Memepad

*puke*

Attached: csm_internals_c19c31876b.jpg (1691x1200, 581K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ifixit.org/blog/12903/flexgate/
thinkpads.com/support/hmm/hmm_pdf/t420_t420i_hmm.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Still guaranteed to be more reliable than pretty mac trash
ifixit.org/blog/12903/flexgate/

Is this the true power of the Reddit memepad

>replaceable m2 ssd
>replaceable wifi
>can add wwan
>replaceable battery
>replaceable thermal compound
>replaceable keyboard, screen, and touchpad

enjoy buying a new mac when one key starts sticking

Cuckpads BTFO

Attached: 15-inch-touch-bar-ifixit.jpg?retina.jpg (1184x888, 198K)

apple makes an aesthetic board but still,
thinkpads.com/support/hmm/hmm_pdf/t420_t420i_hmm.pdf

>caring about aesthetics inside the laptop

are mac users worse than argeebeee-gamers?

>I hate maintainability
>mmmh oh yes, a mainboard I will maybe never ever see needs to be aesthetic instead!

If Crapple fanbois weren't such idiots it would be possible to take them seriously

>all parts easily serviceable and replaceable
>replacement parts can be ordered by anyone directly from OEM
>replacement keyboard is motherboard sealed to prevent corrosion and moisture, industry standard practice
>function over form

>everything important is glued or soldered to board
>replacement parts cannot be ordered easily and cannot be ordered from OEM
>replacement keyboard is >$100 and might not even work
>keyboard riveted to case and takes hours to replace including drilling new holes to replace rivets
>form over function (on the inside of the case which is completely pointless anyway)
>mobo is wide open to corrosion and moisture
>hyper sensitive moisture stickers so they can force you to replace it instead of repairing

cope

>Thinkpad: QC inspection marks on every connector
>Macshit: no QC

A E S T H E T I C
(now feeturing automatic iBatExpansion™)

Attached: eS7VgJm[1].jpg (2592x1944, 813K)

So when do computers stop getting "faster" and start getting more reliable?

> Not a T series

It's normal for the batteries to be a bit bloated because there's a lot of battery juice inside

>PCB protected from dust with plastic, which is indeed conductive.
>Decent-sized heat pipe
>Normal LCD cable
>Replaceable standard* WiFI
>Replaceable SSD
>Large PCB
>Non-glued battery
It is a decent design. Too bad I can't see RAM slot and CPU socket.

Yeah the RAM is soldered and so is the CPU
The CPU being soldered isn't that unusual as X series have almost always been soldered

This design, on other hand, is bad.
>PCB is not protected, so water and dust might cause problems
>SSD is not replaceable
>Heat pipe isn't sufficient, since it is not thick enough
>WiFi can't be replaced
>Battery is glued, so it is pain in the ass to replace
>Two fans. Why?

Yes, but I'm not a fan

yes, the fruitbats are juicy juicy indeed, Other manufacturers can only gaze sadly over their own disappointingly flat and non-bulging at the very seams power packs, and be disappoint

Attached: oqgdfpjlcjtts19ye57g[1].jpg (1600x900, 193K)

One thing you will notice with Apple boards is some of the cost reduction done
Everything is done to reduce the amount of connectors,wires and parts to the absolute minimum, it's really the reason Apple boards look so tidy

>PCB is not protected, so water and dust might cause problems
macbook is not your typical shitty memepad plastic shit that water can go inside
>SSD is not replaceable
its replaceable retard
>Heat pipe isn't sufficient, since it is not thick enough
macos is a optimized os that handles the eat dissapation not unlike wangblows/lincucks that goes 100% usage 90c in 1 second
>WiFi can't be replaced
its literally decades apart when wifi goes from 2.4 to 5ghz
>Battery is glued, so it is pain in the ass to replace
and?
>Two fans. Why?
not all people are losers like you that you need a table for your 10kg memepad

that looks like flex tape.

>Apples is tidy because they removed everything
this is all good, right up until piece one of your over-value-engineered shit breks, then, your entire aesthetically-tasteful board is irredeemably trashed. But, then you need to buy a new one, amiright ?

I wasn't complementing them
Apple boards do end up looking more tidy than the average thinkpad but for the wrong reasons
The thinkpad to the average person looks ugly on the inside but every little thing done in the thinkpad is done for a valid reason unlike the macbook which only looks the way it does because it's cheaper to build fucking serviceability and reliability in the process

Don't care. Bad or worse alternative existing isn't a defense for being bad.

who are you trying to fool there yourself? does that battery look easily replaceable to you?

