NEWPIPE 0.15.1 IS OUT. REMOVE THE YOUTUBE BOTNET TODAY

>2019
>using the official botnet Youtube app
>not using the open-source, ad-free, non-GooglePlay, audio-playing, AV-downloading, 4K, speed adjusting, superior Youtube player known as Newpipe.

Improvements

>Add app update notification for GitHub build (#1608 by @krtkush)
>Various improvements to the downloader (#1944 by @kapodamy):
-add missing white icons and use hardcored way for change the icon colors
-check if the iterator is initialized (fixes #2031)
-allow retry downloads with "post-processing failed" error in the new muxer
-new MPEG-4 muxer fixing non-synchronous video and audio streams (#2039)

Fixed

>YouTube live streams stop playing after a short time (#1996 by @yausername)

github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/releases/tag/v0.15.1

Attached: 1540668151811.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Does this shit work or should I stay on 0.14.1?

very nice
hey pipe dev i like to listen to music and sometimes the uploader puts in the description when each track starts, like:
0:00 darude - sandstrom
3:52 a-ha - Take On Me
So i can just click to move to another track.
Could you make this clickable too.

All i want is transparent background in the notification bar background player

>Does this shit work or should I stay on 0.14.1?
Are you a fucking retard? Of course it works and 0.14.1 will eventually stop working if you don't upgrade because youtube will keep changing things on their end.

Same as every Youtube app. Even Google's Youtube app tells you it won't work unless you get the latest version.

Get an mp3 player

This thing will steal all my data, right?

this

0.15.0 didn't work, chipmunk. Had to downgrade to make it work

If it doesn't properly sort subscriptions, I don't want it

Yes you should just pay for YouTube Red and quit supporting these kinds of projects so Google can ignore their existence please

>no .mp3 for audio downloads

into the trash it goes

Where's the .apk?

literally click ops link.

Had to switch to desktop mode to see it. This thing works great. I'm glad I tried it.

>converting to mp3
Idiot

>Being this retarded.

Who are you quoting?

yt don't have mp3
only webm mp4

This app has been broken for a long while during the last couple of updates. If you read through the bug reports, the dev seemed to fuck up the stream cache making it impossible to play from playlists.

I'll have to revisit next year, hopefully things get much better.

I guess with this new version it'll self update or at least remind you new versions are available on GitHub. on f-droid it can auto update but they're behind they still don't have 0.15 and their most recent version is broken

Works for me

meh, I prefer YouTube Vanced
works with the rest of the ecosystem, just no ads

Nobody cares if you use a modded, closed source botnet, user

no

lol

him

You're lying

Stop shilling that broken piece of shit, use something that works like Skytube or Youtube Vanced or fuck off.

>15 IPs
>28 replies
So this is the power of shilling. Get out, no one cares about your shitty app anymore.

>Skytube or Youtube Vanced or fuck off.
All 3 work fine, user

the absolute state of Jow Forums

Attached: 1541537598341.jpg (2048x2048, 195K)

And only one of them fix broken shit for weeks

newpipe gets fixed in a day

would give gold*

IT'S HAPPENING!

>broken versions are released so often that updating is the same as playing russian roulette
>dev lets the app broken for weeks
>fucks up f-droid building and delay updates for months
>videos still don't go into landscape mode when you maximize them
>play/pause button is still blurry like it has been scaled from some small as fuck resolution
>app is so shitty that its dev has to shill every release on Jow Forums of all places
hi pajeet

Is there anyway to log in to my youtube account with newpipe? I'm not seeing an option for it.

you can import subscriptions, that's it

It's entire purpose is a botnet free youtube.
Use Youtube Vanced if you want botnet with adblocking.

Thank you, I wasn't sure. I'll try vance. I've been using newpipe to play music and I like it for that.

Fuck you’re right. Jow Forums is supposed to be about consumerist wars over what phone or GPU you use after all.

Vanced is more convenient, but with less options. I don't see why people wouldn't use them both.

oh yeah, instead he's shilling his own phone app that's literally a broken piece of shit. That'll surely improve Jow Forums. Thank you Newpipe dev!

> another ``cool`` youtube client
> those bugfixes

just use vanced, duh

What's broken with it huh???

>watch video
>go to channel
>watch another video
>press back button
>doesn't go back to channel

has it been fixed?

Does vanced have bacground player

it has background playback

What do you think of skytube?

yes fren

Any way to get Autoplay?

I just use the browser because I'm not a retarded zoomer that needs an app for everything.

