Was internet in the isdn era better?

Was internet in the isdn era better?

Attached: modem[1].gif (456x150, 6K)

Nah... ISDN was just enough bandwith to piss you off.

Attached: getright.gif (312x195, 4K)

90s internet with 2019 speeds would be goat.

Yes.

My ISP still won't update my ADSL to proper fiber optics....
8mbit/s suck.

At least everything wasn't bloat

that's because it couldn't be
the current generation of """developers""" don't know how to practice restraint or efficiency

>going from 56k to dsl 768k

Attached: 756343245.jpg (400x400, 34K)

>entire internet filled with 95% white males
>people spreading homophobic and obscene pictures of men stretching their behinds all over

Yikes! No thanks.......

Attached: 787.png (456x200, 8K)

>tfw literally had 14.4k until 2000, when I finally got a 56k modem... and then used that until 2003 when I got cable internet

I still remember literally the first day I got it, I downloaded GoldenEye and some other movies off Kazaa or Morpheus.

No, it's just nostalgia

we'd be back to where we are now in no time. part of the reason things are the way they are now is because internet speeds have improved drastically.

Well. you asked for this...

why is 8mbit just a little longer in the graph when in reallity is like 10 times faster than 128K? i mean it looks cool but make it a little longer

That is logarithmic scale.

>tfw my mom refused to get high speed internet
>stuck with dial-up until 2008 when I got my own laptop and leeched off a neighbor's wifi

The internet wasn't a race to see who can be the biggest edgelord. Now you're a cuck unless you're unironically a nazi who wants to gas everyone who doesn't have (((pure))) northern european roots. The current black or white mindset of "if you're not a nazi then you must enjoy watching black people fuck your wife" is cancer and people just eat it up.

Attached: 90sboomer.jpg (977x689, 194K)

funny how noone really thinks that and is mostly just people memeing or larping, you must be new if you cant understand such simple things about the internet.

60k websites were considered an abomination of bloat back then

when is back then?

Back when ISDN was considered fast

cell networks are pretty much 90s speed

In what world did people get anywhere from 20-150mbps in the 90s?

it sucked in other ways.

I recognize those speakers

dude that like fast!

Zoomers actually believe this

fucking getright

>tfw australian so had 56k up until like 2003
>every ISP would disconnect you after 5 hours so you had to redial and pay a reconnection fee
>5 hours was about how long it took to download an episode of anime (120mb~ xvid) assuming 100% speed
>rolling the dice for months before i discover getright
that thing saved my life
>tfw logging in to the 700mb ragnarok online client for the first time after only ever being able to experience runescape

Nope. It was the era of paying for literally everything. Want email? Pay.

Back then you purchased a product
Now you are the product
There is no free lunch

Each item was ~$10/mo in modern money.

fuck you grandma for calling I was playing starcraft