Future Forecast: AMD Edition

>AMD might hit 5ghz on Zen 7nm, allegedly this will target the 12c/24t 3700x, 3850x 16c/32t skus at less than 500 usd, if this comes to fruition, it will obliterate intels entire lineup from the i5,i7, i9 and dig into the x series, and also offer pcie 4 at 24 lanes.
>navi will compete with nvidia 20 series, with the navi 3080 targeting the 2070, 3070 targets the 2060, at more than half the price, whereas nvidia can claim the rtx high ground, it won't help because of how much they levy that cost onto the consumers, navi will sell well.
>not now, but within the next 2 years amd will perfect the apu, perhaps after the ps5/xbox 3 reveals, 8c/16t coupled with a 4tflop CPU.
why is it important?
>AMD will have killed off their own low range and nvidias at the same time, in time with enough process fabs or new architecture, they will kill of mid range as well
Did I miss anything? Where does Intel and Nvidia sit in all of this?

Attached: 1548383182799.png (580x742, 838K)

>source: my ass

Your moms cunt is my source, fucking faggot.

Give proper sources or go back to sucking dick.

You're literally making up shit, retard. Faggots like you keep posting this garbage and then when the product releases and it isn't like the retardation some user pulled out of his ass, /v/ crossposters fill the board with shit. Kill yourself.

>provide sources, the thread topic is FUTURE FORECASTS
Screencap this thread, if this all comes to pass, you both have to fuck each other to death, agreed? If not, fuck off.

Sources. Faggot. Can you fucking read?
If you want to share shit you pulled out of your ass please go back to whatever tech magazine you came from.

Attached: 1524421872256.png (207x239, 22K)

At least post some reasons why you think that could be the case, retard, otherwise I can simply claim that Zen2 will reach 6GHz and that a single mid range Navi will beat 10 2080s.

>console
>SMT enabled
nah you're full of shit

Attached: Screenshot (37).png (805x805, 228K)

nvidiots still won't buy it

This is actually true.

Why would they though?

My expert prediction

>Zen Good
>Navi Bad

There's your roadmap for the next 2 years.

Better price/performance ratio. Do I care if there is Intel, AMD, NVidia or Inbred Transgender Nazi Rednecks Inc. branded on the side of it? No I fucking don't, I just buy whatever fits my use case best.

based and redpilled

do I need to buy b-die for ryzen? what ram is best

APUs problem is the memory bandwidth bottleneck. Unless somehow they manage to get over 100gb/s for the iGPU it will never be good enough for gaming at 1080p.

based

this is pure delusional if you believe all this. i can see their 8 core chips hitting 5 ghz but its a tough sell to see anything higher than that consistently hitting 5ghz.

i dont believe for a second that navi will truly compete with nvidia and amd will price their product slightly below nvidia, they won't do it at hafl the price.

i have no idea what you mean by "perfect the apu". we're still a long way off from that happening - if it ever does. the original strategy amd wanted to implement is to move floating point off of the cpu onto the gpu and combine different sets of cores and logic together as one monolithic die. as we can now see, this is not a great idea and we're moving back to a modular approach. I'm sure we'll end up going back to monolithic at some point in the future. these things always come full circle in the end. (IT Infrastructure is a great example of this: Mainframes - > Local Clients - > Thin Clients)

Nvidia is in an interesting position, they've managed to make great inroads with various lucrative markets such as cars, HPC and scientific research. AMD has struggled to make any progress on these markets and they are vital if AMD is to continue into the future (if you aren't growing, you're dying).

However, NVIDIA is at the mercy of Intel and AMD when it comes to desktop (which is a bit of niche market now anyway). PCI-E could be replaced by a new interface in the future which NVIDIA cannot use. NVIDIA's biggest weakness is their lack of ability to make x86 CPUs. Jensen Huang boasts about GPU not being constrained by Moores Law, we're not moving our serial operations GPUs any time soon. Nvidia will continue to thrive even after the desktop is dead due to the aforementioned markets they've managed to secure.

Even if Intel continues to blunder they'll last for decades before collapsing. I'm pretty confident they will bounce back once EUV gets going. I think their GPUs will suck for half a decade or so before catching up to Nvidia.

rumour says that infinity fabric won't be coupled to RAM speed, that could mean that better RAM with tight timings won't benefit Ryzen as much as it used to.
>tl;dr
WAIT FOR BENCHMARKS

>WAIT FOR BENCHMARKS
Now hold the fuck up, do you expect me to make logical informed decisions?

Attached: 1527627901780.png (560x334, 283K)

redpilled

so american tax payers will pay intel 1 bil for them to invest 11 bill?

what?

>at more than half the price,
based trips poster