LIBREM 5 HARDWARE UPDATE

>Development is still ongoing, so most of the specs are not finalized yet. What is certain at this moment is:

>CPU: NXP® i.MX 8M Quad or NXP® i.MX 8M Quad Mini
>GPU: Vivante GC7000Lite
>RAM: 3 GB minimum (subject to change)
>Screen: 720×1440 high-DPI 5.7 (glossy)
>WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
>Bluetooth: Yes
>GPS: Yes
>NFC: No (subject to change)
>FM Radio: No
>Card slot: microSD
>Loudspeaker: Yes
>3.5mm jack: Yes
>SIM cards: One
>Camera: Front and back
>Replaceable Battery: Yes (with tools)
>Smart Card Reader: Yes (OpenPGP-compatible)

>Everything else is To Be Determined. This applies to: dimensions, weight, supported modem frequencies, internal storage capacity, maximum SD card capacity, camera specs, other screen specs, battery life, SAR values, etc.

Source: puri.sm/faq/what-are-the-phone-specs/

Attached: IMG_1301.png (261x460, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Qualcomm-Snapdragon-801-APQ8074AB-Tablet-SoC.115933.0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I really still wonder what the deal was that made Snapdragon SoCs off the table for this project, especially when firmware and modem concerns are pretty much the same for the most part, where you need blobs and the whole on off switch thing to seperate the modem, but the Snapdragon is vastly more powerful than the iMX8 they are using even with an entry level Snapdragon 650 and I bet even the Switch would beat the crap out of the SoC here.

The fact that FM is off the table also and no NFC even if they can change it, along with the screen being really low resolution and they want to ask over 500 dollars for it just makes it way too expensive for me.

The i.MX SoCs lack a modem and thus baseband botnet, they need an off-chip solution, which is easy to isolate
All recent Snapdragon SoCs have a baseband on-die
>but the Snapdragon is vastly more powerful than the iMX8 they are using even with an entry level Snapdragon 650
Yeah, they should had gone with the top-end hexacore i.MXs, they have two A73 cores and should be competitive with the SD650 on CPU tasks
Guess the BOM would had gone even higher if they did go with the top-end i.MX

Qualcomm have their tablet chips which have no modem inside like notebookcheck.net/Qualcomm-Snapdragon-801-APQ8074AB-Tablet-SoC.115933.0.html so not sure about why they did that. BoM is already too high for something like this in my opinion even with the understanding that you need to pay a premium on this. I would seriously not pay more than 400 max for something with these specs but they are pricing it way higher. I'll sit it out and see what happens but to me, it's not really moving the needle appreciably higher than what we got with Maemo and Nokia.

>no ac wireless
>no fm radio
>no front speakers
>for $700
:/

I need a separate device for radio because my $700 device doesn't allow it? $15 dumbphones have radio... :\

I don't know what nfc is for anyway(paying for things through phone?) but I know people will be annoyed by it

$700 to leave the botnet and still have a smartphone.... when I can buy a new Moto g6 or something for $180 with similar specifications and root it...

you can build a high end desktop for one of these phones lol
and
>still haven't even decided components and it's supposed to ship in 2 months
haha, what a joke

Attached: apu_reads.jpg (655x527, 36K)

:)

Attached: Screenshot_20190130-071821_ProtonMail.png (1883x2048, 290K)

And this for the eurocucks/britcucks

Attached: Screenshot_20190130-072008_ProtonMail.png (2048x1519, 497K)

preorder***

Why is the screen so shit?

I think this will be another Essential phone, that is DOA. Maybe only hardcore privacy user will buy it, which considering /spg/ won't be many.

What the fuck is a smart card reader and why does it have gpg?

Those specs rival $80 chink and India phones. Don't tell me they charge more than 150 bucks for that

> NXP i.MX 8M Quad
kek that's a $24 SOC
> $599
desu pls

Attached: 1546258876559.png (984x923, 557K)

>802.11 a/b/g/n

>599
for real? OMEGAKEK. that shit is dead on arrival

Attached: 1548835054983.png (194x259, 3K)

>small-scale phone with a new OS should cost as much as average Smartphone

Attached: nigga what.jpg (660x405, 48K)

>Replaceable Battery: Yes (with tools)
If you can't pull a discharged battery and replace it with a charged one while on the go, it's not a replaceable battery.

What the fuck? Isn't this supposed to ship in a few months? How is all this shit not finalized yet?

it shouldn't but oh boy that's a lot of money. even $500 would have been okay for some people, $400 would have been great and many people would be buying it and itd be the Jow Forums phone. $600+ is :/

I could buy a mass-produced smartphone and root or go further and buy a $15 dumbphone, a digital camera, and offline maps and I'm sure some people do that to "escape the botnet" even while a cell band can be tracked and intercepted etc and is probably actually worse than having s smartphone that you can at least encrypt messages through wifi
it's concerning and they probably aren't shipping in April if they haven't even finalized the phone yet... probably not until the summer or fall.

> librephone
> Based on Qt
> $599
another Qt framework smartphone

Attached: photo.jpg (76x76, 4K)

No.

That is called swappable battery.

this

>no radio
what a shit

Is this another shitty overpriced freetard phone?

Qt on mobile was already tried with Sailfish OS and it went down the toilet