THANK YOU BASED INTEL

anandtech.com/show/13748/the-intel-xeon-w-3175x-review-28-unlocked-cores-2999-usd

THANK YOU BASED INTEL

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

Attached: MultiChip Up_678x452.jpg (678x467, 74K)

>255W TDP
So that's like 600W of actual power consumption, right?

Are you sure it just consumes 255w?

Attached: xeon.png (708x456, 188K)

when overclocked, yes
600+ watt, according to gaymursnexus

holy shit

How's that even legal?

It's legal if you sell it as heater. Double the cores and it will be a decent heater actually.

>mobo costs 1600$

Incoming EU regulations on cpu power usage soon. They did it to vacuum cleaners, they'll do it to cpus.

>Follow jew Kalergi plan
>Fuck over jews with dumb regulations on everything
Is the EU schizo or something?

Oh look, another Intel cope thread.

Attached: 1545818044079.png (1078x1304, 284K)

>and Intel later clarified that they had intended to say on stage that the processor was overclocked, but the speaker on the stage forgot to as part of the presentation.

>28 cores
And I bet all 28 are NEVER used at the same time for anything because the data can't properly be distributed to the cores and then consolidated effectively at the other end.
This is AMD tier "innovation". MOAR CORES

InToddlers BTFO

Attached: b9882f4f-8ec5-4b16-9a7a-83aa43ee9d22.png (1063x1053, 250K)

go back to 2009 grampa

Yeah I am more worried about the other aspects of this cpu than the power cost, such as the performance per watt, the cooling requirements, the stability and the practicality of 28 cores at 3.1GHZ

>They did it to vacuum cleaners
sauce.
If this is true, EU is dead if it even tries to make this move. You need ridiculous computers for businesses to compete, technology to develop and for your country/union to be properly defended. To restrict things like this would be to essentially destroy the economy, development and defence of the country/union.

Is there any way we can capture this heat and convert to DC for electric efficiency gains? Similar to regenerative braking?

>more powerful cpu bad

Attached: 1547452383852.jpg (645x729, 51K)

Explain why they would be able to effectively process information on all 28 cores?

>more power consuming cpu good

Attached: 1511796055019.png (245x206, 6K)

>2999
>800 watt housefire

Nice space heater you got there OP

Meanwhile in a few months AMD comes out with a 64 core part that will probably cost less.

kek what was Intel even thinking releasing this monstrosity. They have no way to compete in the server market anymore.

Attached: 1413915394887.png (600x580, 577K)

lets not forget that it's going to have SMT

i actually went through the fucking article to see if it really was there because holy shit this is unbelievable

it is

Attached: 1441835763343.jpg (228x223, 7K)

>replying to your own posts

Attached: 1316275537407.jpg (600x400, 45K)

Yeah, it will only gonna need 20.000Mhz ram to compete with the intel

dmg_ctrl

what are you talking about nigger this 800 watt housefire is only clearly better than TR in single core garbage like adobe shit.

for actual real world server usage it's basically the same as last gen TR, now imagine how badly 64 core Rome will annihilate this piece of shit

Attached: 3Z0GMaV.png (688x112, 61K)

This is true you fucking pansy. Just go use a laptop

>more cores = more powerful
There is a point of weakness with multi core CPUs though.

> Is there any way we can capture this heat and convert to DC for electric efficiency gains? Similar to regenerative braking?

Kinetic energy is way easier to make use of than thermal energy since heat dissipates into the surroundings. Look up Carnot.

In general, to convert heat into "useful" energy, you need a metric fuckton of temperature difference - the higher, the better. And no, despite the memes, Intel isn't getting there - yet. But who knows what infernal hell furnaces they pull out in the future on 14nm+++++++++++.

No there isn't. All big datacenter stuff scales linearly with cores and threads.

>AVX on
>while AMD can't do AVX for shit
I would like to see performance per watt on this chart.

But with 28 cores?

>In general, to convert heat into "useful" energy, you need a metric fuckton of temperature difference
So there's no such thing as heat capacitors?

>>while AMD can't do AVX for shit
lel they can do it just fine
especially considering epyc doesn't throttle under AVX workloads

go use a single core cpu retard

get a load of the butthurt on this shill kek

This. Intfail can't even do their own meme arch the right way.

I think more than one core is useful, but there is a point where there are simply too many issues from having too many cores, in particular the effect of Amdahl's law.

Performance to watt ratios are a thing you know.

>forgot to

Attached: 1514681768756.jpg (800x800, 359K)

>single celled life is better, a single cell is more complex than many dumb cells
the future is parallel whether you like it or not fag

Yes. More cores = more VMs. It's not about scaling a single program across all 28 cores, it's a matter of increasing the number of programs per CPU.

>no AVX 512
No, it absolutely can't.

>More cores = more VMs
Oh I see now, but how does this get to the cpus and then to other motherboard devices? Through one point (the os)?

so are performance per dollar but honestly who cares

>only $3000
>needs a ~$2000 motherboard
>plus an eldritch abomination of a cooling system
So all-you-can-drink with paid toilets?

And ryzen 3 will have full speed avx 256, Intel will be btfo.

I'll wait to buy this for 20 dollars at Ali in a few years

holy shit what the ever loving fuck is that.

That's all handled by the kernel as far as the software side goes.

Ryzen 3000*

>so are performance per dollar but honestly who cares
Who do you think cares?
The buyer. He's going to weigh up the cost of processing speed with the benefit of it and when the benefit is less than the cost of the increased processing speed, then it won't be bought without a perceived incentive (e.g. advertisement, branding, marketing in general).

