>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

Attached: 71900a0a351e1acb58c0d0e5d916b36c.jpg (1241x2048, 173K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/RMWtFt
pcpartpicker.com/list/ThVWvn
pcpartpicker.com/list/zH6DsZ
pcpartpicker.com/user/Cstegg/saved/KrNMZL
youtube.com/watch?v=dLkWB-Iw3-s
pcpartpicker.com/list/tsrQnH
youtube.com/watch?v=xEileqxmags
pcpartpicker.com/list/bYYd29
pcpartpicker.com/list/vZmCWD
pcpartpicker.com/list/
pcpartpicker.com/list/hzp2w6
reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/4uin4n/list_of_games_that_dont_support_219/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rate my build plz.
pcpartpicker.com/list/RMWtFt

Here's the build I bought today and am waiting for it to arrive next week.
pcpartpicker.com/list/ThVWvn
How did I do /pcbg/?
Budget was ~5.5k BRL

that cooler is really dumb for such a big case and you don't need that thermal paste either

Is that available as a real product, or just some renderfag dicking around?

that monitor looks very cool.

pcpartpicker.com/list/zH6DsZ

Are you being retarded on purpose or just have no idea what you're doing?
Seriously.

Im using a loser-ass, cheap, stock intel cpu cooler. The fan has been spinning at 1000 RPM no matter what. I thought all was fine but recently I read that 2500 RPM is actually as high as it will go. Ive also noticed ive been having cpu heat troubles in a specific game, and I guess this is why.

Ive gone into the bios and changed some of the fan settings, saved and exited. But everything ive done has had no effect on the RPM. I cant get it to go any lower or higher than 1000 RPM. what do Jow Forums?

Attached: 33677377.jpg (1015x768, 100K)

Have tried different fan pin headers on the motherboard?

Im bad with computers. are you suggesting that the shit I plugged the fan into might be faulty/damaged?

Or just not capable of changing speeds.

why does ryzen need b-die ram?

Red liquid cools hotter temperatures

if this is the case, will other fan pin headers on the motherboard be any different? or is my entire motherboard not capable of changing speeds? man... shit

I don't know anything about your computer other than its most likely an Intel. All I'm saying is try plugging your fan into somewhere else, and maybe it'll work. If not get a new heatsink.

Have you checked whether or not there's a setting to switch between DC and PWM modes? If so, try both.

Already asked in previous thread, but was unable to answer.

I need to connect a third screen to my workstation. Currently it is using Radon 6670 1GB, which _does_ support triple screen, but apparently, my output setup ( VGA/DVI/DP ) is not supported - when I connect all three outputs, I can select just two.

So I need a second graphics card - just a silly output, nothing fancy. The rub is, that all I have are PCI-X slots.

So - what are my options for a VGA that can be hung on a PCI/PCI-X which has drivers for Windows 7 64-bit?

Pic related is my board - Tyan dual opteron. The second PCie slot is occupied by an USB 3.0 controller.

Attached: tyan-s3992-thunder-h2000m-s1207-ddr2-s3992g3nr.jpg (800x800, 138K)

Do any laptops exist that have a mechanical keyboard?

Yes. Usually the expensive gaming laptops.

Additional question - can I poof into existance a pcie slot by using one of those mining USB->pcie riser cards? I could use the already existing USB 3.0 port to route a PCIe slot for the off-screen GPU.

Attached: mailiya-2-pack-pcie-risers-dual-chip-pci-e-16x-to-1x-powered-riser-adapter-card-with-60cm-usb-3-0-ex (320x400, 31K)

Anyone here own this thing? How is the build quality?
Not a fan of the whole tempered glass meme but I really, really like the cube design.

Attached: Carbide 540.jpg (800x913, 145K)

this would be in the BIOS? ill check it out
thanks for your suggestions. one last dumb question. I see that theres another fan pin header a couple inches away from the one the fan is currently plugged into. it looks the same, but its red (currently plugged into a white one). Is that something I can plug the fan into? or is this the kind of thing I cant mess up, if it fits, do it

it's acrylic, not glass

you know this would be a lot easier if you posted pictures and/or a more detailed desctiption of your system. Just plug it in and give it a go, it's not gonna mess anything up. Maybe you put it in the water cooling pump header or so.

