/spg/ - Smartphone General

Galaxy S10 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: samsung_s10___leaks.0.jpg (946x800, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MA_JtmruS34
youtube.com/watch?v=2mRXgZTUm8s
ebay.com/itm/LG-V30-H931/192754614996
youtube.com/watch?v=f4Ty1GRR4KI
slickdeals.net/f/12708199-moto-z3-play-unlocked-299-99-fry-s-online-or-in-store-w-promo-code
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>screen protectors don't work if you want to use the fingerprint sensor
Very good ploy for the goys to ruin their screens faster

>want to use the fingerprint sensor
good goy

god I miss my nexus 5

I have an Iphone 6 and just changed the battery before christmas. Because of some reason I want a new phone. Any recommediations?

shit battery killed it

It comes with a pre applied screen protector.

Pocophone

>doesn't specify usage, budget, preferences
please SOD OFF

Mainly use my phone for browsing in the Internet and watching youtube and sometimes netflix.

Still waiting for global version of Redmi note 7 pro.

Currently still using Xperia C

just keep the iPhone

Also, thoughts on Vivo (especially vivo v11)?Looks like huawei on a budget and it had so!e neat feature as well?

>gaming smartphone

Attached: 1469553924001.jpg (600x656, 71K)

Those huawei-esque patterned back looks cheap because they use plastic instead of glass. They're pretty light which add to those cheapish feel. They somehow reminds me of them cheapo lenovo a couple years back.

Seems like they spent all their money on gimmicky stuff like dual fast charge and touchscreen fingerprint sensor and had to cut cost on build quality

>m.youtube.com/watch?v=MA_JtmruS34
OH NO NO NO NO NO

>bend phone with the force of a thousand monkeys
>be surprised phone breaks
pajeets are even stupider than I thought

back to Jow Forums, scum. The bend test is a simple way of checking if your phone's build quality is chinked.

Attached: 2c3e5cab0df2b8f88849199346d1e3ae.png (508x510, 55K)

>15 hours SoT off a 100% charge on a $150 phone
what's wrong with fagship phones that can't even get 8 hours? This is pathetic.

Attached: SoT.png (1080x2160, 132K)

is there anything i need to know about the oneplus 6t that would make me not want to buy it? i am looking for a new android smartphone at the moment and the oneplus is currently in the lead. are there good alternatives (android only please)? thank you guys!

it cost almost 600$

is there a considerably cheaper phone that is on par with the oneplus 6t? sorry, i have absolutely no clue when it comes to smartphones nowadays. had my s7 edge for four years now and lost it yesterday

Xiaomi mix 3

No, the bend test is just a non scientific way just to show the durability of a phone. The general flex of a phone is bad since it can dislodge components that can cause a premature failure. When I buy a phone, I want it to last at least two years, and the flex over time cause it to fail

Just got a Mi Mix 3 today, love it so far. Upgrading from an LG G6, which was fine.

Got some sexy themes already. Super fast, good camera, amazing screen experience.

Which doesn't work in the US

basically the same price as the oneplus and a retarded slider mechanism which can break any day?

>a retarded slider mechanism which can break any day?

youtube.com/watch?v=2mRXgZTUm8s

I don't know about that. It's /ourguy/ approved.

Attached: 1460834047462.jpg (392x589, 34K)

Better screen, considerably better camera, and no retarded notch. That user is right, there is no reason to buy the 6T with the Mix available globally and the OP7 around the corner.

Despite pic related, how bad do you think the cameras will be this time around? The XZ2 failed miserably next to the S9+ if I remember right, and the XZ3 has the same camera so it's the same thing.

Attached: 1548861528523.jpg (768x848, 34K)

what phone?

Depends on what you do with your phone. They don't scratch from normal usage, at least gorilla glass 4 didn't, gg5 is less scratch resistant.

Man I've hold a mix 3 and I still regret buying honor 8x instead of waiting a bit and get the mix 3

thank you for the generosity mr sheckelsworth

redmi note 7 or Mi 8 lite? Both are around the same price

>screen moles
Why is Samsung so retarded now?

If you could afford to wait, go for note 7 pro. The sensors are made by sony and it shoots true 48MP pics instead of 12MP pics upscalled to 48MP

> he doesn't realize he doesn't have to use the slider
>he doesn't realize the slider means the front camera is physically blocked at all times
Silly child.

What's the closest thing to a redmeme note 5/7 that actually has bands 12 or 17? Seems to be a Nokia 7.1, but at $350 might as well spring for a Mi 8 or even oneplus 6 for a little more.

is MIUI really that bad?

Attached: 003.jpg (951x789, 391K)

Anything better than a Mi A2 Lite for a boomer mom that does nothing but use facebook and instagram?

Not really. I thought i was going to go straight for LineageOS on my pocomeme but after sticking with MIUI for a while i don't see any reason to do that.

maybe a Redmi S2, I mean it's not "better" but it's enough and cheaper in some markets

But Android One is better anyway.

Nope. Hell it's better than Touchwizz since it wouldn't slow down your phone after half a year

I heard it closes apps just for being on the background, like a media player, etc.
Well, to be fair anything is better than Touchwiz

Mi Max.

Boomers typically prefer large screen and mi max is plenty big

just turn off "MIUI optimisation"

Good, I'm thinking on getting the Redmi Note 7 Pro or Moto G7 Plus
But Moto is fucking expensive for no reason, but it looks like the main camera has OIS.

