Google Takes Its First Steps Toward Killing the URL

No more url bar for u user

wired.com/story/google-chrome-kill-url-first-steps/

Attached: Google Takes Its First Steps Toward Killing the URL.jpg (628x471, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TjnoumwYUzs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

can’t wait for them do kill this beta project

domain squatters on suicide watch

All you need are facebook and youtube buttons anyway.

Attached: 1456358997259.png (1820x772, 462K)

Yeah with the internet being full of normies it's no wonder they continue to dumb everything down, especially now that low-IQ people from Africa and India are starting to use the internet

Is it gonna do what safari browser does, hiding the entire url string and showing only the domain?

Sounds more like they don't want you to be able to see anything past www.google.com or www.google.com/privacy. This would more fuck power users more than anyone else.

Implying power users couldn't disable this

>Implying we would use spyware like Google Chrome

I don't see how they solve anything besides flagging domains they never heard of or domain that do not even want to be listed in google, like mine.
It is damn hard to get out of the google search results without making a google account and delisting yourself. But why should I make accounts for webmastertools when I want to get out?
Besides doing illegal shit so google completely blacklists yourself other things can be done, like redirecting google to itself or fucking with the crawler. For example giving a 404 header but showing the page for browsers works great. Also giving out some expires-header that is not a number, but stuff like "fuck you".

tl;dr?
what will a url-less browsing experience look like? what will be used instead of it?

Back to direct ip nigga
Dns is just the name of their game

In the future we won't have web browsers, you'll download a webapp for everything from the play store

Like buttons

The article is a load of shit. All it amounts to is some technician at google has said "can we use something besides URL's"? and the others have looked at him and said "go away and write a book about it then come back and let us know what youre thinking". It's just someone wrote some shit on the back of their hand at a meeting and now people are saying "It is theeee ennnnnnd of daaaayyyys oh woe is us"

Attached: I gobble horses off.jpg (220x391, 19K)

Well, I've been thinking about an alternative to the web. If you think about it, browsers are just a shitty way to deliver a slow application to your computer, which you then use to interface with the server.

Do there exist any browsers that cut out the crap?
I want only html + css
If you need to bloat up your page with javascript I'm not interested
Ideally this should fix the memory problems of modern browsers

Since the "minimalist" and "pure" look trend power user have been constantly fucked over.
You can't disable things that they don't want you to, you can't install extensions that are not from the chromestore anymore, even if you allow it in advanced settings.

Google search based on content of the site not domain name or page name. How do you know you are on Disney's real page and not fake fisney . com? One is google approved the other isn't. What does that mean? It means one paid money for a little green check and the other didn't or was denied for being fake.

how about a little fire scarecrow?
youtube.com/watch?v=TjnoumwYUzs

Don't jinx it.

so what happens when they quietly get rid of the flag in chrome://flags just like they did with the disable smooth scrolling flag in the latest canary buiild?

They won't

>getting rid of a perfectly fine feature because normaltards are too stupid to not get phished
what a timeline

google vetted clicky tablet button websites made sure to be free of non-google ad-- i mean malware

it's "URI" anyway

It'll be like the old days of when AOL and Compuserve ran their own walled garden networks.

Attached: 1545878199415.jpg (323x454, 25K)

The Internet is a dumpster fire nowadays anyway. Whatever just fucking burn it down.

dang we're going back to the days of the aol keyword?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (960x720, 100K)

Silly Google, you have to come up with something better before you get rid of a thing.

Faceberg already did that with their "free" cellular internet services in Africa.

They will, they removed old UI

>takes away UI Layout in flags right as uproar about it starts
This was the only logical step

Fuck Firefox

Remember when internet explorer and M$ were trying to do the same bullshit? Eventually it got so bad even the normies said "Fuck It" and went to another browser.

If google keeps this up they will probably resign chrome to the same fate once normalfags get sick of how retarded their browser is becoming.

Javascript was a mistake
Letting normalfags on the internet was a mistake

Attached: javascript.jpg (3264x1836, 832K)

>We want to eliminate scams of people using similar urls to make you think you're on the real site.
>By removing the url so you can't see it.
>We want to stop people visiting fake sites.
>By removing the only way most people use to identify whether the site is fake or not.

Attached: index.png (226x223, 8K)

lynx or w3m if you like pictures. Alternatively you can use noscript addon

Be prepared that many sites cease to work without "necessary" bloat

>Google decides to removes the URL bar from Chrome to combat phishing
>Meanwhile, in Mozilland
>about:config - network.IDN_show_punycode;true
Top fucking kek.

>about:config - network.IDN_show_punycode;true
I didn't know about this, very helpful

dream

A heuristic algorithm will be much better than relying on your average Joe to check the URI.

Any mechanism done by a machine will be far from foolproof and all the scammers will find ways to game it. Then we'll be right back where we started, except now with no way to check for ourselves whether a page is legit or not.

Does that show the symbols like $284 or whatever instead if the character?

>Redirecting Google to itself
What us that supposed to do?
Recursive crawling?
Gow else would you mess with Google?

>never connected with prime alex mack

Attached: wojak suicide.png (1059x962, 861K)

>believing that the Sandy Hook shooting was staged
That is an alarming signal of social decay.

>mfw the url bar becomes like the CLI to normies

Attached: 1533512183675.png (700x700, 825K)

Why do you presume to speak like you're an authority on the matter?

Attached: smug brainlet.png (296x300, 62K)

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 10.17.07 PM.png (225x168, 21K)

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 10.17.35 PM.png (373x212, 57K)

You can install unpacked extension in developer mode, but you get a gay popup message everytime you open the browser. Other than that, it works.

Google wants to send traffic to their cached version of a website.

Attached: Google KFC.jpg (308x164, 10K)

>>believing that the Sandy Hook shooting was staged
>That is an alarming signal of social decay.

>false flags are impossible
>lying is impossible
>i have first hand accounts on everything
>the information i think to be true is true'
>historical events are recorded accurately and without bias
>societal decay is evident by people questioning anything

yikes, arrogant much?

>It shouldn’t take advanced knowledge of how the internet works to figure that out.
Well that's just their opinion.

It sounds like they are intentionally trying to help scammers, if you can't see the URL then as long as the site looks like what you're trying to pretend it is and has a normal URL then how can people tell.

OP is implying we use spyware like Google Chrome

Kek

>stupid idea
>her
everytime

Web directory revival and clicking over 20 pages of search engine results to find the sites that interests you.

Attached: 1485899353093.png (700x916, 93K)

This was never about stopped scams. That's just an excuse they're using to justify further totalitarian control over what information you can see.

>power users
>chrom*
good one

Exactly. Who the fuck uses Chrome except for pleb-tier normalfags? No one.

>how do we make URLs easier to understand?
uh, with DNS?

I thought they were going to remove http/s etc?

ITT: no one read the article

Eat shit google. Go figure out something useful, like how not to have a shitty "browser" to collect data for you. Or not be a gigantic douchcanoe to everyone because lol we're google we're a giant ad machine cunts

Web 1.0 was so comfy