Why should I use this over firefox? I don't get it why people are using youtube apps. It's always a worse experience with less features and horrendous search.

termux + youtube-dl exist

Enjoy your cancer inducing desktop interface scaled to a phone screen or being limited to 320p if you want to use their mobile website. Not to mention the lack of features, increased speed, and quick access to basically everything.

youtube-dl is online for downloading YouTube videos, not playing them.

Main feature for me is listening to audio in the background with the screen locked. I'm not aware of any browser that will continue to play audio when the phone is locked.

It also ignores age restrictions and does not require you to be logged in. You won't get fucked by youtubes algorithm since it will always display the newest video for all of your subscriptions (the subscription system is unrelated to googles account)

>no iphone app
trash

>NewPipe is trash, just use SkyTube

There's a workaround.
>play video
>go to home screen
>pull down notifications
>hit play on the audio notification
Still though. Why watch youtube on a tiny phone? Why are mobilefags so homosexual?

I mostly use it for podcasts and music (playlists + play in background = free music streaming with no ads)
It can also communicate with Kore (the android Kodi remote) send YT videos directly to my HTPC.

should've just rolled back to 0.14.1, still works

Actually I'm using it and I really love it!

I use some stupid app that probably spys on me for this. I think this was a feature of Firefox for quite some time, but according to rumors they dropped it because of pressure from google (app revenue). I needed the feature pretty fast and hadn't time to really check out all my options.

I personally also use youtube for music and podcast from time to time. I always try to mask my browser as a desktop because I can't stand those mobile pages. Most retarded page I know is reddit, it always wants me to use their stupid app.

In general don't use any apps if you can use a webpage. Almost all mobile apps are hardcore spying on you. Sure you can kinda block some things with app shield or what not, but it's pretty naive to install all kind of closed source free crap on your device.

Why don't you people just rip your CDs to .mp3 if you want to listen to music in the background? Using YouTube is stupid for that.

Thanks OP I actually needed this.

Why does only a few videos show up when I go to what's new?

newpipe is also download the video when you're playing it
it just that it stored in the cache or memory and not saved on your drive

iToddler btfo

Have you considered that people don't carry CDs around or they just don't have the ones with music they want? But yeah, Youtube quality is garbage, just use something like Spotify if you want to stream.

nope, didn't work for me either

Please add a cast button that allows me to pause and get the still image with no letters and buttons around (I want to see the image only). It's great for studying from Youtube

This Fucking fix it now REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 54d29ceba64c499a4bd665ab4fbd87bc0b977a6a.jpg (550x500, 105K)

Fuck I love this app

Are there any Newpipe alternatives for iPhone/iPad?

Now we only have to wait two weeks for fdroid to publish it yay!

>iPhone/iPad
Unfortunately, I don't think so.

Attached: 34256754.png (470x492, 297K)

*we*
only (you), braindead.

It's fine but too barebones compared to newpipe except for comments.

>I don't get it why people are using youtube apps. It's always a worse experience with less features and horrendous search.
but it's not. newpipe is more than sufficient for me.

>should've just rolled back to 0.14.1, still works
0.15.1 is fine you memer

>Are there any Newpipe alternatives for iPhone/iPad?
hahahahahaahah no you ishit

>Now we only have to wait two weeks for fdroid to publish it yay!
3 days, but everybody here just downloads it straight from the github page and now it does update check from that page.

Been using the same YouTube - Vanced version for the last 10 months (not joking)

Not a single problem being a few updates behind.

>Not a single problem being a few updates behind.
I've used both Vanced and the official Youtube app, both of them tell you to upgrade if you're significantly behind on updates.

I don't see the big deal of Newpipe not working after Youtube breaking something. It always get fixed within 24 hours.

Any way to see content like the tradition sub feed or am i stuck with only seeing the channels

How can I subscribe to things? I want a push notification when Majority Report goes live

you go to the channel and subscribe but there's no notifications. it's more like a bookmark right now.

>still using mp3
Dipshit

HAHAHAHAHAH

Kiwi plays in the background.

>I'm not aware of any browser that will continue to play audio when the phone is locked.
Brave, Bromite and Kiwi do that.

skytube

Attached: skytube.jpg (1034x747, 92K)

I know it's botnet, but what are your opinions on youtube Vanced?
I like comfy streaming to youtube tv app, i don't think newpipe does that

thanks for laying that sweet pipe fellas

It's fine. Most people use both Vanced and Newpipe to get all the features. I dont get why people fight over which one to use when you can use both.

Why not BOTH vanced and newpipe?

very satisfied so far

does it require root?
can you log in in the google account?

F-droid has 15.0