Version 65.0, first offered to Release channel users on January 29, 2019

>A better video streaming experience for Windows users: Firefox now supports the next-generation, royalty-free video compression technology called AV1. Read about Mozilla’s contribution to this new open standard.
medium.com/mozilla-tech/mozilla-celebrates-release-of-free-high-quality-video-compression-technology-av1-in-firefox-65-7c95f2b7e56

>Improved performance and web compatibility, with support for the WebP image format: WebP brings the same image quality as existing formats at smaller file sizes, which saves bandwidth and speeds up page load.
When Jow Forums(nel) is going to support WebP, now? At least it's an improvement over jpeg and could be used as a better thumbnail.

mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/65.0/releasenotes/

Attached: logo-quantum-wordmark-large.2c9c750a9be2.png (185x69, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

venturebeat.com/2018/07/09/browser-benchmark-battle-july-2018-chrome-vs-firefox-vs-edge/view-all/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>multimedia baked into the browser
We're living in the bad ending.

>When Jow Forums(nel) is going to support WebP, now? At least it's an improvement over jpeg and could be used as a better thumbnail.
gook never upgraded to VP9, WebP it's completely off the table because he's absolutely incompetent
Some other imageboards might experiment with WebP, but I guess Applel phoneposters are more important than saving a bit of bandwidth

Recently firefox has become unable to smoothly play twitch streams so I changed to chrome for now.

Good decision but why not give Brave a try? It's has all the benifit of Chrome with enhanced privacy.

Using a browser made by rainbow-haired traps

Attached: 1546976685774.png (370x320, 24K)

Firefox Internet for Africa

Attached: 1548629137538.png (1920x1200, 764K)

Mozilla has a women-only Devroom to stop harassment

Attached: cuckzilla.png (1920x1200, 1.3M)

How is Firefox so unpopular? It's on par with Chrome these days if not better and is open source, too. Is Google simply better at marketing their thing or am I missing something?

Attached: 1508736676931.png (246x242, 59K)

Firefox has become spyware at this point. They tell you A but sell you B. On the technical side, Firefox software architecture has become a mess, developers are leaving. It's a sinking oil tanker.

Google is much better at marketing their stuff, also Chrome has a reputation for being better, more than that though most people use Google making Chrome the seemingly obvious choice

Compare the source code. Chromium is far more advanced, that goes especially for memory management.

Mozilla can't into multi-threading

i just uninstalled firefox

Should I just switch to Brave already?

Never tried Chromium. What makes it different than Chrome, other than being open-source? Is it really as good as people say? Should I bother trying it?

Attached: 1506698094481.png (246x242, 62K)

Brave and DuckDuckGo are a match made in heaven

Attached: file.png (578x277, 145K)

i dumped it for waterfox in 2019 and it feels good

no u are obv a fag

The same can be said for any software or website these days
Firefox works fine, I feel better when using Firefox than Chrome, Chrome feels like surveillance virus
>Chromium is far more advanced
It's too advanced for our own good and it's a fucking monopoly
If you are on a GNU/Linux distribution try Chromium, it's nice, better and less spying than Chrome
If you are on Windows I don't know how to get Chromium updates

>DuckDuckGo
Not even once
Use StartPage or ...

Attached: serveimage.png (1200x630, 45K)

... use Yandex
Btw Yandex has the best image searching technology right now, fuck Google

Attached: imgs_touch.jpg (1207x679, 35K)

> use Yandex
Yandex is a Russian Search Engine run by the Russian Secret Service FSB

Attached: mirakurun(1).jpg (288x288, 19K)

You must be 18 or over to post on this site.

Searx

Let them spy on you, they'll find you a Russian wife.

It's better than chrome in every way imaginable to me. I don't understand it either.

Firefox Internet for Africa
Remember to Donate goy

Attached: 1548629137538.png (1278x1189, 630K)

So, it's slow right?
Time to reinstall windows

thanks just sent 10k

Slow piece of shit. Ungoogled chromium is better.

how can they have internet if they do not even have electricity
just imagine 1 billion noggs joining internet
ill tell u is gonna turn to such shit in 20 years you will BEG for national only internet connection from your providers

maybe they should start with the sewage first

There is virtually no difference between niggers and normalfags. Internet has long been compromised,

>There is virtually no difference between niggers and normalfags.
niggers do not know how to use internet fucking retard, only niggers you are dealing with are ones integrated into american society for hundreds of years, gl with actual apes

>It's on par with Chrome these days if not better
lol

lads im on an older version of chrome because i didn't like the ui changes, seems like a bad idea to keep using a outdated browser, any recommended browsers?

Install brave already you faggots

Attached: brave waifu.jpg (2000x1286, 97K)

no ty im not a cuck

But I'm not a cute beautiful girl

You better

Why Jow Forums calls brave the cuck browser?

firefox has been shooting itself in the legs countless times now. It's basically fucking up everything that makes it good and tries hard to be a shittier chrome.
The best example of that is and will always be addons.

Do you really think nogs are gonna flock to any discussion worth having? If the thread seems bloated with nigs, it's probably not a worthwhile thread.

You can't see the future clearly
Internet is still mostly populated by europe, east asia and north america ( civilized world )
now on that number add
1 billion noggs
1 billion pakis
1 billion mudslimes
gl hf

If you value privacy then no

and how are you going to make your memes into webp?

y, he doesn't care, he could use pngquant --nofs -s9 for boards like pol but he doesn't

i don't believe the rainbow-haired feminists are programmers

>SJWfox
O O F

Attached: womyn_and_shitskins_cant_into_merit.png (1352x1448, 182K)

someone has hired ppl to shitpost about it - don't you remember the daily ff hate threads?

gogel have those as well, gogel is the leader in democratic sjwism

Yeah no, I see it. We are just going to flock to quieter corners of the internet, where the nogs won't bother us. Maybe we'll move to a decentralised net. I highly doubt tech companies have any interest in moving the 3rd world population to the decentralised web, because they don't control it, and therefore hinders their power.

