Why aren't there more women in tech

>why aren't there more women in tech
Oh, I don't know.

Attached: 1548851173436.jpg (548x501, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=Woman here. I have been working as a software
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thinking that a woman brain is less effective than a male one is just an incel dream.

>user found one junk science chart that fit his sexist bias
>post it on his favorite sexistest website
>didn't read the study in full
>doesn't know IQ as an indicator has no value for compartive studies (be it for gender, race, age, class, or culture)
>can't understand why the field of psychometry is considered espistemologically weak in academia
>is unable to show any critical thinking, just seek validation
kek @ your life

Attached: 1447994396455.png (277x182, 3K)

Are you implying that female ravens are dumber than male ravens?

Attached: __reiuji_utsuho_touhou_drawn_by_cato_monocatienus__c773899aabba9c0bc8ba01bb159bd8a1.jpg (800x600, 114K)

I thought it said "Stanford-Brainlet IQ"

You couldn't even reply properly. Wow.

You're just telling a bunch of lies at this point. IQ is literally the most valid and reliable thing in all of social science and it's extremely useful for drawing comparisons between different groups. Its explanatory power is unparalleled. The thing about IQ is that it never, ever fits the leftist narrative, which is why absolutely despicable ideologues such as yourself are so desperate as to lie like you just did.

>academia
Opinion discarded

No. The fact that high IQ is much more common among males explains why high IQ careers (such as tech) are dominated by males. It's a partial explanation anyway. The main reason is that females simply aren't interested in technology to the same extent as males. It's very interesting.

Thanks for trying friends, but it's clear that women are statistically stupid and can't learn to code because they can't figure it out. Same with niggers? Then why are there so many Pajeet coders?

Fewer women than men are intelligent enough to become programmers. This is true. Doesn't mean that there can't be women who are intelligent to be programmers. Why is this distinction so difficult to understand for so many?
>Then why are there so many Pajeet coders?
Many reasons, but let's just say that when there's 1,339,000,000 Pajeets out there, lots of them are going to be programmers.

>high IQ careers (such as tech)
this is what autists actually believe
AHAHHAHHAHHAAGAHAHAHA

>women are statistically stupid
This is all you had to say right here.

>tech is high iq
>iq matters

one could say that pajeets are easy to "program" to code kek

>get told 24/7 that you are a dumb womyn only worth being a housewife
>never get taken seriously, constant belittlement degrading your mind
>get less nourishment as a child because boys have to grow up and girls have to be thin
There could be objective reasons.

Are there people who really believe shit like this? Are they so desperate for something to be someone else's fault so they can absolve themselves of all personal failures? Or maybe it's because the fact that some people are superior in certain aspects at birth is a hard pill to swallow.

Attached: 1457029818540.gif (480x347, 424K)

I'm actually working in a company focused on psychometric tests for the last couple of years, so here's my "inside" view on things.
Granted, I'm a software developer turned product manager, but I have a pretty good picture of the whole shabang.

1)
IQ is the best single indicator for many things, including overall success in life. this is pretty much undisputed in academia and you'll find countless sources for this.
There are other psychometric indicators, like the standard big5 scale, but they explain less variance than IQ alone. Obviously combining multiple indicators explains even more and if you take certain biographic facts into account, the amount of certainty you can predict things with, gets downright scary.
Knowing the gender, IQ, professions of parents and zip code of a 10 year old child can foretell extremly precise how much this child will accomplish in its life - most of which can be derived from IQ alone.
(yes, zip code is also an abstraction for race, since races correlate strongly with regions)

2)
women and men have no statistically significant difference in average IQ, all other things being equal (meaning race and so on).
However, the standard deviation is lower in women than in men, meaning that more men are at the extremes.
Since many high class jobs require high IQ this tends to result in more men having them - although other factors play a role:

cont.

3)
such as that men and women have different interessts as well as different personalities. The classic big5 is probably the best studied model for this, for example women tend to be way more agreeable than men - which can be good or bad depending on the situation or job.

