Let's face it. It's over for Firefox

Let's face it. It's over for Firefox.
They are dying slow and painful death, and there is no indications they'll get better.
RIP Firefox

Attached: 2019-01-30-023840_815x566_scrot.png (815x566, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GTAFeCRzUwM&t=348s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The future of the internet is a damn bleak one.
>Blink becomes the only web engine for anything but Apple products
>Google can now dictate whatever they want and all browsers have to go with it
>Google now effectively controls what the internet will look like

i'm over it, all the hopes and promises of the internet failed already anyway

Firefox only ever had any market share because it was slightly less bad than IE.
Chrome is actually good, and Google has every incentive to keep it that way. Just like Microsoft with DirectX. It didn't matter that they had a monopoly since they had a reason to keep making the product better.

makes me fucking depressed. I miss when the internet wasn't a place for massive corporations to rule with money and power.

DirectX always had competition from OpenGL which is why they had to improve.

OpenGL was a complete non-factor for the entire golden age of PC gaming.

>Blink becomes the only web engine for anything but Apple products

blink is just a fork of webkit and apple uses webkit.

the internet is fine you moron, the web is the shittiest use for it ever since like 2008
just start using other things

>browser isn't popular therefore I can't use it
You fag. Alternative browsers will always exist. Dillo and NetSurf aren't dead yet and they have tiny user bases.

Webkit is just KHTML with some bug fixes.

but 80% of games are written with/support opengl. Unity is opengl-only. Unreal can compile to opengl ( I think it uses directx for Windows) And Vulkan can blow both of these out of the water.

>Chrome is actually good

Only for those who value their privacy as worthless.

>games

Attached: soyboy.jpg (750x1000, 72K)

It bitches at me the second I click any input whatsoever on non-HTTPS. In all practicality it's a slower, worse designed Chromium fork with overbearing Stallman-esque nanny nagging.

>just
Apple is literally all that can save us from Google now. That's why even third-party browsers on iOS have to use WebKit.

Exactly. I'll gladly use a ... vastly shittier performing browser, you gotta admit ... if it means not being under Google's heel.
And yet somehow, despite everything that's come out since Snowden, still nobody gives a shit about privacy and security. At least not enough to do anything more than installing a couple useless addons because some shitty article (that they googled) told them to.

Chromium exists mate, and it's a hell of a lot more independent from Google's control than Fireshit at this point.

I will just keep using Firefox until it stops being updated, user

With the uBlock and Tampermonkey bullshit Google's thinking about, it's not over until the fat lady sings.

Well, I'm using Ungoogled Chromium for the time being, and frankly I still feel a lot more paranoid using it than Firefox (or IceCat + Librefox prefs, as the case was). You don't have anywhere near the fine-grained control over important shit.

Good thing it's open source. Imagine if [THING YOU LIKED] was proprietary and died.

Damn if it ain't so much faster though...
God damnit.

meh, it's only over when it's over, there have been more extreme falls and comebacks in the world of technology before.

besides, since chrome STILL doesn't offer something as fucking basic as a proper separate bookmark manager with tagging, it's not really an option anyway.

Firefox Internet for Africa 2019

Attached: 1548629137538.png (1256x1188, 630K)

Why do they do this? What's their endgame? Firefox's usage continues to dwindle and they pour their money on social justice.

I'd have switched the chrome years ago if the font rendering wasn't wonky as shit.
Never get any randomly blurry text in firefox.

Some big corporation with support them soon most probably. As Google did for many years.

>Never get any randomly blurry text in firefox.
this meme will never die

Attached: 1546976685774.png (370x320, 24K)

Probably because there's truth in it?

I installed Advanced Font Settings and that somehow magically fixed it for the most part I think maybe... Or maybe my eyes just got used to it, I can't really be sure...

no to chrome

Attached: 1164485684213.jpg (500x500, 38K)

Why do people use Chrome over Firefox especially on desktop? Firefox is way better and more comfy.

Chrome is horrible, but new firefox is just as bad.

What's a replacement that isn't a botnet or Chromium?

>update to v65
>dark theme is garbage now

t-thanks mozilla it's not like I was using it or anything...

>switched to FF for the extensions
>Quantum fucks it up completely
now im stuck between a rock and a hard place. Is Opera any good, or is it just chromium+ with bullshit added to it.

Web barely existed before 1995, nigger.

Opera is a bloated Chinese botnet now.

well with Google giving the chinese info at this point, wouldnt they both be doing so? (Opera and chrome is what i mean by both)

>people buying chromebooks that have chrome as the OS
>marketshare rising
Google better enjoy it before EU slaps them with a €1 trillion fine and forces them to include Firefox as well.

Firefox Internet for Africa 2019

Attached: 1548629137538.png (1275x1188, 630K)

The difference being that the Chinese don't give a fuck about privacy and will sell your data to anyone. At least Google has laws governing it.

They don't do math, they just double down on it until it crashed and burned. This crap is pushed by someone, won't be surprised if it's Microsoft and Google joint effort.

How?

True. Google Chrome actually works and doesn't run on Ryzen, like it's a dual core

>giving hungry African children iPads and teaching them javascript

Isn't Firefox like the #2 mobile browser in India under a different name?

