So I don't get it. Why not put a fingerprint scanner under the screen, like Samsung does...

So I don't get it. Why not put a fingerprint scanner under the screen, like Samsung does? Or make the power button a scanner, like Samsung does? Or put it on the back, like every Chink manufacturer does?

Attached: iphone.jpg (177x285, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2018&chkInfrared=selected
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why not keep garbage smartphone threads in the smartphone general?
Are you too fucking dumb to put smartphone related posts in the smartphone thread?

Because they can't.

Ugliest flagship phone on the planet. Glad Sammy is saving us from the cuckhair meme screens.

Attached: 1532737567526.png (1051x708, 655K)

sony did before put scanner on power button but now they have put it on back cover. i guess it cannot be placed on power button because nowadays every phone must not be thicker than 1 millimeter.

Because passive authentication > everything else

Android fanboys often complain that Apple always copies from other phone manufacturers and that they always take time to implement new hardware features in their phones. That's because I don't want a fucking fingerprint scanner under my phone, when FaceID works even better. I also don't want to have a bezel-less display, at the expense of a shitty vibrating screen in lieu of an earpiece and sub-par camera. Wait until technology is good enough to do that well.

Attached: 1515116853344.png (349x491, 203K)

A thread died for this.

QUALITY
DESIGN

A thread that mocks Applel is never a wasted thread

Attached: IbK9OXL.png (570x634, 340K)

>Why not put a fingerprint scanner under the screen, like Samsung does? Or make the power button a scanner, like Samsung does? Or put it on the back, like every Chink manufacturer does?
Translation: "Why not do what literally everybody else does, for no reason?" That's not how Apple tends to do things.
Besides, Face ID is basically objectively better than Touch ID. It works in more situations and is far more secure.

Attached: keep hatin.gif (500x322, 915K)

>oh no no no no

Attached: galaxy s10 leaks.jpg (1200x800, 59K)

Left looks shitty but right looks miles better than cucknotches

Attached: iBrain.png (211x239, 12K)

someone post the haircut

Left means no (reliable) facial recognition or iris scanning. They're going to be actively removing features for less bezel.
If you defend this, you're just as bad as the iToddlers you claim to hate so much.

>Why not put a fingerprint scanner under the screen, like Samsung does?
You mean, "...like Samsung is going to do soon."
In-screen fingerprint sensors are generally kind of a bad idea. They're slower, less secure than standard fingerprint sensors and require full brightness in the area where the finger is being scanned, unless the scanner is ultrasonic. Then, it's whatever.
>Or make the power button a scanner, like Samsung does?
Tiny fingerprint sensors like the ones you find embedded into power buttons aren't really all that accurate and tend to give false positives and false negatives about 50% of the time.
>Or put it on the back, like every Chink manufacturer does?
This is the best option when it comes to fingerprint sensors. It's ergonomic, fast, cheap and easy. But why bother with fingerprint sensors anyway when facial recognition is such a more viable way to go with biometric security?

>Left means no (reliable) facial recognition or iris scanning.

>implying that's not a good thing

>face ID works in more situations
What more situations? It's not very often I use my phone without using my fingers.
>far more secure
My twin brother can unlock an iPhone with the my face ID, great security there man. Fingerprints doesn't have this problem.

Attached: 1470792315766.jpg (280x339, 30K)

>What more situations? It's not very often I use my phone without using my fingers.
Face ID works even when your fingers are moist and/or pruny. Face ID doesn't require you to even partially remove the gloves on your hand to unlock your phone.
>My twin brother can unlock an iPhone with the my face ID, great security there man. Fingerprints doesn't have this problem.
Usage of Face ID isn't recommended for identical twins for this reason, however instances of total strangers unlocking phones that don't belong to them are statistically much, much higher than Face ID being tricked by a lookalike.
Touch ID gives the user a 1 in 50,000 chance of a random stranger unlocking the phone, whereas Face ID gives the user a 1 in 1,000,000 chance.

Basically: sucks to be you. Use a pin.

Face ID is still in its first generations, though. Leaked documents from Apple have implied that they're working on an improved version of Face ID that include facial vein scanning as further verification that you're "you" and not a lookalike.

there is a patent dispute with regards to that, Sony phones in the US had the scanner but it was disabled
probably the same shit with the underscreen scanner

murder your twin brother. problem solved

That isn't true the sensors are in the bezel you fucking retard

You might actually be braindead.
What do you think those 'sensors' are mainly comprised of?

Attached: confuson.jpg (900x900, 39K)

All I want in an iPhone is an IR blaster so I can use it for a remote for my TV.

>iPhone
>having any features at all

Attached: 1547617422411.png (918x720, 520K)

I came from android, I had the G1 and tons of others and rooted the fuck out of them.
But rooted or even stock it was buggy in every phone I tried, so I said fuck it maybe I’ll try the iPhone. It just works desu, only problem I’ve had is I dropped my X in water and dried it off but probably didn’t wait the 24 hour period before charging and I got a pink line running down the screen, but it literally went away today.
I wanna get another android for a second phone though, just don’t know what to get and I’m not a Samsung fan at all.

Xiaomi and Huawei are pretty much the only manufacturers who even put IR in their phones these days

These are all the models from 2018 and later with IR. If you're comfortable flashing your own rom, I'd go with the Redmi. If not, I'd get one of the MiA2 models as they have stock Android.
gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2018&chkInfrared=selected

I prefer the power button fingerprint scanner that was used by Sony prior to the XZ2. You already have to push a button to turn on the screen anyway so why not make that same button the scanner.

So are you implying Apple made a mistake when they added the fingerprint scanner to begin with? Especially given that Face ID was already available at the time and Android had it for ages?

>You already have to push a button to turn on the screen anyway so why not make that same button the scanner.
You don’t.

>Especially given that Face ID was already available at the time and Android had it for ages?
I hope you don’t unironically believe this. There is no facial unlocking method on android that even gets close to Face ID. Android has never had and still doesn’t have secure biometrics.

spbp

You actually don't.

I'm pretty he can't see your comment user, his eyes are caked in his retard drool from trying to read it.

You fucking knuckle dragging faggot.

there'll be a version without those glory holes user

Attached: sketch-1548923204338.png (2138x1440, 1.4M)

>not a normal haircut with one black eye

The only company that thinks for themselves instead of just copying apple

based