4)
unlike men and women, there are differences in average IQ in between races. generally speaking asians come out ahead of caucassians with east asians being roughly one standard deviation ahead (IQ of 115) while blacks score way worse. depending on the region this can be extreme with some african countries having an average IQ of below 70.
this seems to be biodetermined rather than enviromentally correlated, since correcting the test subject framing for enviroment doesn't reduce the difference by much

I thought there is less variation in women and more are average, while there are more dumb and smart men, explaining why most inventors and dumb criminals (like robbers and murderers who get caught shortly after) are male.

You need to go back.

Wouldn't this mean 40% should be women *thinking*

They get it.

I interviewed for an analyst role at an agency recently, and the VP I talked to clued me into some interesting industry trends. Chiefly, that there is still a growing space for a certain kind of individual. The guy described it as a "right brained analyst". Which means you need to be good with the technical stuff, but you can't be a sperglord.

Women don't go into tech not because they're stupid, but because it seems like an unpleasant way to spend time. I agree. I like programming, but I enjoy spending time with my coworkers much more. I think as more "code monkeys" are automated out, you're going to see the industry equalize in favor of individuals with more creative, high-level skill sets, and therefore more women.

Attached: ml6dvzmjg0821.jpg (640x640, 103K)

People always discount the effort gap. It applies to men as well just not as obviously. Think back to that one kid you knew who ended up playing basketball really well because he was born tall, or that kid who got a football scholarship because he was 6"6' and 325lbs, or the guy that looked like a Ken doll and got into male modeling. These people could have become programmers, but life presented them with an easy path just for showing up. When you are presented with an easier path why the fuck would you take a harder one? Programming is hard and tedious and unglamorous. Now think of women, every single woman has that option. They are all valued simply for showing up just by having the ability to open their legs and get welfare from men and the government. If they are hot enough they can get anything from anybody no effort required. When you are in highschool and chad is asking you out in his Mustang do you think you would stay home and program into the night? Fucking forget about it. People always take the easiest path in life, if you are an ugly manlet who happens to be pretty smart programming is a decent easy choice, it is comparably harder than some of the chad options but you take it because you have no easier options.

>>doesn't know IQ as an indicator has no value for compartive studies (be it for gender, race, age, class, or culture)
>>can't understand why the field of psychometry is considered espistemologically weak in academia
please don't lie, Mr. Undergrad. it's unbecoming of this board and this website.

>Doesn't even understand how to reply properly
>tfw you confirm a stereotype you're attempting to refute

Lmao

Attached: knuckle walker (you).jpg (874x684, 79K)

jesus christ how new are you faggot

I'm making a screenshot and posting it to Jow Forumsinceltears

>asians
>115
knock about 10 points off that. i think you're getting them confused with jews.

Good bait
Contains a commonly believed, yet stupid claim, uses alt-right snarl words (that aren't really used by anyone else) against them, has a bait image to make replying brainlets stand out as even more retarded than they really are.

I tip my atheist hat to you, fellow a artist.

Attached: good quality bait.png (625x626, 138K)

found the incel

>However, the standard deviation is lower in women than in men, meaning that more men are at the extremes.
thats how i always understood it. haying XY instead of XX makes things a bit less stable so that, among other things, the greatest minds and biggest idiots are both male

Great, we should be allowing jews to take over in tech. They perform the best in IQ tests right guys?

I'd still marry her

Attached: 4f7cba54f2e63dbd99b57b0949988f0a.png (752x1062, 769K)

>Autism matrices

Are you just pretending or is this thread actually full of toasty roasties?

Attached: 1516495382061.jpg (638x960, 71K)

women shouldnt reproduce

There are lots of clichés surrounding tech : in IT, this path is associated with geeks/nerds stereotypes.
Most women/men don't want to be called geeks/nerds so they don't go there (this filter affects A LOT of people).
Second filter : tech is hard. You need to know how to calculate stuff, you must be cartesian otherwise it"s not for you, if you're mediocre at science forget it,etc...
3rd filter : "I want to do IT so I can make games XD" : I've seen tons of guys (and a few girls) drop out because they thought that the 1st semester would be about creating your own Counter strike, so when they saw all these algorithms, EE & physics stuff and unrelated subjects like law / accounting, they left...