Really? Goddamn.
The 275r is cheaper and according to Corsair's website, that one is tempered glass.
Not that I intend to move my PC a lot but are tempered glass side panels prone to breaking?

Those riser cards are not in any way USB 3
They only use USB 3 cables and ports as they are cheap and do the job but again they do not carry USB 3 signals

this looks sketchy a fuck, did miners really run this? How wee does a sata power connector deal with the 75w of board power for PCIe?

As said. It seems that they just send PCIe signals through the USB 3 cable and then use external 6-pin power connector to power the slot. Sketchy, but it seems to work.

Aight Jow Forums, after doing some reading:

Is It true you can get rid or reduce coil whine on a GPU by abusing that shit for a few sessions?

Payday hits Thursday and it's 6,000$ since my pay was fucked for govment shut down.

My current rig is 2 gtx480s in SLI and a shit OC CPU(cooled loop) Trying to build something that will last me another 10 years.

I have drafted:

pcpartpicker.com/user/Cstegg/saved/KrNMZL

First off I dont care about aesthetics

Not trying to fucks with custom water cooling anymore either.

I already have a case, SSD, and like 10 HDDs from work

What do you all think?

youtube.com/watch?v=dLkWB-Iw3-s
>mfw linus tech shits
>mfw intel literally jews all of us

Get a 2080ti instead of 2 cards and a 9700k instead of the 9900k house fire.

forgot pic

Attached: 1527442897028.png (640x640, 431K)

I fucking wish that the Vega 56 was

What are ideal fan speeds for good temps ?

Replace that GPU with either a GT 1030/GTX 1050(Ti) or RX 550/560 depending on the video outputs you need. Are you sure it's not your cables for the monitors and have you tried using active adapters if it's VGA to HDMI ect?

I know I should do the research myself but mind explaining those 2 points a little bit?

When I hear house fire it makes me not so intimidated since my two 480s were fucked furnaces along with a overclocked AMD chip.

I went from having my room get to 90f within 30min to mounting my radiators to exhaust out the window to having my reservoir as a fish tank filled with antifreeze to keeping it in the attic and running the peripherals into my room. The attic was always 40-70f.

Does that chip just run warm and it is very hot? I do plan on OC it. Is the performance that different between the two and why 2080ti vs two 2080s?

Thank you in advance for any support

Would the cooling be better for a 2700x?

Anyone know any name brand "quick charge" expansion cards I can add to my rig?

How did a us government shut down affect your pay?

I had to RMA a powercolor red devil golden edition because of damage during shipping. Now Newegg refunded me money (but shorted me on the gst they charged for the games the dirty bastards) rather then replacing the card because they no longer carry that particular card. I got it plus 2 free games for $299 Canadian. It was a pretty good deal but now I'm stuck looking for another card of similar quality with the same price and free games or at least a discount. What should I look for should I email them and complain? Any suggestions?

You can use PCI-X to PCIe, there are even PCI-X 64-bit 66Hz adapters that are pretty fast as far as PCI goes.

Not strictly a PC build question, but this is the closest thing I've got. I need a new chair, but everything seems horribly overpriced. What kind of chair do you use?

>So - what are my options for a VGA that can be hung on a PCI/PCI-X which has drivers for Windows 7 64-bit?
See

Check the used market. If you get lucky you might find one for under 300 that's still in warranty too.

Pointless shit cooler, overpriced ram, shitty amd gpu. Psu doesnt have enough headroom for a future full housefire builds. Shitty toshiba drives

>buying rebrandeon 480 in the current year
Lol

This, even going 570 or 590 is a better idea.

Why is platinum rated psu so expensive why can't I just any?

Sweet spot for Ryzen in terms of memory is DDR4 anything 3200MHz+ with CL15/T1, it's worth the 20 bucks more expensive kits over 2933MHz/CL16.