>chrome still doesn't have vertical tabs
I don't understand how you can shill a browser that literally cannot handle such a simple UI feature

Comes preinstalled, that's it.

Also I don't think FF is unpopular it's just the fact that the internet nowadays is overrun with niggers. The percentage might be off, but the absolute number users is the same.

I really hate what firefox has turned into, now that soros is throwing money into these fucks it's turning into the censorship browser.

Most of the people in Africa are incredibly low IQ, anything that supports this is retarded as them.

This would be like giving a aeroplane to a fish.

They need education, fresh water, housing...not "internet"

>tfw it's way too complicated for alternative browsers to be viable
Does the web even have a future?

>>A better video streaming experience for Windows users: Firefox now supports the next-generation, royalty-free video compression technology called AV1.
Makes it sound like you'll get better results from streaming right away, when in actual fact there's basically no AV1 streams available and when they become popular there'll be support everywhere so it won't be special at all.

??????????????

He doesn't know how. Jow Forums is a called a turn key operation, he just collect the money.

>2019
>unironically having a single color hair

I've used firefox for many years it's hard for me to swap. What's an alternative that offers everything I'm used to with firefox?

I hate swapping but this company is pissing me off with shit like this

>meritocracy
This means the best skilled person gets the job.

Moving away from that is stupid as all hell, you'll have firefighters unable to pick people up to save them. You'll have doctors that can't help you cause they literally don't know how to, and you'll die. You'll have programmers that don't know how to do basic stuff, so just make easier games. You'll have bridges falling down, you'll have electronics catching fire...I mean really.

This is utter idiocy. I can't believe anyone would think merit based hiring is bad.

Is this from China and trying to destroy the west or something?

They also need birth control, the more food you five them for free the more kids they have and then when you stop feeding them they all die of starvation cause they never learned to look after themselves.

Unironically Chrome.
You can save yourself most of the shit by using it incognito mode exclusively.

>make great product
>everyone starts using it

>key people start leaving
>product becomes crappy as fuck
>people stop using it
>say it's because you are against merit based hires and instead hire based on skin color
>"well I better use it then, don't wanna appear to be racist!"

Google as just as bad as firefox though

you'd understand why what you just wrote is utter nonsense had you actually read the text

>Is Google simply better at marketing their thing or am I missing something?

Attached: 550px-Install-Adobe-Flash-Player-Step-1.png (550x409, 100K)

at least Google does not beg for my moneys like the kikes at firefox

Attached: 1482443260477.jpg (385x375, 35K)

What?

placebo

What should I switch to?
> Brave
> Raw Chromium
> Vivaldi

Ungoogled Chromium

> Ungoogled is version 67.0.3396.87
> Chromium is 74.0.3689.0
What do I do?

>wincuck

Ungoogled Chromium is always a bit behind Chromium's schedule. Even the most up-to-date builds are version 70, with development builds being version 71.
That being said, just compile from source :^)

Just now realizing this, huh?

>got the internets
>got the iphone
>got no food
>got no water
>got no infrastructure

Life is good!

Firefox, Firefox ESR or IceCat

So how many of them women actually do any work on the browser? I bet half of them are In HR 6 at most are "mangers" and i bet the rest make the coffee.

Oh come off it, you know as well as we do what they want. Instead of giving top jobs to people for the hard work they put in, all they have to do is put on a bad looking wig and call themselves trans to get the job. You think it wont happen? It will. I wonder if you would agree with me when the doctor who is going to be poking inside your body just got the job by calling everyone transphobic.

Really?

Attached: 1399914169334.png (353x606, 15K)

Every goddamn secure site I visit displays this error with FF65 on Windows.

Attached: error.png (947x368, 19K)

I'd like to see some benchmarks or concrete analysis to see which has a better engine

There are tons of benchmarks and benchmark tools out there.
venturebeat.com/2018/07/09/browser-benchmark-battle-july-2018-chrome-vs-firefox-vs-edge/view-all/
Just run the test yourself to get up-to-date results.

>recommending extension """"""feature""""""
fuck you mozilla and your shitty build in ads

>Version 65.0,
Is that why I'm all of a sudden getting this garbage when I type shit into the address bar?

Attached: Untitled.png (1918x165, 9K)

There are people right now who unironically use Firefox v. < 67

FF66 here. Why should I use Nightly over Beta?

My fucking god I got eye cancer just by looking at this shit.
I can't believe I'll need to tamper with userContent.css to make even about:config bearable.
I want to go back.

Attached: a.png (1348x728, 39K)

Vivaldi.

Vivaldi for advanced browsing.
Ungoogled chromium for just werks.

>this girl
>cute
>beautiful
Nice standards

Install any random freeware or even FOSS software. Chances are you'll get a "Install Chrome" prompt from it. Load up any Google service using Edge or Firefox. You'll be offered Chrome at some point. Not to mention how easy it's to install even on devices where you have no admin privileges, and how it ties with all Google services, making it "convenient" for the average user.

Basically, Mozilla as a non profit organization can't compete with a for profit behemoth like Google. In fact, they would wither and die if Google stop injecting money to them.

consider suicide

>developers are leaving
Source?

Slower, no sorting, uses more memory than the old about:config, somehow they call it an improvement.

> better
> improved
nope. not falling for this again for the billionth time. ESR version or gtfo.

Firefox basically bundles everything they legally can. Basically that means everything but patented media codecs.

so this is new xul-free about:config...