> Teaching starving African kids JavaScript
I guess this isn't a meme anymore

Why is Chrome gaining so much market share? How are they convincing the normies?

Attached: 1547164671944.jpg (346x450, 36K)

By being a good, easy and fast browser. Also underhanded tactics to make their services work like shit on any other browser than theirs.

>bring up PC gaming and graphics via referencing openGL
>get an argument back
>'LMAO LOOK AT THIS S O Y BOY GAMER'

Attached: 1536720884334s.jpg (250x191, 6K)

based retarded tripfag

>Imagine if [THING YOU LIKED] was proprietary and died.
On firefox there are things I like ans are dying with every release.

What are these stats based on? Because I fake my user agent to reflect the most popular system.

>exact same css and font settings
>somehow chrome looks like this
How the fuck does anyone tolerate that?

Attached: wtf.png (1920x1080, 230K)

2001 was 18 years ago you insufferable faggot

I had less issues with Firefox than with Chrome, and I've been using Firefox for waaay longer.
Oh well, it'll all end one day, but not today, maybe.

alternate browsers are worthless if every website is designed for chromium standards
might as well use a chromium fork, in that case

How about no?

go ahead, you're just handicapping yourself for no gain

No I'm not. I use text browsers and get along just fine.

You're the extreme minority. Your opinion is worthless.

Suck a fat schlong.

on Linux Firefox looks worse than Chromium

Linux is a kernel.

you don't run browser directly on kernel? what a pleb

Go for yandex then

>"I care about privacy"
>uses firefox so that websites know he's from the 5% market share and track him better.

ok

>"I care about privacy"
>uses a literal botnet controlled by one of the first companies to join US and UK government spying programs

>You are forced to use youtube to watch videos
>You'll be almost forced to use Google Chrome or Chromium as everything is built to work on it
At least I can avoid google search. Even if it's superior to duckgoo, I'll gladly take a inferior search engine that does its job just fine over a better one that tracks how fast the hair on my ass grows.
I'd gladly use a inferior browser to Google Chrome too, as long as it isn't filled with botnet and has working extensions.

Opera is Chromium too.
Edge will be Chromium soon.
Samsung Browser is Chromium.
Literally only Tor Browser will be FF.

>Literally only Tor Browser will be FF.
I'd use it just fine if wasn't slow as fuck.

lol, mozilla SJW's thought this was actually a win for them...

I'm just waiting for the time Brave gets more user marketshare than Firefox, and the win will be perfect

Attached: mozilla-witch-hunt.png (552x216, 70K)

I know and I'm keeping NetSurf as my alternative, but with a market share of

Why should that dictate your use?

It doesn't. That was never the point though.

this really
I remember back when chrome was getting popular I was loving it because it ran so fast on xp and I was shilling it to everyone
Now I feel responsible for the dirrection google went and the popularity their cancer has
Firefox is actually faster in my experience, and a lot less bloaty

>Firefox is actually faster in my experience, and a lot less bloaty
TOP meme

Attached: chara1_f_1.png (277x340, 132K)

>Unity is opengl-only
It has vulkan renderer now.

i gave Firefox around 30 chances so far

i just can't anymore, sorry, thank u next

If you use chrome, you’re literally a nigger.

t. rainbow haired firefox user

Checkout the most reliable survey sites around. They might not make you rich overnight, but they can surely add some useful bucks to your pocket: youtube.com/watch?v=GTAFeCRzUwM&t=348s

Wednesday is
Firefox Uninstall Day

Attached: mirakurun(4).png (300x300, 151K)

>Firefox is actually faster in my experience, and a lot less bloaty
what

>vastly

Alright, off to bed

My roommate apparently has this problem, although it's not blurry just randomly scrambled. It's pretty odd. I like Firefox's add-ons too much too switch, also the way chrome obscures names of tabs is awful

>So mad at the sjw bogeyman to literally become a corporate cuck
what happened to Jow Forums

For real, especially with google and youtube cracking down on adblockers.

I mean, fuck sjws but still

the vast majority of people don't even know they have their privacy compromised my dude

Based corp-bootlicker-poster

What did he mean by this?

Attached: file.png (1200x437, 55K)

Not the same guy, but it consumes RAM like no tomorrow, and is comparatively slower.

>spend all your money on bringing Internet to Africa
>people in Africa get Internet and use Chrome on their phones to access it because they can't afford computers and Firefox is the slowest browser you can get on mobile
nice priorities you got there Mozilla

It's not really a problem if you use noscript and ublock origin. Sure, webservers have logs but most are too lazy to analyze them or don't even have access to them and use google analytics or something else you can block.

le SJWs are ruining Firefox guise this is why it's dying
>meanwhile at Google HQ

What should I install instead?

>largest advertising company on the Internet uses their own web browser product to block all advertisements except for their own "approved" ones
I'm looking forward to seeing exactly how this plays out in various jurisdictions. It seems like something which will at best result in some court cases and more likely result in some gigantic fines from EU and the likes.

EU should start going against Chrome like they did against IE back in the day, it's our only hope.

People are idiots in general.
>next question