What the actual fuck, does it even work?

pcpartpicker.com/list/tsrQnH

Looking at something like this with a 3700x instead of the 2700x whenever it comes out. Anythign to address? I'll be reusing the storage, psu, and case from my current build. Dont really have a budget but dont need anything crazy ridiculous

Is vram very important?

Its required

I play 1080 and I have 4gb, all I have to do is lower the textures and turn off AA right?

Linus thinks 590 was a rebranded 580
youtube.com/watch?v=xEileqxmags

see
otherwise it's ok

Wait for zen 2 to buy high end cpus. PSU seems iffy, in both wattage to power everything and brand.

a 2080ti would be a better buy than 2 2080s desu unless you really want the SLI.

PSU will tell you to fuck yourself if you even think of overclocking.

budget: $1000-1500(pushing it)
uses: 1080p gaming, school
no clue where to start so i figure it'd be better to ask /pcbg/
build to get ball rolling: pcpartpicker.com/list/bYYd29

>AMD Graphics card in 2019
>intel processor in 2019
Go with an AMD processor and chipset with an Nvidia graphics card. ryzen 5 2600 and any b450 motherboard would be good. RTX 2060 or wait for new low end Nvidia GPUs, but 2060 would last a long time

How important is ram compatibility for ryzen? Can't find any of the qvl ram that my mb supports anywhere in the shit hole that I live in. I don't want a 3000mhz ram running at 2133 because I'll kill myself.

pcpartpicker.com/list/vZmCWD

can you connect an 8-pin pcie cable to power the 8pin cpu connector, located next to the 4pin, on z390 motherboards?

too laud

Alright, anons. I'm new to this, and have a budget of 1000 burgers, but wouldn't mind spending less. How's it looking so far? It's for gaming, I was thinking maybe streaming, but I wouldn't be too sure of that.
pcpartpicker.com/list/

How bad is it to buy a card that was used for mining? I know a guy that's unloading all of his vega 54 for $220. He says their working, but i'm not sure about longevity.

performance degradation isn't an issue, it's whether the card will suddenly die for no reason. it'll run fine, but a crapshoot for how long

pcpartpicker.com/list/hzp2w6
silly me, I accidentally pasted the wrong link.

Depends usually pretty bad. Is the warranty transferable, and how long of a warranty is left?

>pcpartpicker.com/list/
Wrong link, mang.

So 8f he sends me a 3d mark test with timestamps and matching serials, would that be a good sign? Or would I have the same odds as checking my horoscope?

Where do I get $0.89 Cheezburgerz?

He had them for 4 months, they are msi, so a transferable 1 year warranty, but I'd probably have to pay shipping to get it fixed.

Any recommendations for a decent headset, or does the taboo of owning one still exists and its consider better to just get a separate mic?
Also what's better, audio jack or USB for both microphones and headphones?

a good sign that the card powers on and runs, but mining degradation relates to the lifespan of the card, not the performance level. that stays the same

I take it that I am too late to upgrade my windows 7 ultimate to windows 10?

Meme's aside, how well does a 3440x1440(100+hz) monitor work for gaming?(games that support it, how hard it is to run etc.)
Making a new build from the ground up within the next few months, but won't be getting a new monitor until the 2nd half of the year. (until then just a 1080p 60hz)
Anyone think theres something I should know before diving into the 21:9? Would it be easier to just go to 3840x2160?

Attached: HERE WE COME.webm (480x360, 526K)

I think you talked me out of it. It was a great price, but I keep my stuff for a look a time so I'd like something that would last 3+ years without me worrying constantly about it.

>buying a 2060
big yikes

White Castle.

>buying 2070 and above that are dying in less than a month
If you want your card rma'd out of the ass then sure, get one of those.

You say Gaming.. for that reason I recommend no less than a 250gb ssd.
A 12pgb is only enough for os and some programs. You won't be able to or you'll barely be able to fit a game on that you'll use for faster load times.
Honestly a sad is pretty boss for some games so get a bigger ssd.
Also middle of the year new Ryzen comes out so you should be able to get a better pc for cheaper.

reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/4uin4n/list_of_games_that_dont_support_219/
This might help. It all depends on the game though some game have mods that bring ultra wide support.