All these mechanisms "naturally" keep the amount of IT people low (where I live). Oh well, less competition & nice demand then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (they're trying to make IT look more attractive lately but I don't think it'll be as effective as they think)

Attached: 1533219962213.jpg (650x400, 65K)

Woman here. I have been working as a software e*ngineer for ten years now. I have worked on game engines, machine learning, data science, pretty much anything fun.

There’s a push because it honestly is a lot harder grtting into tech as a woman. There’s all these weird hoops like I have to be “one of the guys” to fit in and any sign of femininity is taken as a weakness. For example, most women who have worked in nonfrontend programming I’ve seen over the years avoid makeup or use minimal. They also speek like an octave deeper around teammates than around me. Most women just weren’t encouraged like a lot of men are to get into tech when they do show an interest. I know like some men I had to fight tooth and nail to get where I am today—there’s a disparity here with how accessible tech is made to men vs women. Heck, even on IRC most of the women I know on freenode and the like go to great lengths to conceal the fact that they’re women because people will automatically treat them with less respect.

I have a trans woman friend who confirmed what she experienced as a male in tech and what she experiences passing as a woman in tech. Its very interesting how insecure or jusf plain shitty men get about women doing intellectual things, almost as if it threatens some of them.

All in all I’ve worked with mostly pleasant people but its stupid to pretend this reality doesnt exist and that women have less opportunity to succeed in tech than men om average.

Like my male friend who I just taught to code just got a high paying job which took me years ro get to that point when i was on my own.

Yes there are womens reachout orgs that help women get into tech, but the reason they exist is because texh is currently an extremely masculine space. I know that sounds absurd but if uve ever worked with a mostly female team vs a mostly male team ull notice differences. I wish tech to be more accessible and pleasant for all.

In an ideal world, only top x% of IQ would get to reproduce.
Most women could get in-vitro embryos from the rare smart women and less rare smart men.

Eugenics should've stayed a thing or at least dysgenics among the less fit should be introduced.

Daily reminder to not reply to shill threads

>dysgenics among the less fit
Dysgenics means essentially what the society has turned to:
The less smart breeding, selection favoring benefits for the individual (looks, aggressiveness) while disregarding the shit that actually matters for the society, just because it isn't attractive (intelligence, rationality, respect for rules).

You probably mean eugenics for the less fit.
Something like an IQ cutoff that no human gets below, but that the less fit actually need to care about.
100 IQ would not stress any human out, a human can't drop below that even on a bad day, while drunk. Anything even at risk of getting near that is just an animal.

>get less nourishment as a child because boys have to grow up and girls have to be thin

Attached: 4A7B054E00000578-5536457-image-m-2_1521817870417.jpg (634x337, 31K)

Im a female that works on STEM too, and i can confirm how much, as a woman, have to 'demonstrate' every single day that we 'deserve' to be respected as an engineer.
It hurt in the beggining, but i accepted that men will look down on me for the simple fact of being a woman in 'their' field.

While the idea that modern women have lowered IQs due to bad nutrition is at best silly, women being obese doesn't disprove that.

You can have terrible nutrition and still be fat.
If all you eat is meat and starches, you will get obese while effectively starving for many nutrients.
Also, black women have some of the worst rates of obesity, yet are (on average) less dumb than black males, which is weak evidence for the silly point that hole IQ is lowered by diet.

If I remember correctly, a particular gene associated with hyper intelligence is carried on the X chromosome. Women can only inherit it through their mothers, where as men can inherit it from both parents, increasing the number of male outliers for high IQ.

No, the dumb idea here that gets disproved is that parents force their children to be malnourished because they're girls.
And if parents feed their children trash diets who gets them obese, that's gonna be on average both for boys and girls, meat and starches goes completely against the original claim that girls get fed with being "thin" in mind.

