only time in an interview I've been asked to use the whiteboard.
Was told to write a script that would return all usernames from /etc/passwd and list how many there were. Sperged out and couldn't remember the correct python syntax for loops, don't know regex off by heart, ended up doing it in pseucode and proabbly still fucking up. Far from a decent programmer.

Went to another interview at hip startup-ish web host/server provider. Quizzed me some linux basics, send me two technical tasks via email to fix a wordpress permissions issue and troubleshoot a 403, did it easy, got the job. Helpdesk / basic linux server admin, learning a lot on the job and at home.
Programming is for Indians, just drop a lot of devops tier buzzwords and emphasise the cloud,

>graduate in unrelated area
>studied at home
>3 months in
>get job as full stack web developer
>8 months later
>get raise
>1 year in
>promoted to mid developer
>1.5 year in
>quit to make 4x as much money elsewhere as midsenior (didnt put yrs of experience on my resume ;) and got a call. they were iffy but hired me after i took the interview)
yikes user.

Attached: 1520627742294.png (368x872, 305K)

>not owning your own industry and having Jow Forums as a hobby only
>not living in an ancapped country
i will never understand wagie cagies

Attached: 1527482867137.jpg (1000x1000, 71K)

Gen Xer here. I got into IT when it was just taking off and nobody had a clue. Now I am rich despite my mediocrity.

Attached: 1540664848293.png (249x249, 79K)

few million is a bit of a stretch in all honesty

overall it's definitely less than 1 million (across the entire world) actively trying to get into the codemonkey workforce, then you have to factor in specializations within specializations within specializations

>graduate from uni
>no internships or projects on resume
>apply for hundreds of jobs, not one call back
>go cocoon mode for 6 months and make a portfolio website and a webapp
>start applying again
>get 2 interviews in a week after applying for about 10 jobs
>already hired within 2 weeks of putting applications out
You probably have the same problem OP. All it takes is two projects to put on your resume to put yourself above 100s of pajeets.

>less than 1000000
There's got to be a million pajeets alone graduating every semester, not to mention the rest of the world

>full stack developer.

Attached: Hohee~.png (613x855, 421K)

>full stack
No wonder.

Attached: F0F054D11DAC49778AC1BC42FEB46F6C.png (792x600, 51K)

>looking for C jobs
>they all want you to know C++ as well
>never touched C++ because Linus Torvalds said it's for retards
>they all want degrees, some even PhDs/years of experience
>read that most entry-level embedded nowadays is just outsourced to china

Attached: 1478023583219.png (645x1260, 197K)

that's what you get for believing his lies.

What kind of projects? Just curious

>falling for the IT meme

Just pretend to know C++ and dick around with QT or something on the side to get a feel for it. It can't be that bad.

>Was told to write a script that would return all usernames from /etc/passwd and list how many there were. Sperged out and couldn't remember the correct python syntax for loops, don't know regex off by heart, ended up doing it in pseucode and proabbly still fucking up.
Learn how to shell script dude.
#!/bin/sh -

NUM_USERS=$(cat /etc/passwd | wc -l)

cat /etc/passwd | sed 's/:.*//' | sort | tr '\n' ' '
printf "\n%d users\n" $NUM_USERS

>There's got to be a million pajeets alone graduating every semester, not to mention the rest of the world

it's far less than that desu, most pajeets still try to go towards law, medical, finance over codemonkeying

Anons yesterday said that
>CS>Poo>Pee>EE
Now, you say that
>EE>Poo>Pee>CS
What do?

Don't forget to lie and say that you're Other gendered and if they give you an option in a job application say that you're a native.

I've started doing this shit lately and my phone's been blowing up with interviews non stop.

Diversity hires stronk

It's true enough given that any serious C++ project restricts the codebase to a given subset of features.

There might be a bias against community college students in the field, but I'm not entirely certain about that. The US hates its poor.

Document everything and sue the everloving fuck out of them all. Remember, you're not done until you're at least a millionaire and their businesses are nothing but smoking craters. Then use your money to hire hitmen to have the now former executives and HR assassinated. No mercy.

Where do you live?

why did he choose that tiny ass tree while there are perfectly grow up trees in the background ?

Are you a JavaScript programmer, by chance? Getting asked to fizzbizz is a common coding problem that gets asked in an interview. Just like programming a triangle

Yeah man it's brutal out here. No one is getting hired unless you have 5 years experience

>going into the most over-saturated field of all time
Even if you genuinely care about your work you'll be tossed aside for whatever normie knows someone at the company and will just use default settings on a development environment and browse Facebook all day.
Learn more programming languages and become proficient at something more back end.
All the "easy" entry level jobs are filled with normalfags that will never leave unless they get fired or the company goes under. While this makes it harder to get a job and is the reason all the hiring process memes exist; you can still stand a chance by actually being able to do shit that they can't. The people that work the non-jobs can't maintain a database, for example.

This sounds horrible. Not looking forward to this. How do you talk for 6+ hours while trying to sell yourself the whole time

Attached: Will_code_html_for_food.jpg (329x379, 28K)

heres a secret
make an extremely (like 2pf font and lower) white font colored line of buzzwords like synergy, leadership, etc to help get you more blips on the resume crawling textbots.

>finish undergrad with notoriously difficult to find job in major (Biology)
>didn't dick around and do nothing in school
>internships nearly every year while working on campus
>get job month before graduating, full time salaried position @ $60k
>Jow Forums in free time and to help work flow

but backend is easier

You don't need regex to parse /etc/passwd.

>fell for the trades meme and make only 55k a year meanwhile CS grads are making 150k+ and get free lunch at work

Attached: 864323.jpg (470x512, 117K)

>send 1 application
>get accepted immediately

Attached: 1436947520846.gif (305x360, 1.05M)

>CS grads
>$150k
kek, this isn't true in the slightest

recent interview experience
> one hour personality interview
> get a few questions about the projects ive worked on
> get an offer the next day
feels good to get headhunted
was also told several times that i could bring in anyone i know if i vouch for them and they're not h1b
too bad everyone i know is already employed

Attached: 1531351533880.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

Alright almighty boomer, what would you consider the low bar for "hard work" that everyone should have to meet in order to not starve in the streets? Should we all be happy for the opportunity to work 60 hour weeks for $30K salary?

Dumb zoomer expecting us to be impressed by a 55hour work week

Attached: 1537748154968.gif (652x562, 626K)

check'd

BASED AND BOOMERPILLED

Attached: E496F5AB1BD04B90953E41233B0D9F63.jpg (672x787, 31K)

>they want autistic savants

my recent story

>be me
>they give me impossible problems with impossible timeframes in areas, languages and frameworks I have no experience in
>solve them because my only talent is incredible focus in adversity
>they're absolutely impressed
>get hired
>get all the shit projects dumped on me which no one else "solved" (i.e. played stupid so they didn't have to do them)
>meanwhile a bunch of new sluts get hired for the same position with the same or worse qualifications and sent to training and overseas "field work" right away and earning insane travel bonuses while I'm alone in my fucking office
>losing morale because this is fucking depressing
>get fired because manager feels like I wasn't respecting him anymore and is afraid that my lack of respect will rub off on other people

2018 Anno Domini, it's better to act retarded and try to impress people with ass kissing. also, tits.

An imageboard single page app and then a static react site that was basically my resume in website form