Explain to me the last bit of getting a better pc for cheaper.

I heard about how certain large games can flow better and even download/install sooner through SSD. What would be the best size of an SSD?

I was recently given a corsair obsidian 500d case and I'm about to make a parts list. The only problem is that this case has 2 usb 3.0's and a 3.1 type c front panel io. When most mobo's only have 1 3.0 header for front panels, how do I make these front io headers not useless?

Attached: toomuchio.jpg (854x610, 58K)

be quiet! Pure base 600 any good? I have to swap my case from a Thermtake P3 and It's the only case I cant find that seems to have decent options for mounting my 360mm rad. I'll be running two 1070's soon and I'm hoping it will keep them cool. Any case input for around $150 CAD?

Attached: demslicpus.jpg (2448x3264, 1.93M)

You should take a pic for better understanding.
The size with SSD doesn't really matter.
There is some complicated reason between SLC, tlc and mlc(don't worry about that just buy what's mostly available for consumers) are aswell the size of SSD slightly impacting the speeds.
The bigger the fast but it's mostly negligible.
But all games will install faster on an SSD barring the CPU can actually process the install fast enough.
Alot of the reason why PCs are slow in some regards is actually because the os itself is low because of having to read the HDD. HDD is actually a huge bottle next in alot when it comes to daily use.
Anyways yes games that have long loading time tend to be significantly reduced.
For one I remember fallout with all its many loading screens is most beneficial since it turns a 30sec loading screen into maximum 5 secs.
Ffxv from near a minute into 15-20 sec.
So on and so forth. Even battlefield which can be surprising long with over a minute to minute 30 online can see huge gains.
It depends on games really so before installing a game just check if the benefit is worth it but with my 250gb I can only hold 2 games worth cause the games that benefit from large SSD also tend to be very big games themselves. 50gb+ so it destroys what meagre space you have.
Lucky with steam(steam game mover) or cracked games you can just copy paste games off into HDD if a game grows stale but you know your gonna play it again some times soon in the future.
Anyways if recommend getting a bigger HDD aswell. Got myself a 4tb external($120) after a few years struggling with a 1tb and I've never felt more freer in my life

I'm $99% sure you can connect it to the mobo anyways and it'll just run at the rated mobo speed.
Just like you can connect the slower usb revisions to the new ports and it works perfectly fine.
It's more of it has the capacity to perform better. But the corresponding part most also have the capacity to perform better.
Easy Google search would help I'm sure.
Type-c I'm not sure about but it's gay anyways so don't use it

You know that sli has extremely shit support right? And that your better off just selling and getting a better GPU.

Should I avoid the 2080/2080ti

Reading lots of reviews on how they break a lot

So connect one of the 3.1 front panel ports to the 3.1 header and the other one to a 2.0 header? and fuck the type c? Thanks man

You should avoid Nvidia new line up for the sole fact that it is a rip off.
Yeah do that. It really should work. It's basically exactly the same thing.
Type-c is really unnecessary for the majority of pc user connecting shit to their pc
Can't think of one time I've ever had a need to use it. But I don't buy shit phones so...

I ran two 670's for 4 years, I had next to no problems.

>I ran two 670's for 4 years, I had next to no problems.
Seriously? I keep hearing memes of really shit support with the majority of games.
That's why amd and Nvidia don't push it anymore even though it would generate greater sales

The only limitation with SLI is waiting for profiles with new titles, but the game would still be playable with one card. I'm using a 1080p screen so a single 1070 is great, but I'm picking up a second when the Metro game comes out. I have no complaint's with SLI.

Alrighty cool.
So what's a profile? Basically instructions as to how to run parallel?
Is it the Devs that release it or modders?

Dont let Jow Forums meme you into thinking that just because tech yes city sample 2080ti died that he could just rma, that you should buy amd under any circumstance.