Attached: 1442337669945.jpg (1080x1235, 216K)

>I have a trans woman friend who confirmed what she experienced as a male in tech and what she experiences passing as a woman in tech
>what she experiences passing as a woman in tech
>as a woman
>trans woman
Is this a bait?

Men don't look down on you because you're a woman. Men look down on you because you expect special treatment for being a woman.
Trying to play the victim just because you're in a male dominated field won't get you far.

>Is this a bait?
warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=Woman here. I have been working as a software

Yes, because my victim complex is so big that i actually spend 40+ hours a week trying to justify my bitterness because i only seek special treatment.
I dont want special treatment i just want the same opportunity as my male counterparts to succeed in my career.
Sadly, this is a concept that men have great difficulty to grasp.

>live in finland
>everyone is just sorta equal and there is no social tension between sexes
I miss out on the fun stuff americans get to enjoy

If you live in a first world country you have the same opportunities as men.
The only thing stopping you is yourself, there is no conspiracy against women in tech.

same

Attached: 1544152438663.png (600x600, 349K)

I actually don't live in a first world country. The company i work for has actually 'diversity' percentage goals to increase the number of woman in the field (im not very fond of that, actually) but the culture among men still the same. You can celebrate all the diversity that you want, but that look over the shoulder is a little bit harder to change...

Even if this was a reason, it wouldn't even account for the whole disparity.

>'tech' need brains

the reason why there are fewer women in STEM is not because of sexism, it's not because of IQ, none of that bullshit
it's because women just don't fucking like STEM, for the same reason why men don't fucking like fashion or taking shit feet pictures at the beach with rocks in their feet
the harder you try to force STEM down a woman's throat, the worse it's going to backfire on you (pic related)

Attached: 1546980804589.jpg (1400x814, 299K)

This is actually true. There are statistical fewer women than men in STEM fields, because of women interest to pursuit that career path.
However, as a female in STEM , the world could be less shitty if men don't look down on women that have actually chosen that path.

I think lowering wages is the real reason why companies are pushing for the diversity bullshit.
More women in tech equals more applicants to choose from and following basic supply and demand ends up in less money to hire employees.

>it's not because statistics, it's not because of things that obviously have a cause-effect relation
>it's because of my unfalsifiable hypothesis

Attached: 1505780578557.png (211x239, 4K)

>create IQ test
>it is cultural my specific
>blacks fail
>making culturally specific, about drugs and dealing
>black score higher

Hmmm.

>my correlation graph proves that it's also a causation

Attached: 1547746522793.jpg (640x480, 38K)

When they are the majority Women are not that great to work with either.
I know several female engineers who actually prefer to work with men to avoid all the drama and gossip.

I mean are you going to debunk OP's graph, or are you just going to call it a pipe dream and ignore the data right in front of you?

>The fact that high IQ is much more common among males
Yeah but the scale goes the other way too - men are more likely than women to be thick as shit.

yeah, and working with mostly men means there's a constant batlle to show who has the biggest dick/ego.

>The thing about IQ is that it never, ever fits the leftist narrative
It fits the rightard narrative even less, because leftists keep getting better scores.
The gap widens if we only consider worldview and not economy. ie. if "right" means "religious and traditional" and "left" means "loves gays and abortions".

She cooks the best spaghetti!

Attached: Japanese bird cooking spaghetti.jpg (322x301, 19K)

You should look into changing to a smaller company or startup, there is usually a closer friendlier and less competitive atmosphere between co-workers.

>it's because women just don't fucking like STEM, for the same reason why men don't fucking like fashion or taking shit feet pictures at the beach with rocks in their feet
Everything I experienced in life pointed to this. All my female relatives couldnt care less about gaming while all the guys were super into it. Math classes? More like male classes.
Idk why some people have so vastly different experience.

If you restrict breeding to only a percentage of the population, the population will drop dramatically over a few generations, and the economy will collapse as a result. In order to maintain a stable population, each and every single person must have an average of 2.1 children. If some people do not reproduce because they die early, because they are infertile or gay, or because they simply do not wish to do so, someone else must pick up the slack.