>That's all handled by the kernel as far as the software side goes.
>magic happens
I'm getting deja vu, could have sworn I watched a video by windows developers saying something like this.

This is just another one of Intel's halo products that isn't meant for mass production but just for plain bragging rights.

The 2990WX is slower but at least you can buy them.

Instead of giving Israel $11 billion dollars they should pour that money instead on getting their 10nm and 7nm process ready.

That ain’t happening
This CPU is such a unicorn product it’ll keep it’s value on rarity alone

Is it me, or do hardware developers lack sufficient communication and collaboration with kernel/OS developers?

Attached: 1534080986623.gif (217x247, 32K)

THE POWER
ITS UNREAL

unironically based as fuck desu and its way cheaper than I expected

>ryzen gets more coars more perfomance for less power

BAD
>xeon housefire provides less coars less perfomance for x2 the power

GOOD

It's pretty incredible what INTEL managed to squeeze out of their 14nm process.

this thing destroys amd in performance though

learn what TDP stands for you fucking retards

There is plenty of communication but not everything was built to handle 28+ cores on it's own
To give a single operating system 28-32 cores was a fucking pipe dream 10 years ago

The scheduler is a fair bit of magic but Linux does a good job. Windows on the other hand...

Only in singlethreaded workloads where you're better off buying a 9900K anyway. Most HEDT/server tasks are quite parallelizable (except for Adobe stuff) so getting 32 cores at a reasonable price with reasonable TDP is a big advantage for Threadripper.

Not sure why you're quoting the 2nd guy.

>implying I encouraged AMD's moar coars mentality
I criticised it, faggot.

NONONOAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1506977173618.jpg (882x758, 324K)

>but Linux does a good job. Windows on the other hand...
I don't think any OS today does a good job with this 2bh.

>TDP doesn't matter!

Was that on the list? Add that to the list.

>Only in singlethreaded workloads
? no it beats it at just about anything people use workstation cpus for
>Most HEDT/server tasks are quite parallelizable
not a server CPU
>except for Adobe stuff
in other words, except for the """productivity""" that people actually use
>reasonable price
it's not evne much cheaper especially when you calculate the whole system cost
>reasonable TDP
you can just not overclock the intel cpu and its still better

>To give a single operating system 28-32 cores was a fucking pipe dream 10 years ago
It still might be and I think there needs to be development of the OS/Kernel to CPU mechanism, potentially changes to the motherboard as well. This does not seem like one thing that can be divided into several specific parts, the whole needs to be construed at once I think.

now wheres the wattage for TR2990wx at 4.6ghz?
oops it cant do 4.6? yeah its stuck on 3ghz on one core and 2.8 on the rest of 31 cores

TDP != power consumption, moron

>Not sure why you're quoting the 2nd guy.
because he's quoting the TDP number and then posting the power consumption

in adobe that still refuses to fix ryzen and on avx which basicly no one with the workstation segment uses

in pretty much everything else its far behind

>company A releases non consumer CPU
>company B that specializes in consumer CPUs is finished

????

It's Intool you baka

Attached: Intool.jpg (1920x2160, 2.78M)

This might be bordering on consumer CPUs soon though if the consumer software level develops with 28 cores in mind.

Not in any workload you'd actually buy a high core count workstation CPU for.

>in other words, except for the """productivity""" that people actually use
Yes, people buy high core count workstation CPUs exclusively to use Adobe products, since Intel is better at those, and no other workload whatsoever, since a 2990wx would be better at virtually everything else.
(lol

You wouldn't want to insulate your processor user

Weren't there 8 socket boards filled with quadcores back then?

>You need ridiculous computers for businesses to compete
sc needs like 300kb of memory to run

Yes there was some high socket/core count servers but you mostly ran virtual machines with each VM maybe having 2-4 cores
No one was really expected to give 32 cores to a single OS or a single application and now since we such high core count machines that are expected to run a single OS it's starting to dig up the inefficiencies

>2x256 without throttling
yes it can

lmao

Attached: 105870.png (650x337, 35K)

>12 sticks of blingram
the chrome ones would've looked better desu

Attached: 2019-01-08 14.56.30_575px.jpg (678x508, 82K)

Some people did that but it's mostly specialized workloads.
Pic related up to 80 cores of Westmere in a single machine.
One thing to note is that you wouldn't be running Windows 10 or even 7 on these machines. It's either Windows Server, Linux or something semi-custom. And those all behave very differently with a fuckton of cores than consumer windows.

Attached: Fujitsu-Primergy-RX900-S2-8-x-Intel-XEON-E7-8870-10-Core-2048GB-Ram-Rack-Server-35738-p.jpg (1600x1087, 302K)

The only reason I can think of to cover everything with foam like this is to hide what brand of watercooling they used.

Attached: 2018-06-06 08.58.45-2a_678x452_678x452_575px.jpg (678x508, 78K)

They already showed it to the world, a single Rome beat two (2) top Xeon Platinums.

Classic intel right there

Attached: 1515520387217.png (780x720, 611K)

Intel has the most hired engineers in the world yet amd
does better heat management

Zen1 only has 128 bit units, that's why it sucks so much. Zen2 took advantage of 7nm gains to double that shit so it should perform much better in AVX shit.

they were using a chiller, the water was so cold condensation would of formed on the tubes

>would of
how can you have good information

Attached: graphic-of-man-pulling-on-hair.jpg (840x643, 197K)

man you are just jellious of my good speech

Still AVX-256, which is shit.

stop that
Have*

amd superior heat managament aka not clocking higher than 4ghz

>would of formed
pajeet, comon keep spelling mistakes and not get rupees anymore

Come on man, can us intellectualities have some fun now and a while?