IMEI / SIM gps tracking stolen car

Howdy.
so my girlfriends car was stolen out of our driveway last Friday. Unknown to the perps there is a device in the diagonstic port to track her driving habits to get discounts on her insurance. We contacted them and we have an imei number and sim number for that device. everywhere I search online just gives me bullshit apps. we gave all information to the police but...ya know could be tomorrow or next month depending on how much they have going on, and in my area its a lot.
my question. is there a simple solution to this. 15 numbers i can plug in someplace to give me the location of the device and her car. seems simple enough, but can't find an answer anywhere. Pic related when she tried to go to work.

Attached: IMG_2033.jpg (236x228, 11K)

>track her driving habits to get discounts on her insurance
Do those track location? If so then it's up to her insurance company to report this info to the police.

The relationship is over, Jamal, leave her alone.

it does. we have done more work than the police. we got all the information after a very painful process and being told on a few occasion that its controversial, even the officer in charge of the case has been in contact with them. like i said we gave all this to the police, and now its a waiting game. yet my question again is.......a simple solution to putting in a IMEI code to see where the car is our selfs. not like we are going to go into the hood and ask for the car back, but is the software there for the public to look at the IMEI gps location?

google obviously is no help because they would like you to think this technology isn't out there. so searching only gives me bullshit adds and shit lord links.

HA! thats most likely who took the car.

what kind of car?

It's more than likely the car has been chopped by now

mazda cx5 brand new

>is there a simple solution to this. 15 numbers i can plug in someplace to give me the location of the device and her car.
absolutely not, it's insane that you think something like this would be available for public or private use

waterbury ct, known for stealing cars and just ditching them when they run out of gas.

you can look up IMEI for phones no problem

Just let the insurance company deal with it. They're the ones that will have to pay out if the car can't be recovered, so they'll do everything possible to try to find it.

you'd think, it was maybe in insurance cos interest to track the shitheap. But maybe not to pass said info direct back to you, for reasons

>bullshit apps
To obtain the data, you need to actually send a signal to the GPS module, since GPS modules are passive and won't emit any signal otherwise. As it's a SIM GPS module, you need to send it a message through the cell tower network in order for it to send a message back to you. This is where the apps come in and why you can't get this software in a browser or on a PC: it requires your phone's own SIM card to send this message.

But that's just some quick reading, if you have tried these apps and they didn't work they could be kinda bullshit. They could also be perfectly functional while your car has already been cannibalised, or at least had its GPS module powered-down.

you cant type in IMEI and track location tho, thats three-letter (& Google, and Telco, & etc) privilege

>brand new
aw man, i'm sorry.

Nigga, what ?

Attached: 1548757278669.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

HA like they fucking care

insurance company + PMC partnerships when

not actually a GPS but it pings when the car is started and turned off. for the past 4 days we see when they start it. how fast they go and how hard they apply the brakes, and how many miles they travel. crazy technology... on the up side she saved 3% on her premium with this before it was stolen.

you srsly tryin to claim, theres no GPS function?
>not buying that
and fucking def not for 3% - stick it up your spying hole faggots

>not actually a GPS
Then how the hell are you supposed to find out where it is? Then what was the point of this thread with "GPS" in the title? You want to get the SIM service provider to track it or stop it from starting? Did you even try one of the apps?

what they claim is they don't track you, but what wireless device doesn't now a days. she agreed to have it in the car...so is it really spying.

i thought we would get logistic data from drivewise to see where they have been. They just gave us the information for the (IMEI/SIM) device. sorry to miss lead you. in a sense it is gps if we can find the location? or is Global Positioning System not a broad term?

what the grammar fuck hell is this

If you know a technician at the isp you would already know the location. Otherwise you are fucked I work at an isp and we get police request for ip and locations from september right now.

thanks for your help....

Attached: IMG_0888.jpg (620x412, 226K)

waterbury ct., = lil Detroit why are gangs so popular for the disenfranchised youth

GPS is a specific term for the US satellite navigation network, though it's often used to refer to satellite navigation networks in general.