The only reason for restrictions on breeding is if the world is overpopulated. It's not. Most of the world's hunger problems stem from the fact that infrastructure is completely fucked in certain parts of the world. Granted, we can't feed everyone on a first world diet, but that's okay. Africans can eat rice while I eat beef because I'm worth more economically.

Most people have the same experience anyone telling you otherwise is most likely a feminist SJW.
I wonder why they only push for diversity in tech and not in nursing for example where the majority is female...

if you need a high iq to code then india must be the smartest country on earth

>Most people have the same experience anyone telling you otherwise is most likely a feminist SJW.
Yeah the question is why some claim otherwise.
How is it possible to construct so warped living environment that you'd believe men and women are the same in interest and ability.
Like is it a single mother household and the girl goes to an all girl school with only female teachers? How else would that misconception be possible?

Their brain is literally smaller.
They mature earlier (like all simpler creatures do).
Their arguments are usually nothing but a bunch of insults.
...just to name a few things.

Attached: 1375210543874.jpg (409x393, 29K)

>If you restrict breeding to only a percentage of the population, the population will drop dramatically over a few generations
Read the second line
>the economy will collapse as a result
Economy made of services like twitch camwhoring.
A society of smart people would do just fine with 10% of the population.
>In order to maintain a stable population
Irrelevant
>each and every single person must have an average of 2.1 children
*shaniqua pops out 4 dumb children from different fathers*
>someone else must pick up the slack
Nah, it would be harmful.
>The only reason for restrictions on breeding is if the world is overpopulated. It's not.
Because you asserted so, without evidence.
>Most of the world's hunger problems
And massive amount of CO2 literally terraforming our own planet
And release of toxic metals and compounds into air and water
And diseases
And many other things that are FUCKED already and will certainly get worse as the societies get inflated with worthless breeders whose only goal in life is to pop out more worthless breeders.

What happens if a population has negative birthrate for an extended period of time?
It dies, before it does theres huge issues with elderly, dying small towns etc.

On IQ tests women tend to be more average, but now lower than men.

That's only the surface user. It get's worse when you consider how males and females were naturally selected to be what they are today and then check what they were in recent history.
Most "successful" women were obedient housewives that barely thought about shit. A small minority are not like this, likely from some aristocratic gene pool or ancient leadership genepool or a general new mutation.

This has to be bait.
>women
>talks about tranny
>ignores scientific fact
Can't be a very good programmer if you are one.

As clearly seen in all countries that matter:
>automation
>long term thinking and planning
>innovation
>reintegration of the elderly where possible
>investment in education, to get the best out of everyone, because everyone matters more
>screeching capitalists trying to get pajeets to artificially lower the pay below livable wage

It's a pasta, newmie
Search engine it

Don't take that bait post. Most women struggle with logic. The one's that do not generally go into different fields regardless like my sister, though I have tested her and she could have what it takes if she gave a fuck about computers.

So there is:
1. the problem of logic issues with females
2. the general lack of motivation for females with good logical brains
3. the inability of the tiny minority that aren't affected by 1 and 2 to overcome the stigma of 1 and 2 which unfortunately exists do the probability of a woman being in 1 and 2.

Men don't say this to just be mean. Men say this because it's the truth.

>I dont want special treatment i just want the same opportunity as my male counterparts to succeed in my career.
Then do it. There is nothing stopping you except your victim complex.

>Their arguments are usually nothing but a bunch of insults.
Actually that affects all people because all people lack intelligence.

>women being obese doesn't disprove that.
Except only minor amounts of the difference should be affected by standard physical differences in sexes. The rest is pure habit.

>I actually don't live in a first world country.
Then how are you working at all?

for the same reason women are paid more in porn than men

While true, there is also the question of frequency.
Men are significantly more likely to be much smarter than average, compared to women. Since you need to be much smarter than average to argue like a human being and not a shit-slinging chimp, this means that men are more likely to act human.

Though it's also important that seemingly smart women do not value intelligence as much as smart men do and greatly overvalue looks. Meaning that to them, insults are genuinely good arguments.