How do we make openbsd better bros?

how do we make openbsd better bros?
It needs something like kvm. also at least ext4 and xfs support and the ability to decrypt luks.
none of that has to be built in, there's a ports tree for a reason.

Attached: openbsd_zaurus.jpg (2592x1944, 2.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

openbsd.org/mail.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what in the fuck..? who in their right mind would use that garbage? Christ almighty the things people do man.
also if you couldn't tell, I have nothing to contribute to this tgread so have a free bump OP

i-its the best modern os though

Attached: cry.jpg (186x356, 10K)

Because Theo hates all these things with a fiery passion...

but vmm is being made. who the fuck cares about ext4 and xfs other than linux users?

OpenBSD users who want a better FS than FFS

systemd

gross

The big dream is HAMMER. ext4 on OpenBSD is a waste of time.

I love the auto_install, sitexx.tgz and bsd.rd install style for deploying across many servers at once. Can't fault that bit. Also default bcrypt password support is lovely, but it'd be great to have Argon2.

Ext4 and XFS would both be steps up, but HAMMER would be better. Porting Ext4 would be kind of dumb though given it's intended to be a stopgap for a better FS

xfs is better than any shitty bsd filesystem. It's probably the best all-purpose filesystem you can use now, I don't know why its not more popular

>none of that has to be built in, there's a ports tree for a reason.

All of that should run in the kernel mode for performance reasons.

does openbsd not support modules?

On the top of the ones you mentioned...
>no squashfs
>no overlayfs
>no f2fs
These already rule out all consumer routers, all single board computers and other embedded devices.

It's fun how they pretend to be superior to everyone when their product is completely unusable for most use cases.
If they REALLY cared about security they'd try to improve it in the areas that actually need this improvement and that actually affect people and society.
Improving security of neckbeards who already spend many hours every day worrying about it is just pointless.
There are two things that motivate OpenBSD people, their inferiority complex with Linux and their need to circlejerk and one up each other.
Sad thing is that they still haven't even realized why they are inferior.

OpenBSD is just flat out worse product.

It hasn't for years

oh...

Attached: sad3.png (656x755, 42K)

I agree, it's definitely more usable for users that aren't used to managing storage clusters since it works a lot better with standard tools than ZFS and BTRFS do.

It's not more popular because people don't shill it as much.
There are people with financial incentives shilling ZFS and BTRFS.
Most people probably aren't aware of the reflink support in XFS.

Not since 2014.

Rebase the entire OS on the GPL, because BSD is the license for people who don't give a shit about their code.

Good luck porting a file system designed for a 2010 design kernel to a 1985 kernel.

I use OpenBSD and I want to love OpenBSD but it's only good for a few use cases...
# Home router/network appliance. No issue there, PF is very nice, dhcp, dns, httpd, ntp servers well integrated and easy to configure.
# Simple desktop system (if you don't need 3D), and system to learn C programming.

Apart from that, it's extremely slow even compared to other BSDs. It's not that the exploit mitigations slow it down; it's that the design has not fundamentally evolved since the 90s. It's still largely a big lock kernel, and they have not really touched the kernel fundamentally apart from exploit mitigation, PF, etc. Even softupdates are broken and disabled.

Basically Linux has killed all the BSDs, which is a shame because the Linux userland is a balkanized hell (nothing is consistent, some stuff uses YAML, other stuff uses their own command-line tool, etc.)

>if you don't need 3D
You don't.

I don't think games like dhewm3 would work too well without it.

>Make OpenBSD Great Again
>OpenBSD was never great
>Build the firewall
>tfw firefence
>4D memory allocation
>Unangst OUT
>Reyk's investigation against Theo
>NetBSD collusion

Attached: jeb-warren.png (1866x1782, 2.75M)

>games

Wow user you're so grown up

>games

Attached: soylentopener.jpg (4032x3024, 1.08M)

ebin maymay

>OpenBSD needs games :O

Attached: gamerface.jpg (594x518, 55K)

Don't shit up a good thread because someone mentioned something that gets your panties in a bunch. Go sage your shitposts in some thread on page 10 if you need to spam your dumb shit so badly.

Quit trying to get more people in to OpenBSD. I've seen where that got Linux. Legume lads are actually celebrating that freedom companies are offering proprietary spyware for Linux.

Attached: r8jhgg7g9wq01.jpg (729x733, 57K)

*freedom hating companies

I'm not trying to get anyone to use OpenBSD, in fact I'd prefer it to stay small. Given this board's high freetard population I'm not too worried about people switching to it, there's still discussion to be had though.

>ibm

openbsd sucks, just let it rot
fuschia is the future

*SGI

>high freetard population
>openbsd needs games

>there's still discussion to be had though.
and a place for it
openbsd.org/mail.html

Attached: soyemon.jpg (1280x720, 225K)

You're the only one who keeps saying OpenBSD needs games, which is sort of funny given how much you seem to hate them.

this

Attached: 1545380497478.jpg (480x800, 105K)

FreeBSD is the shit. You could probably run it on a fucking calculator. BSD needs to replace faggy spyware windows, gay ass linux, and become the fully realized master OS that we all know it is.