Thanks Mozilla, yet another opt-out "feature" in Firefox is all I've ever wanted

Thanks Mozilla, yet another opt-out "feature" in Firefox is all I've ever wanted.

Attached: ext.png (614x258, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/personalized-extension-recommendations
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/extension-recommendations
github.com/pyllyukko/user.js
bpaste.net/show/c1e674827f22
mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/65.0/releasenotes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gah. What a shitty browser.

WOWW THAT WAS TOUGH!
PHEW WEEE

Attached: screenshot.14.png (550x310, 8K)

Is that why I got those shitty fucking reccs?

that has been in it for a month or two now, how slow are you?

>too lazy to click once in settings
you don't deserve to live

opt out sucks but it makes sense. most people are retards and never go into settings, and then complain a feature isn't there or didn't know. the most ideal situation would be to have a initial setting with all the options and you choose whether you opt in or out. and they can have "recommended" choices set for people who don't care and want "default" settings. that way nothing is truly opt out for people who care and no features are hidden from idiots.

No, this is another thing with yet another checkbox.
This is what you're thinking of
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/personalized-extension-recommendations
And this is the new thing
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/extension-recommendations

by initial setting I meant initial startup setting configuration on first install, click recommend for their default choices or advanced to manually select what you want to allow/deny. if they specifically catered to us, it'd be unusable for most people.

I'd really prefer if upon updating they'd tell me that they've added this feature and give me the option to opt-out instead of doing it silently.

I think Firefox wants to make extension store where people will pay to install and they will keep a percentage off of that.

>pushing extensions on an unwitting public by monitoring their browsing habits is okay because the 3% of the population that can into computer are capable of opting out

Let me get right on using a browser who's developer openly demonstrates they don't care about user privacy. This is why we don't use chrome, and you waltz firefox around as an alternative? Hah.

I agree with you.

on initial installation and your suggestion for each new update with any new features. new page with the updates and asking if you want to allow/deny. shame it'll never happen, though.

well it's bad for my mom who won't be able to check it
now i see why opt-out is bad

R E M I N D E R

github.com/pyllyukko/user.js

see
>Updating using git

however even the relaxed one breaks no js re cap cha >:

>however even the relaxed one breaks no js re cap cha >:

> wow that was tough guy
Mother fucker shut the fuck up. It is a fucking slippery slope. You are the reason firefox has gone to shit in all these years

>This is why we don't use chrome, and you waltz firefox around as an alternative?
Yes, because FF still offers the option to disable that crap.
Nobody's saying Mozilla isn't a soulless company. Default FF is a privacy nightmare, but with a bit of research you can change that and while I don't think normalfags are capable of doing this, I'd wager Jow Forums users are.

Pozzilla shills in full force today.

it's nothing op, i just updated and it is NOT selected - i had tech feedback unchecked

meanwhile chromium ungoogled runs like butter withiut having to tinker with the config

see another day, another Shit-on-FF shill day

and here it is
>use google goy

Fucking jews at it again today.

>i just updated and it is NOT selected
Well, I just updated and it was selected, that's how I found out about it. Do you use user.js?

and here it is
>use bloatfox goy

At one point Firefox had a checkbox that hid the close tab buttons on inactive tabs.
They removed that feature. I don't care what shit they add now, it doesn't deservecto be downloaded.

Install ungoogled chromium.

not rly
bpaste.net/show/c1e674827f22
and pyll's user.js on another profile, both not selected
my guess is if you had technical feedback unchecked it won't enable itself on it's own

there is literally nothing else to use besides some memes with webkit

. . . they are hidden if you have more tabs and shown if you have few

>my guess is if you had technical feedback unchecked it won't enable itself on it's own
I have the Firefox Data Collection and Use boxes unchecked so that can't be it.

you're lying

it's under the general data collection so it can't enable itself without enabling it's parent as well

You're thinking of "Allow Firefox to make personalized extension recommendations" that is under Privacy & Security -> Firefox Data Collection and Use. I'm taking about "Recommend extensions as you browse" that is under General -> Browsing and that got opted-in automatically at FF65. They're 2 different things.

Attached: 2019-01-30-or8.png (1113x412, 20K)

Again, you're thinking of the wrong thing. This is what the thread is about.

Attached: recom.png (475x240, 8K)

>I'm taking about "Recommend extensions as you browse" t
nigga that's been there forever

already told you that in the beginning

yes yes i was thinking correct before you fooled me

So... what's the big deal? Open Settings, unmark it.

well i had it off'd from before [idk which version] and i updated from 64 to 65 via ftp.mozilla.org and it did not auto enable itself

Why on earth would you still be using Firefox? Was Quantum not a big enough of a "fuck you."

>utterly CRIPPLES NewTabOverride and others in quantum
>all just to shill extensions in order to gain more user info
WHAT WENT SO FUCKING WRONG?

> Improved performance and web compatibility, with support for the WebP image format: WebP brings the same image quality as existing formats at smaller file sizes, which saves bandwidth and speeds up page load.
mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/65.0/releasenotes/

>quantum bad
only wintards think that

Welp, I'm using Linux, and I think that. Quantum sucks shit. Using Waterfox as primary, and Brave as backup.

pre Quantum for linux sucked major ass

Not for me, it didn't. Which is why I'm using Waterfox.

you could use ff56 with firejail for meme extensions

I use Waterfox with firejail.

it's just a cover for them to snoop on your browser history.

>tfw just lost my browser history
reeeee

history is a meme
use bookmarks

> 2019
Firefox Internet for Africa

Attached: 1548629137538.png (1272x1183, 630K)

What sort of retard actually asked for this?