Soldered RAMs a dealbreaker, that and non-(easily)replaceable battery makes this a joke. No, the battery's not replaceable when you have to take the back cover off to do it.

If this was some $200 laptop then it'd be understandable and fine. It's not, new Thinkpad's aren't cheap. There's no reason to buy this one over some $200 Acer laptop. It's just sad.

>macbook is not your typical shitty memepad plastic shit that water can go inside
Fans will suck dust, which is conductive, and water, which is conductive, and will corrode.
>its replaceable retard
Not on this model.
On older MacBook air it was replaceable.
On Touchbar it is soldered with under fill. (pic related)
>macos is a optimized os that handles the eat dissapation not unlike wangblows/lincucks that goes 100% usage 90c in 1 second
You know, it does throttle to 1 GHz even under macOS, if you start doing something on it. For example, rendering a video, compiling a program...
CPU has Max TPD, and cooling system in computer should be able to dissipate this heat.
Also, MacBook comes with thermal cum, instead of thermal grease. When I replaced it with Arctic Silver 5 grease on my MBA 13" 2014, temps got lower 10°C.
If you try to use cheap silicon grease, it will throttle just like with stock one.
On normal laptops (even fucking Acer), cooler has some headroom, which allows you to use cheap grease, without hitting 100°C. Sure, copper is heavy, but 10 extra gramms won't hurt. Also, why Apple engineers doesn't use aluminium body as additional heat sink?
You know, MacBook is like a car with powerful engine and bicycle tires. Motor can deliver, but tires skid. Either you install 3-cylinder moped engine (Celeron or Pentium in case of laptop), either you keep V8 (Core i5, i7, i9) and make tires wider (make heat sink dissipate more heat).
>its literally decades apart when wifi goes from 2.4 to 5ghz
Sure, but in case of failure, you're screwed, while on ThinkPad you can order from Lenovo a PCB and install it.
>and?
Batteries degrade over time, and it is a good idea to make them removable, so you can replace only the battery, contribute less to e-waste.
Glued batteries make replacing them super hard, and potentially dangerous.
>not all people are losers like you that you need a table for your 10kg memepad
How it is related to 2 fans?

Attached: ssd-macbook-pro-touch-bar.jpg (1000x633, 106K)

thinkpad: form < function
iShit: form > function

>ching chong ching chong
lmao
thinkpads really are just chink shit

>Soldered RAMs a dealbreaker, that and non-(easily)replaceable battery makes this a joke. No, the battery's not replaceable when you have to take the back cover off to do it.
Soldered RAM is kinda of a deal breaker, while screwed battery under cover is not, especially in thin and light laptop.
It is not 1990's, batteries last 5-10 hours.
I mean, there is a trade off, obv, for portability.
>If this was some $200 laptop then it'd be understandable and fine. It's not, new Thinkpad's aren't cheap. There's no reason to buy this one over some $200 Acer laptop. It's just sad.
$200 laptops might actually have RAM slots, and they might have removable (easily) battery.

>hmm/hmm
hmm

>literally decades apart when wifi goes from 2.4 to 5ghz
WIFI standards have been moving forward pretty darn fast, and it's not about what part of the radio spectrum's used. b, g and n all used 2.4ghz. not being able to replace your wifi card might be annoying in about a year when 802.11ax cards become common.

Mactoddlers reaching...

>Batteries degrade over time, and it is a good idea to make them removable, so you can replace only the battery, contribute less to e-waste.
>Glued batteries make replacing them super hard, and potentially dangerous.
And yeah, glue is not necessary. They could have done plastic clips with bolt, they had everything to do like that... But no, they decided to cut corners and make $1500 laptop cheaper to manufacture.

>But no, they decided to cut corners and make $1500 laptop cheaper to manufacture.
no, that's not the main reason, they do it on purpose so rich people buy new computers instead of replacing them, same for smartphones.
The computer and smartphone industry are fucking disgusting and should be laws against planed obsolescence.

Attached: 1285623052807.png (750x750, 925K)

Reality is that people still change batteries, but it fills like a cum spit into a face.

Here's a real thinkpad.

Attached: 2388365.jpg (3744x2544, 3.92M)

Not really, I mean, while it may be trivial for us to to change internal batteries even if we have to solder them to the motherboard, most people can't, the reason why things (used to) have external batteries is that every retard can just pull the old one off and slide the new one back on.

>wow that's amazing
thanks, now LOOK AT MY HORSE, MY HORSE IS AMAZING... is playing in my head

>assymetrical speakers
no thanks

>plastic clips with bolt
goodbye thinness