Attached: python.jpg (230x230, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

webassembly.org/
benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/faster/node-python3.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pajeet only knows javescript.

Because python is garbage for zoomers.

Red and basedpilled

Because python is for brain-damaged idiots.

Because performance would drop by over 50%

The bullying must stop

Attached: f5e2977a-0e6d-49a4-a7b6-229d20efc9d4..jpg (619x453, 47K)

I thought python was faster than JavaScript?

I know Java is about twice as fast though (yikes)

how about neither? the web doesn't need it

Preferably this. But to answer the OP, javascript was intended since its inception to be run by browsers and has been updated regularly with that in mind. Python is intended to make witting small programs easier and using it in a big project seems like a bad idea

Python is slower than js.

Do you want dynamic webpages to run even slower than they do these days? Because by using python you'd get exactly that. Nothing more.

cose TABs will make pages even bigger

why not haskell

You can't be serious.
Python is an even worse language than pajeetscript. And while there are very efficient js engines (v8), the same is not true for python (they're python-flavored C compilers at best).
Lisp-web would actually be good though.

It is happening

Check out Brython or RapydScript

>let's replace js cancer bloatware with even slower python cancer bloatware
Great plan.

python isn't meant to be fast, it's meant to be easy
python is basically executable pseudo-code

shell script instead of javascript

It's practically as old as C++

>trading piss for shit
>I thought python was faster than JavaScript?
Its semantics don't allow it.

How would you minimize Python script files, if they are white space sensitive?

I don't use Python since it's for faggot zoomers but that seems like a deal breaker

it does faggot
not everyone is a retarded like you
aint no web without them interpreted languages faggettetet

Why tho

That's not the point

We should use Rust in place of js, then you could have a browser, backend and frontend all written in tbe same language!

Python is older than zoomers

please assemblychad leave us be

Javascript is 20 times faster than python, this was proven by most benchmarks.
Also no native JSON kills it

Assembler based webpages instead of JavaScript.

The absolute worst language at maintaining compatibility standards does not belong on webpages or anywhere else.

JavaScript is completely fine as a language, the problem is how it's (excessively) used.
How the fuck would Python solve this?

Attached: 1353967590730.png (768x432, 159K)

Rip noscript

You're free to make a browser which can execute python on websites. Maybe even go a step further and ditch the html and css for something better.

General question: Since python is so slow why is it being used so much for maching learning currently?

this we need pages in C

>take current web
>make it even slower
For what purpose?
tell your local web dev that wasm exists and that he should start using it for everything asap.
webassembly.org/

python is using c libraries for computation, while leaving the scripting native

How much is the difference in speed between using C++ and Numpy?
I'm interested.

>aint no web without them interpreted languages

NumPy is written in C. I may be wrong, but I think that means it has C-like performance. The Python is just a bunch of handlers for the low level stuff.

I use python for web development. I use Django, because I don't like flask. I can do stuff in it but it feels like I have to recreate everything from scratch every time I start a project, so I prefer Django.

It is slow though, but I think it only gets slow when you need to provide for a large user base, or if your code has a bunch of nested for loops being executed every time.

Instagram, Pinterest and Disqus run on Python (Django) and do just fine.

you can't write loops in numpy aka you can't code in using numpy. It exists only to for fast mathematical operations (basically matrix multiplications). C++ and numpy are incomparable.
Also, one would actually use PyTorch because it can do matrix multiplications on the GPU which is thousand times faster than numpy

here is my current website hosted on my raspberry pi. Tell me if it slows down. There may be large numbers of people using the site.. its dgraff.org

Attached: decker.gif (420x236, 879K)

You don’t need to minimise, just use gzip, minimising is mostly wasted effort and makes it harder to debug

>python is 100x slower than js
>wow, why can't we be pythonic guys? :D

the real question is why doesnt web run on scheme as it was originally intended?

Can't track you as well.

benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/faster/node-python3.html
I mean I like python but it is really slow.

Because Python is a slow ass toy language

Golang is better than Python anyway

Web programming makes extensive use of high order functions, closures and callbacks. Python's high order functions are a complete joke and useless.