Mi A2 lite
or
Redmi Note 5?
10 bucks difference between the one and the other
I'm going to use it mainly for
youtube/netflix, maps, internet and music

redmi note 5 pro

don't get a xiaomi if you want Netflix on HD
it lacks that shit DRM required for HD streaming on Netflix and Amazon Prime Video
Honor 8X does have that DRM, it's an alternative if you can find it cheap

>those specs for the new xperia
Wew that thing better be $800 at best or Sony is setting their own grave.

Looks like it, i mean for 10 more bucks i get fast charge
But a2 lite has android one, i'm not that much into phone stuff but isn't it supposed to be better?
It's almost 100 bucks more expensive, can't afford it
It's not like there's a big difference with a small screen

>can't afford $100

Attached: 1521708532272.png (657x527, 25K)

honestly if you're not a phone person you won't notice much difference. I'm using MIUI for 2 years now and it's completely fine

The specs for the new XZ4 sound great if they end up being true. Still cheaper than the S10/Pixel line will be at launch.

Bought an LG G7thinQ a week ago, I like it

Yep, i'm poor
Those extra 100 bucks will be needed to buy new parts for my pc
>honestly if you're not a phone person
Not really, i don't customize much beyond the wallpaper on cellphones
Thanks m8

Honor 8x didn't justify that 100 bucks extra.

Alsoz
if you don't learn how to be wise with your money, you're gonna die penniless

He's using so much force to bend it that his arms are trembling. There's no way the phone would be exposed to that kind of force in regular use. The most common way by far for a phone to break is that the glass display shatters. Or when was the last time your phone got bent in half? And the iPhone 6 is a completely different story, that one was so weakly built that even a baby could have bent it.

>doesn't work in the US
yes it does, it's fully compatible with T-Mobile, AT&T and even Verizon.

Redmi note 3 was notorious for this, and was worse than iPhone 6 plus

ebay.com/itm/LG-V30-H931/192754614996

Redmi Note 5 AI Dual Camera or Xiaomi Mi A2?
I can get the A2 for just $20 more, but I don't know if the lack of microSD and headphone jack it's worth the SD 660.

RN5, you're also getting a bigger battery, 4000mah vs 3000mah.

huawei p20 pro vs Samsung s9?

Attached: 1510458277321.png (596x799, 661K)

it's my first time posting in this general.
I'm gonna buy a new cheap samsung phone soon.
should i get the samsung j6+ or wait until the m20 comes in the uk?

Attached: 1484312433357.png (522x803, 372K)

Fucking chinks removed the option to "turn off" the Pocophone notch on MIUI.

Attached: 1499302516795.jpg (247x250, 5K)

Is there a modern flagship where you can for example run lineageos and still get stock camera quality, e.g. by installing the stock camera app? (The gcam ports I looked at are done kinda poorly, not fully adapting to the device)

>lack of microSD and headphone jack
Jesus, fuck that.
What kind of business model is this? Release a phone without essential stuff

Either the user controls the program, or the program controls the user.

Attached: stallman.gif (363x511, 75K)

How does a sd card and headphone jack essential to your life that not having any is detrimental to your own self?

It's not essential to my life, it's essential to the device i'm buying
All my smartphones had it, why would i buy a modern device without it?

you will regret that

Is there some form of DE / VM for android that is completely based on gestures. I just bought a phone without any physical navigation buttons and I hate this kind of navigation in general on android devices.

I really liked the way meego on the N9 implemented this:
youtube.com/watch?v=f4Ty1GRR4KI
I suppose SailfishOS kinda works the same, but it seems almost unusable at this stage and the company does really stupid shit all the time. Would be great to have something like this on android.

>you will regret that
explain pls

Attached: __bellri_zenam_gundam_g_no_reconguista_and_etc_drawn_by_yukataro__75a4247919940023c102c206b5ebcafb.p (560x750, 209K)

budget samsung phones are garbage

oh,should i inherit my friend's s7?

Attached: 1466023457385.png (301x364, 121K)

you should inherit a bullet to your eye socket discord tranny weeb

yeah the S7 would be a better option especially if you don't do a lot of intensive stuff on your phone

Don't post Sakura on Jow Forums, she is too good for what this site has become.

i'm not even a troon, mate
i'm just here to discuss what new gook phone i should get

Attached: 8azvz4worf821.png (511x536, 340K)

Based xigger hater

True, a bigger battery is nice.
It's becoming common bullshit.

Funny how the so-called essential phone doesn't have these Essentials

How's the LG V30's build quality? I am a bit wary of LG in general.

anyway, don't get a cheap Samsung
an S7 will be better, but you should look outside of Samsung for a cheap device

Get Nacho Notch app off the Play Store, that lets you hide it

IIRC OnePlus and Pixel phones let you use the stock camera software even on custom ROMs.

You should get something that isn't a Samsung

Zenfone Max Pro M1 (SD636, 4/64GB) available for €229
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (SD636, 3/3GB) available for €179
€50 for +1GB RAM, 32GB of storage and 1000mAh in the battery, worth it? going to slap lineage OS on either choice

i was also thinking about i phone se or Motorola and also i want to avoid chinese brands due to spying fears

Attached: 1547235410470.jpg (800x600, 98K)

Its a fucking bitch to rice but otherwise it just werks.

Haven't heard of any major issues with the LG V30. Maybe this will interest you if you want alternatives to consider:
slickdeals.net/f/12708199-moto-z3-play-unlocked-299-99-fry-s-online-or-in-store-w-promo-code

Yeah, I'd say it's worth it

Get one of the Nokia phones

no matter the OS or the manufacturer, they spy you
Either Google, Apple or the chinese

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sakura deserves better.

What's the best phone with a sub 5.5inch screen? Good lineage support is a huge plus

I am sour on Motorola after having a G4 POS but there is the x4 4/64 for $200 from project fi